Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884513 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2014
It's been a wile I have been here, I arrived a week ago and lectures have already started. My baggage allowance was just 30kg, na when I begin pack I sabi say 30kg no plenty at all. I'm settling in though.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2014
abiegirl: It's been a wile I have been here, I arrived a week ago and lectures have already started. My baggage allowance was just 30kg, na when I begin pack I sabi say 30kg no plenty at all. I'm settling in though.

Thank God for the safe arrival. Congrats and best wishes in your studies and future husle. Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2014
seunstein: Embassy isn't open for business today....just left the embassy.....for blocked account opening....was told to come back tomorrow...tho the man took down my details.
I just left the embassy now too..he told me to comeback tomorrow and I am the number 3 on the list.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2014
ebele17: Guys, how do i go about acquiring german health insurance from Nigeria here. My department sent me a mail now saying that it is all i need now to complete my enrollment. @emeka and TUM people, i need u guys help oo because my deadline is on the 15th sept

@ Ebele, you can check for the official websites of either of Mawista,AOK and Bermer Gek, they are good German health insurance for students. Read carefully via their terms and conditions and see which would suit you then,contact them via their email(s). They would be glad and fast in sending you a certificate even without paying a dime yet till you would either arrive Germany and/or till your agreed date of commencement of business with them.. Im using the Bermer Gek anyway.. They sent me a certificate same day after I contacted them here via email since my school asked me for a copy of it to do my registration from Nigeria, to become fully enrolled in my course. They only asked me few questions/documents to send them for that purpose. This should be same with others I guess so,kindly check through and make a choice from any..

My 4 spoons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2014
@ebele17....it's on my personal page too that I need to pay the 111 euros by 15th of September ....How mine is different is that Health insurance can be done when I get to Germany ...5 weeks after lectures start.I trust u know it's TUM I have been writing about.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2014
@ebele17. I also had the same issue but its been resolved. All you need do is visit mawista dot com and check out the information on their website. You can also chat with one of their representatives online as that was what I did yesterday and I was directed on how to fill the form online which I did and submitted online too. I just got a soft copy of my Health Insurance contract by email and was told the hard copy would be sent off this morning to my school in Germany. I hope this helps as that was how I went about mine and I was so stunned by the speed with which my case was handled and I am pretty sure it applies to all and sundry.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2014
abiegirl: It's been a wile I have been here, I arrived a week ago and lectures have already started. My baggage allowance was just 30kg, na when I begin pack I sabi say 30kg no plenty at all. I'm settling in though.
@abiegirl, happy to hear that.
Hope you will not forget the family still on their way.
Wishing you all the best.
30kg? just about more than half the weight of a bag of cement. How much stuff did that contain-Estimate in cloth or food terms? Lol
Which airline? How much? Destination?
God bless you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
@ebele17, let's trade information by barter. I will give you on credit, give me back when you read this message.
About your German health insurance, I think your family in Germany can acquire one on your behalf very easily. contact them right away. I remember my sponsor asking me if I need a health insurance so he can get it along with the letter once and for all but I obviously didn't need it then. So I think its very possible. or you contact the German health insurance companies online. check the one that is applicable to you first.

Aha! pay me with this info, (Opens Ebola free hands expectantly for something to drop on it looking the other way)- What magic or trick did you use to get the embassy to bring back the date of your interview earlier than initially scheduled?

Lol!!! @ magic trick. I didnt do anything. They have already given me a September date, next thing, they emailed me to say that they can give me an earlier date and the next thing i know, i am getting a date in August. Lol!!! No juju was involved oo! Because as of the time of this application, i don already sack my resident babalawo grin

The health insurance, i know my sister can get it but i dont want them to pay for it for me. I want to pay myself. How do i do that? I dont have any account there. Wouldnt i need a debit account there or can i pay from nigeria here? Do u know anybody that paid from here. How was it done?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 03, 2014
DANNIEmore:

@ Ebele, you can check for the official websites of either of Mawista,AOK and Bermer Gek, they are good German health insurance for students. Read carefully via their terms and conditions and see which would suit you then,contact them via their email(s). They would be glad and fast in sending you a certificate even without paying a dime yet till you would either arrive Germany and/or till your agreed date of commencement of business with them.. Im using the Bermer Gek anyway.. They sent me a certificate same day after I contacted them here via email since my school asked me for a copy of it to do my registration from Nigeria, to become fully enrolled in my course. They only asked me few questions/documents to send them for that purpose. This should be same with others I guess so,kindly check through and make a choice from any..

