Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Questions About Hell. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Hell. (9743 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
BassReeves:
It because of one word, conscience, does answer your question.

Single celled organism(s) dont have conscience but you do, albeit you have a seared one

You asked purpose of life, single celled organisms have life, now you are saying it needs to have conscience. Your question was not "what is the purpose of conscience."
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:

Well he was saying it wasn't the god.

Oh, thought he said "Who determined what would be regarded as sin if not the god."
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Please don't sign post me anywhere, instead, please have the kind and simple courtesy to answer my request, when and where, I typed, saying:
'No wonder LordReed, says you've been making things up' and then asked you the specific, easy, simple, direct, innocent, straight to the point question:
What name is the place that people go there and suffer forever, so called, please?'

If you're sure and know anything about the place that people go there and suffer forever, then it shouldn't be difficult for you to give and say what the name of the place that people go there and suffer forever, is.

The name of the place is hell
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:

It was your god who determined what would be classed as sin.

Yes He did, but He didn't introduce it into the world, man did. So He isn't to blame for sin.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
The name of the place is hell
Revelation 20:14 KJV
'13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;
and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:
and they were judged every man according to their works.
14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death.
'

Revelation 20:14
'13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and death and Hades (the realm of the dead) surrendered the dead who were in them;
and they were judged and sentenced, every one according to their deeds.
14Then death and Hades [the realm of the dead] were thrown into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, the lake of fire [the eternal separation from God].
'

Matthew 10:28
'And you shall not be afraid of those who kill the body that are not able to kill the soul;
rather be afraid of Him who can destroy soul and body in Gehenna.”
'

Thank you beloved, but in light of the above two scriptures, are you still of the opinion that people go somewhere to suffer forever?
Do you really think the soul is incombustible?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
LordReed:
You asked purpose of life,
The question about what is the purpose of life was asked in relation and exclusively to human being.

LordReed:
single celled organisms have life, now you are saying it needs to have conscience.
It was you introducing something different and external to human being in trying to make the discussion be about life forms (i.e. ingle celled organisms)

LordReed:
Your question was not "what is the purpose of conscience."
Life forms, like single celled organisms, for example, are behaving, as per their design and existing in line with their function(s).

The question you fumbled at answering was whats the purpose of life

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
BassReeves:
The question about what is the purpose of life was asked in relation and exclusively to human being.

It was you introducing something different and external to human being in trying to make the discussion be about life forms (i.e. ingle celled organisms)

Life forms, like single celled organisms, for example, are behaving, as per their design and existing in line with their function(s).

The question you fumbled at answering was whats the purpose of life

Then you should have made it clear you were only talking of human beings. In any case my answer still stands, purpose is not external to the mind, it is always established by the individual mind.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 12:18am On Oct 06, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Yes He did, but He didn't introduce it into the world, man did. So He isn't to blame for sin.
I didn't he introduced it, I said he set the conditions for what would be considered sin. As for blame some will put it squarely at his feet; he created beings capable of sinning and then put them in conditions that gave them opportunity to do so knowing full well that they would indeed sin. If a leader has foresight of danger and fails to remedy it who should receive the blame?
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 5:00am On Oct 06, 2021
LordReed:
Then you should have made it clear you were only talking of human beings.
Our discourse is about human beings, its you who going on a tangent

LordReed:
In any case my answer still stands, purpose is not external to the mind, it is always established by the individual mind.
Thank you for returning back to focus

I concur that purpose is not external to the mind and that it is always established by the individual mind. You even reinforced my point and re-state my point that about the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success.

Success is controlled and determined in the mind by how bad or good, a person cares for success, hence when success is looked at, in this light, it's said, success is dualistic or binary and leads me to propose that, we are, here on earth, to make a good success or bad success of ourselves. Yes, success, is always established by the individual mind.

