Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884326 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ravensburger: 1:53am On Sep 07, 2014
no need for yelow card.
terryo1: My brothers and sisters in germany, I hail you from afar. Hope ur study is going on smoothly like okra soup and garri.
My question: Pls, was a "yellow card" required of you at the airport before travelling to germany.
Thanks in advance.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 2:16am On Sep 07, 2014
Andre09: Please House, I need help in filling out the following on the visa form:
Proposed place of residence in the Federal Republic of Germany (address)? (Cos I haven't secured one).
Do you have health insurance cover for the Federal Republic of Germany?
How many passport photograph do I need to go with and should it be stapled to the form or left free?
Possible interview questions?
Lastly, I'm coming in from Abuja, ideas of any cheap hotel on the island that I can put up.

Thanks
Check dis link for steps to fill the visa form:https://m.facebook.com/videshconsultz/posts/512107295517249.
You are to submit 3 passport photgraphs;1 to be stapled on each form and 1 loose.ensure ur passport size comply with the biometric size, get a good photographer who is well experienced in taking such passport.
Interview questions:why germany,why do u want to study ur proposed course?,what do u know abt germany?,what is ur school name?,where is it located?,how many states are in Germany(name them)?,how many bordering countries(name them)?,what have u been doing after graduatn?,what's the structure of ur course(tell them the no of semesters and the duration of ur study)?,list some course u wld be taking?,what arrangement have u made as regards ur study in Germany?, what are ur intentions after study( make dem know u wld be coming bk to naija)?,who is ur sponsor( ensure u know a lot abt ur sponsor)?.why that ch?,documents u submitted b4 u were granted admission and document d school sent back after offering u admission?,what do u know abt d city u are going?have u paid ur sch fees?. Hope dis helps....Try to know the date on ur certificates and be consistent in ur answers cos u might be askd a question more dan 1c.Go along wit ur visa fee-N13k.Al the best

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 6:52am On Sep 07, 2014
seunstein: @geemana......for now,I don't know any yet.Only private placements by my department alumni.Thanks for this useful piece of information.
@seunstein do u think the owners of those houses would like u guys to pack urselves in their houses.a beg if its possible,me self no mind o.one alumni I Met said its better u search for yourself.that's what most people have been saying, even the Germans.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jesufantastic: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2014
correctguy0900: Thanks everyone for your generous contributions, Please, i need a way out on my current problem with the Deutsche bank. My block account opening documents was sent to the bank by the German embassy since late July this year. By mid August, the bank mailed me that there was error with the figure i entered. I followed their instructions on the supplementary form attached to the email and sent it to the address provided which was received by Flemming in Frankfurt. Over two weeks now, i am yet to receive information from them. i have also sent them countless emails through the non customer form on the home page but no reply. The embassy interviewed me yesterday Thursday, the consular said there was nothing she could do as regard the Bank. I received a mail from the embassy today Friday with an instruction to fund my account in order to continue with the visa application process.

Please, i would appreciate any suggestion as i am currently confused on how else to reach the bank. Thanks y'all
fellow, I do not know if this might work accurately but in a bit to help you as I imagine myself in your trousers,
if you continue to write the bank as per a block account they might not reply you coz this is clearly stated in the account opening form....

I would advice you go to the embassy to express yourself and if possible they can contact the bank on your behalf.....they will definitely response to the embassy.

God will help you.
Peace.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
it's totally not about packing ourselves in a flat.Its not the Nigerian way.we are far more organized than I can type at this time.But,it's strictly for the group.
geemana: @seunstein do u think the owners of those houses would like u guys to pack urselves in their houses.a beg if its possible,me self no mind o.one alumni I Met said its better u search for yourself.that's what most people have been saying, even the Germans.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by terryo1: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
ravensburger: no need for yelow card.

