Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. (33617 Views)

Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR / 19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / Lady Celebrates Her Parent's 34th Wedding Anniversary With These PDA Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:
My girlfriend from the neighborhood got pregnant for me last month, though we are both young still living under our parents roof.
I told my parent's about the situation, they were both happy at least they having a grandchild, but was surprised when my girlfriend called me last night, that her mom says first thing tomorrow morning They going to the hospital to do an Abortion.

I asked her why, she said her mom says am a tout, a street dog, over her dead body would she let her daughter bore my child.

Am thinking about taking community youths to their house this evening.

Ps: her mom is troublesome the whole community knows her just because her husband is wealthy, wouldn't want to go with my parent's and she start insulting them.

My parents are ready to assist me in taking care of the child.

Am 19.
I do menial jobs
I also tear tickets in a popular junction in my town.
That's council related.
(Hoping to further my studies next year)

The reason she's doing this, because am not a rich Yahoo boy that drives benz, but still
I can't let them abort my child.
You are a tout, thug, Agbero ragamuffin. You nack and impregnate somebody's daughter without the consent of her mother and you went ahead to threaten the family.
You impregnate a girl anyhow and expect the girl's family to be happy for her to being nacked especially by a tout. You do really think you are doing her family a favour by talking like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by TheGift: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
armadeo:

Guy, he has no rights in this case. Non at all. No court would even answer you because legally you have no rights with the girl.

They can even have the child and give the child their surname. Nothing you fit do. Only to shout up and down and feed some corner lawyer.

You obviously don’t know the Civil and Criminal Laws that relate to this case. You speak as a Layman.
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by pho: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
You both have made a mistake but it's good you are talking responsibility and having a supportive parents that want to help. Like an adage u don't beat a child and through him away with the birth water so am not going to condemn u in any way cause we all are not perfect.
I will advice you don't take boys to the girl's mother house cause this will further confirm her perception about you.
It's better you discuss the issues further with your parents so that they can meet with the girls parents and let them know your plans for the girl and the unborn child.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by mariahAngel(f): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mercychen:

I'm not job shaming him. Just explaining to the guy asking questions that the nature of his job is why the "woman" is tagging him those names.

By the way, I did my very first job at 19. (Front desk personnel) before furthering in my education. So, yes, 19yr olds work in Nigeria

The question was how many?
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Lamanii22(f): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:

So you are supporting the abortion.
They should kill my child, because am young and poor.
Is that it.

Sorry I will not let that happen.

Oh wow! I know you're young and all but I like your courage, I must say... If your parents are willing to help then I must say you shouldn't allow them abort that baby.... You should also know that taking care of a baby is not easy, you need so much money... Buying diapers, baby food is not child's play... Would you be able to go through with the stress?

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by mamarazi(f): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
[quote author=Ayanwukoma post=105969225]

It's because am not a rich Yahoo boy that's why.

The girl loves me, her parents just forcing her to do the abortion.

When she called yesterday she was crying, I can tell from her voice she don't want to.

Yes am entitled, it's my child.

I won't let it happen.

My only question is why do you keep going back to yahoo boy?
Am not understanding �
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by GistFullGround: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2021

Really

Are you so daft?

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Instead of you to look for money and give them to abort the thing sharp sharp you're busy making noise here..... young man if not that you're probably deranged how do you expect to take care of a baby without work or a house no business prospects or you think say na magic go feed the pikin. Please don't make that child pay for your foolishness go and abort before it's too late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by JovialJune(f): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
DMerciful:
But you praised Davido when he had Imade at prob 19.

While I don't support this guy's action, we shouldn't have double standards!

Proof? Screenshot? Link?

2 Likes

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Lamanii22(f): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:
are you saying I should go myself?

Do you think her parents will listen to me, they've already concluded am no good.

Should I go there and start crying, weeping for my own offspring?

No sir, I rather go to the community youths and make it a public matter.

I didn't kill anybody, it's my child am fighting for.

Omoor... Your courage though... Are you an only child or the firstborn? You must be a strong headed person

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by HelipsTech: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Everyone is attacking you, they forgot that you had a consentual sex, so the mistake was done by you both.

Most person would not understand until they impregnate a girl.
It takes a lot of courage to terminate your child regardless of the situation you are.

Bro I will not condemn you, because I am in your situation now, but I am older than you.

Abortion is never an option, never allow her go for it because her life is at the line, and you could enter a bigger problem than this if she dies.
The deed has been done, go with your family to meet her family, and a common ground should be reached. If they insists on abortion, sign an agreement not to be held responsible if anything happens to her.

Try and figure out how you take care of them.
On the long run you be happy seeing your child.
No go fight den

Some persons claiming saints here aborts all there children without remorse but are quick to rubbish you.
Some persons would not also have children too, but God has given us, although we facilitated ours at the wrong time,

Trust me we can still be what we want to, she too can, dreams die when we die.

