Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication (26058 Views)

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" / Deji Adeyanju’s Gave His Friend A Car As A Wedding Gift / Child Dedication Online: My Wife Is Angry I Didn't Spend More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Ghostrye: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
all in support

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by 24brains(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
wman:
Very stupid nonsense talk.

That's not the business of the church.

Plus, DNA tests are very expensive. The average Nigerian can't afford one.
it's not a stupid nonsense talk

How about churches having free test centres from offerings and tithes raised by members? It will still be the work of GOD for average members.

8 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by BluntCrazeMan: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
E no concern anybody though..
Even though the lady gave me a child that is not mine, I would not let any evil befall the child..
My anger should be on the lady herself.
And not on the baby.
Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by seunayantokun(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2021
That should be resolved outside the church while prayer support and counselling will be proffered by the church.

If it becomes a national policy, it will be a fantastic thing, because it will reduce the current rate of divorce due to infidelity. However, it will never stop sexual promiscuity, true life in Christ is the only antidote for sin.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by 1Dray(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
saphiere:
Rubbish

The future is indeed female undecided

6 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by LutanFyah: 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Guilt has nothing to do with being afraid of DNA test, there should be trust between couples before tying the knot, if a man should wake up one day to suggest DNA to his wife, he has created doubt which will breed hate and eventually divorce, especially when DNA is conducted and it is confirmed that the husband is the father.
Trust doesn't mean someone shouldn't ask questions to get answers. A man doesn't need his wife's opinion or suggestion in conducting DNA test on his supposed children.

15 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by iezeiyida(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
Nowadays, the high rate of infidelity and divorce in Christian marriages' in Nigeria is alarming and appalling!

Good idea. But poor Christians wouldn't afford the money for the paternity test and 70 per cent or above, of Nigeria Christians are poor
Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by BennixB(m): 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
Not a bad suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by FalseProphet1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
Biglittlelois:
What has church got to do with DNA? Why do people like to drag the church in something that has to do with the society generally?

Or are people on the assumption that only Christians do paternity fraud and atheists, non-conformists, Muslims don't
You're getting it all wrong... churches confirm bride price payment before conducting weddings.

They even make it mandatory for couples to do HIV tests, genotype test, pregnancy test to be sure she's not pregnant...some even go as far as telling the woman to go for fertility test.

Many churches confirm the house of the man, to be sure that he's not squatting or gave a false address, they even confirm his work status to be sure that what he told them about himself is true.

If the church does all these before agreeing to wed a couple, then it won't be wrong for them to demand DNA test before agreeing to conduct child dedication.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by LutanFyah: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
peacettw:
In the same vein, they should screen all men for low sperm count before marriage to decrease the likelihood of women introducing strange DNA in the family pool
While it's not in the place of the church to demand DNA results from couple before dedicating their children, it's very imperative for every man to conduct a DNA test on all his supposed children.

8 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Rubbiish(m): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2021
ivolt:
I hope Deji will fund the test that is 5 months of an average earners wage.
Or is he trying to restrict child dedication to rich people only?

One mumu up there even suggest that the government make it "free" when
we have not solved the problem of fuel subsidy.
What has fuel subsidy got to do with DNA?
Are u hiding something from your husband?
I see no reason a woman should fear DNA if she got nothing to hide!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Loandbehold: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
Some Nigerians are ridiculous, especially the girls (like the so called saphiere) and guys (if they actually are) that are angry that Deji said that. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. The only time you should not be worried is when the child looks like you. If they do, it's definitely yours. If not, you can do the test.
An alleged human being even said they should do low sperm count so women don't cheat. So if she cheats, it's because of the man? You guys need to go for therapy. You all need help.
The worst thing is for your wife to have a child for another man and you raise the child thinking it's yours. It's better to die than to raise a child that you didn't know wasn't yours.
For the price, it's expensive because it's rarely done in Nigeria, if it's adopted by many, surely, it's going to destroy a lot of marriages (which is not good but is the right thing), but it'll drive the price down and become cheap.
This should be something that all should be encouraged immediately after your wife delivers and if you can afford it, go for it. Don't be raising people's children because of your wife's infidelity.

