Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885716 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Debbie06: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2014
[Hello house I am new here. Nice work. Got some really helpful information here. Pls I av a question. Has anyone ever applied for visa with a confirmation of application from the school? I applied to the university in dortmund for a course for summer taught in german language. I also already paid for a language school which would commence in feb. I can't wait til the university in dortmund sends me admission letter cos dat would take a while. So I requested for a confirmation of applicationfrom the university so that I can commence visa application immediately. Wat do u guys think? Btw, I have a b1 goethe certificate in german ]. quote author=Eke40seven post=27826004]

Except in situations where the admission is so restricted and competition is very fierce, your result should be good enough.
On German scale, it is 2.2 and most schools will require 2.5 or better (which means numerically less)
Note: in Germany the lower the better e.g highest score in Germany is 1.0 while its 5.0 in Nigeria.
Good luck

They do but before you ask any further questions, read at least the last 100 pages to get you started.

Read!! read!! read!! it was the topic of discussion from page 447 and you don't need to translate in German as long as you are submitting to Uni-assist
[/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2014
@esdajo

Thanks for your reply....at least lets keep the thread moving.....my enrollment deadline is Nov. 15.....which is on Saturday n today is Tuesday....it is well......I know God will perfect everything for u and me.....His purpose for our lives will surely be fulfilled. I have taken all anxiousness away now.......God's purpose will stand. Thanks

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi.I inquired likewise some weeks back from the embassy.I was expressly told that only an admission letter would suffice.My advice is that u keep tabs on your application in the school and put pressure on them so as to get your admission letter out in time.Some of us are having horrific visa delay issues now because of late arrival of admission letter........My 2 kobo.Best wishes!
Debbie06:
[Hello house I am new here. Nice work. Got some really helpful information here. Pls I av a question. Has anyone ever applied for visa with a confirmation of application from the school? I applied to the university in dortmund for a course for summer taught in german language. I also already paid for a language school which would commence in feb. I can't wait til the university in dortmund sends me admission letter cos dat would take a while. So I requested for a confirmation of applicationfrom the university so that I can commence visa application immediately. Wat do u guys think? Btw, I have a b1 goethe certificate in german ]. quote author=Eke40seven post=27826004]

Except in situations where the admission is so restricted and competition is very fierce, your result should be good enough.
On German scale, it is 2.2 and most schools will require 2.5 or better (which means numerically less)
Note: in Germany the lower the better e.g highest score in Germany is 1.0 while its 5.0 in Nigeria.
Good luck

They do but before you ask any further questions, read at least the last 100 pages to get you started.

Read!! read!! read!! it was the topic of discussion from page 447 and you don't need to translate in German as long as you are submitting to Uni-assist
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mohthayho: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi guyz,
I just need some advice on what to do about my application.

I went 4 an interview at the Germany embassy Lagos last week Friday and my application and documents was not collected by the person that interviewed me she said my documents are not complete that I should get them complete and then reapply in 3weeks time and by that time my invitation letter would have expired because of the visiting date stated on it and I also need to be in UK b4 that date and go to Germany from UK.

I left the embassy disappointed after spending a lot of time there I thought she would have collected my documents and then asked me to bring back the documents she requested this week but she didn't give me that option. I really felt bad and I didn't know if she had actually done me a favour by not collecting my documents and stamping my passport or she purposely wanted to push me away.

I had to send a mail to them to reschedule another interview for me this week but they replied and said I would have to rebook another date for another interview and my I.v can last for 6months so I can rebook another appointment anytime.

Now my problem is that I dont have enough time because the next interview date is in another 2weeks and I need to be in the UK b4 then.

My question now is that can I apply for this same visit visa with all my documents when I get to the UK. Is it possible for me to apply for Germany visit visa in the UK.

Please I will be very grateful if I can get a positive response as soon as possible from you guys.

Peace.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mohthayho:
Hi guyz,
I just need some advice on what to do about my application.

I went 4 an interview at the Germany embassy Lagos last week Friday and my application and documents was not collected by the person that interviewed me she said my documents are not complete that I should get them complete and then reapply in 3weeks time and by that time my invitation letter would have expired because of the visiting date stated on it and I also need to be in UK b4 that date and go to Germany from UK.

I left the embassy disappointed after spending a lot of time there I thought she would have collected my documents and then asked me to bring back the documents she requested this week but she didn't give me that option. I really felt bad and I didn't know if she had actually done me a favour by not collecting my documents and stamping my passport or she purposely wanted to push me away.

I had to send a mail to them to reschedule another interview for me this week but they replied and said I would have to rebook another date for another interview and my I.v can last for 6months so I can rebook another appointment anytime.

Now my problem is that I dont have enough time because the next interview date is in another 2weeks and I need to be in the UK b4 then.

My question now is that can I apply for this same visit visa with all my documents when I get to the UK. Is it possible for me to apply for Germany visit visa in the UK.

Please I will be very grateful if I can get a positive response as soon as possible from you guys.

Peace.

