Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? (28679 Views)

Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? / Nigerian Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend Who Is A Police Officer (photos) / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by RZArecta(m): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
sugarbeesmith:
ops no mind this guy o
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:
I meet this lady during COVID-19 pandemic period which was last year May 2020. She is still a student in a reputable University here in Nigeria, 300Level to be precise. She is 25years old.
She has insisted that until she finishes her school, gone for service and do what ladies call "Sisi" for at least another one year, she won't get married. That will be about 4years to this time.

I am in my mid 30s already, working class, earn below #70k per month, also into IT business, willing to get married now because I feel lonely, also need to build a family of my own before I turn 40yrs.

This lady in question appears to show me love, that's to her own way, my orientation is a bit different, I love her too anyways.

But would you advice I wait for her till she is done with all she has said or should I leave her and look for someone else to get married to?

Please, no insult, advice needed from experienced person.

Thank you.

Bro, you need to be asking her the right questions.

Most importantly, ask her to define what she meant by "do sisi".

My own advice is that you look for your own wife. That girl is not ready to commit, and you can't blame her. Nor should you blame yourself.

However, if you don't run and look for your own wife, then you would end blaming yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by pocohantas(f): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
When you were younger, girls were rushing you for just having a penis, you thought it will remain like that? You convinced yourself that you will see a wife anytime you are ready.

Now you are 34 with 70k salary and you are looking for a girl in her prime to rush into marriage. A girl that is very sure she can still meet a better man.

You men do not like to tell yourselves the truth. The major attraction to an older man is his FINANCIAL CAPABILITY. If you don’t have that, 300L girls will use you and do yeye. If you have it, they will still use you and cruise, but them no go get mind tell you this kind nonsense to your face grin. Na Round 1 be this. When they are done with you, you will give up on marriage.

You think say na 1872 we dey?

Better go find one mature lady with a stable source of income and marry.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Abakelawal(f): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
I swear to God....she is waiting for alternative she is waiting to see if you will make it before dat time
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Twoclans(f): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
pocohantas:
When you were younger, girls were rushing you for just having a penis, you thought it will remain like that? You convinced yourself that you will see a wife anytime you are ready.

Now you are 34 with 70k salary and you are looking for a girl in her prime to rush into marriage. A girl that is very sure she can still meet a better man.

You men do not like to tell yourselves the truth. The major attraction to an older man is his FINANCIAL CAPABILITY. If you don’t have that, 300L girls will use you and do yeye. If you have it, they will still use you and cruise, but them no go get mine tell you this kind nonsense to your face grin. Na Round 1 be this. When they are done with you, you will give up on marriage.

You think say na 1872 be this?

Better go find one mature lady with a stable source of income and marry.

@ bold is the best solution but will the op agree.

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Femeto: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:
I meet this lady during COVID-19 pandemic period which was last year May 2020. She is still a student in a reputable University here in Nigeria, 300Level to be precise. She is 25years old.
She has insisted that until she finishes her school, gone for service and do what ladies call "Sisi" for at least another one year, she won't get married. That will be about 4years to this time.

I am in my mid 30s already, working class, earn below #70k per month, also into IT business, willing to get married now because I feel lonely, also need to build a family of my own before I turn 40yrs.

This lady in question appears to show me love, that's to her own way, my orientation is a bit different, I love her too anyways.

But would you advice I wait for her till she is done with all she has said or should I leave her and look for someone else to get married to?

Thank you.
It will end in tears if you wait.
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by oyejideogunjumo: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Are you a graduate?
Do you have a stable job?
Are you really ready for marriage?
If your answers to the above questions are positive, then wait.
The girl has about two years more....a year more in the school and a year of service.
You have waited this long at 34 so why don't you be patient a bit more?.
You can even marry in her final year and use the certificate to influence her posting of NYSC.
However, if your answers are 'No' to the questions then don't wait.
During service she will meet a better person who is a graduate and see you as inferior.
But most importantly, pray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by michaelbills(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Don't wait on someone who is not your wife. At that age she has a plan B TO C. Leave single UNIVERSITY girls alone. You are just gambling with your emotions. If it's UNILAG as a case study you are finished. Got some young boys that have cars and money to spend on her. Some are even patient as you are but with a lot of funds. I knew part-time students then that were fucking low key. Then she goes for youth service and see a total new life and experience. Married women they Bleep for camp, in fact married hijab-wearing ladies they Bleep for camp then it's one single girl that won't Bleep.
If she doesn't want to marry you now, don't wait for her. That time she said she wants to do sissy is the time she wants to indulge in hoeism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by diademoly(f): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:

Thank you.

Believe me she's not satisfied with your income and is still expecting someone who earns higher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by frozen70(f): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:

Thank you.

If you want to wait for some one who is not yet planning for marriage, then be ready to stay long in the Bustop

By the way, was so special about her that you can't leave her and look for a woman who is ready to get settled

Marriage Is no gambling but its like a game

It's either you get it right or you fail it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Kadejo(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
That period I think it's a period she only has answers to, maybe work, ..... I don't know

Sheggy13:

That guy asked you a very important question but you skipped it. I guess love is still shacking you. You've refused to explain to us what she meant by sisi for at least a year. That sisi is definitely a period she won't be committed to anyone fully..shouldn't that give you concern?
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by tosaino95(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
See me look you with one eyes angry because na one chance you dey undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Afokesco(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tell her that you can't wait.. there's no time to waste bro..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by ICCtestimony(m): 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
HopeVictor:
What if ASUU strike??
it's painful to hear ASUU saga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Neddyogu(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
MrBachelor:
Don't marry bro.

