Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell (6554 Views)

⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell / Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BRATISLAVA: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again No, a tongue is a language, and humans almost have built-in sensors to detect language from gibberish... undecided

God is indeed omniscient but He gave us too knowledge. undecided

There is no such thing as Christian feminism. In the Kingdom of God, there are no male or female, black or white, hausa or Ibo, Mexican or American, old or young, rich or poor... there is only one ..children of God and Jesus Christ is Head over each one of them. . undecided

Uh huh.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BRATISLAVA: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
My dear most of the things that God has, devil has the lookalike of it. We saw it in the Bible how Moses threw his rod and it became a snake, and the magicians/soccerers also threw their road and it became snake. However in the end, Mosese's snake swallowed all the magicians snakes. We have demonic tongues, just as we have satanic miracles. So for one to speak in tongues is not enough to conclude that it is of God, that's why Bible said tests all spirits. As for the pastor who did such, no one can tell if he's genuine of not. He might be genuine or fake. If he's genuine it's not surprising, because Bible has warned them to "put on the whole armour of God, so as to be able to overcome temptations", they were also warned to flee fornication.

You have a point about not concluding on the nature of the tongues. We are to test the spirits, but some of these people, only God knows who they truly are.

I was told the pastor is married and attends one of those hardcore deeper Christian Life ministry sort of churches. Yet he spoke in tongues and while doing so began his sexual molestation. We have a lot of wicked and fake pastors.

Today she's an atheist after the experience with the pastor.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It's hardly funny when you hear the end result. The person became an atheist immediately afterwards. And the pastor will carry on as if nothing happened.

Why is it that God doesn't strike such a pastorwho makes a mockery of the holy Spirit by such blatant, evil use of tongues?

It's because God is patient and merciful, otherwise none of us would have survived His wrath, including the righteous.

What the man did was very wrong and should be condemned no doubt. However let's not get ahead of ourselves, because everyone need God's mercy.

"Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy." Matthew 5:7
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What it likely means is you once believed. And once you are in, there is no way out - there is no exit gate out of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14undecided

I spoke before I believed or at least before I knew what that meant anyway.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
LordReed:
I spoke before I believed or at least before I knew what that meant anyway.
According to what is written of it in Mark 16 vs 17 - 18 , it is given as a sign that one believes. So, you don't have to first know of it before you are marked. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
Too bad, I understand you.
BRATISLAVA:

You have a point about not concluding on the nature of the tongues. We are to test the spirits, but some of these people, only God knows who they truly are.

I was told the pastor is married and attends one of those hardcore deeper Christian Life ministry sort of churches. Yet he spoke in tongues and while doing so began his sexual molestation. We have a lot of wicked and fake pastors.

Today she's an atheist after the experience with the pastor.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
Funny, my denomination call them pastors, apostles, etc, I do not know how you people call them o. Are you a JW? 'm just curious. You can only tell me if you wish.
Kobojunkie:
There are no "genuine" pastors since no one who belongs to God will sit as Pastor,God's own seat, over anyone who belongs to His flock.. those who believe in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Funny, my denomination call them pastors, apostles, etc, I do not know how you people call them o. Are you a JW? 'm just curious. You can only tell me if you wish.
I don't belong to any of group defined by men nor their denominations and kingdoms .... I am a follower of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, anyone who sits above anyone who belongs to Him is against Him. So regardless of what titles they give themselves, anyone who usurps Jesus Christ or God's role over His own, is against God and hence cannot be of Him. undecided

Jesus Christ said, "By their fruits, you shall know them..", hinting at the fact that that who belong to Him are those who do as He tells them - they live in continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments. Whereas those with their mouths claim to believe in Him but their actions deny them. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BRATISLAVA: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's because God is patient and merciful, otherwise none of us would have survived His wrath, including the righteous.

What the man did was very wrong and should be condemned no doubt. However let's not get ahead of ourselves, because everyone need God's mercy.

"Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy." Matthew 5:7

But must they commit iniquity so grace may abound? To whom much is given, much is expected.

Why do they always hide behind mercy to commit evil? So now that person is an atheist, what use is the mercy on him when he caused a soul to be lost through such an evil act? Speaking in tongues. When I heard that story I was sure that most tongues are fake.

