Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886286 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
Obinnio: Eke40seven thanks I appreciate,U've really answered almost all my questions, but one last question to the house pls, Is GCE an acceptable A'level
It is not the oct/not WASSCE private exam.
That is an O'level exam. The one am referring to here is the GSCE A' level exam comparable to the Cambridge A' level exam. GSCE A'level is not even conducted by a Nigerian or African exam body, I think its a UK exam ( not 100% sure though), but internationally recognized.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
Obinnio: Eke40seven thanks I appreciate,U've really answered almost all my questions, but one last question to the house pls, Is GCE an acceptable A'level
not the nabtec A level or waec A level but the Cambridge international A level also known as CIE A level or UK GCE A level.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Obtained my 3 months travel health insurance (with IGI) outside Lagos on Friday. I was given the certificate (a paper) and the receipts (only).
Just wondering if that's all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Ebele17 congratulations......I am happy for you....wishing you d best.....

@Eke40seven...really want to say that you have a very golden heart.....always willing to share and to help out....Nigeria needs someone like you in leadership....because you take it upon yourself to bear n carry people's burden.....my prayer for you, is that the LORD will carry your burden and comfort you on every side....lots more....nevertheless please help me out.....I opened a block account on the 8th of Sep. 2014 and I have not gotten any response. Secondly, I was not given back my block account form ooooo.....please is it the consulate or myself that will submit d form? If it is myself what do I do........please anybody can also help me out........please.....I need counsel. Thanks in anticipation....

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thanks,I appreciate. smiley

Eke40seven:
1.The time taken in opening of the block account depends on how fast you can start and also the method you use.
a. Download the form from Deutsche Bank's website
b. Fill it (but don't sign)
c. Go to the German embassy in Lagos or Abuja to sign (they will charge you N4k)
d. Send it to them through either courier or NIPOST (this is where speed comes in to play)
e. They will likely reply you within 5 days or less after they receive it.
f. There is a slip that will be given to you at the embassy, you can book your appointment immediately with it coupled with your admission letter and passport (I stand to be corrected on this point)

2. According to the German embassy in Nigeria (2014),
"...official German declaration of sponsorship
(„Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of
studies/ language course given before the
competent German authority (Please note:
Financing is usually only secured if declarant
resides in Germany).."
Except he goes to Germany to get one for you or he contact someone to get it, I don't know if someone that resides there can get one by his authorisation. That will be for both of you to find out.

3. No, only in Lagos.

Note that this exchange rates changes almost everyday. just Google the exchange rate any day you plan to get one.
For instance, today, it is N208 approximately to one Euro and it has been at that rate for a week give or take one naira

The thing tire me to type o as am not with it now but a scanned copy is in my phone . Na phone I dey use type now. However, I have watermarked the scanned copy that I may upload but I don't know how safe that will be still.
May be you will send me your email here let me send you the one I watermarked or be patient till tomorrow I will post it then when am settled.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Eke40seven:
That is an O'level exam. The one am referring to here is the GSCE A' level exam comparable to the Cambridge A' level exam. GSCE A'level is not even conducted by a Nigerian or African exam body, I think its a UK exam ( not 100% sure though), but internationally recognized.
U are the Boss,thanks, I'll google when they conduct the exam, but tips on when they writes it will be helpful to me and to others that will read
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Obinnio: U are the Boss,thanks, I'll google when they conduct the exam, but tips on when they writes it will be helpful to me and to others that will read
did I mention that the exam is very hard? with only waec knowledge you will come out with E or even U

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obinnio: 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Horatio27: not the nabtec A level or waec A level but the Cambridge international A level also known as CIE A level or UK GCE A level.
my guy how far, I saw Ur e-mail notifications but I've not replied due to yahoomail wahala, Use this one to reach me, brownsmithjnr@gmail.com
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2014
@Geemena....Like you read my mind sha!!!lol....Munich is one hell of a city!
geemana: if na Munich,i go grab am with both hands and legs
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:11am On Sep 29, 2014
Belly213: @Ebele17 congratulations......I am happy for you....wishing you d best.....