Thanks boss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
abdkabir: Oh boy, you still dey this thread dey do fan boy since... Its team summer this time around cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Better start making an effort... Before we go begin hear team winter from you next year again

Guy, its unfair and your comment is not encouraging...I have "Never" and will "Never" discourage anybody. even if you aim for Something bigger than you, i will always cheer you up. Nigeria is a country full of shambles and funny stuffs. Emeka and Beebee knows me better. Imagine, I have been trying to obtain My transcript since Last year.. ASUU went on 7months strike for the better part of last year. January 10th, I resigned from my previous job to allow me with full processing and concentration. I missed two admission in Austria, only to be called upon some weeks back about the readiness of my educational transcript... Are these stories encouraging at all? cry undecided

Please ponder into this and stop the mockery.
According to Honourable Seyi "Let he that thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he fall."

because things are going on smoothly for you doesn't mean u are perfect. Watch it, lest you fall.. Please, lets cultivate the act of encouraging each others. we all know the situation in this country...everybody want a level of advancement in his/her career..

#noOffences Bruder..

In other words, I calmly received all your assessment..Realk1, ebele, eke40seven, omamofe, honourableseyi, seun and other peeps who i cant remember right now..God bless you real good.

May our effort never go in vain, and this week/month shall be our week/month of testimonies..
I will always try my best in encouraging my fellow Nigerians whether here or in diaspora..

With much Love smiley smiley wink wink

Vielen danke meine Damen und herren
Geimensam sind wir stark
Alles gute

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
It is well my brother.God will do it this time.You are welcome at any time too sir!
dolpaz:

Guy, its unfair and your comment is not encouraging...I have "Never" and will "Never" discourage anybody. even if you aim for Something bigger than you, i will always cheer you up. Nigeria is a country full of shambles and funny stuffs. Emeka and Beebee knows me better. Imagine, I have been trying to obtain My transcript since Last year.. ASUU went on 7months strike for the better part of last year. January 10th, I resigned from my previous job to allow me with full processing and concentration. I missed two admission in Austria, only to be called upon some weeks back about the readiness of my educational transcript... Are these stories encouraging at all? cry undecided

According to Honourable Seyi "Let he that thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he fall."

because things are going on smoothly for you doesn't mean u are perfect. Watch it, lest you fall.. Please, lets cultivate the act of encouraging each others. we all know the situation in this country...everybody want a level of advancement in his/her career..

#noOffences Bruder..

In other words, I calmly received all your assessment..Realk1, ebele, eke40seven, omamofe, honourableseyi, seun and other peeps who i cant remember right now..God bless you real good.

May our effort never go in vain, and this week/month shall be our week/month of testimonies..
I will always try my best in encouraging my fellow Nigerians whether here or in diaspora..

Geimensam sind wir stark
Alles gute

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
@dolpaz, anytime at all. All u need is to ask. Dont mind some people. Some are here to insult, others are here to discourage. Ignore them and keep doing your thing. God is ur strenght.

dolpaz:

#noOffences Bruder..

Geimensam sind wir stark
Alles gute

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
damilola15:

The PDF file (application form) actually has no "form field" although I know I can use the insert text option.
Thanks though.

It is the DB Block Account form that you should filled on PC, the Visa form can be filled using pen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
aoj01:

It is the DB Block Account form that you should filled on PC, the Visa form can be filled using pen
Thought as much.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
@dolpaz
I love ur response it's matured.
Please don't give up. Read Eccles. 9:11
More grace brother.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Its not easy reading from page to page here. You guys are doing a wonderful jobs.
Eke40seven,dolpaz,naijajobi,naijadove,ebele17,aoj01,geemana,jaydeemourg,damilola15,omamofe,belly213,seunstein,emaka,honourableseyi and others who i cnt remember their names rite now. May God bless our hustle.
Success is our portion.

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
seunstein: it's totally not about packing ourselves in a flat.Its not the Nigerian way.we are far more organized than I can type at this time.But,it's strictly for the group.
OK then...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Amen sir.And yours too.
Generalkorex: Its not easy reading from page to page here. You guys are doing a wonderful jobs.
Eke40seven,dolpaz,naijajobi,naijadove,ebele17,aoj01,geemana,jaydeemourg,damilola15,omamofe,belly213,seunstein,emaka,honourableseyi and others who i cnt remember their names rite now. May God bless our hustle.
Success is our portion.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Belly213: @dolpaz
I love ur response it's matured.
Please don't give up. Read Eccles. 9:11
More grace brother.

Thanks bro..

