Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885705 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 9:27am On Nov 08, 2014
Eke40seven:

Except in situations where the admission is so restricted and competition is very fierce, your result should be good enough.
On German scale, it is 2.2 and mist masters will want 2.5 or better (which means less)
Note: in Germany the lower the better e.g highest score in Germany is 1.0 while its 5.0 in Nigeria.
Good luck

They do but before you ask any further question, read at least the last 100 pages to get you started.

Read!! read!! read!! it was the topic of discussion from page 447 and you don't need to translate in German as long as you are submitting to Uni-assist
bro av read lik 89 pages bt i dnt tink dere is much time to continue i want to start preparing nw pls help me answ d question plss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2014
Mickyboiz:
bro av read lik 89 pages bt i dnt tink dere is much time to continue i want to start preparing nw pls help me answ d question plss

Bros i have answered you na but are you honestly telling the truth that you read 89 pages and didn't come across any where it was written that German schools are tuition free?
I really doubt that but yes, I can say that over 90% of all the BSC, masters and PhD programmes in German universities are tuition free, save for some MBA courses and some other selected few. However, you will be required to open a blocked account with Deutsche Bank with about €8000 or get a sponsorship letter from a German resident whether family member, friend or enemy as long as they are willing to stand for you.
Just try reading from page 350-present because it will really help for your own good because there are some things you may not have conceived to ask that others would have asked and answers given.
Google is your friend, don't forget.
You could phrase your search like this "are German schools tuition free nairaland German visa". Then if you don't find it, you can then ask.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2014
baggylips:
Pls gurus in the house.how do I go about the certified german translation of my certificates/documents cos I wish 2 apply 2 Msc biotechnology in FUAS via uni-assist.Thanks for anticipated assistance.

Sup bro AM Also putting in for biotech in FUAS, Is it a must to get reference letter frm a prof or a DR can gv d letter.....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Eke40seven:

Bros i have answered you na but are you honestly telling the truth that you read 89 pages and didn't come across any where it was written that German schools are tuition free?
I really doubt that but yes, I can say that over 90% of all the BSC, masters and PhD programmes in German universities are tuition free, save for some MBA courses and some other selected few. However, you will be required to open a blocked account with Deutsche Bank with about €8000 or get a sponsorship letter from a German resident whether family member, friend or enemy as long as they are willing to stand for you.
Just try reading from page 350-present because it will really help for your own good because there are some things you may not have conceived to ask that others would have asked and answers given.
You could phrase your search like this "are German schools tuition free nairaland German visa". Then if you don't find it, you can then ask.

Good luck.
tank u bro , bt i kn abt the block account and the money , bt i really need info abt sch dat cn gv me admsn to ebgineering course taugth english website or sumfn dat cn direct me to german admsn portal ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by maxdozie(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
I'm presently a student bt got into uni with two waec sittings,i want to ask if dre wil be a complicatn when applyn 4 my msc degree at any german uni,i mean if wen submitting my doc to a german uni shuld i submit my both waec? Nd does it reduce my chances? An urgent reply wil be appreciated. Tnx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
Mickyboiz:
tank u bro , bt i kn abt the block account and the money , bt i really need info abt sch dat cn gv me admsn to ebgineering course taugth english website or sumfn dat cn direct me to german admsn portal ?

Check www.daad.de
or better still, Google "daad international programs".
Use the search tools there to search for the available English taught Engr. courses

maxdozie:
I'm presently a student bt got into uni with two waec sittings,i want to ask if dre wil be a complicatn when applyn 4 my msc degree at any german uni,i mean if wen submitting my doc to a german uni shuld i submit my both waec? Nd does it reduce my chances? An urgent reply wil be appreciated. Tnx

The truth is that most masters programmes may not even ask for your O'level. Some may but the most important thing is your BSC transcript of results.

Others can buttress or comment further.

