Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884296 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Thanks everyone o. Thanks to the dude that talked of confirmation sent to spam mail. I checked my spam mail imediatel and saw my confirmation there.
This is how I did my transfer.
I opened a savings account with union bank. Credited the account with about 1.835 M
Went to the bank and told them about the transfer I wanted to do . The friend in charge gave me a form called FORM A to fill of which I filled in the details. In the mode of transfer section of the form, I wrote TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER. After that, he gave me a plane sheet of paper where I wrote a letter addressed to the branch manager, asking him/her to debit from my account the naira equivalent of 8090Euros and credit it to my deustchebank account( at this point I filled in all the details in the letter sent by deustchebank as confirmation for opening account with them). I also wrote the purpose of payment as fees and living cost for visa.
After that, I gave the man soft copies of the following;
1. my admission letter
2. letter sent by deustchebank confirming my account opening.
3. Scanned international passport
4. First degree certificate.
After submitting all these documents and doing all that, I left.
The exchange rate used for me was 219.5
Charges were okay.
I didn't buy any euro from anywhere or anyone
I have got my confirmation of deposit stating my account was credited with 8105 Euros.
Thanks all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 12:39am On Sep 05, 2014
Banks differ people shld try union bank then I used stanbic. But I was unable to convert it in the bank since my admission letter. Stated nothing about living expense but someone mentioned 213 earlier which is a great bargain but I doubt any mallam wld change @ dat price trust me bank rates are better than black market so people shld go for union bank then
phucado: Thanks everyone o. Thanks to the dude that talked of confirmation sent to spam mail. I checked my spam mail imediatel and saw my confirmation there.
I opened a savings account with union bank. Credited the account with about 1.835 M
Went to the bank and told them about the transfer I wanted to do . The friend in charge gave me a form called FORM A to fill of which I filled in the details. In the mode of transfer section of the form, I wrote TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER. After that, he gave me a plane sheet of paper where I wrote a letter addressed to the branch manager, asking him/her to debit from my account the naira equivalent of 8090Euros and credit it to my deustchebank account( at this point I filled in all the details in the letter sent by deustchebank as confirmation for opening account with them). I also wrote the purpose of payment as fees and living cost for visa.
1. my admission letter
Charges were okay.
I have got my confirmation of deposit stating my account was credited with 8105 Euros.
Thanks all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 3:42am On Sep 05, 2014
phucado: Thanks everyone o. Thanks to the dude that talked of confirmation sent to spam mail. I checked my spam mail imediatel and saw my confirmation there.
1. my admission letter
Charges were okay.
Thanks all.
U are PHUCADO for real......lolz. What's is the duration frm d time u apply for opening of d acct @ union bank to the time u received a confirmation msg frm DB dat ur acct has been credited? Tanx.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2014
jaydeemourg:
U are PHUCADO for real......lolz. What's is the duration frm d time u apply for opening of d acct @ union bank to the time u received a confirmation msg frm DB dat ur acct has been credited? Tanx.
It should take u at most 3 days after you initiated the transfer process. You don't start the process until your account is opened. As for how long it took them to open account for me. Na just 5days
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2014
phucado:
It should take u at most 3 days after you initiated the transfer process. You don't start the process until your account is opened. As for how long it took them to open account for me. Na just 5days

5 days to open the union bank account?
That's plenty oh! cry Hope say euro no go don recover by then
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 7:45am On Sep 05, 2014
@ebele17 n @beebee5000
Thanks a million for your response.
May the blessings of the LORD overshadow u.
May God's mercies and grace envelope u
May u never lack direction. Thanks oooo
@all I hail. Those still waiting for their Admission n Visa may God give them to u.
Those going for appeal, may d LORD grant u success. Those traveling to Germany, journey mercies and GOD speed.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Belly213: @ebele17 n @beebee5000
Thanks a million for your response.
May the blessings of the LORD overshadow u.
May God's mercies and grace envelope u
May u never lack direction. Thanks oooo
@all I hail. Those still waiting for their Admission n Visa may God give them to u.
Those going for appeal, may d LORD grant u success. Those traveling to Germany, journey mercies and GOD speed.
Thanks
AMEN
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2014
Realk1:

5 days to open the union bank account?
That's plenty oh! cry Hope say euro no go don recover by then
I had a problem then, they forgot about my account opening form. I came back to remind them. Normally, if you fill the form today, you get your account no tomorrow.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Hello house plz am aving issue with Johannes Gutenberg university Mainz I'm applying for a postgraduate course(master in international economics and public policy) I already creates an account and I need to reset my password but is not going through all effort prove abortive anytime I tired to reset my password what I got is access denied anybody in the house I need ur help
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2014
phucado:
I had a problem then, they forgot about my account opening form. I came back to remind them. Normally, if you fill the form today, you get your account no tomorrow.