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

That verse moved me..
we shall get to our respective destination IJN..
Stay blessed y'all
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
I still can't find help o.Should you find a place before me and vice versa,let's see how we can help ourselves.U are quite astute....and I respect that.Make I just dey follow u for back small small.
geemana: OK then...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Good evening great people,how are you all? I got admitted to study ICT in rhein and my resumption date is sept 15 but enrolment deadline is nov 15,hope am covered? Though already sent a mail requesting for my appointment date on friday(12am) but am yet to get any response from them yet..am hoping I get it tomorrow
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
@dolpaz thou art great. I extol thy maturity. we shall surely rejoice over thy case. Success is thine. I yet see the angels rejoicing over thy case and lo! it was in Deutschland.

To whom it may concern,
There is a school that's available at this moment for BSc admission into International Business Admin or something like that in Reutlingen UoAS, Baden Württemberg and it closes by October 15 I.e for the summer semester. With your Naija degree IELTS and TOEFL can be waived and no need for Uni-assist. Although their admission may require interviews after submission. You can also check for other English taught programs for masters and Bsc. Its a very good UoAS, one of the best. I don't have their link right now. search the school's official website.
Hurry!

@damsamty, speaking from experience, they will likely respond to you later tomorrow or most likely on Tuesday. So don't panic when you don't get it tomorrow. Then expect a date from 6 weeks, give or take (safe estimate). Probably, 2 weeks (worst case) max after interview if successful (it will be) to obtain the visa. Total = 8 weeks max (safe estimate) You are still on schedule considering your deadline.
These estimates are due to the fact that there a lot of applicants at this point in time and also considering the deadline for your programme.
My 2 cowries.

Hope ye find it useful.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
Generalkorex: Its not easy reading from page to page here. You guys are doing a wonderful jobs.
Success is our portion.
amen. Welcome to the forum and God bless ya too
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
Eke40seven: @dolpaz thou art great. I extol thy maturity. we shall surely rejoice over thy case. Success is thine. I yet see the angels rejoicing over thy case and lo! it was in Deutschland.

To whom it may concern,
There is a school that's available at this moment for BSc admission into International Business Admin or something like that in Reutlingen UoAS, Baden Württemberg and it closes by October 15 I.e for the summer semester. With your Naija degree IELTS and TOEFL can be waived and no need for Uni-assist. Although their admission may require interviews after submission. You can also check for other English taught programs for masters and Bsc. Its a very good UoAS, one of the best. I don't have their link right now. search the school's official website.
Hurry!

@damsamty, speaking from experience, they will likely respond to you later tomorrow or most likely on Tuesday. So don't panic when you don't get it tomorrow. Then expect a date from 6 weeks, give or take (safe estimate). Probably, 2 weeks (worst case) max after interview if successful (it will be) to obtain the visa. Total = 8 weeks max (safe estimate) You are still on schedule considering your deadline.
These estimates are due to the fact that there a lot of applicants at this point in time and also considering the deadline for your programme.
My 2 cowries.

Hope ye find it useful.

Good luck!

Wow! You are the best bro..thanks very much o.Now am relieved!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Andre09: 12:09am On Sep 08, 2014
jaydeemourg:
Check dis link for steps to fill the visa form:https://m.facebook.com/videshconsultz/posts/512107295517249.
You are to submit 3 passport photgraphs;1 to be stapled on each form and 1 loose.ensure ur passport size comply with the biometric size, get a good photographer who is well experienced in taking such passport.
Interview questions:why germany,why do u want to study ur proposed course?,what do u know abt germany?,what is ur school name?,where is it located?,how many states are in Germany(name them)?,how many bordering countries(name them)?,what have u been doing after graduatn?,what's the structure of ur course(tell them the no of semesters and the duration of ur study)?,list some course u wld be taking?,what arrangement have u made as regards ur study in Germany?, what are ur intentions after study( make dem know u wld be coming bk to naija)?,who is ur sponsor( ensure u know a lot abt ur sponsor)?.why that ch?,documents u submitted b4 u were granted admission and document d school sent back after offering u admission?,what do u know abt d city u are going?have u paid ur sch fees?. Hope dis helps....Try to know the date on ur certificates and be consistent in ur answers cos u might be askd a question more dan 1c.Go along wit ur visa fee-N13k.Al the best

What date should I use for Date of day of application? Can I use any date or most it be the day of interview
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:15am On Sep 08, 2014
@naijaobi, SPOONFEEDING ALERT!! You don dey busy dey change diapers? Pikin no go drink ogi?

ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!!
That new fella over yon filling his form. uh! @Andre09, here is a good guide that can help you.
Any thing happen, you know who to hold responsible.

Good luck!

ebele17:

Found this. Hope it helps!!!!

To fill Germany Student visa application form :

1. You Family Name (This should be exactly as in the passport)

2. You first name (This should be exactly as in the passport)

3. DOB in the format of dd/mm/yyyy. This format is the official German format.

4. Place of Birth : This is mentioned in your passport. Write the exact thing as is written in the passport. Do not add or substract anything.

5. Nationality : You must mention you current as well as any previous nationalities that you have given up. It clearly says each nationality should be stated.

6. Marital Status : Announce your marital status here. Strike out the non-applicable status with one single line in whichever language you are filling. If you are filling in English, and in case you are single, strike out the other three with one straight line. I would suggest, along with English, also strike out the bold German version as that is more legible and comprehendable and bigger in size. Even if you dont, it does not matter.

7. Spouse Details : This should of course only be filled if you are married. Follow the steps 1 to 5 in filling the details.

8. Children Details : This should of course only be filled if you are married. Follow the steps 1 to 5 in filling the details.

9. Father : Write your father's Family name in the first line and First name and second and any following names in teh second line exactly as in passport.

10. Mother : Write your mother's Family name in the first line and First name and second and any following names in teh second line exactly as in passport.

11. Passport or Other Travel Documents : Write PASSPORT in the first line. If you have any other travel document, write its name. The Passport number in the second line, date till which it is valid in the third line. Issued by (Maybe Passport officer or Assitant Passport officer) in the fourth line. The designation of the issuing authority is given in the stamp on the first page(the page immediately after the information page) in the Passport. Finally write the Date of issue in the last line

12. Authorization to return to : Write the place from where your passport is issued.

13. Entered Germany on : Not to be completed if the application is made outside the Germany. Just leave it blank.

14. Have you ever stayed in Germany before : Strike out whichever is not applicable with one single line. If you have been to Germany before, write yes and mention from and to and the place below.

15. Proposed Place of Residence : Now this is one place where everyone gets stuck. I think most of us do not have a place of residence finalized when we start our visa application. So, you can write the complete address of the Institute of your course ( and not the University's address) that is conducting your course. Be careful since it does asks for address and not just the City of your residence. I repeat, write the address of the Institute that is conducting your course.

16. Arrived on : Not to be completed if the application is made outside the Germany. Just leave it blank.

17. Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the Federal Republic of Germany? If so, Where? : write yes if you intend to keep your current nationality. I suggest you to write yes as right now we are just going for studies and wanting to gain another Nationality is a matter of different decision at a different point of time. In the space below, write the country of your current Nationality.

18. Will you be accompanied by the members of your family? : My suggestion is write no. In case your parents or any other family member is planning to accompany you, they can apply for separate Schenghen visa at the time of departure which takes roughly 10 days to be issued.

19. How are you accommodated? : Not to be completed if the application is made outside the Germany. Just leave it blank and dont strike out anything.

20. Purpose of stay in Germany : Mention "STUDY" in the first line, Leave the second line blank.
Employer : Put a '-' (Hyphen) mark in this line
Name of educational establishment : Write the complete Name of your University.
Their addresses : Write the complete Address of your University.
Intended Employment : Put a '-' (Hyphen) mark in this line

21. Trade or Profession for which Trained :write your course name for which you are going.

22. Are you already in possession of a permit issued by a German labour office : Strike out with a single line whichever is not applicable.

23. Intended duration of stay in the Federal Republic of Germany : Now this is a tricky one. First of all, PLEASE enquire about any courses or any Pre-Course orientation happening in your course. Because the FROM that you give here, is the validity start date stamped on your Visa. For example my course is starting on 8th of October (imaginary) and I have a german language course organized by my University in the month of August till October. Also keep some time(maybe a week or so) before start of any course for you to complete all the post landing formalities without any hassle. So, I need to land in Germany on say, 8th of August. I would give the FROM as AUGUST, 2012. So the start of validity on Visa will say 1st August, 2012 and the validity expiry is exactly 90 days from that. You can land anyday in Germany after your validity starts. Now, if i do not know when my course is going to end (which month), I can write a tentative month in the TO section, say October, 2014. Dont worry here. Whatever timeline you mention here is just tentative. Even if you are not able to finish your course before the time that you have mentioned in the form, you will get Visa extension afterwards. All you need is to show them the finances when you try to extend it.

