Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884503 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
Eke40seven:

Your statements are not absolutely clear, but if I get you right, you are looking for an MSc course in mass communication and other related courses which your Bsc degree in Mass communication will qualify you to take up.
Well, if that clarification is in the affirmative then I advise you to use DAAD, there are definitely courses you will find. While you are at it, check, university of Ilmenau, they offer an English taught masters programme in mass communication. However, the state of the town/city economically to find a job while studying is something I can't really vouch for (its a small university town in Thuringia)
However, generally, Germany is good for student works and your chances of getting job after graduation is strongly tied to your ability to speak German and what you came out with.
You should above all things, endeavor to read the thread, you will find answers to interesting questions and more
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck

Belly213, am glad you were able to meet up with your enrollment.. was praying you did all the time you were in correspondence with damsamty16. God was truly at work in your case.
Go and succeed!

Eke47 you are a wonderful person. I want to be a friend. Can I pm?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bolajesu: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
hello house what are the job prospects after doing msc in Germany... I have been given admission in Dresden university and I am somehow skeptical about the city...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abuc: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Bankijey:

I have a fiend in University of Madgeburg... he's usually a joker but the only thing he complained about is 'Too much Chinese. F**king asians' and he can hardly get girls cos he knows very little german

Thanks very much. Your friend is definitely a joker grin I'm not going to Germany for Babes but for Knowledge acquisition cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abuc: 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Eke40seven:

If you look through some of my first posts on the thread, you will find my comments on Dessau, in the same state. The state actually has the lowest number of foreign borns in Germany.
But the truth is that different people experience a place in a different way, one man's meat is another man's poison..Economically those two cities may not be the best but they are one of the cheapest places in Germany. Halle is a typical student town while Magdeburg is the capital of the state. Getting per time job may be tougher without the knowledge of German but that doesn't mean you won't survive.
Racism and other stuffs may be exaggerated too as old Germans there may not be interested in your affairs beyond a stunned look of your exoticness and a deep thought of the good old days when their parks were free from a dark race who spoke in strange tongues. For the most part, they are too occupied thinking about how their dogs are going to be fed and which brand of beer to buy for their 47th wedding anniversary.

My advice, just choose all the schools and see which one will give you admission, then you can make your decision from there.
My 2 cowries.
Good luck!

Thanks Eke. If Madgeburg is hospitable with foreigners, then I have no other issues. I currently manage a very small digital media agency here in Lagos and I believe the small agency can still fetch me some cash while I'm in Germany. Though as an Entrepreneur, if there is an opportunity to start a small digital agency in Germany; I won't hesitate but my main motivation is getting more knowledge to the level of MBA.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
damsamty16:
Visa granted today! Glory to God almighty, the creator of heavens and the earth..To Him alone i dedicate this victory...I want to thank and appreciate the german machines family and our bosses in germo who has in one way or the other inspired me to achieve this dream; oga Godson2013333,Topeajis,Tmed,bissiejoe&kayusboss,dolpaz, ur selfless services in moving the thread to this level, will never go un-rewarded...I also want to thank (EKE40SEVEN),seunstein,naijaobi,phucado,realk,spenx,patrick baba,omooba adegbayi,DEHONOURABLE,ops,Ebele,Abiegurl,Marvel,Honourableseyi,omojaiyejaiye,magnus,betty and host of other comrades dt data
will not permit me to mention...May the Good Lord continue to increase and maximise your potentials... Amen! By his mercy, may he grant other expectants.. Amen!

Thanks ooooOooooOoooooO

Wow, Viel gluck mein bruder...

Wishing you all the best in Deutschland.. carry winter Hood/Jacket along oo.. cos its freaking cold

Eke40Seven is up Next !

Alles Gutes !

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
Belly213:
Wooooowww.......thanks be to God.......Glory Glory Glory.......I got the sweet mail on Tuesday......I collected on Wednesday and travelled that Wednesday and arrived on Thursday.

All be praise be to God.........
I really want to thank all those God used in this forum to touch my life n that of others.....u were wonderful........