God bless you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by fxsly: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
Eke thanks for the clarification... So someone that made my result equivalent in germany is a guru....sounds interesting.
Also i would like to talk about the quitness of the forum......i feel it could be because when questions are asked some get a not so funny reply..sincerely speaking if anybody coming new here hould try and read pages backwards it does not kill. I also feel now is the best time to strt preperijg for october admission. I will be registering for ielts this coming week hopefully.

Pls for those who has stayed more than 4months in Germany how is survival like over there......i mean securing a job. Because some of us will like to know hw fr as we plan coming. God bless the works of our hands
@Eke hw fr with ur sponsorship matter. Any positive development? Its like u too have stayed more than 6months in germany. Abeg tell us hw fr with job.is it that one cant raise like half of his up keep money in a year?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by rafcrown(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
Please,Can you provide guidance advice and information on how to get job-part time/full time in Germany as EU citizen.Where and what part of Germany is good for getting quick job?Cost of accommodation in Germany.Wish to move very soon.
Jobs and Accommodation.
Is Hamburg OK?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2014
We need to keep this thread alive. The success rate is still on the high side even if some people are not on this thread as active members. The other 4 guys who had their interviews the same day as myself were all given their student visas. 2 left upper week and one left on Friday and the other just last night. So, its still happening. Good morning to you all!

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by baggylips(m): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2014
hollaytan:

Sup bro AM Also putting in for biotech in FUAS, Is it a must to get reference letter frm a prof or a DR can gv d letter.....
i don't think so cos I got my ref letters from Drs.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
@esdajo
Wow......that's true.....we need to keep this thread alive ooooo......
Pls what cities r those guys u did interview headed......is any one for rhine Waal.......no news yet....from the embassy.....oooo.....and these thing of waiting when ur enrollment is almost there is not easy ......pls help jist us.....to calm our anxious nerves...
@ damsamty16
I hail oooo......pls bros what do you advise we do now......should we mail the enrollment guys of the school tomorrow n tell them we r coming on Saturday.....since they said we should email a week in advance....I plan on doing that now.....I just don't know of what to think now....all I think is germany n rhine waal n my studies....n winter,,.....pls tell me if they have contacted you....oooooo.....thanks....
@all I hail
May ur good expectations be granted....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stoicism: 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
esdajo:
We need to keep this thread alive. The success rate is still on the high side even if some people are not on this thread as active members. The other 4 guys who had their interviews the same day as myself were all given their student visas. 2 left upper week and one left on Friday and the other just last night. So, its still happening. Good morning to you all!

pls did anyone of them used sponsorship letter,I plan on using that next year if I can get one from my friend in Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sidraah11: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Eke40seven:

Good luck.

Please could anyone kindly tell us where you can learn German in Ibadan Oyo State,my friend need is urgently and hence this.please help and any advise will be appreciated
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
sidraah11:

Please could anyone kindly tell us where you can learn German in Ibadan Oyo State,my friend need is urgently and hence this.please help and any advise will be appreciated

Your friend can learn German at the University of Ibadan. They offer language courses for non-university students who wish to learn the language and it's per level. Just tell him to go to the Department of German Language and talk to anyone there.

Goodluck wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sidraah11: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
nairalandist:

Your friend can learn German at the University of Ibadan. They offer language courses for non-university students who wish to learn the language and it's per level. Just tell him to go to the Department of German Language and talk to anyone there.

Goodluck wink

Thanks alot,please do you have any contact there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
seems like the real men of this forum are now in Germany

nobody is speaking again
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
sidraah11:

Thanks alot,please do you have any contact there?