Every believer shouldn't speak in tongues. Otherwise who is testing whose spirits? If she could understand what he was saying she would've known he was fake and left.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Even Jesus had disciples. Disciples whom he sent around to do his works, in biblical era we had prophets, bishops, etc. Ist. Tim 3:2 gives us an idea of the characteristics of a bishop, deacon, church head, meaning that such roles were in existence in biblical era. I can only wish that God reveals all truths to you, because I see you supports all sorts of things, I think I saw you say that homosexuality is not sin, or LGBT, I can't remember exactly. There is more that you need to learn, either God will reveal it to you personally, that's if you give the holy spirit a chance, or you join a true Bible believing church, I'm done o.
Kobojunkie:
I don't belong to any of group defined by men nor their denominations and kingdoms .... I am a follower of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, anyone who sits above anyone who belongs to Him is against Him. So regardless of what titles they give themselves, anyone who usurps Jesus Christ or God's role over His own, is against God and hence cannot be of Him. undecided

Jesus Christ said, "By their fruits, you shall know them..", hinting at the fact that that who belong to Him are those who do as He tells them - they live in continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments. Whereas those with their mouths claim to believe in Him but their actions deny them. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Even Jesus had disciples. Disciples whom he sent around to do his works, in biblical era we had prophets, bishops, etc. Ist. Tim 3:2 gives us an idea of the characteristics of a bishop, deacon, church head, meaning that such roles were in existence in biblical era. I can only wish that God reveals all truths to you, because I see you supports all sorts of things, I think I saw you say that homosexuality is not sin, or LGBT, I can't remember exactly. There is more that you need to learn, either God will reveal it to you personally, that's if you give the holy spirit a chance, or you join a true Bible believing church, I'm done o.

Sister the guy is deceived. He doesn't understand scripture
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
judemurphy:
Please, I have a question bothering my mind for a long time now,does speaking in tongues guarantee you a place in heaven or you can be speaking in tongues and still go to hell

Speaking in tongues is even small sef... Do you know that you can cast out demons and still end up in hell? You can prophesy and still end up in hell? You can work wonders and still end up in hell?

Judas iscariot is a perfect example. He did all those things and today where is he?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Jesus Christ is the King and God over those in the Kingdom of God and we are all called to be His servants.... equal to each other in His Kingdom, and He made it clear that none of who belongs to Him can serve another master. undecided

You mentioned biblical era, but you left out the part that that was also the era during which the power of Jesus Christ started to decline as men began introducing their own truths(lies) into the teachings of God. And so, before even the first century came to an end, it seemed the power of God disappeared from the world. undecided

We are called to do as He tells us to do, not as men tel us instead. Please ruminate on this for as long as it will take for the message to sink it, and the maybe you will realize why the Christian world of today does not in any way or form represent or even resemble Jesus Christ. undecided

As for things like LGBT, Homosexuality, sin.. well, sin is disobedience of God's direct comandments and teachings to us - that with Jesus Christ says and represents - It is not arbitrarily defined. No man has authority to decide what is sin or not for any man - only God has that power and authority and He did that for us in His Law - Jesus Christ, and God's Law is God over those who live by Him. undecided

So, where Jesus Christ did not declare LGBTQ, homosexuality as sins... anyone who declares them so is against God since it is a sin to add to God's Law. undecided

You can't know the Truth of God without first knowing His Law, Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Truth - it is impossible. And to know Him means live in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. There are about 60- something commandments in this Law which governs the lives of those who are in the Kingdom of God - good and bad alike! undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
LordReed:

It is not any sort of gift. I'm an atheist and I can speak in tongues. I and my siblings spoke in tongues to ourselves when we were children. Glossolalia or speaking in tongues is not exclusive to Christians.

I really don't think you understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues.

Going by what the Bible teaches, tongues is something exclusive only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christians.

I think i understand where your confusion comes from.

The word 'Tongues'.

Tongues is not a common phrase that people use today. When you speak Yoruba, for instance, if a foreigner is standing alongside you does he say, ' what tongue are you speaking'? No. He says, 'what language are you speaking'.

Most Bible translations use the word 'tongues' when referring to this phenomenon, but the tlv (Tree of Life) version uses the word 'language', which is actually a very accurate translation.

