Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Questions About Hell. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Hell. (9764 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:
Only 1 reference to tongues was attributed to Jesus so how do you know exactly how it works if not from other books?
I know Jesus Christ said it is a sign of those who believe in Him...aka those who belong in His Kingdpm. And from the accounts of some of walked with His apostles, there was no record of any additional sense or feeling as the one which you stated earlier. Plus my personal experiences also educates me on this too. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I know Jesus Christ said it is a sign of those who believe in Him...aka those who belong in His Kingdpm. And from the accounts of some of walked with His apostles, there was no record of any additional sense or feeling as the one which you stated earlier. Plus my personal experiences also educates me on this too. undecided

But there was:

Acts 10:46
For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:
But there was: Acts 10:46
For they heard them speak with tongues , and magnify God
So? undecided

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So? undecided

What do you think magnify god means?
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 8:40am On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:

So your own experience is valid while mine isn’t?
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
What do you think magnify god means?
Did they "magnify God" as a result of speaking in tongues or did they "magnify God" out of choice? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
So your own experience is valid while mine isn’t?
I already told you it is a spirit thing... if it was born of your will, it is definitely not not same phenomenon described in in Bible. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did they "magnify God" as a result of speaking in tongues or did they "magnify God" out of choice? undecided

When someone does something because they are happy, they still are making a choice so your dichotomy doesn't apply.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I already told you it is a spirit thing... if it was born of your will, it is definitely not not same phenomenon described in in Bible. undecided

Ok so Christians need a spirit to do what other people can do by their own self?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Ok so Christians need a spirit to do what other people can do by their own self?
It is given as a sign to follow those who believe in Jesus Christ, and it is powered by spirit.. ! undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is given as a sign to follow those who believe and it is powered by spirit.. ! undecided

And those who don't believe are not using spirit nor are they marked. So Christians need a special power to do what other people can do without a special power.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
When someone does something because they are happy, they still are making a choice so your dichotomy doesn't apply.
The choice is powered by the person's will, but speaking in tongues is powered by spirit... undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
And those who don't believe are not using spirit nor are they marked. So Christians need a special power to do what other people can do without a special power.
It wouldn't be much of a mark if it occured the exact same way it did for everyone else out there now, would it? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The choice is powered by the person's will, but speaking in tongues is powered by spirit... undecided

So you have answered your own question. They magnified god while speaking in tongues because speaking in tongues makes you euphoric.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It wouldn't be much of a mark if it occured the exact same way it did for everyone else out there now, would it? undecided

Exactly. That's why I know speaking in tongues is not a special mark. Glad you can see that now.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
So you have answered your own question. They magnified god while speaking in tongues because speaking in tongues makes you euphoric.
So now you assume that while their tongues were under the control of spirit, the same tongue was simultaneously able to magnify God? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Exactly. That's why I know speaking in tongues is not a special mark. Glad you can see that now.
Well,your mind seems made up about that which you have no real experience of and there isn't much I can do about that. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So now you assume that while their tongues were under the control of spirit, the same tongue was simultaneously able to magnify God? undecided

Speaking in tongues is not powered by any spirit.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well,your mind seems made up about that which you have no real experience of and there isn't much I can do about that. undecided

I speak in tongues so I dunno what you mean by no real experience.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Speaking in tongues is not powered by any spirit.
As defined by Jesus Christ it is, since those who believe are born of spirit... undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Everyone speaks the same that you claim, but only those who believe can experience that which Jesus Christ described. undecided

I had two different experiences of it, and both times, it was nothing like spouting gibberish or speaking any learned language. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Everyone speaks the same that you claim, but only those who believe can experience that which Jesus Christ described. undecided

I had two different experiences of it, and both times, it was nothing like spouting gibberish or speaking any learned language. undecided
Kobojunkie:
As defined by Jesus Christ it is, since those who believe are born of spirit... undecided

Again you merely reiterating what I already said, Christians need a special power to do what others can do by themselves.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

Again you merely reiterating what I already said, Christians need a special power to do what others can do by themselves.
Nope! Christians already can do that which you can do but with the power of spirit, they do more. grin

I can spout gibberish all day long just like you but in addition to that, by the power of Spirit(not to be confused with Holy Spirit) i am also able to speak other languages which I am unlearned in. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nope! Christians already can do that which you can do but with the power of spirit, they do more. grin

I can spout gibberish all day long just like you but in addition to that, by the power of Spirit(not to be confused with Holy Spirit) i am also able to speak other languages which I am unlearned in. undecided

LMAO! Yet to see anybody actually do that, all I hear are stories.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
LMAO! Yet to see anybody actually do that, all I hear are stories.
You want those who have the true version(not speaking in gibberish) of the gift to advertise themselves for you to see it? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You want those who have the true version(not speaking in gibberish) of the gift to advertise themselves for you to see it? undecided

They don’t need to, others will do it for them.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
How? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

You make incantations, duh. Speaking in tongueS is as the name goes different tongues of other languages which is of course rare in the society and almost a lost gift. The other and more common type is in praying. This is communication with God. Except you are communicating with God(which you don't believe exists) or you are speaking in other human languages, you are not speaking in tongues as described in the Bible. You are making incantations like the usual prophets of Baal and other children of the devil. Sorry to burst your ugly bubble.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

And why would the Holy Spirit make you speak in other languages like Russian, Chinese and co to people who don't understand or to the air?
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How? undecided

Same way news of a miracle working pastor spreads.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Same way news of a miracle working pastor spreads.
Why? Of what point is it for them to advertise in much the same way as those who walk around speaking in gibberish? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? Of what point is it for them to advertise in much the same way as those who walk around speaking in gibberish? undecided

Those who believe are always looking for validation, for signs, for wonders, they won't pass up the chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Secret Exposed! Why Do Christ Embassy Pastors Perm Their Hair,like Pastor Chris! / Do You Believe In Angels? / When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.