Nopes! It's as simple as going there. You don't need anybody's contact. Just tell the person to head straight to the Department of German. You will get 1st hand info on their language courses.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Belly213:
@esdajo
Pls what cities r those guys u did interview headed......is any one for rhine Waal.......no news yet....from the embassy.....oooo.....and these thing of waiting when ur enrollment is almost there is not easy ......pls help jist us.....to calm our anxious nerves...
@ damsamty16
I hail oooo......pls bros what do you advise we do now......should we mail the enrollment guys of the school tomorrow n tell them we r coming on Saturday.....since they said we should email a week in advance....I plan on doing that now.....I just don't know of what to think now....all I think is germany n rhine waal n my studies....n winter,,.....pls tell me if they have contacted you....oooooo.....thanks....
@all I hail
Okay let me tell you my story..I mailed the embassy on tuesday as adviced by a friend and just an hour later I got their reply saying they are stil yet to hear from the aliens authority.Just on thursday a german friend of mine in rhine waal called me on thursday afternoon to ask about my visa because she thought I would be travelling on the friday..I told her the response I got from the embassy and immediately she called the aliens authority in wesel to ask about my application.They asked her for my details which she knows and they said they would get back to her in few minutes.She was called back and they told her my docs just arrived from Nigeria that day and they will send it back to Nigeria immediately..though according to what she said,the embassy mailed them the online copy of the docs on tuesday(which was the day I mailed the embassy about my application) and that they just got the fax copy on thursday.My friend told me to call the embassy to ask them if they got anything from the aliens authority I said ok but I didn't call them until friday when I mailed them but no response till now(I know they don't take fridays serious).So am hoping to get the goodnews tomorrow morning.

Note: I called rhine waal the tuesday I mailed the embassy and the lady told me I have to be in school on friday 14th or I forget it this year..chai I just cut the call ni.But to be sincere,this waiting period is crazy damnit..all thanks to the german machines family for calming me down atall time.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
@Damsamty16

Wooow....Bro......it is well.....am so surprised oooo. I did my interview on the last week of October ooooo. Wow......they got across to them late oooo. I have not mailed the embassy or the School.....then I have to do that tomorrow by God's grace....thanks for the info....well detailed...God go help us ooooo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Belly213:
@Damsamty16

Wooow....Bro......it is well.....am so surprised oooo. I did my interview on the last week of October ooooo. Wow......they got across to them late oooo. I have not mailed the embassy or the School.....then I have to do that tomorrow by God's grace....thanks for the info....well detailed...God go help us ooooo
Amen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
The room is too quiet. It seems most of our members here are so so busy with studies and works in German.
God go bless our hustle o.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by olayinkhar: 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
please house can somebody help with a german invitation letter.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2014
@damsamty16

Please I just sent a mail early this morning to info@lago.diplo.de and am yet to get a response. Please was that the email you used?

Please kindly reply.....thanks

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tosincoker77(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2014
PLS CAN ANYONE CONFIRM WHEN APPLICATION AT THE GERMAN EMBASSY IS CLOSING FOR THE YEAR OR DOES ANYONE NO ANYONE I CAN CALL TO COMFIRM?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2014
tosincoker77:
PLS CAN ANYONE CONFIRM WHEN APPLICATION AT THE GERMAN EMBASSY IS CLOSING FOR THE YEAR OR DOES ANYONE NO ANYONE I CAN CALL TO COMFIRM?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
helo guys. longest time. i still dey loyal oo, just that enjoyment for Germany no gree me get chance to come here grin grin.
Good news will continue to flow in this thread. Amen

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
@naijaobi

Wooow..... grin grin
Amen......n all d best
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
naijaobi:
helo guys. longest time. i still dey loyal oo, just that enjoyment for Germany no gree me get chance to come here grin grin.
Good news will continue to flow in this thread. Amen
That's nice. Have you gotten any info on available jobs yet?

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
rafcrown:
Please,Can you provide guidance advice and information on how to get job-part time/full time in Germany as EU citizen.Where and what part of Germany is good for getting quick job?Cost of accommodation in Germany.Wish to move very soon.
Jobs and Accommodation.
Is Hamburg OK?
Well since you are a EU citizen, you are covered for jobs by this Article 45 Freedom of movement to work
Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the
European Union[14] states that

1. Freedom of movement for workers shall be
secured within the Union.
2. Such freedom of movement shall entail the
abolition of any discrimination based on
nationality between workers of the Member
States as regards employment, remuneration
and other conditions of work and
employment.”
It is however better if you its a Shengen country too.

