Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Questions About Hell. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Hell. (9765 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
Has nothing to do with what you know that I believe, rather, its all to do with all and what the bible truthfully and correctly says

Not my concern.

We dont have need to do arguments because we demolish arguments with the presentation of facts, truth and reality.

I am selective who I share knowledge with, you were positioned for the blessing today. Proves, in spite, God still loves you

All thats been shared with you, the knowledge you've been exposed here on this thread will be presented, served and used as evidence against you on that day. Sure hope you have an Advocate to take your case on and fight your corner for you on the day.

LMFAO! Here come the subtle threats.
Re: Questions About Hell. by sonmvayina(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
budaatum:
I promise. I did not make it up.

I never implied you made it up.
My point was can it be applied to God?
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
Not my concern.
2 Timothy 2:15
'Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
'

No skin of my nose either. The truth is, its between them and God, who dont interpret the bible truthfully and correctly (i.e. )

LordReed:
! Here come the subtle threats.
Hebrews 9:27
'And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once and after this [comes certain] judgment,'

People die once, and after that they are judged, so not a matter of subtle threats, but of you losing touch with reality of facts

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

You are just repeating what you said before and so the answer remains the same. Favouring others while being a monster to others doesn't make you less a monster.

I would agree with you that God is a monster if He actually wanted people to go to hell.

If He wanted people to go there then why would He send His Son to die shamefully so people don't have to go there?

The scripture makes it clear that God doesn't want anybody to go there and it hurts Him badly to see people go there and suffer forever.
Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

I never implied you made it up.
My point was can it be applied to God?

Your point should be, can you apply it to your God, since your God is an image of yourself.

Or would you like to argue that humans do not create their gods?
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
2 Timothy 2:15
'Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
'

No skin of my nose either. The truth is, its between them and God, who dont interpret the bible truthfully and correctly (i.e. )

Hebrews 9:27
'And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once and after this [comes certain] judgment,'

People die once, and after that they are judged, so not a matter of subtle threats, but of you losing touch with reality of facts

When you can actually provide evidence of this I will take it seriously, till then bon vivant.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I would agree with you that God is a monster if He actually wanted people to go to hell.

If He wanted people to go there then why would He send His Son to die shamefully so people don't have to go there?

The scripture makes it clear that God doesn't want anybody to go there and it hurts Him badly to see people go there and suffer forever.

If he didn't want people to go there why did he make it and set the conditions that would get them there.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

The scripture makes it clear that God doesn't want anybody to go there and it hurts Him badly to see people go there and suffer forever
No wonder LordReed, says you've been making things up.
What name is the place that people go there and suffer forever, so called, please?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
When you can actually provide evidence of this I will take it seriously, till then bon vivant.
I would love to actually provide evidence of this, but then, of course, means you'll have to die if I should do

Time is not only patient, but time is a snitch too. Time will tell

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
I would love to actually provide evidence of this, but then, of course, means you'll have to die if I should do

Time is not only patient, but time is a snitch too. Time will tell

So basically no evidence.

Time has no meaning to the dead or at least the dead are silent.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
So basically no evidence
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence though

LordReed:
Time has no meaning to the dead or at least the dead are silent.
I am glad you know that the dead are silent in the land of the living

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence though

I am glad you know that the dead are silent in the land of the living

Absence of evidence means I have no means to verify what you say so cannot take you seriously.

Then why do I need to die first? Of what use will your evidence be when I am dead?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by sonmvayina(m): 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
budaatum:

Your point should be, can you apply it to your God, since your God is an image of yourself.

Or would you like to argue that humans do not create their gods?

You are depreciating..what is the problem?

Your wife or babe leave you?
Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

You are depreciating..what is the problem?

Your wife or babe leave you?

