Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Advice Needed - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (47195 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed by adebayo987: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

No, I recently told him about the cheating part.
madam, apart from old men in their late 50s and above, it is very very rare for young men to marry newly divorced WOMAN or even a SINGLE mother unless she's very rich and the man is very poor. Young men would love to only be nacking but make sure they have no string attached, if money is involved from her side, no true love will come from the man's side. You said it yourself that you both quarel over things. I see you're somewhat wanting to be in charge. The Bible isn't foolish when it asks women to be submisive to their husbands. As for the cheating part, a man is not like a woman. A h o r n y man must find a way to release if there's no way. If you ALWAYS open your legs for him i don't think you'll be talking about cheating. From your explanations, your husband rarely have sex with you for weeks. Haa! Do you want to be counted among those who had a failed marriage based on ordinary differences? Think again!
Re: Advice Needed by romanterrorist: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2021
let me be plain here if u really want to keep ur marriage going bck to an ex is nt the solution
u already said u have feelings for the guy so its ovious u dnt want to continue.. so i dnt see why u came to naira land
ashawo dey ur eye already

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by papae1(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:

If you have evidence your husband is cheating and cannot remain in the relationship, you leave. If you are not leaving, you are still married to him! At least, I believe the only grounds for divorce is adultery.

Can two wrongs make one right?

Your reconnecting with an ex is a payback, yeah?

What if everything was a mirage and the end brings you this dropped eyeballs that your husband wasn't cheating actually? Can you unscrew the screwed? Or you wanted a reason to cling to to return to the arms of this new 2face?

Why condole cheating if that's the case?

If you cannot accept it, you leave the union. That's the only ground morally acceptable to regroup with your new 2face.

I doubt you have feelings for 2face...it's this new attention he's giving you when you so need it that's translating to emotions, pills, and feelings.

Hanty, I will not mince words.

You are afraid of your tendency to meet your ex and ...history history...yeah?

What is the assurance your ex would make a good husband? If he would, you wouldn't have left him!

You are still a married woman whether or not you accept it!

How do you manage an ex who knows you are married but wants to screw you! Doesn't it ring the bell to you he only misses your body?

Wetin dey happen for this world sef.

Abi is it only my brain that has no downtime?

You're right on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by DukeNija(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2021
koyyess:
If you want to leave the marriage, leave with a clear head and not because you are receiving attention from your ex so you don't keep getting disappointed by men.

As regards your ex, the fact that he is your ex and is divorced is a deep red flag. Why didn't it work while you both were dating? There is a reason he is your ex. Don't do anything you will regret.

I won't deceive you, the marriage is over and only your 'horseband' can fix the damage.

Let your horseband know you are aware and see the reaction. That will give you a clear guide on what to do.

But listen, between now, the time you tell your partner you are aware of his cheating and after then, I want you to start looking your best not for him but for yourself. Learn a new skill, hobby....start making friends. You may end up attracting another person other than your ex but don't put that in mind. Just do it and see wonders.

Only start dating after you have left that house if your decision is final. Don't tow the part of your 'horseband'. It's not worth it.

Dumb advice
Re: Advice Needed by chris51(f): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Bola146:
shocked madam deep inside you, you know what is right for you expect you are just deceiving yourself. Why not ask yourself the questions why your husband is cheating and fighting always? Some men need attention and real sex which many married women take for granted. Your ex you knew then might not be the man you know today. If your husband is a responsible man ( financially, caring and physically) please think twice, don't regret when lust ruin you, don't just conclude about leaving, what if your ex didn't show up? Find a way to ask him what really went wrong. But If your husband is the opposite of a good man, please still think twice before you marry your ex. I wish you best of luck!

The ex just wants a fling. If the lady is sensible, let her work on her marriage
Re: Advice Needed by chris51(f): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2021
chris51:

The ex just wants a fling. If the lady is sensible, let her work on her marriage
Re: Advice Needed by igwejay: 8:22am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

Our upbringing is totally different, he comes from a family where women are supposed to be suffering and still be silent...this I found out after marriage...and I come from a family where women have a say.

I know how it would end if I tell him about it and I am not ready to go down that road. I am tired of the constant quarrels.
I can say I have gotten to my elastic limit and I have no strength of fighting for this union anymore in me.