For you to get a job, you will have to register with the residence office to get a residence permit and then go to the employment bureau to check for vacancies and the type of jobs you are qualified to do.
According to workpermit.com

For Job seeking:
If you are unemployed, you have the right to live in
another EU country for a "reasonable period" of
time in order to look for a job. In the absence of a
definition of "reasonable period", most EU
countries are now operating a six-month period,
though you are advised to check the exact
situation with the national authorities of the EU
country in which you are looking for work.
However, no matter how long you have to look for
a job, you cannot be asked to leave the country if
you can prove that you are genuinely looking for a
job and that you have a real chance of finding one.
For example, you still have interviews or tests to
attend.
You can register at employment agencies and
centres without being resident in the country in
which you wish to work and you will be given the
same help to find work as nationals of that
country.
If you are drawing unemployment benefit in one
member state, you may continue to draw benefit
from that same country for up to three months
after you move to another member state. This is
provided that you have been available to the
employment services in the country where you
have been drawing unemployment benefit for at
least four weeks. The agency paying your
unemployment benefit will issue you with Form
E303. As a job seeker, you must take this form to
the employment services in the country in which
you are seeking work. If you do not find work, you
must return to the first country within three
months, otherwise you will lose your right to
unemployment benefit.
Employment rights
As an EU national working in another EU country
you have the right to live there. For a stay of over
three months, this right is confirmed by the
issuing of a residence permit to EU nationals.
You are subject to the same working conditions as
nationals of the country you are working in as
regards, for example, pay, dismissal, hours of
work, maternity leave and health /safety at work.
You are also subject to the same conditions as
nationals of the host country with regard to the
principles of equality between men and women.

In terms of employment, it depends on what job category you are. seeking for and your qualifications.

Economically, Germany can be said to hàve a north-south divide and a east-west divide. The southern states of Baden Württemberg (Stuttgart, Ulms, Freiburg, etc) and. Bavaria (Munich, Augsburg, Fürth, Nuremberg, Ingolstadt, etc) are generally better economically than the northern states. While in another classification The former west Germany is fàr richer than the former east Germany and better economically.

You can check for jobs in different with the tool on Jobbörse

By January, a new minimum wage of €8 will be introduced.

The cost of a room apartment varies from 200-350 depending on the city, give or take a few euros depending on some states that can be extremely cheap or expensive.

You can however go and test the waters before moving over permanently. Also check for similar enquiries on "toytown-Germany".
Hope you find it useful.
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
Eke40seven:

By January, a new minimum wage of €8 will be introduced.

The cost of a room apartment varies from 200-350 depending on the city, give or take a few euros depending on some states that can be extremely cheap or expensive.

You can however go and test the waters before moving over permanently. Also check for similar enquiries on "toytown-Germany".
Hope you find it useful.
God bless you.

Just to add to that, guys are really counting on that 8.5 Euro/hr to be precise grin grin grin although the minimum wage will be compulsory from 2015 but with a two year-transition period granted to the different sectors so it might not be fast enough as expected, depending on the sector although there are speculations that people who have been unemployed for long periods and people new to their work system should have to work for at least 6months before being integrated with this minimum wage and also it might not cover certain internships less than 3months.
Not feeling too good because I couldn't make it for enrollment this year. D tin be say wetin I goo dey do for haus till winter? Nothing daunted 2015, application clearly in view and I'd better learn some "badass" German before then. Gemeinsam wir sind stark.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2014
Belly213:
@esdajo
@ damsamty16
@all I hail

@Belly213 I dont have an idea of the schools they went to. However, one went to Hannover. The most important thing is that if you are qualified, you will get the visa so dont fret over anything whether enrollment deadline or any other deadline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.