Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886388 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
olanshi: A strong testimony was given today by one of our nairaland member, he got a German Student visa without having any sponsor.. The only sponsor he told the Consular he has is Jesus! Believe me, he was given a Visa without any further questioning...

I know you are reading this message, God is really wonderful!

To God be the Glory! You can achieve the extra-ordinary by his grace, and all protocol can be broken because of you... Give a trial, don't relent and God is always with us!
and who is the nairalander?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
candyboi:

Hello bro hw did u go abt dem? Wnt to do d sme tin.
your question is ambiguous, about what exactly? the schools or transcript?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Beebee finally bought me beer today .More grease to your elbow.it was nice meeting you today bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
Godson201333: Beebee finally bought me beer today .More grease to your elbow.it was nice meeting you today bro
Dat na small thing now haba....lol it was nice meeting you anyway cheers.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
As I have posted here before, all applicants and present students studying in Germany should learn programming languages or technical softwares like CAD and Matrices. This is the easiest way to get a student Assistanship job in the University and this gives you flexible time complimentarily to your studies and adds up to your job experiences rather than husslling for menial jobs.
STEM courses(Science, Technology,Engineering and Mathematics) are what I will recommend for potential students; this is where your technical skills are needed in the job market (Even with your language deficiencies), as you don't wanna compete with Germans for non-technical jobs. Germans may proclaim to be open to immigrants, but these immigrants are mostly from other EU countries and not people of colour.
I am conducting a part of my thesis research with partner university in Denmark and I will recommend the Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland) for other candidates as these nations are also tuition free and more open to immigrants (people of colour) than the Germans and you could enter the job markets with your English skills. Everyone in the street and organisation respond to you in English and you don't struggle with communication. These countries are also tuition free and you dont have to pay monthly health insurance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
As I have posted here before, all applicants and present students studying in Germany should learn programming languages or technical softwares like CAD and Matrices. This is the easiest way to get a student Assistanship job in the University and this gives you flexible time complimentarily to your studies and adds up to your job experiences rather than husslling for menial jobs.
STEM courses(Science, Technology,Engineering and Mathematics) are what I will recommend for potential students; this is where your technical skills are needed in the job market (Even with your language deficiencies), as you don't wanna compete with Germans for non-technical jobs. Germans may proclaim to be open to immigrants, but these immigrants are mostly from other EU countries and not people of colour.
I am conducting a part of my thesis research with partner university in Denmark and I will recommend the Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland) for other candidates as these nations are also tuition free and more open to immigrants (people of colour) than the Germans and you could enter the job markets with your English skills. Everyone in the street and organisation respond to you in English and you don't struggle with communication. These countries are also tuition free and you dont have to pay monthly health insurance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
nachie20: It's real great seeing Nigerians helping one another and success stories based on DIY. Been following the thread since April but it's my first comment cos I plan to apply next year.
Congrats to Aflynvir, ganasy, LillyGemm et al.

Thank you very much nachie 20 smiley!!!!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
jejet: As I have posted here before, all applicants and present students studying in Germany should learn programming languages or technical softwares like CAD and Matrices. This is the easiest way to get a student Assistanship job in the University and this gives you flexible time complimentarily to your studies and adds up to your job experiences rather than husslling for menial jobs.

Thanks a lot for the info!!! Sweden is no longer tuition free for non EU/EEA citizens. Only PhDs are tuition free for everyone. Check this link http://www.studyinsweden.se/How-To-Apply/Fees-and-costs/ . Sweden started charging non EU/EEA citizens two years ago in 2011, check here http://www.studyinsweden.se/Home/News-archive/2010/Tuition-fees-from-2011/
Re: German Embassy And Visa by candyboi: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ogbeche77: your question is ambiguous, about what exactly? the schools or transcript?

The skuls sha nd hw I cn apply. Thnks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
LillyGemm:

Thanks a lot for the info!!! Sweden is no longer tuition free for non EU/EEA citizens. Only PhDs are tuition free for everyone. Check this link http://www.studyinsweden.se/How-To-Apply/Fees-and-costs/ . Sweden started charging non EU/EEA citizens two years ago in 2011, check here http://www.studyinsweden.se/Home/News-archive/2010/Tuition-fees-from-2011/
Lily...Have you found an accomodation in munich?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
aroyem4u:

Bro, is it not possible to work as a research assistant job in the university Is it a day dream to hope that one will get a student assistant job and not have to do menial stuffs?