What I sense here is feminism not allowing you to give your husband a proper respect. What do you mean by a family where women have say. Just remove that ideology of women having say and your marriage will be fine. In as much as you can make contribution during arguments in the family, your husband decision is always the final and you should not drag matters too much with him. Please build your family and delete your ex number from your phone �. He is a distraction in your life. You are still married for God sake. Stop speaking with your ex.
Re: Advice Needed by Rhozabeth(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2021
Madam, you need to be careful, first all these people leaving abroad will tell u one thing but u will come and discover something completely different! The fact that he provided a shoulder for u, not physically yet, does not make hime the right one. I'll advice u try to work things out with ur husband first. Then if its not working, u can leave but as a woman never cheat while still married , when the world knows about ur cheating ur husband will become the saint while the world will crucify u upside down!
Re: Advice Needed by aklion: 8:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Why is most people saying leave... Why u no go marry ya ex at the ist place, while marry your hubby. My dear you are married try to fix it. Nothing respectfully communication no fit do added with prayers. Yes you are hurt. Make the nigga Sabi say u Sabi and it's not good because most men at times de get mumu brains. Having something to now do with your ex you have also cheated on your hubby too. No break ya married to go enter something worse.
Re: Advice Needed by ECHICHE: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2021
Here is my advice to you.

1. No reason is strong enough to cheat in marriage. The Bible is against it. Don't pay evil for evil.

2. For you to enjoy ur marriage, you must work on it. Swallow ur pride, wake ur husband up in the midnight and resolve issues that affects ur marriage, so that both of you can be happy.

3. Shut every doors that threatens ur marriage. e.g, ur Ex-boy friend. If ur ex boyfriend is a good man he won't hv divorce his former wife. He will use you, dump you & increase ur pains and problems. Pls, cut him up immediately.

4. Refrain from quarreling ur husband. Be submissive & respect him. Read Ephesians 5:22-25. You hv the responsibility to make ur marriage work.

5. Tell your husband the urgent need for both of you to undergo proper marriage counseling, then look for a professional marriage counselor.

6. Work on ur sex life. No reason is strong enough to deny ur husband sex. It is a sin before God. See 1 Cor. 7:4-5. Men are likely to look elsewhere if their wife deny them sex.

6. Don't listen to 3rd parties in ur marriage. Learn to settle all ur difference by urselves. Conflict is normal in marriage but ur ability to resolve it is what make the difference.

7. Forgiveness & tolerance is key to successful marriage.

8. Read good books about marriage. It will help you build ur marriage.

9. Sow seed of prayer to ur marriage on daily basis. Wifes are favour in human form, Pray for ur husband daily.

Am sure your marriage will work & both of you will enjoy ur marriage again. May God bless your marriage IJN

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Blackdisciple(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Hmmm...!

I don't wanna talk about Married issues again will just be reading comments and learn .... Since issues like this arises in the family only thing I see is that the couple end up doing what they want to do either to move on or stay and put things right in the family .

Since you have started what you want to do with that your ex just continue but always remember who's gonna be at the loosing side at the end.
Re: Advice Needed by keypha1: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2021
From the day one you don't love ur husband, you're just pretending, yes men cheat but they don't love their side chick, but when women start cheating they will start arranging how to kill their husband so that they will have freedom to flex.
Re: Advice Needed by Okortor: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Oh, I'm in south west, no shakes...I go regard u soonest.
chatinent:

Thanks boss.

I'm in South East.

May I send my account number address?
Re: Advice Needed by Sambab(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

Our upbringing is totally different, he comes from a family where women are supposed to be suffering and still be silent...this I found out after marriage...and I come from a family where women have a say.

I know how it would end if I tell him about it and I am not ready to go down that road. I am tired of the constant quarrels.
I can say I have gotten to my elastic limit and I have no strength of fighting for this union anymore in me.

The best thing is to submissive to your husband... You are a type of lady who claimed husband has no say on them but children. Your husband is your head... Take it or leave it, though this doesn't mean he should not allowed you to speak out...
Re: Advice Needed by Sambab(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

No, I recently told him about the cheating part.

You want to divorce your husband cos he cheated on you, what gave you assurance that your ex- and your prospect husband will not cheat when you come together...
I advise you settle the quarel with your husband, look for solution and enjoy your marriage again
Re: Advice Needed by chatinent: 11:11am On Sep 11, 2021
Okortor:
Oh, I'm in south west, no shakes...I go regard u soonest.

Thanks.
Re: Advice Needed by chatinent: 11:15am On Sep 11, 2021
Chinny024:

We are in hospital. We know what women/men pass through in the hands of adulterous partner.. Many of them despises condom...They dive in naked in every hole they come across... If actually that there is evidence, then she should leave.. Even the bible supports that..

I strongly am against adultery too. But why aren't you cautioning the emotionally adulterous woman?
Re: Advice Needed by ArinzeUgo: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2021
Madam, the heavenly truth is that ur still seeing ur ex or communicating him even before the quarells. If not, u couldn't had easily felled back to him via quarells with ur husband. They re so many guys outside u can cheat with..THEN WHY UR EX?
Re: Advice Needed by Semaj77(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:

If you have evidence your husband is cheating and cannot remain in the relationship, you leave. If you are not leaving, you are still married to him! At least, I believe the only grounds for divorce is adultery.