I know this for a fact you can never apply for a schegen Visa from the UK as a tourist or on a visit visa. To apply from the UK you would need some other type of residence permit, as a student or worker or an entrepreneur but definitely not as a visitor. Your best bet is to apply for the schegen visa here before departing to the UK.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mohthayho: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Donxavier:

I know this for a fact you can never apply for a schegen Visa from the UK as a tourist or on a visit visa. To apply from the UK you would need some other type of residence permit, as a student or worker or an entrepreneur but definitely not as a visitor. Your best bet is to apply for the schegen visa here before departing to the UK.

Thanks so much for your quick response but what if someone who has a residence permit stands for me in the UK can I still apply.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
please house, whats d chances of Someone with CGPA 3..44 on a 5.00 grade scale going for masters in Germany? any hope for admission at all?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
pls what is the cgpa of 4.12 on German scale
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mohthayho:

Thanks so much for your quick response but what if someone who has a residence permit stands for me in the UK can I still apply.

No. It's your status they are concerned about, not someone else
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
Let me help you with the formular....so u can help those coming behind you.It is Your highest possible grade(5) minus grade earned (4.12) all divided by the highest possible grade(5) minus lowest possible grade(1).whatever you get,multiply it by 3 and then add 1.In your case,it is 5-4.12/5-1=0.22*3=0.66+1=1.66.......On the scale....You are on 'GOOD'
hollaytan:
pls what is the cgpa of 4.12 on German scale

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jerikoyan(m): 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
when u get to ui asked for faculty of art european study dept d man in charge is mr okusehinde 10k or 15k per lever or u go the dept secretary for inquiry
sidraah11:

Thanks alot,please do you have any contact there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
tayoslayer:

Just to add to that, guys are really counting on that 8.5 Euro/hr to be precise grin grin grin although the minimum wage will be compulsory from 2015 but with a two year-transition period granted to the different sectors so it might not be fast enough as expected, depending on the sector although there are speculations that people who have been unemployed for long periods and people new to their work system should have to work for at least 6months before being integrated with this minimum wage and also it might not cover certain internships less than 3months.
Not feeling too good because I couldn't make it for enrollment this year. D tin be say wetin I goo dey do for haus till winter? Nothing daunted 2015, application clearly in view and I'd better learn some "badass" German before then. Gemeinsam wir sind stark.

Sie haben eine Nachricht

you have a message bro !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
seunstein:
Let me help you with the formular....so u can help those coming behind you.It is Your highest possible grade(5) minus grade earned (4.12) all divided by the highest possible grade(5) minus lowest possible grade(1).whatever you get,multiply it by 3 and then add 1.In your case,it is 5-4.12/5-1=0.22*3=0.66+1=1.66.......On the scale....You are on 'GOOD'

wow.............thanks for the explanation
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
Visa granted today! Glory to God almighty, the creator of heavens and the earth..To Him alone i dedicate this victory...I want to thank and appreciate the german machines family and our bosses in germo who has in one way or the other inspired me to achieve this dream; oga Godson2013333,Topeajis,Tmed,bissiejoe&kayusboss,dolpaz, ur selfless services in moving the thread to this level, will never go un-rewarded...I also want to thank (EKE40SEVEN),seunstein,naijaobi,phucado,realk,spenx,patrick baba,omooba adegbayi,DEHONOURABLE,ops,Ebele,Abiegurl,Marvel,Honourableseyi,omojaiyejaiye,magnus,betty and host of other comrades dt data
will not permit me to mention...May the Good Lord continue to increase and maximise your potentials... Amen! By his mercy, may he grant other expectants.. Amen!

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO

9 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
damsamty16:
Visa granted today! Glory to God almighty, the creator of heavens and the earth..To Him alone i dedicate this victory...I want to thank and appreciate the german machines family and our bosses in germo who has in one way or the other inspired me to achieve this dream; oga Godson2013333,Topeajis,Tmed,bissiejoe&kayusboss,dolpaz, ur selfless services in moving the thread to this level, will never go un-rewarded...I also want to thank (EKE40SEVEN),seunstein,naijaobi,phucado,realk,spenx,patrick baba,omooba adegbayi,DEHONOURABLE,ops,Ebele,Abiegurl,Marvel,Honourableseyi,omojaiyejaiye,magnus,betty and host of other comrades dt data
will not permit me to mention...May the Good Lord continue to increase and maximise your potentials... Amen! By his mercy, may he grant other expectants.. Amen!

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO
congrat bro
surulere
God is gud o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 12:25am On Nov 12, 2014
@All, when leaving Nigeria, make sure you hold extra 500 Euro for accommodation.. cuz it's not funny.. don't trust those Nigerian bank master or visa cards ooo..

Try as much as possible to come with few food stuffs for your first few days.. come with a laptop plzzz..

my 2kobo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 3:13am On Nov 12, 2014
Justcul:
@All, when leaving Nigeria, make sure you hold extra 500 Euro for accommodation.. cuz it's not funny.. don't trust those Nigerian bank master or visa cards ooo..