Just to clear this for all of us, human beings are tripartite, meaning we're made up of a body, soul and spirit. Our spirit has the faculties of Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, which individually or collectively are used guiding us in how to make good or bad success(es) of our life existence on earth

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2021
BassReeves:
Our discourse is about human beings, its you who going on a tangent

Thank you for returning back to focus

I concur that purpose is not external to the mind and that it is always established by the individual mind. You even reinforced my point and re-state my point that about the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success.

Success is controlled and determined in the mind by how bad or good, a person cares for success, hence when success is looked at, in this light, it's said, success is dualistic or binary and leads me to propose that, we are, here on earth, to make a good success or bad success of ourselves. Yes, success, is always established by the individual mind.

Just to clear this for all of us, human beings are tripartite, meaning we're made up of a body, soul and spirit. Our spirit has the faculties of Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, which individually or collectively are used guiding us in how to make good or bad success(es) of our life existence on earth

What do you mean by success and what is good or bad success?
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2021
LordReed:
What do you mean by success ...
Success is the achieving and/or accomplishment of an intent, aim, plan, goal, design, desire, ambition, objective or purpose

LordReed:
... and what is good or bad success?
Good success, is when one, achieves an intention, aim, plan, goal, design, desire, ambition, objective or purpose, in a way, that is, alright, high standard, pleasing, welcome, desired, acceptable or approved of

Bad success, is when one, achieves an intention, aim, plan, goal, design, desire, ambition, objective or purpose, in a way, that is not alright, not high standard, not pleasing, not welcome, not desired, not acceptable or not approved of
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
BassReeves:
Success is the achieving and/or accomplishment of an intent, aim, plan, goal, design, desire, ambition, objective or purpose

Good success, is when one, achieves an intention, aim, plan, goal, design, desire, ambition, objective or purpose, in a way, that is, alright, high standard, pleasing, welcome, desired, acceptable or approved of

Bad success, is when one, achieves an intention, aim, plan, goal, design, desire, ambition, objective or purpose, in a way, that is not alright, not high standard, not pleasing, not welcome, not desired, not acceptable or not approved of

Sounds like survival by another name. If I am correct and it is synonymous, I could accept it only because its a biological imperative not a conscious one.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
BassReeves:
Revelation 20:14 KJV
'13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;
and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:
and they were judged every man according to their works.
14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death.
'

Revelation 20:14
'13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and death and Hades (the realm of the dead) surrendered the dead who were in them;
and they were judged and sentenced, every one according to their deeds.
14Then death and Hades [the realm of the dead] were thrown into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, the lake of fire [the eternal separation from God].
'

Matthew 10:28
'And you shall not be afraid of those who kill the body that are not able to kill the soul;
rather be afraid of Him who can destroy soul and body in Gehenna.”
'

Thank you beloved, but in light of the above two scriptures, are you still of the opinion that people go somewhere to suffer forever?
Do you really think the soul is incombustible?

Read the story of the rich man and lazarus. I'll only post a portion of it here.

Luk 16:23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
Luk 16:25 "But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

Jesus vividly illustrates that our spirits go somewhere when they leave our bodies.

Also, you quoted from revelations but you conveniently left out this part:

Rev 14:11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Rev_19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev_20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev_20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The spirit is eternal. Spirits don't die. God made hell for the devil and his angels and angels are spirits who can't die. Humans are spirits and spirits don't die.

Believers go to be with the Lord when they die. (see 2 Cor 5:cool. And unbelievers go to hell when they die.

The lake of fire is an actual place where people are tormented forever. The Scriptures which i posted above have made that fact very clear.

As i told you before visit my earlier post for more clarification. https://www.nairaland.com/6711638/very-false-christian-belief-afterlife.

God bless.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
LordReed:

I didn't he introduced it, I said he set the conditions for what would be considered sin. As for blame some will put it squarely at his feet; he created beings capable of sinning and then put them in conditions that gave them opportunity to do so knowing full well that they would indeed sin. If a leader has foresight of danger and fails to remedy it who should receive the blame?

God created beings capable of sinning, yes. But don't forget that He created them capable of doing good too.