Is that what you do when you can't comprehend? Make stuff up and believe it? It does sound like what your definition of the religious do. They don't question so as to understand.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 7:36am On Oct 04, 2021
LordReed:
Absence of evidence means I have no means to verify what you say so cannot take you seriously.
You arent compelled to take Judgment Day seriously

LordReed:
Then why do I need to die first?
Beloved, that's the way the cookie crumbles

LordReed:
Of what use will your evidence be when I am dead?
You being dead is the only means of you having the evidence you hanker after. We're born alone. Die alone and answer alone on Judgment Day

At the moment, you're carnally minded, spiritually blind, and not spiritually connected so I pray that you wouldnt cross over before you get to know the absolute truth

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2021
BassReeves:
You arent compelled to take Judgment Day seriously

Beloved, that's the way the cookie crumbles

You being dead is the only means of you having the evidence you hanker after. We're born alone. Die alone and answer alone on Judgment Day

At the moment, you're carnally minded, spiritually blind, and not spiritually connected so I pray that you wouldnt cross over before you get to know the absolute truth

The unsupported claims you have no evidence for. No thanks, you can keep being afraid of Middle Eastern fairy tales, I have no need of such.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 10:26am On Oct 04, 2021
LordReed:
The unsupported claims you have no evidence for. No thanks, you can keep being afraid of Middle Eastern fairy tales, I have no need of such.
Are you disputing that you would be made to give account of how well you lived your life on earth?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2021
BassReeves:
Are you disputing that you would be made to give account of how well you lived your life on earth?

There is no evidence of such so as far as I am concerned it's a figment of the imagination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2021
LordReed:
There is no evidence of such so as far as I am concerned it's a figment of the imagination.
If it's a figment of the imagination, then share with me what the purpose of life on earth is

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2021
BassReeves:
If it's a figment of the imagination, then shared with me what the purpose of life on earth is

There is no overarching purpose of life. Purpose and meaning are functions of individual minds with higher cognitive faculties. It is not external to an individual mind, instead it is established by each individual mind.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
BassReeves:
No wonder LordReed, says you've been making things up.
What name is the place that people go there and suffer forever, so called, please?

https://www.nairaland.com/6711638/very-false-christian-belief-afterlife
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
LordReed:

If he didn't want people to go there why did he make it and set the conditions that would get them there.

Gen 6:5 Now the LORD observed the extent of the people's wickedness, and he saw that all their thoughts were consistently and totally evil.
Gen 6:6 So the LORD was sorry he had ever made them. It broke his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, "I will completely wipe out this human race that I have created. Yes, and I will destroy all the animals and birds, too. I am sorry I ever made them."

Mat 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, `Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

1Ti 2:3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Ti 2:4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

God didn't set the conditions that would take people to hell. Sin is the only condition that qualifies people for hell. God did not introduce sin into the world, man did. If you want someone to blame for the way the world is today, blame Adam and Eve.

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Gen 6:5 Now the LORD observed the extent of the people's wickedness, and he saw that all their thoughts were consistently and totally evil.
Gen 6:6 So the LORD was sorry he had ever made them. It broke his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, "I will completely wipe out this human race that I have created. Yes, and I will destroy all the animals and birds, too. I am sorry I ever made them."

Mat 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, `Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

1Ti 2:3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Ti 2:4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Who determined what would be regarded as sin if not the god.

God didn't set the conditions that would take people to hell. Sin is the only condition that qualifies people for hell. God did not introduce sin into the world, man did. If you want someone to blame for the way the world is today, blame Adam and Eve.

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

It was your god who determined what would be classed as sin.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 2:53am On Oct 05, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
[s]https://www.nairaland.com/6711638/very-false-christian-belief-afterlife[/s]
Please don't sign post me anywhere, instead, please have the kind and simple courtesy to answer my request, when and where, I typed, saying:
'No wonder LordReed, says you've been making things up' and then asked you the specific, easy, simple, direct, innocent, straight to the point question:
What name is the place that people go there and suffer forever, so called, please?'

