Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell (6552 Views)

⚫Those Who Speak In Tongues and those who Believe In Jesus Can Never Go To Hell / Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
BassReeves:
Revelation 16:13-14
'13And I saw three loathsome spirits like frogs, leaping from the mouth of the dragon (Satan)
and from the mouth of the beast (Antichrist, dictator) and from the mouth of the false prophet;
14for they are [actually] the spirits of demons, performing [miraculous] signs.
And they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.
'

The 'You can learn it naa' Mikelarteta comment, is a classic example of where and what you typed in your original post about 'Is it a lie that speaking in tongues has be abused or hijacked by strange spirits in the church today?'

'You can learn it naa' is an end time deception of the demonic and foul spirits, mentioned in Rev 16:13-14, symbolised as three unclean spirits that looked like frogs. May I ask, how do frogs catch their prey? Of course, by using tongues, to snare unsuspected believers with their false speaking in tongues deception and bad indoctrination

judemurphy:
Please, I have a question bothering my mind for a long time now, does speaking in tongues guarantee you a place in heaven or you can be speaking in tongues and still go to hell
Belief and confession with the mouth is what produces a pass that guarantees an entry and place in heaven

Tongues, (i.e. the gloried and/or counterfeit incantations type) that snare unsuspecting believers with their learned false speaking in tongues deception and bad indoctrination will lead to the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Image123(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:

Doesn't make it one. I repeat anybody can speak in tongues.

The gift of tongues is different from the counterfeit incantations that you do. Well you wouldn't know, so beat it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And for that very reason, you couldn't have been speaking of the very same phenomenon that is spoken of in the Bible. undecided

The sense of euphoria you speak of, also not biblical. undecided

Is the pleasure you feel when you ejaculate biblical? I don’t think everything pleasurable or not pleasurable is in the Bible so it’s not a yardstick for anything.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I can't explain all since some of them maybe like you, making it happen of their own will. undecided

But what I said earlier is true. It is a mark given to those who believe. I once spoke in gibberish back many many many years ago in college myself. It was for a couple of days after which I was glad to be rid of the thing. I hated the feeling of having my mind and body manipulated by some force I knew next to nothing of. undecided
I wanted to believe in God, I thought and so I allowdd the words of this gal sink in to my head enough to successfully let my mental guard down and it happened. I would open my mouth to speak and all that would come forth were these syllables and words which may no sense to me...over and over it did. But the thrill quickly left me when I realized that I was simply repeating the same syllables and sounds over and over and knew nothing of what it was that came out of me. I was reminded of the Old ritual movies on TV and decided there and then that it was not worth it and tried to get rid of it but it continued. I eventually forgot about it since I stopped meeting with the gal and her group the next week.... but that don't mean the spirit or whatever it was, left. undecided
You're not alone

LordReed:
I never felt nor do I feel manipulation when I speak in tongues, I am fully in control of all my faculties. Of course sometimes you do let the euphoria over take you and you break out into joyful singing and dancing.
Classic peer influence, when you choose to do something you wouldn't otherwise do, but because you want to feel accepted, valued by and/or fit in with your circle of associates you break into speaking unintelligible and/or meaningless speech

Kobojunkie:
And for that very reason, you couldn't have been speaking of the very same phenomenon that is spoken of in the Bible. undecided

The sense of euphoria you speak of, also not biblical. undecided
Its the product of conditioning and indoctrination

LordReed:
Is the pleasure you feel when you ejaculate biblical?
Yes, the pleasure you feel when you ejaculate biblical

LordReed:
I don’t think everything pleasurable or not pleasurable is in the Bible so it’s not a yardstick for anything.
Almost everything pleasurable or not pleasurable, particularly sexual pleasure, is in the Bible and so it’s a perfect and best yardstick for anything

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Image123(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:

Is the pleasure you feel when you ejaculate biblical? I don’t think everything pleasurable or not pleasurable is in the Bible so it’s not a yardstick for anything.