Save money and travel.

Advice of the year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Mvena(f): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
Marvyx:
If the tables were turned and it was a lady, she would have ditched you sharp sharp for a better offer. If you really want to marry, I'll advise you to go for someone who is ready.

Worthy point to note is that the 1 year of NYSC and another year of 'sisi' is for her to explore other guys freely. Just don't come back to NL and cry about women when she gave you heads up.
We go follow cry with am na
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by princewarri1985: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Am tired hearing grown up men asking senseless and childlish question, God gave you brain for christ sake please use it for once, Let me help you here since your decoding capability is very low, she is indirectly telling you to look for another girl and marry, thats how women are wired, they say things indirectly and it's now left for we to decode it, bros you dumb sha, and na your type women dey deal with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by ayodejiajayi94: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:

Thank you.
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Toks2008(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
asunmoGGMU:

You're very right. I don't even understand how most give their submissions here. They just give some people unnecessary pressure and give them low self-esteem. People collecting 50k salary are even getting married and they are doing very fine. We've students into business nowadays. The potential wife can be supportive. It's all about plan. If you look at it well, it is those that don't even know what it takes to pull money together that say these things the most.

Very true.

Most of these male nairalanders are still under the tutelage of their parents and still collecting money from them.

The way they make comments here is so worrisome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
Twoclans:

@ bold is the best solution but will the op agree.

Is it follow follow or just zombism, weytin be una definition of mature lady or your aunty just want a 34yr old man to settle for an evening newspaper likr her
Ideally a 34yr old guy shouldnt settle for a gurl above 6yrs gap. however tell your aunty pocohantas in men's world maturity no be by age n maturity as never been a criteria for wife material. whether 70k or 1million salary there is a spec for all classes, the man should tailor is spec according to size. simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by delpee(f): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
She's made it clear that she won't be ready anytime soon. She's a bit immature or maybe inconsiderate and not truly in love with you. Still trying to cast her net into the seas. At 25 she should be much wiser.

Bro, look for a more matured lady who is ready to plan and settle down with you. Considering your current pay, you'll be better off with someone who is employed. At least she'll look after herself to reduce your burden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by fboy24q(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
What if she later change her mind or find you unattractive? undecided Boda you better look for any available pussy that's ready to marry oo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by justmondris: 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
If she is a good girl, I will advice you wait for her. It’s better you wait for an extra one or two years than to marry another girl that might turn your life and destiny into a living hell forever.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by KensonAbule(m): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2021
I see disappointment in future.
But u can either double date now, should in case things turn to be the opposite, then u marry the next person. Or just impregnate her and move on to do the traditional rites.
She won't have an option again.
Because the handwriting am seeing, u won't be able to pronounce it in the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by cedricksly: 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:

Thank you.
there is no guarantee that she would marry you even after doing the so called sisi.. So move on & Forget that one wen never ready.... So from 19 to 25 she no do sis, so she intend to start doing sisi at 28,29 when her mate dey give birth by then... Sorry to say this bluntly, You are dating an unserious lady...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Pweetyccee(f): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pls what d meaning of Sisi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:

Thank you.
What business do you have with a girl of that age and exposure. Tomorrow na you go still complain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by olamoses75(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kadejo:

Thank you.
if this lady is actually into you as you claimed, she will even be the one telling you she's getting married immediately after her final paper, judging from her age. A 25yrs old lady telling you she won't be ready for marriage until after 4years time. I just hope you see the writing on the wall!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Darreytinho10(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bro knack her belle asap grin
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
dis op is just dating himself, op is d 1 desperatly holding on t a dying r/shp, Apapa port tears loading!!.
_heathrow44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by MummyD2020(f): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
825jobs:
Hmmm. She will be 29 when she is ready, and too old. Ask yourself, at what age did our fathers married our mothers?

If she is not ready now, she WON'T be ready later o.

She is just keeping you on the side while she shops for options.

And u r definitely spending on her on top the salary you are managing. Ok o.

Once a girl crosses 28, they become a tough meat, combative, harder to please, "over wise", and demanding. Their feminine spark dries out as they age cos they've seen too much, and have too much life issues.

If she has been single for long and reaches that age, she loses her ability to bond cos she is too used to being alone. Dangerous something.

Most guys won't make it until they hit 40. Find someone else of ur size, have a side hustle along Ur salary, e go soft later for everybody including me.

Its your type that puts undue pressure on the gullible. 29 is too old. Oya let the competition begin! Single guys, start scrambling for babes below 27 oh. N9 try cross pass 27. Maturity in marriage is more important than been naive
Re: Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? by NoToPile: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
All some are talking about is the sisi sisi issue.

I see nothing wrong if she says she will finish school before she gets married. You guys can now reach an agreement of before NYSC.

Some families will not give their daughters out till they have finished their first degree at least.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Qualities A Man Must Possess To Become A Suitable Husband / Lady Gets DM From The Girlfriend Of Man Who Uses Her As His Screen Saver / I Married My Boo This Weekend (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.