21 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by senteugene: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
I will recommend that DNA test should be a major prerequisite for issuing birth certificates and the FGN should make the test available for free. It will help curb infidelity among many marriages.

11 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Pinkyposh(f): 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2021
GenesisForums:

https://punchng.com/churches-should-make-dna-test-mandatory-for-child-dedication-says-adeyanju/
For what... It has nothing to do with the church...let everyone carry their cross. If you want to do DNA test after each child, you can do it, nobody is stopping you.
Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Joyfliey(f): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
He is fighting a lost battle..Shhh!!
Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Biglittlelois(f): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
LutanFyah:
Trust doesn't mean someone shouldn't ask questions to get answers. A man doesn't need his wife's opinion or suggestion in conducting DNA test on his supposed children.

Asking questions without cause is unnecessary, it breeds doubt. Except the man conducts the DNA test without her knowledge, once she finds out, that marriage is as good as gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Loandbehold: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
E no concern anybody though..
Even though the lady gave me a child that is not mine, I would not let any evil befall the child..
My anger should be on the lady herself.
And not on the baby.

Easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard.

5 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by tunjijones(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
yuping:
He is on point but DNA is quite expensive and I don't see reason why someone will be afraid of DNA test if she is not guilty.

DNA is not as expensive as you guys think. In Abuja you can get DNA for as low as 70k

5 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Dhury: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
saphiere:
Rubbish
not ready to repent!!

3 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by ichiendu(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Rubbiish(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
ecolime:

See them

Men are scum... Men are cheats.. Blah blah blah.

Just mention DNA and they shitting in their panties.
The way women shiver at the mention of DNA is worrisome!

12 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by tunjijones(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2021
saphiere:
Rubbish

Why do you think it's rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by descartes400: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
majamajic:
Mine is just the price of the DNA , if not it's a good move

The price is likely to come down as more medical centres will sprout up for conducting DNA services.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by bluefilm: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
Supported.

Paternity Fraud is a crime against Humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by AyebaAyiba: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
I think men should marry GOD FEARING WOMEN. Look out for how she takes the things of God serious and how she treat people not big yansh, facial beauty, breast, etc. Marry a woman who loves God and strives to obey his word and you won't have wahala. DNA matter no go rise sef.

4 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by StrongInBed: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
There should be subsidy for it.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hope you're still your father's son?

grin grin grin grin Proud father of four. Thanks for your concern cheesy

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Biglittlelois(f): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

You're getting it all wrong... churches confirm bride price payment before conducting weddings.

They even make it mandatory for couples to do HIV tests, genotype test, some even go as far as telling the woman to go for fertility test.

Many churches confirm the house of the man, to be sure that he's not squatting or gave a false address, they even confirm his work status to be sure that what he told them about himself is true.

If the church does all these before agreeing to wed a couple, then it won't be wrong for them to demand DNA test before agreeing to conduct child dedication.

And what is the emphasis on the church only when other religion face these same problem? Christianity is always the first to be dragged in everything because they are the silent and docile ones who will never react that is my point. Paternity test is a society thing generally, it has nothing to do with religion, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by coronavirus19: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
saphiere:
Rubbish
Future is shemail grin

4 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by SenecaTheYonger: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
Omo be like say this infidelity thing too much

2 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by princewarri1985: 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2021
GBAM! well said and may God bless you so that alot of all these feminist perpetuating paternity fraud can be exposed, my lanlord second son look so much like one of our tennant, the same ear the same smile and the same walking style! In china DNA test is mandatory for every child born

8 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication by Polyol(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2021
Long overdue.

Maybe I'll get to meet dangote as my father. This one I presently have wants to kill me with billings grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? / Please Avoid Winners Chapel And Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.