Mar 16:17  These signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak new languages

It is a language.

But going by human logic, you have to learn a language to be able to speak it right? But this language is not spoken out of understanding, but rather by inspiration.

The Bible teaches that in order for a person to speak in a new language they must be believers, have the Holy Spirit come upon them after which He bestows upon that person the ability to speak a new language.

You say you can 'speak in tongues'. But when you 'speak in tongues' do you believe you are speaking a different language that can be understood by the person you are speaking to? If your answer to that question is no, then my dear LordReed, you are not speaking in tongues, that is, according to what the Bible teaches.

When a Spirit baptized Christian speaks a new language the following things are true -
0. They are speaking an actual language, which can either be a natural language which is common like in Act 2:6, 8, 11. or a supernatural language which is not common 1Co 14:14.
1. The speaker is not speaking from his own understanding, the Hold Spirit is the one giving him the words. Act 2:4.
2. They are not speaking to their fellow believers, but to God, who understands what they are saying. 1 Corinthians 14:2.
3. They don't understand what they are saying. 1Co 14:14. But can understand if they pray to God for an interpretation. 1Co 14:13.

P.S By the way i think you misunderstood the topic of the thread. The op is simply asking whether a tongue speaker can end up in hell, and not whether tongues is supernatural or not, or whether exclusive to Christians as your response seems to indicate to be your understanding of the question of the thread.

Sabi? cool cool cool
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by hupernikao: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
LordReed:

It is not any sort of gift. I'm an atheist and I can speak in tongues. I and my siblings spoke in tongues to ourselves when we were children. Glossolalia or speaking in tongues is not exclusive to Christians.

grin grin grin

The author focused on Christian Bro. And in Christianity, it is taught as a gift.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by hupernikao: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You are right.

A pastor sexually molested a Christian sister. And you know what she said? She said they were praying and he was speaking in tongues as he began the molestation. If tongues were real, how could he do that?

Many tongues speakers are ministers of hell.

Why the focus on wrong examples.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
hupernikao:

grin grin grin

The author focused on Christian Bro. And in Christianity, it is taught as a gift.

Doesn't make it one. I repeat anybody can speak in tongues.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I really don't think you understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues.

Going by what the Bible teaches, tongues is something exclusive only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christians.

I think i understand where your confusion comes from.

The word 'Tongues'.

Tongues is not a common phrase that people use today. When you speak Yoruba, for instance, if a foreigner is standing alongside you does he say, ' what tongue are you speaking'? No. He says, 'what language are you speaking'.

Most Bible translations use the word 'tongues' when referring to this phenomenon, but the tlv (Tree of Life) version uses the word 'language', which is actually a very accurate translation.

Mar 16:17  These signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak new languages

It is a language.

But going by human logic, you have to learn a language to be able to speak it right? But this language is not spoken out of understanding, but rather by inspiration.

The Bible teaches that in order for a person to speak in a new language they must be believers, have the Holy Spirit come upon them after which He bestows upon that person the ability to speak a new language.

You say you can 'speak in tongues'. But when you 'speak in tongues' do you believe you are speaking a different language that can be understood by the person you are speaking to? If your answer to that question is no, then my dear LordReed, you are not speaking in tongues, that is, according to what the Bible teaches.

When a Spirit baptized Christian speaks a new language the following things are true -
0. They are speaking an actual language, which can either be a natural language which is common like in Act 2:6, 8, 11. or a supernatural language which is not common 1Co 14:14.
1. The speaker is not speaking from his own understanding, the Hold Spirit is the one giving him the words. Act 2:4.
2. They are not speaking to their fellow believers, but to God, who understands what they are saying. 1 Corinthians 14:2.
3. They don't understand what they are saying. 1Co 14:14. But can understand if they pray to God for an interpretation. 1Co 14:13.

P.S By the way i think you misunderstood the topic of the thread. The op is simply asking whether a tongue speaker can end up in hell, and not whether tongues is supernatural or not, or whether exclusive to Christians as your response seems to indicate to be your understanding of the question of the thread.

Sabi? cool cool cool

Then no Christian right now speaks in tongues going by your own definition because nobody understands what they are saying nor does anybody interpret.