What is the meaning of biblical? Every good gift and pleasure comes from the Father, your daddy has no pleasure to give, remember.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:
Speaking in tongues is as explained in the Bible, and none of those who it happened to described experiencing a feeling of euphoria in conjunction with speaking in tongues. undecided

As far as speaking in an actual tongue is concerned, the Bible remains the yardstick we have. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
BassReeves:
You're not alone

Classic peer influence, when you choose to do something you wouldn't otherwise do, but because you want to feel accepted, valued by and/or fit in with your circle of associates you break into speaking unintelligible and/or meaningless speech

Its the product of conditioning and indoctrination

Yes, the pleasure you feel when you ejaculate biblical

Almost everything pleasurable or not pleasurable, particularly sexual pleasure, is in the Bible and so it’s a perfect and best yardstick for anything

You best read my previous responses before jumping in and behaving like a jerk.

Show me how sexual pleasure is biblical. Show me how the pleasure of driving a fast car is biblical.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Speaking in tongues is as explained in the Bible, and none of those who it happened to described experiencing a feeling of euphoria in conjunction with speaking in tongues. undecided

As far as speaking in an actual tongue is concerned, the Bible remains the yardstick we have. undecided

So basically you can’t show me where the pleasurable feeling you get while ejaculating is in the Bible can you so your sexual pleasure is not biblical abi?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:
You best read my previous responses before jumping in and behaving like a jerk.
I read all your previous responses. No need to grow grouchy because I touched on the aspect of speaking unintelligible and/or meaningless speech. It hasn't come to anyone behaving like a jerk

LordReed:
Show me how sexual pleasure is biblical.
Having sex is not just a gift from God, but it is one such gift that gives a feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment with no sorrow added

If you know how to search and look, you'll find that the Bible is well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos

LordReed:
Show me how the pleasure of driving a fast car is biblical.
I placed my emphasis on sexual pleasure, and not the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:

1 Corinthians 14:22
'Therefore, [unknown] tongues are [meant] for a [supernatural] sign, not to believers but to unbelievers [who might be receptive];
while prophecy [foretelling the future, speaking a new message from God to the people] is not for unbelievers but for believers.
'

People throw a 1 Corinthians 14:22 serious blindside, to the fact and the truth of the situation, that the gift of tongues (i.e. gift of speaking in other languages) is intended as a sign not to those who believe (i.e. not for believers) but to unbelievers

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
BassReeves:
I read all your previous responses. No need to grow grouchy because I touched on the aspect of speaking unintelligible and/or meaningless speech. It hasn't come to anyone behaving like a jerk

If you had read what I said about my experience on here you won't have come with such a reply.

Having sex is not just a gift from God, but it is one such gift that gives a feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment with no sorrow added

If you know how to search and look, you'll find that the Bible is well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos

Show me how sexual pleasure is biblical don't ask me to go search, you are the one making the claim that it is.

I placed my emphasis on sexual pleasure, and not the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car

You said almost every pleasurable thing is in the bible so go ahead and show where this one is in the bible.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I really don't think you understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues.

Going by what the Bible teaches, tongues is something exclusive only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christians.

I think i understand where your confusion comes from.

The word 'Tongues'.

Tongues is not a common phrase that people use today. When you speak Yoruba, for instance, if a foreigner is standing alongside you does he say, ' what tongue are you speaking'? No. He says, 'what language are you speaking'.

Most Bible translations use the word 'tongues' when referring to this phenomenon, but the tlv (Tree of Life) version uses the word 'language', which is actually a very accurate translation.

Mar 16:17  These signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak new languages

It is a language.

But going by human logic, you have to learn a language to be able to speak it right? But this language is not spoken out of understanding, but rather by inspiration.

The Bible teaches that in order for a person to speak in a new language they must be believers, have the Holy Spirit come upon them after which He bestows upon that person the ability to speak a new language.

You say you can 'speak in tongues'. But when you 'speak in tongues' do you believe you are speaking a different language that can be understood by the person you are speaking to? If your answer to that question is no, then my dear LordReed, you are not speaking in tongues, that is, according to what the Bible teaches.

