Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell (6553 Views)

⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell / Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Remember we always have The Holy Spirit with us which is why you see the words "FULL of The Holy Spirit". John1:4; Genesis 2:7

The word is "FULL".

It is not because man never Had The Holy Spirit but that it was as "Battery Saver" to is, for we would be exactly as a dead phone if we had not The Holy Spirit in us.

But when Full both normal and above normal things would also occur.

What you are saying is the spirit breath into man during creation, It is different from the Holy Spirit
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
judemurphy:
What you are saying is the spirit breath into man during creation, It is different from the Holy Spirit
Spirit breath?
14 They and every kind of animal on the earth were in the boat. Every kind of cattle, every kind of animal that crawls on the earth, and every kind of bird were in the boat.
15 All these animals went into the boat with Noah. They came in groups of two from every kind of animal that had the breath of life.
16 All these animals went into the boat in groups of two, just as God had commanded Noah. Then the Lord closed the door behind Noah. - Genesis 7 vs 14 - 16
The same breath also gave life to animals meaning animals have the same breath that God breathed into man in the beginning. undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
judemurphy:

Did I not put John1:4; Genesis 2:7 together?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

So basically you can’t show me where the pleasurable feeling you get while ejaculating is in the Bible can you so your sexual pleasure is not biblical abi?

Facepalms in multiples on your behalfs, this is spinning the meaning of "biblical/scriptural" on its head.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
BassReeves:
Proverbs 5:18-19
'18Let your fountain (wife) be blessed [with the rewards of fidelity],
And rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19Let her be as a loving hind and graceful doe,
Let her breasts refresh and satisfy you at all times;
Always be exhilarated and delight in her love.
'

You dont see breasts as sexually pleasurable for grown ups? I did say I was giving you a taster and that I want avoid pasting here other Hot, steamy and racy bible verses

I pointed out and made it clear that my emphasis is on sexual pleasure, and that I wasn't bothered over the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car.

I stand by every word I typed about there are well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos in the Bible

If you know how or where to look you'll see that it is has flirting and pre-intimacy in it and about the numbered in below image.

Touching breast is different from ejaculating. Can you show me how the pleasure of ejaculating is biblical?

You claimed:

BassReeves:

Almost everything pleasurable or not pleasurable, particularly sexual pleasure, is in the Bible and so it’s a perfect and best yardstick for anything

So is the pleasure of driving a fast car biblical? Or are you willing to admit it's not in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hammurabii1: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good evening all. I'm at the verge of committing suicide. I'm a student of the University of Ilorin. I made excellent results but now I'm about to drop out as school fees payment portal closes about 5 hours from now and I don't have any hope. I'm soliciting for help from well meaning people. Please reach out to me on 07061742247 for my details so you can login to my portal to confirm. Please save a soul. This is all I have to live for
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Touching breast is different from ejaculating.
I know that caressing breast or putting it in mouth is different from releasing

LordReed:
Can you show me how the pleasure of ejaculating is biblical?
You can try Ezekiel 23:20 for size

LordReed:
You claimed:
'Almost everything pleasurable or not pleasurable, particularly sexual pleasure, is in the Bible and so it’s a perfect and best yardstick for anything'

So is the pleasure of driving a fast car biblical?
Almost means, nearly or just about and so that remark might or might not automatically include 'the pleasure of driving a fast car'

Truth is, it’s not what you drive, but it’s what drives you!

LordReed:
Or are you willing to admit it's not in the bible?
2 Kings 9:20
'Again the watchman reported,
“He reached them, but he is not coming back.
And the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he drives furiously
.”'

I keep telling you that my emphasis wasn't about your preoccupation with the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car, but is about that important sexual energy pleasure, carried out, under all circumstances, that is right

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
BassReeves:

You can try Ezekiel 23:20 for size

Indeed that was about size not about pleasure.

Almost means, nearly or just about and so that remark might or might not automatically include 'the pleasure of driving a fast car'

Truth is, it’s not what you drive, but it’s what drives you!

2 Kings 9:20
'Again the watchman reported,
“He reached them, but he is not coming back.
And the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he drives furiously
.”'