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Tombilly(m): 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
Life is sacred and the dignity of every human must be preserved whether at birth, adulthood or as foetus. It's God's commandments that we shouldn't kill. Though the process might be unauthorised but to God belongs mercy and forgiveness for we all have sinned.
My advice to you;
Instead of taking community youths, I'll advice you to take the elders instead. If you go there, prostrate and remain there as you beg for their mercy. Tell them you have wronged them beyond what words can express, that for this singular reason you're ready to turn a new live. That they shouldn't take away this opportunity from you that they'll remain in your gratitude forever if they forgive you and let your baby live.
Every parent have ambition for their child your act (though collective) has and may affect that ambition so their anger now is understandable but not justifiable because no one can justify murder especially that of the innocent.

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by calcal: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
Just ask your girl not to follow them, she cannot be forced. no doctor will perform the abortion if she doesn't want it.

and again ready to report them to the authority after all your girl is not underage.
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by bepositive11: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:

The reason she's doing this, because am not a rich Yahoo boy that drives benz, but still

Please stop with this mentality. Yahoo is not the answer. Yahoo is get rich quick -- it's not sustainable in the long run. It's not ideal for a father-to-be

Instead, get educated and find a job or start a business

Based on your comments, I can see that you have a lot of drive. If you decide to go ahead and have the child, use it as a motivation to get to a better place in life

Money isn't everything. Mindset is even more important. With the right mindset, you can accomplish anything in life

Just remember that this is not only about you. It's also about your girlfriend and her parents. It's also about the child she's carrying.

I wonder how this will end, but I wish you all the best
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by clitah: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Omo na for Bank counter you dey tear the tickets abi na for road?

You no be tout jare.

No min yasef! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by BarrElChapo(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Romanoff:

Na today nyash dey back?

No sane parent will let their daughter keep that pregnancy. If the guy was level headed, it's a different thing.

No sane parent will willfully commit murder.
No sane parent will willfully kill their grand child.
No same parent will put their child in harm's way.
No sane parent will purposely set a bad precedent for their girl child.
I'm actually surprised that at your line of reasoning on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Bellgal: 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Op i hope you know what birth preparediness and complication readiness is

It's not all about being pregnant, it's about giving birth, so you need to keep money for either delivery pervaginal or delivery through cesarean section, you must know this.

Child birth comes with many challenges and alot of people don't know this, Mrs A delivered safely does not mean that Mrs B will deliver same, pregnant is very unique. Please keep money if you really want to have your baby.
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by LordErrk: 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
You're 19 and not financially nor emotionally-ready (e.g. you wanting to take the community youths to their house to fight them?) to have a child, but you're shouting she must keep the pregnancy, which is baffling. I doubt you would want the pregnancy if she were from a poor home, plus knowing fully well that yourself don't have the means to take care of a child now. I reckon your motivation for wanting the pregnancy is money-driven (the mom's husband /the girl's father being rich), although I doubt you will admit it.

Sense no go kee you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Lamanii22(f): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Ruined where? How?

They both WANT the pregnancy. They both WANT to keep the baby and are willing to face the consequences. He is not an upcoming deadbeat from every indication, and he's not running away to turn her into a single mom, dumping the responsibilities on her and whatever.

His parents are very accepting and VERY happy and are willing to take care of the child and provide everything he/they need to support...what more?

The deed has been done. Only the mother needs convincing... I see no other issue here? I really cannot see any mess y'all are seeing.

Back in the days actually, according to your cultures, 'baba lo ni omo.' The baby ''belongs'' to the father and it is his family that go to request for the girl's hand in marriage and bring her back to their house. Yeah, things are slightly different nowadays, but they get married that much earlier - if we are going to tow the 'our forefathers'' path. He hasn't done anything out of culture, as a woman's fertility is even required to be proven before any rites in some instances. The whites termed it ''immorality''. That some of the people condemning the boy here do all the time.

It is a wanted pregnancy, and very much his as with the girl.

Even me... I didn't even see any mess here... I know it's best to stay chaste and all but then they decided to fast track their lives.... He is even willing to accept it... What if he ran away... He is up for it... His parents are even aware... Yoruba will say "abushey ti bushey"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by enemyofprogress: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
Her parents have every right to flush out the foetus. Go and face your studies and lead pussssies for the elders
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
Is either this op is using this thread to catch cruise it never happened or

I don forget self.
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Ayanwukoma: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
HelipsTech:
Everyone is attacking you, they forgot that you had a consentual sex, so the mistake was done by you both.

Most person would not understand until they impregnate a girl.
It takes a lot of courage to terminate your child regardless of the situation you are.

Bro I will not condemn you, because I am in your situation now, but I am older than you.

Abortion is never an option, never allow her go for it because her life is at the line, and you could enter a bigger problem than this if she dies.
The deed has been done, go with your family to meet her family, and a common ground should be reached. If they insists on abortion, sign an agreement not to be held responsible if anything happens to her.