Adultery isn't the only grounds for divorce
Re: Advice Needed by chatinent: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2021
Semaj77:

Adultery isn't the only grounds for divorce

To me, like I said, it is.
Re: Advice Needed by koyyess: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2021
DukeNija:

Dumb advice

No, you are the dumb one. Would you have preffered to have her fvCk her ex and pretend she is still in a dead marriage?

Busu
Re: Advice Needed by Semaj77(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:

I doubt you have feelings for 2face...it's this new attention he's giving you when you so need it that's translating to emotions, pills, and feelings.

Quite agree , whatever issues she had with her ex to cause a break up is and will still be there , people always forget so quickly.

chatinent:

How do you manage an ex who knows you are married but wants to screw you! Doesn't it ring the bell to you he only misses your body?

This too should be a red flag to her , why would her ex want to "hook up" with her knowing she's married , he has no respect for her or her marriage and is probably worse than the husband. I'm friends with most of my exes but I keep it strictly formal if they are married and I won't even encourage frequent chats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by Ephatah: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
Zuchey91:

Pls forget the ex. He is a distraction
Since your husband feels women should not talk, telling hima about the cheating will make him more emboldened and may even turn it on you. So I get that you not telling him.
I feel your pain. Divorce may not be an option sha. Talk to a counselor. Talk to him about you guys doing couples counseling. If he doesn't feel women should talk den don't argue with him. State your points at other times. You will have to be the emotional mature one in the relationship. Then pray. You can join NSPPD PRAYERS by Pastor Jerry Eze. Every morning 7:00 to 8:00am. It's a global prayer platform. I wish you well.
Re: Advice Needed by Semaj77(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:

To me, like I said, it is.

If my wife attempts to kill me for let's say my money ( or any motive ) , even if she isn't cheating , is more than enough grounds for divorce

Constant domestic violence leading to grievous bodily harm is also good grounds for divorce

And , some may not agree with this one , insanity is also good grounds for divorce

But since you say "to you" , who am I to disagree with what you can put up with in marriage.
Re: Advice Needed by Diegostan(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
All I see are hypocrite advise.
Re: Advice Needed by kingthreat(m): 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
alextywo:

Dear madam for clarity sake regarding okafor's law as mentioned above.

OKAFOR'S LAW also known as OKAFOR'S LAW OF CONGO DYNAMICS state that

C1 + P = C∞
Once a congo has been shined once (C1) , it can always be shined (C∞ ) provided it was shined properly ( P) .

OKAFOR'S LAW can also be termed as law of repeatable action "if you have done something once, you can do it again. If you have been somewhere before, you can still go back there"(but mind you in your situation going back there again(To your EX) it would either end up in SAMBISA FOREST OR YABA LEFT).

In a nutshell What was fvcked can never be unfvcked. But can be refvcked provided the fvckee reconnect with the fvcker and the desires remain constant.

There's also something unique about this Okafor's law as applicable to your situation. Its conform to NEWTON'S LAW OF GRAVITY.
What do I mean? While YOUR HUSBAND is acting as the motion of the moon, Madam acting as a body failing freely on EARTH provided there's an existence of YOUR EX acting as a FORCE OF ATTRACTIONS for soft landing.

Madam please apply your IQ , don't allow your EQ to play fast one On you.

May God help YOu

In your family, is your father referred to as madam?
Re: Advice Needed by Kobojunkiee: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
berrystunn:
How did she conclude that the husband is cheating? ....
She is his wife and she knows what she knows.. undecided