We are talking of pleasure not motivation.

SO what if he drives furiously, that's not an expression of pleasure.

I keep telling you that my emphasis wasn't about your preoccupation with the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car, but is about that important sexual energy pleasure, carried out, under all circumstances, that is right

And my emphasis is on all pleasures not only sexual.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 2:03am On Sep 09, 2021
LordReed:
Indeed that was about size not about pleasure.
It also shows you how the pleasure of ejaculating is biblical

LordReed:
We are talking of pleasure not motivation.

SO what if he drives furiously, that's not an expression of pleasure.
Boy racers take pleasure in racing other drivers at the traffic lights, so yeah driving furiously, for some, its an expression of pleasure, as they get kicks from driving very fast and aggressively in high-powered up cars. The thrill obtained from such reckless excitement is their motivation for it

LordReed:
And my emphasis is on all pleasures not only sexual.
Well my comment started with 'Almost everything pleasurable or not pleasurable ...' then the 'almost' was swiftly followed by a caveat and emphasis on sexual pleasure

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2021
BassReeves:
It also shows you how the pleasure of ejaculating is biblical

Boy racers take pleasure in racing other drivers at the traffic lights, so yeah driving furiously, for some, its an expression of pleasure, as they get kicks from driving very fast and aggressively in high-powered up cars. The thrill obtained from such reckless excitement is their motivation for it

Well my comment started with 'Almost everything pleasurable or not pleasurable ...' then the 'almost' was swiftly followed by a caveat and emphasis on sexual pleasure

I always forget how you guys are Masters of interpreting the Bible to say whatever you want it to say. Going by your standards throwing people down from high buildings is also biblical since the same Jehu ordered it, innit? Incest is also biblical since Lot did it, innit?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Image123(m): 8:52am On Sep 09, 2021
LordReed:

I always forget how you guys are Masters of interpreting the Bible to say whatever you want it to say. Going by your standards throwing people down from high buildings is also biblical since the same Jehu ordered it, innit? Incest is also biblical since Lot did it, innit?

And you the sly and subtle son of a serpent are not doing otherwise, are you? Like i said, you guys passed off a pitiable understanding and application of the word "biblical/scriptural". You keep goading him to produce something directly written in the Bible as biblical. You conveniently left out the fact that what is biblical/scriptural is not necessarily all/what is written in the Bible but what is approved by the Bible.
Your royal folly will claim now that it is not biblical to use a microphone or a car, implying that it is not supported and approved by God. Whereas the Bible says that every good gift comes from God. Very simple and straightforward except for children of snakes of course.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
BassReeves:
Its actually really you who I know doesnt understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues

Balaam's donkey is recorded to have spoken in tongue, meaning exclusivity is not only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christian

Beloved you're compounding the confusion

1 Corinthians 13:1
'If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [for others growing out of God’s love for me],
then I have become only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal [just an annoying distraction].
'

1 Corinthians 14:14
'For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unproductive
[because it does not understand what my spirit is praying].
'

For your info, the 'if' in beginning part of both 1 Corinthians 13:1 and 1 Corinthians 14:14, above, are used under a 'Contrary to Fact Condition' meaning, in a lay man way explanation, you cant speak in the tongues of angel and if you were praying in, say, a Hausa language that you dont understand then you are not praying because your mind hasn't a clue of what you recited. This is exactly the case with all those deceiving themselves speaking in faked up tongues

No believers needs audible speech before speaking to God, as to God, understands what they say in silence or what is said in the heart quietly. The bible says, a time will come when the true worshippers will worship God in truth and in spirit.

Do you know the Hannah prayer? A prayer done in the spirit albeit with deep anguish, crying bitterly as she silently prayed? Do I have to go on?

1 Corinthians 14:2 contextually speaking, is saying, if its only you understands Hausa, then if in a gathering, you speak in that Hausa tongue, you are not speaking to men, but to God only, as it is only you and God who understands what you've said. No one else in the hearing distance of you speaking the Hausa tongue understands whatever you spoke as they dont speak Hausa

Fakery, faking and/or faking it, will lead to a path of an unsavoury end.