God determines what is sin, yes, and why wouldn't He? What parent doen't give rules to their children to follow?

God put them in a condition that gave them the opportunity, yes. But He warned them not to do it and even told them of the consequences of doing it. The devil told them to do it, so God is not the enemy, the devil is. Besides, that is the beauty of freewill. Freewill is not really freewill unless the person given freewill can use his freewill against the one who gave it to him.

Remember God gave Adam dominion over the earth.... He literally made Him the god of this world. And with Adam being in charge of this world, it only makes sense that God would give him the freewill to choose how the world He gave him to rule over will be.

God is not like man. He doesn't make robots. When man makes something he makes it to do a particular thing and if it doesn't do it, he throws it away. But God is not like that. Although God has made all men accountable to Him, He has given all the freewill to choose what course their lives will take.

God did know that Adam and Eve would indeed sin. He already knew that and acted ahead of them. The Bible says that Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world, meaning that God already knew there would be a problem and made a solution.

He knew that they would sin and reject Him, but still, that's the beauty of freewill. They could choose to obey or disobey but whichever choice they made, the consequences would be theirs to bear.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 6:02am On Oct 07, 2021
LordReed:
Sounds like survival by another name.
3 John 1:2
'Beloved, I pray that in every way you may succeed and prosper and be in good health [physically],
just as [I know] your soul prospers [spiritually].
'

Success to you might sound like survival, but success and survival have different and distinct meanings. Misunderstanding of these two definitions sometimes leads to them being misused for each, as just like you're doing here Misunderstanding leads

LordReed:
If I am correct and it is synonymous, I could accept it only because its a biological imperative not a conscious one.
Succees is not just only a biological imperative, it is a conscious choice too.

It involves a conscious decision to succeed. Success, whether good success or bad success, success is a choice and it has to be intentional. For example a drug addict robbing a passenger off his/her money, achieves a bad success, because the money was obtained in a way not approved off. On the other hand, a philanthropist donating to a good cause, achieves good success in an approved way

The difference between success and survival, is that the latter is natural, but the former, isnt natural. Meaning that the urge to survive is natural, while the urge to success isnt.

Let me, right now, I ask you, this question. If you're going to have to choose. What would you choose between success versus survival?
Are you going to choose, just to survive or are you going choose to succeed? You see, success and survival arent the same.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 6:15am On Oct 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
Read the story of the rich man and lazarus. I'll only post a portion of it here.

Luk 16:23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
Luk 16:25 "But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

Jesus vividly illustrates that our spirits go somewhere when they leave our bodies.

Also, you quoted from revelations but you conveniently left out this part:

Rev 14:11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Rev_19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev_20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev_20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The spirit is eternal. Spirits don't die. God made hell for the devil and his angels and angels are spirits who can't die. Humans are spirits and spirits don't die.

Believers go to be with the Lord when they die. (see 2 Cor 5:cool. And unbelievers go to hell when they die.

The lake of fire is an actual place where people are tormented forever. The Scriptures which i posted above have made that fact very clear.

As i told you before visit my earlier post for more clarification. https://www.nairaland.com/6711638/very-false-christian-belief-afterlife.

God bless.
You are mixing up hell aka hades aka Sheol aka realm of the dead with the Lake of Fire

Consider this, death, is not a physical but it will cease to exist because it will along with souls be destroyed when figuratively thrown into a physical Lake of Fire

Now if anything, like souls and death are destroyed, how possible or capable are souls and death able to suffer forever when they already have been brought to the end of their existence by burning in Lake of Fire?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:
3 John 1:2
'Beloved, I pray that in every way you may succeed and prosper and be in good health [physically],
just as [I know] your soul prospers [spiritually].
'

Success to you might sound like survival, but success and survival have different and distinct meanings. Misunderstanding of these two definitions sometimes leads to them being misused for each, as just like you're doing here Misunderstanding leads

Succees is not just only a biological imperative, it is a conscious choice too.