My 4 spoons

I have been to their websites, aok, tk, Union (Studentenwerk), etc. I didnt see any thing. Secondly, i dont want private insurance. I heard the coverage is not much. How do i differentiate which from which? Was your own specific? How do i know public insurance givers from Private insurance givers? Is ur own private or public?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2014
esdajo: @ebele17. I also had the same issue but its been resolved. All you need do is visit mawista dot com and check out the information on their website. You can also chat with one of their representatives online as that was what I did yesterday and I was directed on how to fill the form online which I did and submitted online too. I just got a soft copy of my Health Insurance contract by email and was told the hard copy would be sent off this morning to my school in Germany. I hope this helps as that was how I went about mine and I was so stunned by the speed with which my case was handled and I am pretty sure it applies to all and sundry.

Maybe its private insurance. How muc premium are u to pay? 30€? Did they give u coverage details? What did they tell u ur insurance covers?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
seunstein: @ebele17....it's on my personal page too that I need to pay the 111 euros by 15th of September ....How mine is different is that Health insurance can be done when I get to Germany ...5 weeks after lectures start.I trust u know it's TUM I have been writing about.

Yes ooo, its not insurance, its enrollment. My department wrote to me now. I was told that 5 weeks thing but its for delays that is if there are delays with visa processing, u can arrive on campus as late as first week in nov but u must enroll before then. And that includes doing ur insurance on time.
The 111€ is ur student union and ticket fee. I paid mine from nigeria using euro dom account transfer. It was instantaneous. The next day the thing reflected on my portal. I bought euro and made the transfer. U will also make allowances for bank charges too. Abt 26€. So dat one no be big case. Its the insurance that is giving me issues

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Oh....fantastic.Great idea.I will take a cue from that.Better I clear all the mess before arriving in Munich.Accommodation wahala alone will be more than enough to rock me then.Thanks sis.
ebele17:

Yes ooo, its not insurance, its enrollment. My department wrote to me now. I was told that 5 weeks thing but its for delays that is if there are delays with visa processing, u can arrive on campus as late as first week in nov but u must enroll before then. And that includes doing ur insurance on time.
The 111€ is ur student union and ticket fee. I paid mine from nigeria using euro dom account transfer. It was instantaneous. The next day the thing reflected on my portal. I bought euro and made the transfer. U will also make allowances for bank charges too. Abt 26€. So dat one no be big case. Its the insurance that is giving me issues
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eke40seven: The TUM and Rhine Waal families are well represented on this forum. Please, who is going to Anhalt, I'm now doubting if this place is in Germany o.
Please oh! I need family o. (miming Tupac's 'Thugs get lonely too' and Akon's 'Lonely')

I am going to anhalt eke
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
ebele17:

Lol!!! @ magic trick. I didnt do anything. They have already given me a September date, next thing, they emailed me to say that they can give me an earlier date and the next thing i know, i am getting a date in August. Lol!!! No juju was involved oo! Because as of the time of this application, i don already sack my resident babalawo grin

The health insurance, i know my sister can get it but i dont want them to pay for it for me. I want to pay myself. How do i do that? I dont have any account there. Wouldnt i need a debit account there or can i pay from nigeria here? Do u know anybody that paid from here. How was it done?
LOL
Send my sincere sympathies to your sacked Babalawo, may be you were not patient enough with him as his mystical works paid off later. Look at the response you get for every question you type. one response per letter! While person go wait for 1 decade and nothing. Don't be surprised if I changed my monicker to ebele17d second. grin
On to the business of the day, why not try what @esdajo suggested and chat with the company directly and ask whatever questions you want. Then am sure you can pay through the Euro domiciliary account or they will even put you through on that. Or I remembered you said your sister's husband works with allianz, I think that's a very big insurance company in Bavaria or you can discuss with your sister about it without even suggesting she pays. I'm sure she will even pay for it by default and you can tell her you are in her debt and pay her back when you get to Germany (*tongue in cheek, with fond memories of all the N5-5, N10-10, and N20-20, I've owed my younger brother for years and vice versa*)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
yapyap:

I am going to anhalt eke

Finally, yeah! I remember you said that one time. which school? Am going to Anhalt University. same school?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
LOL
Send my sincere sympathies to your sacked Babalawo, may be you were not patient enough with him as his mystical works paid off later. Look at the response you get for every question you type. one response per letter! While person go wait for 1 decade and nothing. Don't be surprised if I changed my monicker to ebele17d second. grin
On to the business of the day, why not try what @esdajo suggested and chat with the company directly and ask whatever questions you want. Then am sure you can pay through the Euro domiciliary account or they will even put you through on that. Or I remembered you said your sister's husband works with allianz, I think that's a very big insurance company in Bavaria or you can discuss with your sister about it without even suggesting she pays. I'm sure she will even pay for it by default and you can tell her you are in her debt and pay her back when you get to Germany (*tongue in cheek, with fond memories of all the N5-5, N10-10, and N20-20, I've owed my younger brother for years and vice versa*)

Laff wan kill me die ooo!!!! I wil ask him but if d premium is too high.............well God dey. Anyway, i sent a mail to bramer gek. Hoping they will reply fast. You are right, i will ask him. *calm now*. Thank u ooo. I was already in a panic. Lol!!!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Good day all,
please is it better to register Tofle online or to visit a testing center and register with them

Regards
Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Anybody going to Thuringia ?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
ebele17:

@seunstein and @ebele if u guys like AOK insurance,send a mail to marcel.enslen@by.aok.de introducing yourself and tell her what u need. their website is www.aok.de/bayern

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
ebele17:

I have been to their websites, aok, tk, Union (Studentenwerk), etc. I didnt see any thing. Secondly, i dont want private insurance. I heard the coverage is not much. How do i differentiate which from which? Was your own specific? How do i know public insurance givers from Private insurance givers? Is ur own private or public?

And since you've sent an email to Bermer Gek already, patiently wait their response as you get to ask whatever from them, whichever way you would like to.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
@abiegirl, happy to hear that.
Hope you will not forget the family still on their way.
Wishing you all the best.
30kg? just about more than half the weight of a bag of cement. How much stuff did that contain-Estimate in cloth or food terms? Lol
Which airline? How much? Destination?
God bless you!

Na Emirates o, had to leave a lot of my clothes behind but made sure I came with my long sleeves, flat shoes, jeans, sweaters and jackets. Food stuff, not much at all. I paid about 119k for the flight and my luggage was 2kg overweight but a kind staff at the check in counter waived it for me. The flight was to Frankfurt.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
abiegirl:

Na Emirates o, had to leave a lot of my clothes behind but made sure I came with my long sleeves, flat shoes, jeans, sweaters and jackets. Food stuff, not much at all. I paid about 119k for the flight and my luggage was 2kg overweight but a kind staff at the check in counter waived it for me. The flight was to Frankfurt.

Do they charge for extra fee for any extra kg and how much. I mean for Emirates?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=abiegirl]

my luggage was 2kg overweight but a kind staff at the check in counter waived it for me.

Hope he didn't ask for your digits? grin grin grin. Power of women.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thanks bro....U have been most helpful.God bless you sir.
geemana: @seunstein and @ebele if u guys like AOK insurance,send a mail to marcel.enslen@by.aok.de introducing yourself and tell her what u need. their website is www.aok.de/bayern
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eke40seven:
Dolpaz who go want collect assignment? LOL. You could have sent private message to people na requesting that. I'm sure you will get a positive response.
Although am a bit busy but as say you be my virtual paddy PM me but I dey harsh for my assessment o.
Veeeery harsh I repeat.
lolz...ehehehe..
No wahala, am always open to harsh comment
regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ndyoo:

Do they charge for extra fee for any extra kg and how much. I mean for Emirates?

They charge o, about $65 per kg.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
honourableseyi:

Lol! The staff was actually a she.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
seunstein: Thanks bro....U have been most helpful.God bless you sir.
amen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello people, sworn affidavit for change of name takes a few minutes at the high court right? I want to do another one.

It took 2 - 3 days when I did it about 2 years ago, although it was through one of those lawyers/notaries, I was even surcharged.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=Eke40seven]

Finally, yeah! I remember you said that one time. which school? Am going to Anhalt University. same school?[/quote

Yes same school
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
abiegirl:

@abigirl, congrates. I'm happy for u. But how exactly does dis weight tin work? i.e all ur load put together must be 30kg or 54kg? or u can take some other bags with smaller weight, pls lemme know because i just booked to Frankfurt too.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=yapyap][/quote]
I sent you a PM earlier. Is it MMH you are going for or which? Ama send you another PM now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.