BTW I didn't respond to the OP but to someone who said speaking in tongues is a gift, it is not.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
LordReed:

Then no Christian right now speaks in tongues going by your own definition because nobody understands what they are saying nor does anybody interpret.

BTW I didn't respond to the OP but to someone who said speaking in tongues is a gift, it is not.

I think you need to read my response again.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BRATISLAVA: 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
hupernikao:

Why the focus on wrong examples.

Say the truth and shame the devil.

A lot of pastors are evil and people don't talk about it while they go about damaging others who might have been Christians, due to their devilish actions.

Where have you been?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:37am On Sep 07, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

But must they commit iniquity so grace may abound? To whom much is given, much is expected.

Why do they always hide behind mercy to commit evil? So now that person is an atheist, what use is the mercy on him when he caused a soul to be lost through such an evil act? Speaking in tongues. When I heard that story I was sure that most tongues are fake.

Every believer shouldn't speak in tongues. Otherwise who is testing whose spirits? If she could understand what he was saying she would've known he was fake and left.
You asked a question about God, so my answer was about God not what the man did.

You should know that I don't in anyway support such evils which people commit in the name of God or use grace to justify, so that's not my point, but that God knows what He's doing and we all need His mercy even if we're righteous, because of the condemnation of sin we inherited from Adam. It's God that decided to have mercy on us and still consider our righteousness regardless. It's essential we don't lose sight of that otherwise we would find ourselves making unwarranted errors.

People become atheists for many reasons. Most of those who became atheists were never saved anyway but just religious and church goers who were now given a reason to hate God or those of their own religion. The former atheist who was converted here, became an atheist because of bad experiences she had from Christians.

She really hated them to the extent it became an obsession, as thoughts of taking revenge constantly occupied her mind. She wanted to get back at them by all means.

That created a loop hole in her life for the devil to exploit, as he kept using them to provoke her to anger, until she finally fell deep into his trap.

Hence, even though I know people ought to behave better, especially the church leaders, I often advice people to hinge their faith on God not on what men do, otherwise they're likely to end up as the lady you spoke or even worse.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 12:48am On Sep 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I think you need to read my response again.

May be you need to reread your own response again. How many times have you seen anybody interpret speaking in tongues? How many times have you seen any group follow Paul’s injunctions concerning interpretation of speaking in tongues? Going by the criteria you laid out if these are not obeyed then they are not speaking in tongues.

The problem with your approach is you want to negate my experience but you can’t do it without negating yours.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:05am On Sep 07, 2021
Those who don't have speaking in tongues ability will say bad things about it because they don't have the gift

We that have it know what we say

It can't be explained the power that comes out from you when the gift works it like God is in possession of your physical body

It so awesome and sweet It like you can walk on air and it so powerful you can't say another language until the auction power lift from you

I can't truly explain with words how powerful the holy spirit work with our spirit when we speak in tongues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by madegreatbygrace(m): 2:55am On Sep 07, 2021
quote author=judemurphy post=105507477]Please, I have a question bothering my mind for a long time now,does speaking in tongues guarantee you a place in heaven or you can be speaking in tongues and still go to hell

Hi there , let’s find out from God’s word.

“In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:13-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

First, you speak in tongue because the Holy Spirit is in you. You receive this gift after you believe.

“And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So it’s a sign that you’re a believer.

The Apostles called it the gift of the Holy Spirit.

So it’s also a gift

You’re sealed with the Holy Spirit. This means your situation is irreversible.

SEALED!!!

The Holy Spirit is a mark of ownership.

It means you belong to the Father forever.

You know where God’s people dwell, don’t you?

HEAVEN.

“The Elder, To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, because of the truth [/b]which abides in us and will be with us [b]forever:”
‭‭II John‬ ‭1:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So His presence in you is a guarantee that you belong to Him, a sort of down payment, and an assurance that He’ll come for you at the resurrection.

This is God’s word. You can always rely on it because He doesn’t lie.

