Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience (36557 Views)

My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 3:56am On Sep 17, 2021
sonymax16:
For those that have taken the so called vaccine,u are no longer a human being genetically.This mRna vaccine is a gene therapy that alter ur gene.....u become genetically modified and u now belong to someone else......ur life will never remain the same.
Cheiiii!! See loads of bullcrap, mRNA vaccine, gene therapy and genetic modifications. I'm sure you don't even know the meaning of any of those terms you used.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bepositive11: 4:37am On Sep 17, 2021
Ahmed4002:

I rather die of the vaccine shots than experiencing what covid did to me.

Wow! Didn't know it was that bad
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bepositive11: 4:39am On Sep 17, 2021
dhardline:
Let those who want to take it go ahead and those who don't should be allowed to stay without it. The vaccine does not stop you from getting covid, it's only said to reduce the symptoms. Those who have taken it can also spread it just as much if not more than those who have not taken it(it's all public knowledge, read people). In the USA last year when there was no vaccine and now when there is a vaccine and more than 60 percent already vaccinated they still have relatively the same infection rates(public knowledge once again) Isreal is about to enforce the 4th booster shot and with the way things are going there will be a 5th,6th,7th until God knows when.

In this country we rarely keep records that the public can access easily, if we do we'll notice the same things here too.

I think there will be yearly boosters or after every 6 months

The thing is immunity from the vaccine dies down after a while. It's still better to get boosters since symptoms will be less severe
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by wowdiva: 5:02am On Sep 17, 2021
yemi1504:

But if the person's BP is low nko?
A lady BP was low yesterday, from her physical appearance she looks like a SS. She was refused the vaccine. So I guess it is both ways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by placeofallure(f): 5:49am On Sep 17, 2021
I got my first jab last week Friday. I registered for it a day before. The center, somewhere in Ebute Meta, had a lil crowd, so we picked numbers at the entrance to avoid rowdiness. I got number 25. When the number got to 85 or so, they stopped giving.

It was Moderna Vaccine. My second dose will be due on 11th October. Like OP, I was asked to wait for 10 minutes after vaccination. I didn't wait though cause I was thinking I could still make office. I eventually didn't go. Not because of any effect from the vaccine, I just chose to stay back, I called my boss.

There was nothing on the first day but the hand became heavy and painful on the second day. I couldn't move it as I wanted. Then, I felt lazy or tired all through the day. I took Pcm to relieve the pain as advised by the nurse and that was it! From the 3rd day I've been back to my normal healthy self.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ahmed4002(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2021
bepositive11:

Wow! Didn't know it was that bad

My brother is very bad.
I was alone, no friends nor family nor medications, rather they say.. Let me stay at home and take any medication deem fit for me.
This is even Developed country.

Am left now with a huge bill to pay for, even there was no any treatment offered to me, had to call ambulance a certain night when I couldn't breath., but still there was no any treatment offered.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by ekoscolary: 7:17am On Sep 17, 2021
Dozis:
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

From the expiry date on your vaccination card, it seems like the vaccine you took has expired ?
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by cescky(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2021
rottennaija:

Ivermectin is sold in almost every pharmacy in Nigeria. Unlike in the US, where they don't want to hear the world ivermectin, doctors actually prescribed it here and it is easy to get.

Some pharmacies sell them quite expensive. The first pharmacy I bought sold N150/1tab and I needed to get enough for a 5 days. I eventually found a place I could get N30/tab.

If you can snap the container of the ivermectin, I could figure out.

Ok.. They actually sold per tablet.. Ie they removed from the box and sold individually, so i didn't get the pack.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2021
cescky:

Ok.. They actually sold per tablet.. Ie they removed from the box and sold individually, so i didn't get the pack.

Ok. Maybe you can snap the tablet. Let's see.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bepositive11: 8:49am On Sep 17, 2021
Ahmed4002:

My brother is very bad.
I was alone, no friends nor family nor medications, rather they say.. Let me stay at home and take any medication deem fit for me.
This is even Developed country.