@Eke40seven...really want to say that you have a very golden heart.....always willing to share and to help out....Nigeria needs someone like you in leadership....because you take it upon yourself to bear n carry people's burden.....my prayer for you, is that the LORD will carry your burden and comfort you on every side....lots more....nevertheless please help me out.....I opened a block account on the 8th of Sep. 2014 and I have not gotten any response. Secondly, I was not given back my block account form ooooo.....please is it the consulate or myself that will submit d form? If it is myself what do I do........please anybody can also help me out........please.....I need counsel. Thanks in anticipation....
Ameeeeeen!!!
Thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate.
However, I didn't use the block account so I needed to clarify the veracity of my knowledge from my bosses who have gone through the process before I respond.
1. Did you get a slip from the embassy which you were suppose to use in booking an appointment? In essence, have you booked an appointment with the embassy?
2. There may be a problem here. You are suppose to send the form to the bank by yourself.
Didn't you send anything to the bank?
3. You need to act fast either by notifying the embassy of this thing yourself by mail or better still by visiting them o.
In fact, send me a mail to emmanuelak47@yahoo.com

God will guide you through.
P.S. Please, always ask questions seriously and make serious enquiries before and after you take any step. The worst you can get is criticism and jokes about spoonfeeding and babysitting. No one is an Island if knowledge and in this German race, one wrong step or decision could prove costly.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by james2020(m): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
Ameeeeeen!!!
Thanks for your prayers, I really appreciate.
However, I didn't use the block account so I needed to clarify the veracity of my knowledge from my bosses who have gone through the process before I respond.
1. Did you get a slip from the embassy which you were suppose to use in booking an appointment? In essence, have you booked an appointment with the embassy?
2. There may be a problem here. You are suppose to send the form to the bank by yourself.
Didn't you send anything to the bank?
3. You need to act fast either by notifying the embassy of this thing yourself by mail or better still by visiting them o.
In fact, send me a mail to emmanuelak47@yahoo.com

God will guide you through.
P.S. Please, always ask questions seriously and make serious enquiries before and after you take any step. The worst you can get is criticism and jokes about spoonfeeding and babysitting. No one is an Island if knowledge and in this German race, one wrong step or decision could prove costly.

Eke nwannem, how much does someonee need to gain admission for masters. whats the cheapest school and how much does embassy neeed in my account for the visa
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 6:26am On Sep 29, 2014
@Eke40seven Thanks a million. I have sent you a mail
@Seunstein has clarified me..thanks for your response brother...Am so grateful
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

Please oo, WAEC conducts London GCE exams in Nigeria. Go to any WAEC office and ask them how u can register and where u can write d exam. If you are in Lagos, go to yaba or Ikeja office at Ogba and find out.

Goodluck
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2014
ayooluniran:

@ebele, pls i intend to use a sponsorship letter for my msc program next yr .....the letter will be from the federal university i work for.

pls share ideas on how u went about your own...thanks a lot!

Ayo, the formal letter of obligation gotten from d German local authority in Germany "Landstadt" is what we call letter of sponsorship. It says that ur sponsor lives in germany, earning more than 1500 euro every month and can take care of all expenses u will incur during ur stay there. Infact, it basically says that the person is reponsible for u. If u r place of work is sponsoring u, u need a blocked account, they should give u ur moni and u will pay it into ur blocked account. U need to have a friend, relative or any oda relationship person who resides in germany for u to get d "verpflichtungserklärung" which is d Sponsorship letter we are talking about here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2014
honourableseyi:

Bro, this thing is straight forward. Read Eke replies to Obinnio's questions above; I believe you will get what you are looking for. It is either you go through either one of these and no other means or shortcut. studentkollege, A' Level, 100 Level transcripts or HND transcripts no more no less. Pick the one that is the best for you. Wishing you success in your endeavour. Shalom
Thanks for the reply,i'm greatful
stay bless.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2014
ebele17:

Please oo, WAEC conducts London GCE exams in Nigeria. Go to any WAEC office and ask them how u can register and where u can write d exam. If you are in Lagos, go to yaba or Ikeja office at Ogba and find out.