When a Spirit baptized Christian speaks a new language the following things are true -
0. They are speaking an actual language, which can either be a natural language which is common like in Act 2:6, 8, 11. or a supernatural language which is not common 1Co 14:14.
1. The speaker is not speaking from his own understanding, the Hold Spirit is the one giving him the words. Act 2:4.
2. They are not speaking to their fellow believers, but to God, who understands what they are saying. 1 Corinthians 14:2.
3. They don't understand what they are saying. 1Co 14:14. But can understand if they pray to God for an interpretation. 1Co 14:13.

P.S By the way i think you misunderstood the topic of the thread. The op is simply asking whether a tongue speaker can end up in hell, and not whether tongues is supernatural or not, or whether exclusive to Christians as your response seems to indicate to be your understanding of the question of the thread.

Sabi? cool cool cool
In Act of the Apostles,when the disciples spoke in tongue,they actually where speaking other people's language. Read it carefully and you'll see
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
BassReeves:
1 Corinthians 14:22
'Therefore, [unknown] tongues are [meant] for a [supernatural] sign, not to believers but to unbelievers [who might be receptive];
while prophecy [foretelling the future, speaking a new message from God to the people] is not for unbelievers but for believers.
'

People throw a 1 Corinthians 14:22 serious blindside, to the fact and the truth of the situation, that the gift of tongues (i.e. gift of speaking in other languages) is intended as a sign not to those who believe (i.e. not for believers) but to unbelievers
you have a point
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
judemurphy:
In Act of the Apostles,when the disciples spoke in tongue,they actually where speaking other people's language. Read it carefully and you'll see

Re-read what i posted.

0. They are speaking an actual language, which can either be a natural language which is common like in Act 2:6, 8, 11. or a supernatural language which is not common 1Co 14:14.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not read that The Holy can not stay with the Unclean as proven by King Saul, David and co when The Spirit of The Lord Departed from them?

And speaking in tongues means ability to speak other languages, which is what happened on Pentecost Day "TO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES (TONGUES)" and confirmation of the language "WE DO HEAR THEM SPEAK IN OUR LANGUAGES (Tongues)

Blebleble goobaba is a deceit.
so when we speak in tongues,we speak in other languages
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:

You believe what you read in written stories, not much different from the ones you heard.

I became a believer in Jesus before my parents and siblings. It was a personal conviction and not because anybody forced me, I professed Jesus of my own accord.

You also believe what you read. Where do you get your knowledge on atheism from? Didn't you read it online? How are you sure what you read is reliable and not just some biased opinion of a God-hater? How do we know world history? Don't we get it from the things we read?

Who led you to Christ? How did you come to know Christ?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Re-read what i posted.

Alright,now I get your point
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You also believe what you read. Where do you get your knowledge on atheism from? Didn't you read it online? How are you sure what you read is reliable and not just some biased opinion of a God-hater? How do we know world history? Don't we get it from the things we read?

Who led you to Christ? How did you come to know Christ?

The question I told you I asked myself did I say I read it from somewhere? Did I tell you it was someone's opinion?

Why is who lead me to Christ important? That is something I cannot recall because it happened so long ago. I heard people preach about Christ.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
judemurphy:
so when we speak in tongues,we speak in other languages

Yes!

By the Bible we see Paul himself could at least speak 3 Tongues, Jewish language, Roman language and Gentile language.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by hupernikao: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Say the truth and shame the devil.

A lot of pastors are evil and people don't talk about it while they go about damaging others who might have been Christians, due to their devilish actions.

Where have you been?

Hmmmm

I have been perfect.
Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by hupernikao: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:

Doesn't make it one. I repeat anybody can speak in tongues.

Okay.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes!

