Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884347 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2014
@nevilbot, congrats bro. I hope you can now relax ur nerves..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sanctorum: 7:05am On Sep 27, 2014
please house,I had my interview on 28 august,uptil now i havent hear anything from the embassy,And my school started on This month,what will i do?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2014
segadebayo: I'm most grateful to God for his blessings in my life and in a country were almost nothing works and we're ruled by SELFISH leaders a medium like this exist were Nigerians support one another, we would get there. I got that long awaited mail of (3 months insurance come and collect your visa). We would all get there, thanks guys and most of all Thank God.
Also am in search of cheap flights, planning to leave in a week or so (Emirates, Iberia any other ideas my Ogas and madams) thanks y'all

Congratulations. Thank God for His mercies.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2014
sanctorum: please house,I had my interview on 28 august,uptil now i havent hear anything from the embassy,And my school started on This month,what will i do?
It could be dat d foreign office of d state where ur sch is situated hasn't communicated with d embassy, just b patient.whc state r u heading?and school?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2014
@Eke40seven...I got your email boss. Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2014
Guys, sorry am late in saying this. Picked up my visa yesterday. Recieved the mail on wednesday, 21 working days after my interview. I used sponsorship letter. Just want to thank God and all of u guys on this forum for ur support and good will. #teamwinter on d move!!!

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by oladunwo(m): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2014
ebele17: Guys, sorry am late in saying this. Picked up my visa yesterday. Recieved the mail on wednesday, 21 working days after my interview. I used sponsorship letter. Just want to thank God and all of u guys on this forum for ur support and good will. #teamwinter on d move!!!
Congratulations to u miss Jonathan [size=8pt][/size] grin

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
ebele17: Guys, sorry am late in saying this. Picked up my visa yesterday. Recieved the mail on wednesday, 21 working days after my interview. I used sponsorship letter. Just want to thank God and all of u guys on this forum for ur support and good will. #teamwinter on d move!!!

Congratulations. Team winter on the move!!!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
nevilbot: My bro and sis on nairaland.thank Jehovah God almighty for me o.after waiting for more than a month,i got d long awaited mail today o to come wit 3 months insurance and passport. Oh boy flexing go dey dis nyt o.

Wat i already bot is a one year mansard insurance,i gues sumone said i can use dat. As for d accomodation,plz sumone should help me wit d link to abiegirl mayb she can help cus dat 360 no b beans o.. Frankfurt n point

Many congrats Nevilbot. God bless u!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2014

Congrats again Ms Ebele. God bless u!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Is there anyone in the house that funded their blocked account recently? Will like to know the current rate.

Regards,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2014

Congrats Ebele..
Wishing you all the best in deutschland

Regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
My Oga's please I have some questions to throw in but before I ask, I decided not to post until I go through the thread so as not to ask silly questions that have been answered, my questions will be divided by segments so as to avoid long posts and for better communication and understanding at each question.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
1. In page 225 to 230,futurewise took his time to elaborate on step by step guide and credentials, but someone made mention of studienkollege, Please if I don't have transcript, HND or A'level can one apply through studienkolleg, if yes, what is studienkolleg as it has not been elaborated whether it is in the uni or outside uni like secondary school. Is the admission different or still the one from uni one is applying.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
1. In page 225 to 230,futurewise took his time to elaborate on step by step guide and credentials, but someone made mention of studienkollege, Please if I don't have transcript, HND or A'level can one apply through studienkolleg, if yes, what is studienkolleg as it has not been elaborated whether it is in the uni or outside uni like secondary school. Is the admission different or still the one from uni one is applying ? Note: for B.sc program
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
2. I am outside lagos and can't study at Goeth institution, can I study the language at language teaching centre in my side and register for only exam at Goeth or do I have to register earlier at Goeth? To phrase it well, do Goeth institution allow one to register for exam without being their student? If yes, please when do they usually write their exams ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
3rd and last question,during documentation for both school and embassy,do they require first school leaving cert cos I lost mine and some of my documents to fire out break, minus A'level,hnd or transcript, can someone kind kindly state for me other documents or school related documents, the embassy or school might need. so that I start now to organise or get them ready, Thanks all U my Boss, pls my boss them,concerning documents abeg no refer me to pages because I don read from page 1 to 312, I no finish to 414, I've gotten mostly what I need but all I am asking is little documents that maybe needed like for sure birth cert U have to provide for the embassy and so on. Thanks again
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ayooluniran(m): 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2014