Am left now with a huge bill to pay for, even there was no any treatment offered to me, had to call ambulance a certain night when I couldn't breath., but still there was no any treatment offered.

Unbelievable. Which country is that?

Glad that you were able to recover. Must've been very scary
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Mailthaddeus(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2021
malcom1X:

You are the funny one here, how many booster shots do you need to become fully vaccinated? 4, 5, 6, 8.
Israel one of the most vaccinated country in the world are seeing rising cases of Covid 19. They are going on their fourth booster shots and their health minister said anyone who has had 2 shots will be considered UNVACCINATED. (Google it)

All these for a virus with 99 percent survival rate.

Note it does not even protect you from the virus or give immunity.
Moderna has been trying to do trials on humans (modernize) that's where the name comes from.

They said on their website that they are giving you a new immune system which means they are destroying your immune system. You'll need boosters for life or you'll get sick. When rainy season comes, you'll become sick because you don't have an immune system so you'll need to get booster shots.

Read moderna official website.

They even said you shouldn't trust their Vaccines

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-protection-wanes-makes-case-booster-2021-09-15/

Here read here too

It's not even a vaccine. It's a gene therapy.

This guy, stop spreading ignorance. This is a drug approved my WHO and various Federal drug regulatory agency of various countries. I live in Australia, and it took the Australian Government months of investigation to approve this as safe for use(Pizer and Astrazenica had been d only one administered here). And besides, this is a screenshot from the Mordena website. This drug provides 96% immunity to Covid and it nowhere claims to be 100% effective. Just like u take antimalaria drug and still fall sick to malaria.

This is a new technology that has been on research since 2010. Don't take, maybe cos u don't have a close family who had died of Covid.. And maybe u think all those street deaths in China, Brazil and India are all for show. Keep spreading ignorance. Don't take it, no one is forcing u, but don't spread ignorance.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ahmed4002(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2021
bepositive11:

Unbelievable. Which country is that?

Glad that you were able to recover. Must've been very scary

DE
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Sharmeenator(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2021
I think Africans should take it easy with these covid vaccines. For a virus that has 99% survival rate and very low death rate in Africa compared to other continents of the world, I don't see the great need for the rush to take these vaccines.

Astrazeneca and Moderna vaccines have been embroiled in different controversies due to how fast they came about. Compared to other vaccines that took years to be developed and tested, I will rather wait to see the long time effect and give my immune system the chance to fight the virus on it's own.

Let's not forget the increased rate of sickness amongst Nigerians since last year. I was sick twice and I got treated without visiting any hospital. I know so many people who also fell sick in my family and neighborhood that also got better.

I think we should just give the immune system a chance to fight rather than ingesting what you are not sure of it's long term effect. We live in a wicked world by the way with many elites hell-bent on reducing humans population.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by cescky(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2021
rottennaija:

Ok. Maybe you can snap the tablet. Let's see.

Lol
No wahala ill try later

If you still have issues locating melatolin and niacin.. Perhaps theres a way i can help.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2021
cescky:

Lol
No wahala ill try later

If you still have issues locating melatolin and niacin.. Perhaps theres a way i can help.

Ok.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by abiolag(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2021
yemi1504:

Which vaccine was your first dose? The vaccine name is on your vaccination card. If you have not taken any one, yes, the vaccine you took for the first dose will be the same vaccine for the second dose. You can ask specifically for the Moderna one, that is most common vaccine in this vaccination phase.
Thanks. I took Moderna as my first dose
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by sonymax16(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2021
Dozis:

Cheiiii!! See loads of bullcrap, mRNA vaccine, gene therapy and genetic modifications. I'm sure you don't even know the meaning of any of those terms you used.
no need to engage u.U have condemned ur body and soul.Go to telegram and search for American frontline doctors.u will get the info u need.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by sonymax16(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2021
Aidejay:
abeg mention the severe complications. Let's do a checklist. And how long in the future can you put a specific date.
Go to telegram and search for American frontline doctors.You will get all the info u need about the grave dangers of this vaccine
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bepositive11: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Ahmed4002:

DE

Germany shocked

I thought they had a good health care system. Stay safe bro
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by yemi1504: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2021
abiolag:

Thanks. I took Moderna as my first dose

Then Moderna will be the second dose. Check the date of the second dose (next vaccination) on your vaccination card.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by yemi1504: 11:20am On Sep 17, 2021
wowdiva:

A lady BP was low yesterday, from her physical appearance she looks like a SS. She was refused the vaccine. So I guess it is both ways

Okay. Thanks.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by FreeIgboho: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2021
atonement12:
Efulefu! Confused and desperate donkey! grin

Forget all that. We just need you to drop a lunatic conspiracy theory for us
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by koyyess: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2021
Almajoon:
Help everyone. I sell clothe in alaba. I am looking for free cloth to sell. I am hungry. This is the type of shirt I want to sell in alaba. Proof below.

[s][/s]

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by malcom1X: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2021
Mailthaddeus:

This guy, stop spreading ignorance. This is a drug approved my WHO and various Federal drug regulatory agency of various countries. I live in Australia, and it took the Australian Government months of investigation to approve this as safe for use(Pizer and Astrazenica had been d only one administered here). And besides, this is a screenshot from the Mordena website. This drug provides 96% immunity to Covid and it nowhere claims to be 100% effective. Just like u take antimalaria drug and still fall sick to malaria.

This is a new technology that has been on research since 2010. Don't take, maybe cos u don't have a close family who had died of Covid.. And maybe u think all those street deaths in China, Brazil and India are all for show. Keep spreading ignorance. Don't take it, no one is forcing u, but don't spread ignorance.

Why are they not Street deaths in Nigeria?
Why is Edo state forcing people to take the vaccine when Lagos with the biggest stats is not doing such?

https://www.nairaland.com/6757373/covid-19-edo-state-denies-unvaccinated/1

We're civil servants dieing in Edo state in droves?

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by malcom1X: 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mailthaddeus:

Bill gates is the biggest donor to WHO

https://www.politico.eu/article/bill-gates-who-most-powerful-doctor/
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
malcom1X:

Why are they not Street deaths in Nigeria?
Why is Edo state forcing people to take the vaccine when Lagos with the biggest stats is not doing such?

https://www.nairaland.com/6757373/covid-19-edo-state-denies-unvaccinated/1

We're civil servants dieing in Edo state in droves?

I hope you know Nigeria don't take statistical database serious? The same way they keep publishing population data without ever counting anyone. A friend of mine was hospitalised in Lagos due to covid and was shocked to see how many people are suffering from it. Thank God he recovered after treatment.

USA is the largest funder of WHO, not bill gate. And what's wrong in donating to Health care? Where is all these ignorance coming from? U have been using Bill Gates's product since u were a kid. U use Microsoft office to do ur project and used his windows OS. Yet u didn't die. What exactly are u guys saying?
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bjtinz: 12:06am On Sep 18, 2021
sonymax16:
[s]For those that have taken the so called vaccine,u are no longer a human being genetically.This mRna vaccine is a gene therapy that alter ur gene.....u become genetically modified and u now belong to someone else......ur life will never remain the same[/s].

Lol. So what will I become? Olodo

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bjtinz: 12:10am On Sep 18, 2021
sonymax16:

no need to engage u.U have condemned ur body and soul.Go to telegram and search for American frontline doctors.u will get the info u need.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bjtinz: 12:12am On Sep 18, 2021
sonymax16:

[s]no need to engage u.U have condemned ur body and soul.Go to telegram and search for American frontline doctors.u will get the info u need[/s].

Isnt it time you jobless, low IQed folks spend your time on more productive ventures?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seven Diseases Acquired Via MouthAction / UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth / Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.