By the Bible we see Paul himself could at least speak 3 Tongues, Jewish language, Roman language and Gentile language.
But these languages where not inspired by the Holy spirit.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
LordReed:
If you had read what I said about my experience on here you won't have come with such a reply.
Beloved, my intent was to call a spade, a spade, not call a spade, a fork, meaning I harboured or nursed no intent to rub you the wrong way

LordReed:
Show me how sexual pleasure is biblical don't ask me to go search, you are the one making the claim that it is.
With the utmost respect, I dont see where I asked you to go search. You're correct that I made the claim that the Bible is well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos, which is true, dare I repeat, if you know how to search and look, you'll surely find that to be the case.

LordReed:
You said almost every pleasurable thing is in the bible so go ahead and show where this one is in the bible.
Isaiah 66:11a
'And you shall suckle and you shall be satisfied from the breast of her comfort ...'

If you want to quote what I typed, why not quote fully how I typed it.

I am sure you'll admit that after ' ... almost every pleasurable thing' I placed my emphasis on sexual pleasure, and wasn't bothered over the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car

I'll love to wet your appetite with giving you ample sexual pleasure verses, but for the sake of not wanting to being overtly graphic and explicit, so I will limit it to one sexual pleasure verse with an accompanying secondary sex organ

So that Isaiah 66:11a above shows one out of many of the well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos in the Bible. Other verses I would have loved to share are rather racy

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
judemurphy:

Was Paul not filled with The Holy Spirit?

Do you not know that when you have The Holy Spirit EVERYTHING which comes out from you is Caused by The Holy Spirit?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
judemurphy:
you have a point
You say 'you have a point' but you dont get the point, you dont understand the point that in the bible recorded three different times that tongues were spoken, it was done for the benefit of the present in the audience unbelieving (i.e. unbelievers)

If you should be asked to list the three bible recorded different times that diverse tongues were spoken, I see you as struggling to come up with bible references or verses

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Yes!

On the day of Pentecost, at least 15 different tongues or languages were spoken on that day

judemurphy:
All good gifts comes from God, even your local dialect is a gift from God.

Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not know that when you have The Holy Spirit EVERYTHING which comes out from you is Caused by The Holy Spirit?
Acts 2:1-12
'1When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place,
2and suddenly a sound came from heaven like a rushing violent wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3There appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were being distributed [among them], and they rested on each one of them [as each person received the Holy Spirit].
4And they were all filled [that is, diffused throughout their being] with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (different languages), as the Spirit was giving them the ability to speak out [clearly and appropriately].
5Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout and God-fearing men from every nation under heaven.
6And when this sound was heard, a crowd gathered, and they were bewildered because each one was hearing those in the upper room speaking in his own language or dialect.
7They were completely astonished, saying, “Look! Are not all of these who are speaking Galileans?
8Then how is it that each of us hears in our own language or native dialect?
9[Among us there are] Parthians, Medes and Elamites, and people of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and [Asia [Minor],
10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene, and the visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes (Gentile converts to Judaism),
11Cretans and Arabs--we all hear them speaking in our [native] tongues about the mighty works of God!”
12And they were beside themselves with amazement and were greatly perplexed, saying one to another,
“What could this mean?”
"

Jesus commanded the disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they receive the Holy Spirit because it was going to be through the received gift of speaking in any of that at least 15 diverse tongues that the disciples will be preaching the Gospel to the diaspora returning exiled Israelite/Jew pilgrims who travelled down to Jerusalem for the yearly Passover festival.

This recorded first speaking in tongues was for the benefit of the unbelieving Jews, same for the second and third recorded instances, again for the sake and/or benefit of the unbelieving Jew, who being hadn't the chance of hearing the Good News while Jesus was ministering. After all, the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek/Gentiles. The lost sheep of Israel has first serving before the rest of the world

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
I really don't think you understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues.
Its actually really you who I know doesnt understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues

Hismasterpiece:
Going by what the Bible teaches, tongues is something exclusive only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christians.
Balaam's donkey is recorded to have spoken in tongue, meaning exclusivity is not only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christian

Hismasterpiece:
I think i understand where your confusion comes from.

The word 'Tongues'.