Goodluck
Thanks so much,God bless you
i will make my move right away.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2014
ebele17:

Goodluck
not the one that waec conducts but the one dat British council in Nigeria conducts.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2014
Horatio27: not the one that waec conducts but the one dat British council in Nigeria conducts.
yea, you are right. its called the Cambridge IGCSE. its the one conducted by British council of Nigeria.
However I don't know if they had any sort of arrangement with WAEC. I will try and chat up a friend whose father runs a tutorial centre for international exam and also do a small research.
I will get something back by the end of the day.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 10:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
yea, you are right. its called the Cambridge IGCSE. its the one conducted by British council of Nigeria.
However I don't know if they had any sort of arrangement with WAEC. I will try and chat up a friend whose father runs a tutorial centre for international exam and also do a small research.
I will get something back by the end of the day.
you really go a long way in helping people bro, success is definitely yours.

the people that have arrangement with waec is the university of London but the university of Cambridge doesn't. Cambridge igcse is equivalent to waec and Cambridge GCE A level is equivalent to 1 year in Nigerian uni. I don't really think uni of London GCE is recognized as Cambridge is. and university of London GCE conducted by waec is only for non west Africans
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
Please i need information on how to fund the blocked account from a naira account. This is urgent pls.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Horatio27: you really go a long way in helping people bro, success is definitely yours.

the people that have arrangement with waec is the university of London but the university of Cambridge doesn't. Cambridge igcse is equivalent to waec and Cambridge GCE A level is equivalent to 1 year in Nigerian uni. I don't really think uni of London GCE is recognized as Cambridge is. and university of London GCE conducted by waec is only for non west Africans

Horatio27, i think i would know if WAEC conducts london GCE considering dat it is where i currently work now. I think i would know what goes on in my office. Dont u?? grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PHILipu1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
ebele17:

Horatio27, i think i would know if WAEC conducts london GCE considering dat it is where i currently work now. I think i would know what goes on in my office. Dont u?? grin
Which means you are sure WEAC do conduct london GCE?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
damilola15: Obtained my 3 months travel health insurance (with IGI) outside Lagos on Friday. I was given the certificate (a paper) and the receipts (only).
Just wondering if that's all.
@Damilola15, maybe. I used AIICO and I was given the certificate and the terms of the travel insurance. So,in your case, I guess that is all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
ebele17:

okk. but do they conduct Cambridge GCE?. what am trying to say is that London GCE and Cambridge GCE are two different board. I mean no offense
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hayour9: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hello, I'd like to ask a question about the health insurance policy in germany. Once you pay your health insurance monthly, you don't have to pay for acute health problems e.g. Surgery?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
ebele17:

Thank God you work in WAEC. please I wrote Waec in a certain school some years ago but I was only given statement of result. I need the certificate now but couldn't please does Waec keep another copy with them in their office?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Visa collected, Baba God Na Ni ,and my parents and my nairaland family. Thanks evryone

7 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
nevilbot: Visa collected, Baba God Na Ni ,and my parents and my nairaland family. Thanks evryone
congratulations pal

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
bobot:
congratulations pal
congratulations ,I would like to ask when you did your interview, because I have been waiting for their reply ,I did mine sept 4th
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
nevilbot: Visa collected, Baba God Na Ni ,and my parents and my nairaland family. Thanks evryone
congratulations I would like to ask how long it took you to get your visa,because I have been waiting anxiously
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
hello una well gone o u guys re doing a great job here

pls am in need of your aid guys

Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg are thy nice to Nigerian
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
You are welcome sir.
Belly213: @Eke40seven Thanks a million. I have sent you a mail
@Seunstein has clarified me..thanks for your response brother...Am so grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.