24. What are your means of subsistence? : Write "FINANCIAL SUPPORT BY PARENTS" or "EDUCATION LOAN" whichever is applicable. If you are being financially supported by any other source, like any other family member or a scholarship, write accordingly.

25. Have you ever been convicted? : Strike out whichever is not applicable. I hope everyone strikes out YES

26. Have you ever been expelled....................refused entry into Germany? : Write "YES" or "NO" whichever is applicable.

27. a) Do you suffer from any disease? Strike out whichever is not applicable. Be honest in mentioning this.
b) Do you have a health insurance cover for the Federal Republic of Germany? : All of us do not have a Health insurance from a German Carrier. We will get it once we reach there. So, write "NO. I WILL TAKE ONCE I REACH GERMANY".

PAGE 4: I hereby apply for a residence permit for 2 YEARS. Again this is just tentative. Strike out Days and Months. Write your complete present address, Place, Date and put your signature. Make sure the address you write falls under the jurisdiction of the embassy that you are applying to. They are likely to send you back if the address doesnt fall in their area. Paste the Visa photo in both the forms.

PS : You can show a travel insurance at the time of application valid for the period that you think you would be going, maybe for 1 month or 2. But I think it is not an important document. Atleast they didnt ask in Bangalore for this. Please confirm with your embassy.

Please refer your respective Embassy website for the docs to be attached with the application.

DISCLAIMER : The information available in this document is intended to provide general information to the applicants. Use of above information is solely at the discretion of the user. I shall not be held liable for any claim for any loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained in this document.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:32am On Sep 08, 2014
And for the records, if you have a sound knowledge of Javascript & PHP programming language just like the back of your hand, and you are in germany, apply for this job:

http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/61088/web-developer-php-javascript-trivago-gmbh?a=4XCWZQ4VWh&utm_source=stackoverflow.com&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=jobs-large-sidebar-blue-looking

http://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/trivago#jobs

Check out what some of trivago developers have to say:

Jan van Thoor (Software Engineering / PHP)

My favorite aspect of my job is knowing that I can always bring something to the table (such as new technologies or the implementation of new features). It is great to know that my work is always considered and evaluated. Lastly, I love the friendly, motivated, “get things done” atmosphere that is always present at trivago, and of course, the beer fridge! kiss grin grin shocked shocked wink wink

They sent me an email...Gosh, I wish i was in deutschland..

A permanent job/attractive salary awaits..

ich muss in Deutschland sein
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 6:29am On Sep 08, 2014
@dolpaz, Pay attention to Rule no. 1
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 6:30am On Sep 08, 2014
Will stat funding my account today, I just hope embassy will not lose patience with me, dey sent me a second reminder two weeks ago. 1.8m is not easy to come by oooo , I thank God and my parents seriously

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 6:37am On Sep 08, 2014
nevilbot: Will stat funding my account today, I just hope embassy will not lose patience with me, dey sent me a second reminder two weeks ago. 1.8m is not easy to come by oooo , I thank God and my parents seriously

Congrats bro..., it won't affect you in any way.. Fund it and receive ur visa..

We will surely celebrate u and all#Teamwinter..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:48am On Sep 08, 2014
Justcul: @dolpaz, Pay attention to Rule no. 1
Noted Sir ! cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2014
seunstein: I still can't find help o.Should you find a place before me and vice versa,let's see how we can help ourselves.U are quite astute....and I respect that.Make I just dey follow u for back small small.
@seunstein lol.you are astute personified. no problem.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 10:22am On Sep 08, 2014
Um..Abeg quick question... Anyone know how much diamond back charges for transfer of the fund in full?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2014
Around #22,700 I made use of Diamond bank for mine too
for
Realk1: Um..Abeg quick question... Anyone know how much diamond back charges for transfer of the fund in full?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2014
kayusboss: Around #22,700 I made use of Diamond bank for mine too
for

Whoa...okay

Did you make the transfer once or twice?
I'm being told here they do it once.. Is that how they. did yours?

Thanks sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.