It involves a conscious decision to succeed. Success, whether good success or bad success, success is a choice and it has to be intentional. For example a drug addict robbing a passenger off his/her money, achieves a bad success, because the money was obtained in a way not approved off. On the other hand, a philanthropist donating to a good cause, achieves good success in an approved way

The difference between success and survival, is that the latter is natural, but the former, isnt natural. Meaning that the urge to survive is natural, while the urge to success isnt.

Let me, right now, I ask you, this question. If you're going to have to choose. What would you choose between success versus survival?
Are you going to choose, just to survive or are you going choose to succeed? You see, success and survival arent the same.

If it is merely choice then it is not a purpose. Purpose is a goal, success is the description we give to the achieving of the goal. You can't describe anything as successful if a goal is not defined.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
LordReed:
If it is merely choice then it is not a purpose. Purpose is a goal, success is the description we give to the achieving of the goal. You can't describe anything as successful if a goal is not defined.
The goal of the a drug addict was to rob someone off his/her money. Now if the drug addict achieves doing just that, then that is a bad success, because the money was successfully obtained in a way that is not approved off.

On the other hand, the goal of a philanthropist is to donate to help other people. Now if the philanthropist achieves doing just that, then the achievement is seen as a good success, because the philanthropy was successfully measured out in an approved way.

It takes me back to saying, again that, success is dualistic or binary, its either good success or bad success. Success, in reality, is a function of Purpose

So I re-ask again:
1. What is your purpose as a human being, existing and living on earth?
2. Are you fulfilling your purpose in life?
3. How much of a success have you made of your life? Is it good success or bad success?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:
The goal of the a drug addict was to rob someone off his/her money. Now if the drug addict achieves doing just that, then that is a bad success, because the money was successfully obtained in a way that is not approved off.

On the other hand, the goal of a philanthropist is to donate to help other people. Now if the philanthropist achieves doing just that, then the achievement is seen as a good success, because the philanthropy was successfully measured out in an approved way.

It takes me back to saying, again that, success is dualistic or binary, its either good success or bad success. Success, in reality, is a function of Purpose

So I re-ask again:
3. How much of a success have you made of your life? Is it good success or bad success?

So we are in agreement success is not purpose.

1. I have many purposes, some I have articulated and achieved, some are articulated and not yet achieved, some others are yet to be articulated or achieved. An example I have articulated and achieved are to finish university, get married and to have a family. Also I have purposes that are cyclical everyday type of things like I purpose to wake up early in the morning to get myself and my children ready for the day.

2. Yes I am fulfilling my purposes.

3. I am succeeding, may be not as much as I want but recording victories here and there. Well I would call it good success as I am at peace and looking forward to achieving more.

Can I have your own response to these questions.
Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:
The goal of the a drug addict was to rob someone off his/her money.

So the drug addict's goal is not the drugs, it's thr money?

Seriously, Bass!? Will the drug addict ingest the money?

If you managed a football team would you be measured by the corners and dribbles of your team and not the goals your team could not be bothered to score?
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
LordReed:
So we are in agreement success is not purpose.
I reiterate that the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success. Now if like I earlier said that success, in reality, is a function of purpose, then no way can success be purpose

LordReed:
1. I have many purposes, some I have articulated and achieved, some are articulated and not yet achieved, some others are yet to be articulated or achieved. An example I have articulated and achieved are to finish university, get married and to have a family. Also I have purposes that are cyclical everyday type of things like I purpose to wake up early in the morning to get myself and my children ready for the day.
I am aware of all this your listed secondary purpose(s), but I am more interested in you share what as a human being is your comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose

LordReed:
2. Yes I am fulfilling my purposes.
You sure you are fulling your comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose?

LordReed:
3. I am succeeding, may be not as much as I want but recording victories here and there. Well I would call it good success as I am at peace and looking forward to achieving more.
All I wanted was one out of a binary answer (i.e. in relation the comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose whether its a bad success or good success)

LordReed:
Can I have your own response to these questions.
Though its still your turn giving answers, I'll oblige you

My purpose as a human being, existing and living on earth, is to become every plan God know about me

I am thriving in fulfilling my purpose in life, I am a building site, I am an unfinished project that is still being added to or developed.