First of all, there is no record of Balaam's donkey speaking in tongues... I don't know what Bible you use, but in my Bible there is no such record

Num 22:28 Then the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
Num 22:29 And Balaam said to the donkey, "Because you have abused me. I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!"
Num 22:30 So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?" And he said, "No."
Num 22:31 Then the LORD opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the Angel of the LORD standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face.

Secondly, i don't think you understand 1 Corinthians 14:2. Your interpretation of the text and what the text says are completely different. It says, 'in the spirit he speaks mystries' indicating that even the person speaking it doesn't understand what he is saying, but only God does.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
LordReed:

The question I told you I asked myself d[b]id I say I read it from somewhere? Did I tell you it was someone's opinion?[/b]

Why is who lead me to Christ important? That is something I cannot recall because it happened so long ago. I heard people preach about Christ.

All the information you have on atheism was it self-generated? Didn't you learn them?

While you were a believer did you ever receive an answer to prayer?... I mean knowing beyond any shadow of a doubt that it had to be God Himself who did something in your life.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 2:28am On Sep 10, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
Num 22:28 Then the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
Num 22:29 And Balaam said to the donkey, "Because you have abused me. I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!"
Num 22:30 So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?" And he said, "No."
Num 22:31 Then the LORD opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the Angel of the LORD standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face.

First of all, there is no record of Balaam's donkey speaking in tongues... I don't know what Bible you use, but in my Bible there is no such record
Numbers 22:28 New Living Translation NLT
'Then the LORD gave the donkey the ability to speak.
“What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?” it asked Balaam.
'

Numbers 22:28 International Standard Version ISV
'That's when the LORD enabled the donkey to speak
She asked Balaam,
"What did I do to you that you would beat me in the space of only three footsteps?"
'

Numbers 22:28 GOD'S WORD Translation
'Then the LORD made the donkey speak,
and it asked Balaam,
"What have I done to make you hit me three times?"
'

Numbers 22:28 Good News Translation GNT
'Then the LORD gave the donkey the power of speech,
and it said to Balaam,
"What have I done to you? Why have you beaten me these three times?"
'

Beloved, since the bible version you quoted is NKJV, well, from that version, you see that when God opened the mouth of the donkey, God literally gave the donkey the power of speech such that it had the ability to speak, just like a human being does speak.

Hismasterpiece:
Secondly, i don't think you understand 1 Corinthians 14:2. Your interpretation of the text and what the text says are completely different. It says, 'in the spirit he speaks mystries' indicating that even the person speaking it doesn't understand what he is saying, but only God does.
You do know that there is no 'i' in team, so if you desire to make a difference in life and/or in other people's lives, then it is not about 'me, myself and I'. Whats the point in speaking in another tongue or language, if no one understands you or if people in your earshot won’t be able to understand you. That exactly is the point that 1 Corinthians 14:2 is making us see that such person will be talking about mysteries that only the Spirit understands. It is a selfish, self serving and self centred, it doesnt edify, encourage nor comfort others in the body of Christ

Now, if you are being honest to the truth and to yourself, you'll know that 1 Corinthians 14:2 contextually studied, is advising love and prophecy ahead of the gift of speaking in an unknown tongue or unknown language

Still on context, even 1 Corinthians 14:5 states that the person who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless the latter interprets so that the church may be edified

I am sure you dont realise that silence is God's first language. Meaning you dont always have to speak anything before God gets to understand you

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:08am On Sep 10, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

All the information you have on atheism was it self-generated? Didn't you learn them?

While you were a believer did you ever receive an answer to prayer?... I mean knowing beyond any shadow of a doubt that it had to be God Himself who did something in your life.

What information? I didn’t need any information on atheism to ask the question I asked myself.

Of course at the time I thought it was a god answering my prayers but in hindsight I know now that the world doesn’t work that way. I don’t pray now and I still get things done or have favorable outcomes.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
LordReed:

What information? I didn’t need any information on atheism to ask the question I asked myself.

Of course at the time I thought it was a god answering my prayers but in hindsight I know now that the world doesn’t work that way. I don’t pray now and I still get things done or have favorable outcomes.