Tongues is not a common phrase that people use today. When you speak Yoruba, for instance, if a foreigner is standing alongside you does he say, ' what tongue are you speaking'? No. He says, 'what language are you speaking'.

Most Bible translations use the word 'tongues' when referring to this phenomenon, but the tlv (Tree of Life) version uses the word 'language', which is actually a very accurate translation.

Mar 16:17  These signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak new languages

It is a language.

But going by human logic, you have to learn a language to be able to speak it right? But this language is not spoken out of understanding, but rather by inspiration.

The Bible teaches that in order for a person to speak in a new language they must be believers, have the Holy Spirit come upon them after which He bestows upon that person the ability to speak a new language.

You say you can 'speak in tongues'. But when you 'speak in tongues' do you believe you are speaking a different language that can be understood by the person you are speaking to? If your answer to that question is no, then my dear LordReed, you are not speaking in tongues, that is, according to what the Bible teaches.
Beloved you're compounding the confusion

Hismasterpiece:
When a Spirit baptized Christian speaks a new language the following things are true -
1 Corinthians 13:1
'If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [for others growing out of God’s love for me],
then I have become only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal [just an annoying distraction].
'

1 Corinthians 14:14
'For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unproductive
[because it does not understand what my spirit is praying].
'

For your info, the 'if' in beginning part of both 1 Corinthians 13:1 and 1 Corinthians 14:14, above, are used under a 'Contrary to Fact Condition' meaning, in a lay man way explanation, you cant speak in the tongues of angel and if you were praying in, say, a Hausa language that you dont understand then you are not praying because your mind hasn't a clue of what you recited. This is exactly the case with all those deceiving themselves speaking in faked up tongues

Hismasterpiece:
1. The speaker is not speaking from his own understanding, the Hold Spirit is the one giving him the words. Act 2:4.
2. They are not speaking to their fellow believers, but to God, who understands what they are saying. 1 Corinthians 14:2.
3. They don't understand what they are saying. 1 Co 14:14. But can understand if they pray to God for an interpretation. 1Co 14:13
No believers needs audible speech before speaking to God, as to God, understands what they say in silence or what is said in the heart quietly. The bible says, a time will come when the true worshippers will worship God in truth and in spirit.

Do you know the Hannah prayer? A prayer done in the spirit albeit with deep anguish, crying bitterly as she silently prayed? Do I have to go on?

1 Corinthians 14:2 contextually speaking, is saying, if its only you understands Hausa, then if in a gathering, you speak in that Hausa tongue, you are not speaking to men, but to God only, as it is only you and God who understands what you've said. No one else in the hearing distance of you speaking the Hausa tongue understands whatever you spoke as they dont speak Hausa

Hismasterpiece:
P.S By the way i think you misunderstood the topic of the thread. The op is simply asking whether a tongue speaker can end up in hell, and not whether tongues is supernatural or not, or whether exclusive to Christians as your response seems to indicate to be your understanding of the question of the thread.

Sabi? cool cool cool
Fakery, faking and/or faking it, will lead to a path of an unsavoury end.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Sep 08, 2021
BassReeves:
Beloved, my intent was to call a spade, a spade, not call a spade, a fork, meaning I harboured or nursed no intent to rub you the wrong way

With the utmost respect, I dont see where I asked you to go search. You're correct that I made the claim that the Bible is well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos, which is true, dare I repeat, if you know how to search and look, you'll surely find that to be the case.

Isaiah 66:11a
'And you shall suckle and you shall be satisfied from the breast of her comfort ...'

If you want to quote what I typed, why not quote fully how I typed it.

I am sure you'll admit that after ' ... almost every pleasurable thing' I placed my emphasis on sexual pleasure, and wasn't bothered over the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car

I'll love to wet your appetite with giving you ample sexual pleasure verses, but for the sake of not wanting to being overtly graphic and explicit, so I will limit it to one sexual pleasure verse with an accompanying secondary sex organ

So that Isaiah 66:11a above shows one out of many of the well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos in the Bible. Other verses I would have loved to share are rather racy

I don’t see sexual pleasure in this verse, I see a baby sucking it’s mother’s milk because I read the preceding verse which was referring to Jerusalem.