Without coming across as being conceited, I would say, by the grace of God, its good success,

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
budaatum:
So the drug addict's goal is not the drugs, it's thr money?

Seriously, Bass!? Will the drug addict ingest the money?
budaatum beloved, the goal of the drug addict for robbing is to get money to use to buy drugs to feed his/her drug addiction.

We were talking in context of a robbery there. The prospect of obtaining money was enough motivation for the drug addict, to set mugging someone else, as a goal.

The victim doesnt have drugs, but has money, so the goal for robbing the victim is for money, and not drugs. The robber would say:
'Give me your money', not 'give me your drugs'

budaatum:
If you managed a football team would you be measured by the corners and dribbles of your team and not the goals your team could not be bothered to score?
The comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose of playing football is to put the ball through the opposite team's goal post

Playing the ball into corners and dribbling are part of a set of different secondary goals, tactics, manoeuvres etc carried out to get advantage towards achieving the comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose of putting the ball through the opposite team's goal post

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:
I reiterate that the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success. Now if like I earlier said that success, in reality, is a function of purpose, then no way can success be purpose

This is a contradiction how can the overarching purpose be success if success is not purpose? Overarching means ultimate so how can success be the ultimate purpose? It's like asking me what is your ultimate success, that is an incoherent question?

I am aware of all this your listed secondary purpose(s), but I am more interested in you share what as a human being is your comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose

You sure you are fulling your comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose?

All I wanted was one out of a binary answer (i.e. in relation the comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose whether its a bad success or good success)

I don't have an overarching purpose neither do I believe there is one.

Though its still your turn giving answers, I'll oblige you

My purpose as a human being, existing and living on earth, is to become every plan God know about me

And how do you know these plans? Can you give an example of these plans.

I am thriving in fulfilling my purpose in life, I am a building site, I am an unfinished project that is still being added to or developed.

Without coming across as being conceited, I would say, by the grace of God, its good success,

Can you show how you have made a success of the aforementioned plans?
Re: Questions About Hell. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
LordReed:

This is a contradiction how can the overarching purpose be success if success is not purpose? Overarching means ultimate so how can success be the ultimate purpose? It's like asking me what is your ultimate success, that is an incoherent question?

I don't have an overarching purpose neither do I believe there is one

Hello

I sent you an email.
Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:
budaatum beloved, the goal of the drug addict for robbing is to get money to use to buy drugs to feed his/her drug addiction.

We were talking in context of a robbery there. The prospect of obtaining money was enough motivation for the drug addict, to set mugging someone else, as a goal.

The victim doesnt have drugs, but has money, so the goal for robbing the victim is for money, and not drugs. The robber would say:
'Give me your money', not 'give me your drugs'

The comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose of playing football is to put the ball through the opposite team's goal post

Playing the ball into corners and dribbling are part of a set of different secondary goals, tactics, manoeuvres etc carried out to get advantage towards achieving the comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose of putting the ball through the opposite team's goal post

The comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose of the drug addict is to put the needle into its veins and get high.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
LordReed:
This is a contradiction how can the overarching purpose be success if success is not purpose?
I never said that the overarching purpose be success, but what I wrote was:
'about the overarching purpose of life, one word, that springs to mind, is success'

Success is a function of purpose. Success isnt purpose itself

LordReed:
Overarching means ultimate
Exactly. So whats the 100% purpose in life?