@ebele, pls i intend to use a sponsorship letter for my msc program next yr .....the letter will be from the federal university i work for.

pls share ideas on how u went about your own...thanks a lot!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 6:43am On Sep 28, 2014
segadebayo: I'm most grateful to God for his blessings in my life and in a country were almost nothing works and we're ruled by SELFISH leaders a medium like this exist were Nigerians support one another, we would get there. I got that long awaited mail of (3 months insurance come and collect your visa). We would all get there, thanks guys and most of all Thank God.
Also am in search of cheap flights, planning to leave in a week or so (Emirates, Iberia any other ideas my Ogas and madams) thanks y'all

Many congrats bro. Stay Blessed!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Portablecece: 6:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Hello house. Pls I have been following this timeline for long now. Thank you all for ur contributions so far and I just got admission to study in university of Koblenz-Landau. My issue is how to get my visa before 22nd of October. How long does it take to open the blocked account and verify it. Also can my sponsor be a German that works in Nigeria and has a permanent address in Germany?
And is it possible to get my visa in the consulates office in Abuja?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
House,please without starting a Nigeria university and completing year one so that i can have transcripts
Is there no other way for me to get admission with my Waec/neco results?
Can't i just take any exam from the German school here in Nigeria to qualify for admission?
Pls i need your reply house.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
PHILipu1: House,please without starting a Nigeria university and completing year one so that i can have transcripts
Is there no other way for me to get admission with my Waec/neco results?
Can't i just take any exam from the German school here in Nigeria to qualify for admission?
Pls i need your reply house.
in German school do you mean Deutsche schule in abuja and Lagos or Goethe institute?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
Horatio27: in German school do you mean Deutsche schule in abuja and Lagos or Goethe institute?
I'm asking if i can take any exam and where i can take it to gain admission into any German university for bsc without starting year one here in Nigeria?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
Eke40seven:
It shows that you have succeeded jare. If you weren't successful they wouldn't have sent you this message. It could have been a different story.
Congratulations!
Oga Eke please can you kindly post a format for the English proficency letter? the one schools give out saying i was taught in English.just want to be on d safe side incase TOEFL doesn't swing
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ebele17 congrats dear.lets go there.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
sanctorum: please house,I had my interview on 28 august,uptil now i havent hear anything from the embassy,And my school started on This month,what will i do?
What is the deadline for enrollment in your school?
If you think that you are on the edge of failing to meet the deadline, then mail the school early explaining the situation to them, they will tell you what to do. It is rumoured that you can mail the school giving them the authority to get the visa done more quickly at the foreigners office, that it is way faster.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Obinnio: 1. In page 225 to 230,futurewise took his time to elaborate on step by step guide and credentials, but someone made mention of studienkollege, Please if I don't have transcript, HND or A'level can one apply through studienkolleg, if yes, what is studienkolleg as it has not been elaborated whether it is in the uni or outside uni like secondary school. Is the admission different or still the one from uni one is applying ? Note: for B.sc program
If you had read further, you would have gotten the information you needed. But you don try share. Here was an earlier reply to similar question.