Ok. Nice.

Pls how long ago was the transaction made?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2014
phucado:
At the embassy or union bank? Was at the embassy for my acct opening yestady,pls how long will it take me to get my details?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
damsamty16:
At the embassy or union bank? Was at the embassy for my acct opening yestady,pls how long will it take me to get my details?
Union bank
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2014
Phucado told me 3 weeks.Since we are in this together by pace,lemme know when u get ur visa appointment and when u get ur account details.Thanks.
damsamty16:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 9:48am On Sep 05, 2014
1. my admission letter
Charges were okay.
Thanks all.

This is good. So everybody can go t Union ban for theirs First, Access and GTbanks refused to do this for me. I had to do blackmarket.
However, If you don't want Either of the above, get to banks that serve as RIA agents. Ask to do a RIA transfer. They will tell you that they can only receive money. Tell them that the rules have changed and that they should cross check. There is a new rule granting RIA rights to send money from NIGERIA! I heard the advert on the radio in abuja just before I travelled. Don't allow the cashiers or CS agents to deceive you. Insist that you heard the advert sponsored by the CBN.

I spent about #1.93mill to fund my account using the blackmarket system when I could have used RIA to deliver straight to my Deustebank account directly.

Please be wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2014
Then for those planning to travel soonest. Mehn, Germany don dey cold o. So ensure you do these:

1) Go Katland boutique buy your ''3 for #1000" hood. The thing carry style cost for here.
2) Buy your jeans for there too.
3) Leave your lappy in your luggage. Stock Ur lappy bag with Naija foodstuff.
4) If possible, don't fly Emirates. It causes jet lag and unneccessary time wastage. If you can afford it, book well ahead. There is a secret to getting cheaper prices - Return ticket valid for a year. Try them
5) Palm oil, fluids, iru/dadawa/(smelly stuffs) wont pass through scans at the airports. But there is a way around it. Send a PM for more info.

Lemmie stop here for now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2014
seunstein: Phucado told me 3 weeks.Since we are in this together by pace,lemme know when u get ur visa appointment and when u get ur account details.Thanks.
Alright bro,I will send you a PM now.
Danke!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2014
Dele,thanks for this info.will buzz u via my e-mail now.
jahjehova: Then for those planning to travel soonest. Mehn, Germany don dey cold o. So ensure you do these:

1) Go Katland boutique buy your ''3 for #1000" hood. The thing carry style cost for here.
4) If possible, don't fly Emirates. It causes jet lag and unneccessary time wastage. If you can afford it, book well ahead. There is a secret to getting cheaper prices - Return ticket valid for a year. Try them
5) Palm oil, fluids, iru/dadawa/(smelly stuffs) wont pass through scans at the airports. But there is a way around it. Send a PM for more info.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
Hi guys, I have started sending messages to some guys here.
please endeavour to reply
Danke !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2014
An emai will be most comfortable for me sir......photonlight2003@yahoo.com.
dolpaz: Hi guys, I have started sending messages to some guys here.
Danke !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2014
jahjehova: Then for those planning to travel soonest. Mehn, Germany don dey cold o. So ensure you do these:

Haah..Abeg keep enlightening us here.A lot of people will definitely benefit from ur post.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2014
dolpaz: Hi guys, I have started sending messages to some guys here.
Danke !

Done sir!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2014

Mannest man, God bless you big!
Please where's this katland boutique? by 3 for N1000 hood, d'u mean hooded tops?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2014
Realk1:

Mannest man, God bless you big!
Please where's this katland boutique? by 3 for N1000 hood, d'u mean hooded tops?

Ask people wey know. Its called KT in some quarters
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
jahjehova:

Ask people wey know. Its called KT in some quarters

I thought you knew that's why I asked you.
I'll ask around.
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
Realk1:

I thought you knew that's why I asked you.
I'll ask around.
Thanks

Ever heard of Katangwa Market in Lagos?
That's the place
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
jahjehova:

That's the place

Check ur email bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
jahjehova:

That's the place

Boss. grin
I see clearer now!
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
@dolpaz, I replied your personal message through mail yesterday, check your mail.