If u won work as assistance u will need to work for long and u knw students have limited time u an work for.. It's always 20hrs a week. So na part time jobs students do..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dehonourable: Helo frnds. Pls ar there any naira lander in any of dis schls; Uni of applied sciences Offenburg, Flensburg uni of applied sciences, bremrhaven uni of applied science & uni of magdeburg? I will like to apply for Msc. Chemical/process engr. Pls, I will like to knw more in terms of admissn competitiveness, Location, students job. Tanx
let smone pls respond to dis....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
You are allowed to work 120 full days or 240 half days in a year. If you want to work more than 120 full or 240 half days you need the approval of the Employment Agency and the Aliens Department. One exception, however, is the occupation of academic or student assistant. As long as your studies are not impaired by it, this work can be carried out for an unlimited period of time. The Aliens Department must still be informed.

To get a student assistanship position, browse through the research page of your university website and look for working groups. See which area of these working groups you have expertise; laboratory experiences, data analysis softwares, coding, etc. Write to the head of the working group and state your intent of working as a student assistant and what you have to contribute to the research project. Believe me, these researchers need technical skills. From Experience.
topeajis:

If u won work as assistance u will need to work for long and u knw students have limited time u an work for.. It's always 20hrs a week. So na part time jobs students do..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
LillyGemm:

Even the people in Finland are complaining about job.. I have a bro int he country before he see job to sustain him self he try nt just. About goin to study but also wat to do to sustain...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
a friend of my had his German student visa interview on 19th of July,2013 and up till today embassy have not mailed him concerning his acceptance or rejection. pls dose it mean that the embassy will not give him visa or what?. pls I need contributions.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
jejet: You are allowed to work 120 full days or 240 half days in a year. If you want to work more than 120 full or 240 half days you need the approval of the Employment Agency and the Aliens Department. One exception, however, is the occupation of academic or student assistant. As long as your studies are not impaired by it, this work can be carried out for an unlimited period of time. The Aliens Department must still be informed.

To get a student assistanship position, browse through the research page of your university website and look for working groups. See which area of these working groups you have expertise; laboratory experiences, data analysis softwares, coding, etc. Write to the head of the working group and state your intent of working as a student assistant and what you have to contribute to the research project. Believe me, these researchers need technical skills. From Experience.

@ jejet before u can do dis u must be sound with the language how many people for dis tread Sabi the language befor goin to study... Sheba person way no Sabi ich na I'm them go allow work for lab ni abi wat u saying...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by joeblack21: 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Angel Diamond:

If you have lost your original birth certificate you can go do affidavit and then go to get your NPC birth certificate.........this applies to anyone born before or after NPC is been used........In other words, if you have been born way before the use of NPC for example in 1977 and have lost your original birth certificate you must do affidavit because a clause on it says : At the time of your birth, your birth certificate was originally registered but later got lost.
Afterwards, you can go get the new NPC certificate and you must to the Embassy with both ( affidavit and NPC).....for those of you born before 1992 and still have your original birth cert, just know you can go to the Embassy with it and for those born after 1992, you must go to the Embassy with NPC.
Thanks a lot for ur reply,I feel relieved.I ve collected the NPC attestation of birth certificate but it was my mum that swore the affidavit,should also do another affidavit bearing my name.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Tope,
The language of Science is English, Thats why research papers are only published in English. This is your niche, Germans are much willing they could write their research thesis in English. Getting research assistant position does not always require language proficiency. Thats why I've been emphasizing that guys develop technical skills to have an edge in a society like this. You cant expect to get positions that require just paper works, of course germans fit that profile than you are. Also remember that to be recognised, you have to be at least twice smarter than a german counterpart.
topeajis:

@ jejet before u can do dis u must be sound with the language how many people for dis tread Sabi the language befor goin to study... Sheba person way no Sabi ich na I'm them go allow work for lab ni abi wat u saying...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
suckermaterial: a friend of my had his German student visa interview on 19th of July,2013 and up till today embassy have not mailed him concerning his acceptance or rejection. pls dose it mean that the embassy will not give him visa or what?. pls I need contributions.
has he checked his spam mail?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
candyboi:

The skuls sha nd hw I cn apply. Thnks
I visited daad.de, and shortlisted schools who offered the courses I'm interested in studying, I contacted each dept through mail asking for pre requisites and procedures for admission, they got my reply.. And links to various pages from the school sites which are helpful
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
topeajis:

I stand to be corrected but from what I read while doing my research about masters in germany I found that whatever work u do as a graduate assistant for a masters student is not part of the maximum 20hrs a week a student can work. Your work as a graduate assistant is regarded as part of ur academic work, but since u r there u can explain how it really works to us here for us to learn. U can read more on it on www.daad.de
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunene3(m): 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
aflynvir: mAke sure you use your PERSONAL card o! Cos, you'll present it at the airport
What if you pay cash in their office
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 1:39am On Sep 10, 2013
topeajis:
Na just accommodation und insurance he need na.. And accommodation they had dis time well well...
I had accommodation before I came and I have received the contract. . . The owner of the house said she would go with me to the Ausländerbehorde on Tuesday (today)... Must I have a health insurance before going there? She says we can also go to the city hall together
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 1:42am On Sep 10, 2013
Angel Diamond:

I de hunt for friends for Germany ooo.........abeg where is ur university.....is it in North Rhine Westphalia??
yeah... where do you stay?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 10, 2013
steelie: Lily...Have you found an accomodation in munich?

Steelie, that accommodation issue is a nightmare!!! I haven't found anything yet sad but I have been told that it's easier to get one when you are there because most landlords want to see the potential tenants in person. I'm still looking though and have applied for the University accommodation and to some hostels. However, there is always a waiting list for University accommodation at my Uni.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 1:45am On Sep 10, 2013
Angel Diamond:

pls what will happen if you do not have your card with u?
you have to prove it is your credit card. ....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bamyet: 5:42am On Sep 10, 2013
Hello everyone, I will like to help my younger sister to secure German student visa, I have few questions to ask and I will like if you can help:

1; Can she be admitted to study English Language Degree course with her ND result in Civil Engineering?

2: I have a friend In Germany ready to sponsor her, can we use him?

3: Can you advise me of schools that can accept and when?

Many Thanks In advance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2013
pfanen360:
I had accommodation before I came and I have received the contract. . . The owner of the house said she would go with me to the Ausländerbehorde on Tuesday (today)... Must I have a health insurance before going there? She says we can also go to the city hall together

U will go to Rathaus before going to auslander. Bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:43am On Sep 10, 2013
kunene3:
What if you pay cash in their office

Yes book on hold print your confirmation out and pay in cash at their office...Do they even accept paying online by NigeriansCos i normally buy mine from Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2013
olanshi: A strong testimony was given today by one of our nairaland member, he got a German Student visa without having any sponsor.. The only sponsor he told the Consular he has is Jesus! Believe me, he was given a Visa without any further questioning...

I know you are reading this message, God is really wonderful!

To God be the Glory! You can achieve the extra-ordinary by his grace, and all protocol can be broken because of you... Give a trial, don't relent and God is always with us!

The message would have been better passed without a fake story. In the process of preaching, u told a lie and that is a also a sin. We all know God is able but we need proof of ur testimony
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2013
aroyem4u:

I stand to be corrected but from what I read while doing my research about masters in germany I found that whatever work u do as a graduate assistant for a masters student is not part of the maximum 20hrs a week a student can work. Your work as a graduate assistant is regarded as part of ur academic work, but since u r there u can explain how it really works to us here for us to learn. U can read more on it on www.daad.de

Man U correct but that wat u read brother theory is diff from practical to be a grad assistance u must have a very good interaction with ur lecturers but remember their are student that did their bsc in same school and same prog don't u think they will have upper hand than u.. Personally I can't even disturb ma self doin the grad assistance cos u will hardly see a new student doin it.. And the language self na die.. Godson pls come in here am I correct
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2013
topeajis:

Man U correct but that wat u read brother theory is diff from practical to be a grad assistance u must have a very good interaction with ur lecturers but remember their are student that did their bsc in same school and same prog don't u think they will have upper hand than u.. Personally I can't even disturb ma self doin the grad assistance cos u will hardly see a new student doin it.. And the language self na die.. Godson pls come in here am I correct

You are very correct oo...I was with the Beebee500 yesterday....I hope to come Berlin soon when i get small hols,Our okotoberfest dey load for here..lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.