If you're sure and know anything about the place that people go there and suffer forever, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to give and say what the name of the place that people go there and suffer forever, is.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 3:31am On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:
There is no overarching purpose of life.
On the contrary, as I beg to differ and advance that, there is an overarching purpose of life

LordReed:
Purpose and meaning are functions of individual minds with higher cognitive faculties. It is not external to an individual mind, instead it is established by each individual mind.
Joshua 1:8
'This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth,
but you shall meditate in it day and night,
that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it.
For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
'

Concerning the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success.

It'll interest you to know that, success is controlled and determined by how bad or good a person cares for it, hence when success is looked at in this light, it's said, success is dualistic or binary and leads me to propose that, we are here on earth, to make a good success or bad success of ourselves

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 6:21am On Oct 05, 2021
BassReeves:
On the contrary, as I beg to differ and advance that, there is an overarching purpose of life

Joshua 1:8
'This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth,
but you shall meditate in it day and night,
that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it.
For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
'

Concerning the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success.

It'll interest you to know that, success is controlled and determined by how bad or good a person cares for it, hence when success is looked at in this light, it's said, success is dualistic or binary and leads me to propose that, we are here on earth, to make a good success or bad success of ourselves

Explain how this applies to single celled organisms.
Re: Questions About Hell. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2021
The Author of the Bible in general is Jehovah {2Timothy 3:16} but the book of Revelation was received by a spirit son of God (Jesus) who now put it in his own words and passed it through an angel to Apostle John. Revelations 1:1
Initially it has been prophesied that Jesus will speak in parables {Psalms 78:2 compare to Matthew 13:34-35} that's what Daniel revealed about Archangel Michael (Jesus Christ) when he said this Saviour will stand-up for the SALVATION of God's people he will resurrect many from the death {Daniel 12:1-2; John 5:28-29; 1Thessalonians 4:16} but only the righteous will grasp what he is saying, wicked people will not understand his words! Daniel 12:10

Perhaps you have forgotten how Apostle John introduced this book, so let me quote him using the KJV:

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly, come to pass; and he sent and SIGNIFIED it by his angel unto his servant John: Revelations 1:1

Compare to New World Translation

A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in SIGNS through him to his slave John

So you can't understand those PARABLES by reading it word for word because it's not to be taken literally! smiley

The lake of fire SIGNIFIES complete annihilation of Satan, demons and all wicked people. Not a place where God will keep them alive tormenting as in roasting them alive in fire! Jeremiah 7:31

May you have PEACE! smiley

Hismasterpiece:

Rev 14:9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
Rev 14:10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

What about this scripture above sounds like symbols to you? It clearly states that those who worship the beast shall be tormented with fire and brimstone and the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever. Are you going to tell me that the words 'torment' and 'smoke' are symbols too?

Rev 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The lake of fire is an actual place where people, fallen angels and demons will be tormented forever and ever. The Scriptures couldn't be any more clearer.

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:
Explain how this applies to single celled organisms.
Single celled organisms are behaving, as per their design and existing in line with their function(s).

We, as human beings, are designed and saddled with higher forms of responsibilities than single celled organisms' do and/or have.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Single celled organisms are behaving, as per their design and existing in line with their function(s).

We, as human beings, are designed and saddled with higher forms of responsibilities than single celled organisms' do and/or have.

This doesn't answer my question. How is a single celled organism choosing good or bad success?
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:

It was your god who determined what would be classed as sin.

Of course. Who else, every new lawmaker?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Image123:

Of course. Who else, every new lawmaker?

Well he was saying it wasn't the god.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:
This doesn't answer my question.
It because of one word, conscience, does answer your question.

LordReed:
How is a single celled organism choosing good or bad success?
Single celled organism(s) dont have conscience but you do, albeit you have a seared one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Secret Exposed! Why Do Christ Embassy Pastors Perm Their Hair,like Pastor Chris! / Do You Believe In Angels? / When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.