I ask you again since you asserted that most of the pleasurable things are in the Bible, now show where the pleasure of driving a fast car is in the Bible or are you taking back what you asserted?
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes Paul was filled with the spirit,but those languages you mentioned were not inspired by the spirit. He learnt them
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by judemurphy(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2021
BassReeves:
Its actually really you who I know doesnt understand what the Bible refers to as speaking in tongues

Balaam's donkey is recorded to have spoken in tongue, meaning exclusivity is not only to 'Spirit filled' of 'Spirit baptized' Christian

Beloved you're compounding the confusion

1 Corinthians 13:1
'If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [for others growing out of God’s love for me],
then I have become only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal [just an annoying distraction].
'

1 Corinthians 14:14
'For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unproductive
[because it does not understand what my spirit is praying].
'

For your info, the 'if' in beginning part of both 1 Corinthians 13:1 and 1 Corinthians 14:14, above, are used under a 'Contrary to Fact Condition' meaning, in a lay man way explanation, you cant speak in the tongues of angel and if you were praying in, say, a Hausa language that you dont understand then you are not praying because your mind hasn't a clue of what you recited. This is exactly the case with all those deceiving themselves speaking in faked up tongues

No believers needs audible speech before speaking to God, as to God, understands what they say in silence or what is said in the heart quietly. The bible says, a time will come when the true worshippers will worship God in truth and in spirit.

Do you know the Hannah prayer? A prayer done in the spirit albeit with deep anguish, crying bitterly as she silently prayed? Do I have to go on?

1 Corinthians 14:2 contextually speaking, is saying, if its only you understands Hausa, then if in a gathering, you speak in that Hausa tongue, you are not speaking to men, but to God only, as it is only you and God who understands what you've said. No one else in the hearing distance of you speaking the Hausa tongue understands whatever you spoke as they dont speak Hausa

Fakery, faking and/or faking it, will lead to a path of an unsavoury end.
exactly
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2021
judemurphy:
Yes Paul was filled with the spirit,but those languages you mentioned were not inspired by the spirit. He learnt them

Remember we always have The Holy Spirit with us which is why you see the words "FULL of The Holy Spirit". John1:4; Genesis 2:7

The word is "FULL".

It is not because man never Had The Holy Spirit but that it was as "Battery Saver" to is, for we would be exactly as a dead phone if we had not The Holy Spirit in us.

But when Full both normal and above normal things would also occur.
Re: Is It Possible To Speak In Tongues And Still Go To Hell by BassReeves: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
I don’t see sexual pleasure in this verse, I see a baby sucking it’s mother’s milk because I read the preceding verse which was referring to Jerusalem.
Proverbs 5:18-19
'18Let your fountain (wife) be blessed [with the rewards of fidelity],
And rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19Let her be as a loving hind and graceful doe,
Let her breasts refresh and satisfy you at all times;
Always be exhilarated and delight in her love.
'

You dont see breasts as sexually pleasurable for grown ups? I did say I was giving you a taster and that I want avoid pasting here other Hot, steamy and racy bible verses

LordReed:
I ask you again since you asserted that most of the pleasurable things are in the Bible, now show where the pleasure of driving a fast car is in the Bible
I pointed out and made it clear that my emphasis is on sexual pleasure, and that I wasn't bothered over the adrenaline rush pleasure of driving a fast car.

LordReed:
... or are you taking back what you asserted?
I stand by every word I typed about there are well-stocked and filled with beautiful and plentiful supply of sexual imaginations, sensual and passionate innuendos in the Bible

If you know how or where to look you'll see that it is has flirting and pre-intimacy in it and about the numbered in below image.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does Having A Pure Heart Mean? / Are You Righteous Enough To Make Heaven If Rapture/death Occurs Today? / Arming The Faithful Against Logic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.