Lol, you forgot to tell him that your mum and wife still do prayer vigils for your favourable outcomes. Just a gentle reminder.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Was Paul not filled with The Holy Spirit?

Do you not know that when you have The Holy Spirit EVERYTHING which comes out from you is Caused by The Holy Spirit?

Please
Can you help me with any amount of money?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:
I always forget how you guys are Masters of interpreting the Bible to say whatever you want it to say.
We dont say whatever we carnally want the bible to say. Rather under the guidance of the Spirit of Truth, we hermeneutically say what the Bible is saying.

LordReed:
Going by your standards throwing people down from high buildings is also biblical since the same Jehu ordered it, innit? Incest is also biblical since Lot did it, innit?
Ecclesiastes 1:9-11
'9History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
10Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new.
11We don’t remember what happened in the past, and in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.
'

I dont do 'Going by your standards ...' sic.

Just because Jehu ordered throwing people down from high buildings, doesnt mean you too have to order throwing people down from high buildings. Just because Lot's daughters committed incest with their father, Lot doesnt mean you have to do same

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
LordReed:

can you give me some examples of those answers to prayers you received please?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
LordReed:

The question I told you I asked myself did I say I read it from somewhere? Did I tell you it was someone's opinion?

Why is who lead me to Christ important? That is something I cannot recall because it happened so long ago. I heard people preach about Christ.

i'm just trying to say that we all got our knowledge from either what we experienced, were told, or what we read that's all... there's no other way to get knowledge
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

i'm just trying to say that we all got our knowledge from either what we experienced, were told, or what we read that's all... there's no other way to get knowledge

Yes but we must have a way of sifting through what is true and what is false or else we accept every story that comes our way.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

can you give me some examples of those answers to prayers you received please?

Years ago I was stranded at a car park and didn't have enough money to get to my next destination. I prayed to the god and approached a girl who I had travelled with to beg her to help me and she obliged. Back then I attributed it to answered prayer, now on the other hand I would see it as the kindness of a stranger taking pity on me not a god answering my prayer.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
LordReed:

Years ago I was stranded at a car park and didn't have enough money to get to my next destination. I prayed to the god and approached a girl who I had travelled with to beg her to help me and she obliged. Back then I attributed it to answered prayer, now on the other hand I would see it as the kindness of a stranger taking pity on me not a god answering my prayer.

Can you give me another instance where you knew for certain that it had to be God?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
LordReed:

Yes but we must have a way of sifting through what is true and what is false or else we accept every story that comes our way.

On what basis do you determine what is true and what is false?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 12:04am On Sep 18, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Can you give me another instance where you knew for certain that it had to be God?

Do you mean if i was certain then because I don't think any god answered my prayers now.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

On what basis do you determine what is true and what is false?

Depending on the claim, the type of evidence available.

How do you determine what is true or false?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
LordReed:

Depending on the claim, the type of evidence available.

How do you determine what is true or false?

Testing it to see for myself
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
LordReed:

Do you mean if i was certain then because I don't think any god answered my prayers now.

Is there any other thing that happened in your life in the past that you attributed to God?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Testing it to see for myself
Sounds good. How did you test that a god exists for example.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Is there any other thing that happened in your life in the past that you attributed to God?

Yeah several. I passed my SSCE and JAMB in single sittings, naturally I attributed my success to the god. I prayed for family to become born again and when I got back from school my mum was born again, my father followed sometime later then my siblings after that.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
LordReed:
Sounds good. How did you test that a god exists for example.

You don't need to test that. It is obvious.

The more reasonable queston is which is the true way to God? Islam? Christianity?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah several. I passed my SSCE and JAMB in single sittings, naturally I attributed my success to the god. I prayed for family to become born again and when I got back from school my mum was born again, my father followed sometime later then my siblings after that.

Can you tell me something else if you don't mind. Something that you know you had no hand in. Something that you know just had to be God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does Having A Pure Heart Mean? / Are You Righteous Enough To Make Heaven If Rapture/death Occurs Today? / Arming The Faithful Against Logic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.