Eke40seven:
Open thine eyes this hour, attend to my words and hearken unto instructions so that thy ways shan't lead thee to tempest.
Its good that you have trodden the good path of self research but you still have much to do.
Studienkolleg is good too but I see you didn't get a complete picture of the requirements and I will prove it by the following outlines below:
1. its like a Pre-degree programme
2.. They WON'T grant you admission EXCEPT you have been given a prior admission in the course you are going for in the school offering it.
3. You will need to be proficient in German language at at least a B1 level
3. There are no English taught programmes
4. You will have to write exams in German including German language itself before you can get admission and trust me they are intensive.
5. In most studienkollegs, you will need to write an entrance exam first.
6. At the moment your language proficiency is at Z1!
Now compare that with just picking a form and spending a year in NOUN with a known language and system.
Bro, follow thee the known part or search for thyself more knowledge.
Fare thee well!
In addition to that, it is not offered by all schools or either is it in all states. Pre-degree was mentioned above, just in case you are wondering what it is, here is another reply and other relevant advise.
Eke40seven:
Well bro, I see you have a quick fix approach towards reaching your goals and thus have chosen a narrow perilous road less travelled. However, it won't be bad if you become a hero that creates a new path for others to follow but before you embark on your heroic adventure, here is my submission/questions you need to answer:
1.preparatory study are usually fashioned for those who are considered for admission into the school offering it as a stopgap to cover whatever deficiency they may have. That's why they are usually very short.
2. Will your prep-study be a guarantee for further Bsc admission or are they just a condition for an admission that is already granted for BSc?
3. prep studies are relatively expensive even without other considerations like flight, accommodation, etc.
4. Are there people who had trodden this path you planning to set foot on? if there are what are experiences (I hope you see)
5. Will your prep study open opportunities for you to get admission in other schools?
6.In the long run, do you consider it faster?
on the other hand, I can point to so many people who have gone through NOUN, and they will testify that it is the fastest, surest and inexpensive route to gaining a German admission. Or would you consider them slow or illogical for choosing that way? people like ebele had an upper hand than you in getting into Germany but still chose this way. Honourableseyi is another one too and others too numerous to mention. some have gone through HND and still settled with a BSc course do you think its because they are less adventurous or less time conscious? A year university transcript even opens infinite opportunity for admission if you harbour any doubt about your chances.
However, as I once commented, am not an expert and I even know less about this Bsc thing. maybe you can find somebody who can guide you better. You can check DAAD for preschool as there are thousands of programs there or consult the school directly and enquire about your chances.
verily I tell thee this hour, if thy virtue is devoid of patience, suffer not thyself to seek the German path. I counsel, that thou shouldst seek holyboss and nedu09 that ye may form an army for ye share a common plan and perchance ye shall show us your way when ye find it.
Fare thee well.
p.s: I pray ye people of this thread, forgive me, for the spirits of olde yet possess my tongue.
Will answer your subsequent questions after this post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
Obinnio: 2. I am outside lagos and can't study at Goeth institution, can I study the language at language teaching centre in my side and register for only exam at Goeth or do I have to register earlier at Goeth? To phrase it well, do Goeth institution allow one to register for exam without being their student? If yes, please when do they usually write their exams ?
I once sought for similar answers and I saw it on their website. This is an excerpt from the website on external candidates below:
"All Goethe-Institut examinations can also be taken
by external candidates if they have reached the
corresponding language level. It is nevertheless
recommended that you take a preparatory course.
On-site and distance learning courses are offered
as well as a combination of both."

Check time for registration and timetables here:
http://www.goethe.de/ins/ng/lag/lrn/ein/trm/enindex.htm

Their price for registration is N30,000.00 per level. check the info and more here:
http://www.goethe.de/ins/ng/lag/lrn/ein/prs/enindex.htm

Obinnio: 3rd and last question,during documentation for both school and embassy,do they require first school leaving cert cos I lost mine and some of my documents to fire out break, minus A'level,hnd or transcript, can someone kind kindly state for me other documents or school related documents, the embassy or school might need. so that I start now to organise or get them ready, Thanks all U my Boss, pls my boss them,concerning documents abeg no refer me to pages because I don read from page 1 to 312, I no finish to 414, I've gotten mostly what I need but all I am asking is little documents that maybe needed like for sure birth cert U have to provide for the embassy and so on. Thanks again
The school do not necessarily need your first school leaving certificate. The embassy officially stated it on their website but they will let you off the hook if you don't have it.
For the documents required by the school, you must understand that different schools have different requirements. However, one thing they will all compulsorily request for is
1A. Either your university transcript and or university degree certificate/statement of result if you already have it.
NB: one year university undergraduate transcript is enough for a Bsc programme.

1B. HND certificate and transcript and of course your OND certificate (If you went through polytechnic)
1C Your A level results like Cambridge A level and GCSE A level (for A level holders)

2. Language requirements. If you are going for an English taught course, proof of Language proficiency like TOEFL or IELTS will be requested. However SOME schools will let you off the hook if you have passed your English Language in WAEC or for some; an English taught university degree and or a proof from the school; a native speaker and or living in a country where English is spoken as the official language.