Try as much as possible to come with few food stuffs for your first few days.. come with a laptop plzzz..

my 2kobo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 3:13am On Nov 12, 2014
Justcul:

my 2kobo
Thanks boss *noted*
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 12, 2014
damsamty16:

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO

Congrats
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2014
damsamty16:

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO

Yayyyy!!!! Congrats bro!
Really happy for you. Do keep in touch! Cheers!
but i fit arrest you as your data no gree you call my name. lol!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2014
damsamty16:

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO

Belly213 you are next oh! i hope you have gotten your mail from them
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 8:37am On Nov 12, 2014
damsamty16:

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO

Congrats buddy. It is all about God. Still out of town presently but will call when I come in if I can still make up with the time. Celebration galore
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 10:13am On Nov 12, 2014
damsamty16:

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO
congrats bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Anthoniuf: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
Please I need some infomation. I wish to apply to Goeth language school in germany to study their german language and my uncle in germany wishes me to stay with him while I study the course over there. He has asked me to make an application, but am getting so worried. Will I be given a visa to study thE language course since he will be my sponsor there in germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
damsamty16:

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO
God wouldn't have it any other way brother, your testimony was sure. Go and succeed brother.....Germany awaits a you with arms open wide.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Anthoniuf:
Please I need some infomation. I wish to apply to Goeth language school in germany to study their german language and my uncle in germany wishes me to stay with him while I study the course over there. He has asked me to make an application, but am getting so worried. Will I be given a visa to study thE language course since he will be my sponsor there in germany?
If you have what it takes, why not just apply for a school and so apply for student visa once and for all. Well, whatever decision you take, note that the embassy may not be well disposed towards giving visa for language school alone except you have the intention of actually using that as a basis for going to a proper tertiary institution. In essence, even if you are applying for a language school, go for a student visa and also have proofs that you will actually go for a tertiary institution later by applying for them now. Others with better experience can contribute too.
My 2 cowries.

P.S. my observation above may nor be 100% accurate so seek for more opinion and do more searches before you make your decisions.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
seunstein:
Please can u throw more light on the grade ranks...
Which one is excellent? Very good?
Good?..etc
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Obiwannn:

Please can u throw more light on the grade ranks...
Which one is excellent? Very good?
Good?..etc
Here is the grading system again, culled from wikipedia
"In German universities (except for law schools)
a 1 to 5 scale is used:
1,0-1,5 sehr gut (very good: an outstanding
achievement)
1,6-2,5 gut (good: an achievement which lies
substantially above average requirements)
2,6-3,5 befriedigend (satisfactory: an
achievement which corresponds to average
requirements)
3,6-4,0 ausreichend (sufficient: an
achievement which barely meets the
requirements)
4,1-5,0 nicht ausreichend / nicht bestanden
(not sufficient / failed: an achievement which
does not meet the requirements)!
source:
Wikipedia (2014). "Academic Grading in Germany". [Retrieved from] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Germany [Accessed on 12/11/2014]

You can use the tool on this site to convert your grades..if you are finding it hard to do manually..
https://io.uni-paderborn.de/en/incoming/full-time-students/calculator-for-grade-transfer/

Also note that many German masters programmes may require a German grade of 2.5 or better.

Seunstein can help you with more info.

Hope you find this helpful for the meanwhile.
Good luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Eke40seven:

Here is the grading system again, culled from wikipedia
"In German universities (except for law schools)
a 1 to 5 scale is used:
1,0-1,5 sehr gut (very good: an outstanding
achievement)
1,6-2,5 gut (good: an achievement which lies
substantially above average requirements)
2,6-3,5 befriedigend (satisfactory: an
achievement which corresponds to average
requirements)
3,6-4,0 ausreichend (sufficient: an
achievement which barely meets the
requirements)
4,1-5,0 nicht ausreichend / nicht bestanden
(not sufficient / failed: an achievement which
does not meet the requirements)!
source:
Wikipedia (2014). "Academic Grading in Germany". [Retrieved from] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Germany [Accessed on 12/11/2014]

You can use the tool on this site to convert your grades..if you are finding it hard to do manually..
https://io.uni-paderborn.de/en/incoming/full-time-students/calculator-for-grade-transfer/

Also note that many German masters programmes may require a German grade of 2.5 or better.

Seunstein can help you with more info.

Hope you find this helpful for the meanwhile.
Good luck!
from ur earlier explanation, I understand that my 3.44 is equivalent to 2.17. please what's my chances of being admitted pls?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
hello house….….am sending my documents next week, as I plan to use nipost registered mail, pls will it get to Germany before first of October?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house….….am sending my documents next week, as I plan to use nipost registered mail, pls will it get to Germany before first of October ?
u meant December?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Eke40seven, you are doing a great job here. Keep on.
I have a sister that knows a Nigerian German willing to help her, a close family friend. She wants to know if there are other options for her aside student visa to migrate to Germany?

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.