Try and figure out how you take care of them.
On the long run you be happy seeing your child.
No go fight den

Some persons claiming saints here aborts all there children without remorse but are quick to rubbish you.
Some persons would not also have children too, but God has given us, although we facilitated ours at the wrong time,

Trust me we can still be what we want to, she too can, dreams die when we die.

Thanks very much.

2 Likes

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Ayanwukoma: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tombilly:
Life is sacred and the dignity of every human must be preserved whether at birth, adulthood or as foetus. It's God's commandments that we shouldn't kill. Though the process might be unauthorised but to God belongs mercy and forgiveness for we all have sinned.
My advice to you;
Instead of taking community youths, I'll advice you to take the elders instead. If you go there, prostrate and remain there as you beg for their mercy. Tell them you have wronged them beyond what words can express, that for this singular reason you're ready to turn a new live. That they shouldn't take away this opportunity from you that they'll remain in your gratitude forever if they forgive you and let your baby live.
Every parent have ambition for their child your act (though collective) has and may affect that ambition so their anger now is understandable but not justifiable because no one can justify murder especially that of the innocent.

Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by adedayourt(m): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:
My girlfriend from the neighborhood got pregnant for me last month, though we are both young still living under our parents roof.
I told my parent's about the situation, they were both happy at least they having a grandchild, but was surprised when my girlfriend called me last night, that her mom says first thing tomorrow morning They going to the hospital to do an Abortion.

I asked her why, she said her mom says am a tout, a street dog, over her dead body would she let her daughter bore my child.

Ps: her mom is troublesome the whole community knows her just because her husband is wealthy, wouldn't want to go with my parent's and she start insulting them.

Am 19.
I do menial jobs
That's council related.

Her mum was right afterall.

You are actually a tout no cap but rather than see the words of the min as an opportunity to turn a new leave. Sit with the parent and have a deep discussion of how you intend to plan out ur life and give the baby a good life. You planning of taking the street youth to the parents house.

How foolish of you.

I do not subscribe to abortion but if I was the girls parent, she would have the baby and not a fly from your household would come near or know the whereabout of the child and the mother.

If you do continue in this path you have threaded, I don't see you being a responsible father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Sotland: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:

So I should let them go and abort my child tomorrow?
Sorry sir I can't do that, even though am young I will fight for my right.

That child is my offspring, I won't let her mom terminate it because of her assumptions about me.

We are both same age groups, I am older than her with 3 months

She called me crying, I can't tell from her voice she doesn't want to do it.

ABORTION IS A NO NO FOR HERE.. However, do you honestly think you have a say over the girl or the pregnancy? Did you pay her bride price to claim the pregnancy?

JUST because you got her pregnant does not give you a right even over the child is born... This is just the bitter TRUTH
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by quota45: 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:

Am 19.
I do menial jobs
That's council related.

When coming to NL to ask for advice you have to be very careful not to let bitter people steer you wrongly. Her mom is more worried about the stigma more than the health of her child due to your status in society. Some people commenting here today were also pregnancies that happened unexpectedly which either resulted in both parties getting married or things were put in place to cater to the matter. So my guy talk to your girl and see if she is really willing to keep this pregnancy and if so, be a man,fight and prove this woman wrong. Let your girl know that this abortion can even damage her womb and it can even affect her chances when she eventually decides to have kids. The ball is in your court and its time for you to show everyone that you are ready to be a father.

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Abuchey o buchey kánkán,that girl mother saw it all the guy no be nice guy assume this even happen in one eastern side,
Lamanii22:

Even me... I didn't even see any mess here... I know it's best to stay chaste and all but then they decided to fast track their lives.... He is even willing to accept it... What if he ran away... He is up for it... His parents are even aware... Yoruba will say "abushey ti bushey"
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Midas01: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cut yourself some slack and give yourself sense while at that. Nigerian guys are not just cheap, they're absolutely free. To the point that they'd even do a mad woman on the street hasn't showered in years and this is evident everywhere.

So , who's cheaper now ?
Davash222:

When we told you sex with a Nigerian girl is cheaper than a satchet of weed you think say we no no wetin we dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by Romanoff(f): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
BarrElChapo:

No sane parent will willfully commit murder.
No sane parent will willfully kill their grand child.
No same parent will put their child in harm's way.
No sane parent will purposely set a bad precedent for their girl child.
I'm actually surprised that at your line of reasoning on this matter.

I surprise myself every day as well and I am begining to be more rational.

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by rickdaking(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
Davash222:

You have dreams of impregnating people's daughter
give him a break, he seems serious

1 Like

Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by jaxxy(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ayanwukoma:

So you are supporting the abortion.
They should kill my child, because am young and poor.
Is that it.

Sorry I will not let that happen.

U impregnated a teenager who is still under her family’s full care who isn’t married to u and ur talking about my child??
Re: Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. by poweredcom(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
The poster is a marlians and a tour indeed

But the way he typed the post on nairaland shows he has some level of intelligence

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Mother Of 4 Remarries, Walks Down The Aisle By Son (Photos) / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price / What I Witnessed Last Night!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.