So again, How do you conclude that it is the devil that will take her out of the marriage? undecided
Re: Advice Needed by Drrr: 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
The issue of Ex is No..No..No..I mean no going area or else you will bite your fingers at the end, after your Ex use you to grease his bed and later dump you for another side chics, when he tires of you and later find an excuse to dump you and use you to count scores.
*At the end of the day you become a looser,
*You loose your integrity as a woman.
*And commit Adultery which is a great sin before God because your body is for your Husband while under marriage oaths.
It is clearing that you never loved your Husband, you only looking for an excuse to open your wet pussy to your Ex in the name of love feelings which will later back fire.
1. Try to call your Husband and find a way to settle this matter for the sake of your child and the Vow you both made during your weddin, you can both see a pastor or any Councillor for proper marriage counselling.
2. Forget the Ex and delete his number on your phone no matter what he might have done for you, in order to avoid the wrath of God because what you are already doing is cheating as well and always have it in mind that what he does to his Ex will still be done to you as well, no matter how long your both useless romance might taken.
3. Never discussed your marriage or your Husband matter to any Third party.
4.You are the one that can build your home by yourself,call upon God and also search your own characters as well and turn a new born again life styles and stop chasing Ex penis up and down because he is in Abroad.
4.Behind a successful man there always be a good wife, call your Husband to verify if it real or not and also search yourself whether you are the cause of issue through your attitudes, then forgive and forget and team up to build up your family because what's happening in other place over there are more than this, everyone just managing his/ her family issues.
4.Lastly never taken a step that would allow him to have another wife because a lot of young girls outside there looking for a man and no reasonable young man will settle for single Mum or divorcee, they can only Bleep you, use you and go.
So Madam go back to your Husband and talk to him if you truly love him, don't use cheating as an opportunity to carry out your evil objectives.
Re: Advice Needed by Olababee(f): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
My thoughts tho...
I understand how you feel,it's never easy in anyway, it hurts alot yea, there's always a way to deal with stuff like this, talk to your hubby softly, just try n loosen the heaviness in ur heart n talk to him, appologize to him even if ur not wrong,tell him ur sorry if there's anyway u might have offended him be soft on it,then gently ask him if he still cares about the marriage with his reply n body language u will know whassup, if his positive about it, then u tell him u really want this marriage to work, despite anything, n u want his quota, it's two wonderful n concecrated people that builds marriage, tell him u need his support u can't do it on ur own alone, just try it's not easy, after that ,listen to him, I believe he has things to say, from there decide in ur heart to do ur part, give him his maximum respect, cook, infact just fufill ur duties with a smiling face , ignore whatever that he might have done in the past ,just try free ur mind ,it's not easy but try, always be happy,read ur books, ur bible, dress well, always be on point, take care of ur self, ur body, eat, press ur phone, do the normal things u do that makes u happy, occupy ur mind ,but always be happy,smiles always, don't let anything bother u, he might take time to relate to u like before, but don't let it bother u, then try n cut off from ur ex , this ex's are not always happy for us ,so please try to cut off, do ur part so tomorrow he wouldn't say this is what my wife did or do please, and be prayerful ok, Welldone, God's grace ahead....

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by berrystunn(m): 11:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
She is his wife and she knows what she knows.. undecided

So again, How do you conclude that it is the devil that will take her out of the marriage? undecided

I know what I know.
Re: Advice Needed by Zenithphil8368: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
Op is among those ladies that married their husband because other people are getting married not because she loves the man. If you love your husband and he misbehaved or you assumed he is cheating on you the first thing you will do if you truly love him is to confront him and find out why he is doing it. Although some men dont have any reason to cheat they just cheat without emotions. Men can cheat with a lady without having any strong emotional feelings for her but when a woman cheats on her husband be rest assured she is no longer in love with the husband. I wonder why some people marry for the wrong reason. if you know you dont truly love your intended spouse please do not commit because you will only ruined yourself eventually. Madam you may think you have not cheated on your husband but you have already do just that you have not been laid yet, you are sharing your emotions with somebody else. you are also cheating on your your husband wether you agree or not. My advice for you is that if you know you ever loved your husband please confront him and be sure then hear him out am sure if he also loves you and he is aware that you are aware he is cheating see his reaction and you will see how sorry he will be and probably desist from it because he may not want to loose his family. That is if the both of you ever loved each other enough
Re: Advice Needed by Heartheart: 12:02am On Sep 14, 2021
Instead of moving on to that your ex, why not channel your energy into getting independent. That’s the most important thing to do as an adult. You want to move from being fully dependent on your husband to being fully felon your ex. Focus on making enough money to take care of yourself then your mind would be clear on what direction you’re going to take. Don’t be distracted.
Zuchey91:
I need matured inputs please.

I am a married woman, with a child.

My Marriage has been really rocky. Quarrels every now and then.

What basically causes the problems is our differences, we just don’t understand each other, it wasn’t so visible during dating.

Although we did not date for long....but being married, it has been from one issue to the other, right from a week after our wedding.

I have always contemplated leaving, but I am yet to be fully independent.

Sometime this year, I found out he has been cheating (I was not surprised, but I was heart-broken) my discovery strengthened my resolve to leave the union.

In the process of nursing my heartbreak, I reconnected with an ex, we got talking and he helped my heal. I did not tell him what I was going through at the time...I was just enjoying the attention he was showing me.

I should state that I did not tell my husband about his cheating, I held all the emotions back, it was a very difficult period for me because I am usually the outspoken type.

My ex is not based in the country where me and my husband reside, we just communicate on phone, he says he misses me and would want us to meet when he is in town.

I should also state that my ex was married but divorced.

I would not deny my having feelings for my ex, and I also do not want to believe in a fairytale ending, I am just confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Would Love To Go Back To My Ex-Husband – Caroline Danjuma / Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.