Others vary from reference letters, motivation letters, CV, to work experience. So check DAAD and the school website to see their individual requirements

For the Embassy, here is officially what is on their
website.
"Required documents
Every applicant is asked to provide the following mandatory documents (original + 2 copies of each document, unless otherwise specified):
• Valid passport +2 copies of its data page
• 2 identical passport pictures according to biometric specifications, one attached to application form and one loose
• 2 Visa Application Forms (Application for a Residence Permit) – no copies required!
• School Leaving Certificates of Primary and Secondary School/ WAEC-Certificate
• Proof of previous academic studies/professional training/ work experience (if applicable)
• Birth Certificate from National Population Commission or Declaration of Age deposed to by head of Family
• Biographically old documents (older than 5 years) to verify identity (such as library card, baptism certificate, vaccination card etc.)
• Letter of admission to the university/ Confirmation of registration for language course
• Proof of knowledge of the German language, if required for the course of study
• A “WAEC-direct access card“ (scratch card to access WAEC results online, available
e. g. at Spring Bank and Wema Bank)
• Proof of financial means for one year by one of the following options:
a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 7.908,-€
b) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority (Please note: Financing is usually only secured if declarant resides in Germany)
c) proof of scholarship of a German/ European organization covering the arising costs
Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case."
check their website for more info.

Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
PHILipu1:
I'm asking if i can take any exam and where i can take it to gain admission into any German university for bsc without starting year one here in Nigeria?

Bro, this thing is straight forward. Read Eke replies to Obinnio's questions above; I believe you will get what you are looking for. It is either you go through either one of these and no other means or shortcut. studentkollege, A' Level, 100 Level transcripts or HND transcripts no more no less. Pick the one that is the best for you. Wishing you success in your endeavour. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ebele, big congrats to you. I tap into your testimony. Your mission in Germany shall be a successful and worthwhile.
God bless you big.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
Eke40seven thanks I appreciate,U've really answered almost all my questions, but one last question to the house pls, Is GCE an acceptable A'level
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Portablecece: Hello house. Pls I have been following this timeline for long now. Thank you all for ur contributions so far and I just got admission to study in trier. My issue is how to get my visa before 22nd of October. How long does it take to open the blocked account and verify it. Also can my sponsor be a German that works in Nigeria and has a permanent address in Germany?
And is it possible to get my visa in the consulates office in Abuja?
1.The time taken in opening of the block account depends on how fast you can start and also the method you use.
a. Download the form from Deutsche Bank's website
b. Fill it (but don't sign)
c. Go to the German embassy in Lagos or Abuja to sign (they will charge you N4k)
d. Send it to them through either courier or NIPOST (this is where speed comes in to play)
e. They will likely reply you within 5 days or less after they receive it.
f. There is a slip that will be given to you at the embassy, you can book your appointment immediately with it coupled with your admission letter and passport (I stand to be corrected on this point)

2. According to the German embassy in Nigeria (2014),
"...official German declaration of sponsorship
(„Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of
studies/ language course given before the
competent German authority (Please note:
Financing is usually only secured if declarant
resides in Germany).."
Except he goes to Germany to get one for you or he contact someone to get it, I don't know if someone that resides there can get one by his authorisation. That will be for both of you to find out.

3. No, only in Lagos.

graciousme: Is there anyone in the house that funded their blocked account recently? Will like to know the current rate.

Regards,

Note that this exchange rates changes almost everyday. just Google the exchange rate any day you plan to get one.
For instance, today, it is N208 approximately to one Euro and it has been at that rate for a week give or take one naira

researchQ:
Oga Eke please can you kindly post a format for the English proficency letter? the one schools give out saying i was taught in English.just want to be on d safe side incase TOEFL doesn't swing

The thing tire me to type o as am not with it now but a scanned copy is in my phone . Na phone I dey use type now. However, I have watermarked the scanned copy that I may upload but I don't know how safe that will be still.
May be you will send me your email here let me send you the one I watermarked or be patient till tomorrow I will post it then when am settled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.