LordReed:
so how can success be the ultimate purpose?
I never said success is the ultimate purpose

LordReed:
It's like asking me what is your ultimate success, that is an incoherent question?
It isnt incoherent though you find it being incoherent

LordReed:
I don't have an overarching purpose neither do I believe there is one.
I am not surprised that you are in dark of you as a human being having an overarching purpose and neither not surprised, you dont believe there is an overarching purpose

LordReed:
Yes I easily can give an example of these plans
1. plan to prosper me and not to harm me,
2. plan to give me a future, hope and an expected good ending

LordReed:
Yes, I easily can show how I've made a success of the aforementioned plans.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
budaatum:
The comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose of the drug addict is to put the needle into its veins and get high.
Relative to the bigger picture, the goal of putting the needle into the drug addicts's veins and get high, is a skewed comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:
Relative to the bigger picture, the goal of putting the needle into the drug addicts's veins and get high, is a skewed comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose.

Bass, did you try this wuruwuru on yourself before trying on buda? And if it worked would you agree that buda is brainless?

See you paint a skewed goal for the drug addict but not for the footballer.

BassReeves:

Explain how the goal of the drug addict is skewed please, and show how skewing diminishes it as the drug addict's comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
BassReeves:

Exactly. So whats the 100% purpose in life?

Whatever you make it to be.

I am not surprised that you are in dark of you as a human being having an overarching purpose and neither not surprised, you dont believe there is an overarching purpose

This is irrelevant. What is relevant is what you can demonstrate to be true.

Yes I easily can give an example of these plans
1. plan to prosper me and not to harm me,
2. plan to give me a future, hope and an expected good ending

Sounds very generic. Your god must lack imagination.

Yes, I easily can show how I've made a success of the aforementioned plans.

Go ahead and show it.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

God created beings capable of sinning, yes. But don't forget that He created them capable of doing good too.

God determines what is sin, yes, and why wouldn't He? What parent doen't give rules to their children to follow?

God put them in a condition that gave them the opportunity, yes. But He warned them not to do it and even told them of the consequences of doing it. The devil told them to do it, so God is not the enemy, the devil is. Besides, that is the beauty of freewill. Freewill is not really freewill unless the person given freewill can use his freewill against the one who gave it to him.

Remember God gave Adam dominion over the earth.... He literally made Him the god of this world. And with Adam being in charge of this world, it only makes sense that God would give him the freewill to choose how the world He gave him to rule over will be.

God is not like man. He doesn't make robots. When man makes something he makes it to do a particular thing and if it doesn't do it, he throws it away. But God is not like that. Although God has made all men accountable to Him, He has given all the freewill to choose what course their lives will take.

God did know that Adam and Eve would indeed sin. He already knew that and acted ahead of them. The Bible says that Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world, meaning that God already knew there would be a problem and made a solution.

He knew that they would sin and reject Him, but still, that's the beauty of freewill. They could choose to obey or disobey but whichever choice they made, the consequences would be theirs to bear.

LoL! I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 1:19am On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
Remember God gave Adam dominion over the earth.... ....

Remember? Or do you mean, allow our brain to be washed by you?

I beg your pardon. In which book did you read that God gave naked ignorant enslaved Adam "dominion over the earth"?

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 5:15am On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:
Bass, did you try this wuruwuru on yourself before trying on buda? And if it worked would you agree that buda is brainless?
Dont take anything I type personal. What 'wuruwuru' are you talking of.

The brain is an exercisable muscle I know you as a human being have, so I would never think and/or agree that budaatum is brainless or brain dead

budaatum:
See you paint a skewed goal for the drug addict but not for the footballer.
Obtaining money with threat of inflicting harm, if the victim doesnt 'co-operate' is a skewed goal

You introduced a football and said: 'If you managed a football team would you be measured by the corners and dribbles of your team and not the goals your team could not be bothered to score?' at which, my response is, there isnt anything skewed in fairly playing the ball into corners and dribbling or doing any of that within the football rules

budaatum:
Explain how the goal of the drug addict is skewed please, and show how skewing diminishes it as the drug addict's comprehensive or all-embracing single purpose.
Obtaining money with means of threat to inflicting harm, if the victim doesnt 'co-operate' is not a behaviour to applaud. The drug addict is dysfunctional

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Tithe Really Means / Is Picking Fruits In Dream Really A Sign Of Good Omen? / How Do People Become Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.