@jahjehovah, those info are very very useful to confine to private conversation. Help, your brethren are waiting in public desperately to hear from you. That 3 for 1k hood thing (where person fit get am) and the flight thing is still not clear. God bless you big for taking out time to help and give useful information.
Thy name is holy and thou art blessed.

@damsamty you enquired about the driving licence thing, I remembered one of our Germo elders/ogas explaining it in details. According to him, your Naija drivers licence can be switched or modified or something like that for use in Germany at an affordable cost (I guess he mentioned something around 20-30k or thereabout) but getting a fresh one in Germany can be as high as 400k according to him o. I have not confirmed myself, I will contact my people there for further information and I will sure share it with you here.

I also remembered someone asking some time ago if someone can stay and get a job after study. The answer is CAPITAL YES. You are allowed by law to stay one year to look for job. As regards that, Government are even planning to extend it because some graduates (definitely not Nigerians) perceive its not enough and leave for their respective countries. So, as a way to encourage them to stay back, a bill is in the process of being passed to make it ah! 1+6months or 2 years or thereabout, not sure exactly.

@Belly213, am happy for you. You can try Unilag Guest house (Lodge), very affordable and ok and can be less than an hour or thereabout from the embassy. In fact if not for the Lagoon, you could literally walk to the embassy from there. Because the Island is clearly visible from Lagoon front, Unilag where the guest house is located.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jahjehova(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eke40seven: @dolpaz, I replied your personal message through mail yesterday, check your mail.

@jahjehovah, those info are very very useful to confine to private conversation. Help, your brethren are waiting in public desperately to hear from you. That 3 for 1k hood thing (where person fit get am) and the flight thing is still not clear. God bless you big for taking out time to help and give useful information.
Thy name is holy and thou art blessed.

@damsamty you enquired about the driving licence thing, I remembered one of our Germo elders/ogas explaining it in details. According to him, your Naija drivers licence can be switched or modified or something like that for use in Germany at an affordable cost (I guess he mentioned something around 20-30k or thereabout) but getting a fresh one in Germany can be as high as 400k according to him o. I have not confirmed myself, I will contact my people there for further information and I will sure share it with you here.

I also remembered someone asking some time ago if someone can stay and get a job after study. The answer is CAPITAL YES. You are allowed by law to stay one year to look for job. As regards that, Government are even planning to extend it because some graduates (definitely not Nigerians) perceive its not enough and leave for their respective countries. So, as a way to encourage them to stay back, a bill is in the process of being passed to make it ah! 1+6months or 2 years or thereabout, not sure exactly.

@Belly213, am happy for you. You can try Unilag Guest house (Lodge), very affordable and ok and can be less than an hour or thereabout from the embassy. In fact if not for the Lagoon, you could literally walk to the embassy from there. Because the Island is clearly visible from Lagoon front, Unilag where the guest house is located.

y reason for saying no to emirates is this: You first fly 7 hours or more to the right to get to dubai. and then 6 hours or more (depending on the craft you board) to frankfurt(in my own case). Total flight hours was about 14-15hours. Add to that the hours you spend waiting for your connecting flight (for me twas just a lil above 2hours. I know someone who stayed 7hours waiting for her connecting flight in dubai). And then I am asking myself, what the heck?! Y not have just 10hours flight or less using Royal air maroc/ egypt air/ luftansa/ turkish airline/ ethipian air etc? Thats my reasoning though.

In my search, I have seen Luftansa return tickets (Direct flights) for between 180k-240k. If you have the money, I advise to go for it. Note, I no be Lufthansa agent o. Just thinking aloud. (I just dey imagine the luxury of their economy ticket)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
VISA GRANTED...I want to say thank you to all who have been making meaningful contributions in this forum.
I have gained a lot from here, and giving back is obligatory.

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
aoj01: VISA GRANTED...I want to say thank you to all who have been making meaningful contributions in this forum.
I have gained a lot from here, and giving back is obligatory.
congratulations
Re: German Embassy And Visa by KariKessiana: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
kennyoguns0509: Hello house plz am aving issue with Johannes Gutenberg university Mainz I'm applying for a postgraduate course(master in international economics and public policy) I already creates an account and I need to reset my password but is not going through all effort prove abortive anytime I tired to reset my password what I got is access denied anybody in the house I need ur help

Why don't you just create a new account? Or if possible create a new email to create a new account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.