Remain blessed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by NATUREOFPOETRY: 3:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Very possible. What takes one to heaven are the fruits of the Spirit and not it gift. The devil can also give gifts but would never be able to replicate the fruits of holiness.
Don't forget Matt 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33am On Sep 07, 2021
judemurphy:

Please, I have a question bothering my mind for a long time now,does speaking in tongues guarantee you a place in heaven or you can be speaking in tongues and still go to hell

All dead people are in Hell (Grave) smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by NATUREOFPOETRY: 6:53am On Sep 07, 2021
There are Christians who lose their salvation and some of their gifts, but tongues doesn't leave. I don't say it doesn't go in all cases, but we shouldn't forget the devil also performs wonders. The devil also gives gifts. The main thing that can lead one to the kingdom is the fruit of the spirit.
Without the fruit, the gift is not genuine.
paxonel:
no!
It is only your faith in Christ that guarantee your place in heaven
that is not possible!
You were first a Christian having faith in Christ before you started speaking in tongues that is what matters when it comes to salvation.
Nothing can make you loose that salvation except you stop believing in Christ or become an adherent of other religions like Islam, atheism, budhaism.

Scriptures says you are justified by your faith or the just shall live by his faith
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 7:23am On Sep 07, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Those who don't have speaking in tongues ability will say bad things about it because they don't have the gift

We that have it know what we say

It can't be explained the power that comes out from you when the gift works it like God is in possession of your physical body

It so awesome and sweet It like you can walk on air and it so powerful you can't say another language until the auction power lift from you

I can't truly explain with words how powerful the holy spirit work with our spirit when we speak in tongues

LoL! You are simply enjoying the euphoria that comes when speaking in tongues because it is affecting your brain. I feel this euphoria too, it’s not evidence of your god’s power. They did studies with MRI while people were speaking in tongues and they could see it affect the brain. If it was your god’s power by now you should have been able to change water to wine or gone into a hospital and healed everybody there.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:06am On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! You are simply enjoying the euphoria that comes when speaking in tongues because it is affecting your brain. I feel this euphoria too, it’s not evidence of your god’s power. They did studies with MRI while people were speaking in tongues and they could see it affect the brain. If it was your god’s power by now you should have been able to change water to wine or gone into a hospital and healed everybody there.

John 14:17 ►
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

New Living Translation
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Bye
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:33am On Sep 07, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

John 14:17 ►
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

New Living Translation
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Bye

According your same bible you should be able to do greater than Jesus yet with your speaking in tongues you have not changed water to wine talk less of doing greater. Call me when you do.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by paxonel(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2021
NATUREOFPOETRY:
There are Christians who lose their salvation
you are right!
But that can only happen when the person stops believing in Christ.

John 3:16..whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life

So long the person keeps believing and having faith there is nothing that can take his salvation from him.
Paul says who can separate him from the love of Christ

and some of their gifts,
gifts are peculiar to everyone(believer or not believer) and can only be used when the person discover his gifts.
If a person discover his gift and choses not to use it, it doesn't mean he has lost it

but tongues doesn't leave. I don't say it doesn't go in all cases, but we shouldn't forget the devil also performs wonders. The devil also gives gifts.
the devil cannot create one single human who then can he impute a gift to any human?
It's not possible.

Yes, there are humans who uses their talents negatively, that happens because the person choses to do so, and has nothing to do with any devil. Therefore the person should be the one to suffer the consequences of this actions and shouldn't put the blame on the devil in

The main thing that can lead one to the kingdom is the fruit of the spirit.
that's a lie!
The fruits of the spirit isn't the spirit itself.
The fruits of the spirit are mere love, Joy, peace, long-suffering, goodness, faithfulness, temperance, etc and cannot take anyone to heaven.
Only your believe in Christ(Faith) do.

Without the fruit, the gift is not genuine.
if you say without the fruits the gift of speaking in tongues is not genuine then you are right, because i see no usefulness of tongues when it is not interpreted to the understanding of a lay man
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judedwriter(m): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2021
judemurphy:

Speaking in tongues is not a guarantee to make heaven.

Many speak in tongues and still lie, fornicate, steal, etc. Sin no matter how little, will take even the biggest pastor to hell.

Speaking in tongues doesn't make you a Christian. It's your fruits.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does Having A Pure Heart Mean? / Are You Righteous Enough To Make Heaven If Rapture/death Occurs Today? / Arming The Faithful Against Logic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.