My story in summary.....
I found daad around July n found this forum around August after intense googling n research. Before that I have googled almost 260 schools using Wikipedia n the process was so slow because there was no search criteria for streamlining your search like Daad. So the search was vague. I found about my school in this forum and I must confess the application was kinda easy, compared to most schools I applied for...initially I was looking for summer semester 2015 but due to the application extension of my school it was possible for me to get admission.....my interview was kinda late and the visa was granted quickly....probably due to my quick enrollment deadline.
I also had an issue of variation of age of my WAEC certificate and WAec refused to change it because I don't have a well registered birth certificate...even though I show them d first waec certificate I wrote from my alma mater and secondary school documents with my correct date of birth. ( when I didn't make english from my alma mater waec, I re registered for waec in a state government school and everything about my date of birth was wrong, day, month and year and since I made all the subjects in this waec that is what I used....but if I had seen my certificate earlier on I would have re written waec but I saw it about 10 years later...I was using my statement all this while)....but with a simple affidavit,....the embassy accepted....I really thank God.....d questions were the same thing u have read in this forum....
To the newbies in this forum please try n read....I have read all the pages in this forum...interesting ones, boring ones, intelligent, repeated ones etc it was a great experience.
To others especially those that has been a major inspiration I wish you all the best and Gods mercies....you r all interesting....
All the best.

Congrats dearie..

Let the testimony keep rolling in

Geinmensam Sind Wir Stark
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Eke u are doing a good Job here! Still waiting for visa! Damsamty really happy for you! Go and suceed
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
bolajesu:
hello house what are the job prospects after doing msc in Germany... I have been given admission in Dresden university and I am somehow skeptical about the city...
As I stated earlier, your GRADUATE job prospect is greatly tied to/enhanced by your German Language proficiency and how good your degree is. Note that you have much more to prove than a native so I will advise you to work to finish among the first 20% of your class. And nobody will force you to stay back in Dresden after studies, you can always migrate to greener pastures. Nevertheless, you cannot label Dresden as a bad place, it is one of the better cities in the East and relatively industrialised and vibrant....the silicon valley of Germany or will I say eastern Europe. Czech republic is just a stone throw in case you want to add one more country to the profile of the places you have visited and no one will know you just literally trekked to the country.
By law, you are allowed to spend 18 months to 2 years legally in Germany after graduation to search for a Graduate level job.. If you have admission then you should rejoice rather than being skeptical, you could however, seek for other places in order to widen your choice.
I hope other more experienced ogas can help you out.

My 2 cowries!

P.S. TU Dresden is one of the best schools in Germany

@Dolpaz Amen o! long time

@pricelessmr, I hail you sir

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
Osheeeeeeeeey.......fans!......We sight you too sir.
tayoslayer:
Just going through the web and saw this pic from technichal university of munchen dated 21st May 2014 #bringbackourgirls angry Shout out to those at Munchen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
I stumbled on this FAQ about life in Germany and resident permit.

Frequently asked questions & answers on job hunting and residence permits

JOB HUNTING

1. Which qualifications do I need in order to be able to work in Germany after my degree?

It is necessary that you find a job which suits the degree you acquired. You need to have a residence permit which allows you to work.

2. Which requirements must the position meet?

The job must suit the qualifications you acquired. This means that it needs to be a job that you qualified for through your academic studies. The adequacy of the position, especially of the payment, is being estimated according to the current employment situation. There is no minimum income so that a minor payment does not lead to problems in a respective economic situation. The requirements are being assessed by the ‘Bundesagentur für Arbeit’ which - as a general rule - must give its approval for the issuance of a residence permit.

3. How much time do I have to find a job in Germany?

Of course, you can already start searching for a job during your period of studies. After your graduation from university, your study permit can be extended for the purpose of finding a job for up to 18 months. You can use this time to search for a job. If you were successful in finding a job, your current study permit can be transferred into a residence permit with the purpose of employment. This is only possible when all other requirements are met. Leaving the country and a new application for a residence permit is not required.

4. Am I allowed to work while searching for a job?

Yes. For an extension of your residence permit you only need to prove that you can cover your living expenses and that you obtained a new sufficient health insurance – the health insurance for students is not valid any more after you have deregistered from university. For this employment, the restrictions which applied to you during your period of studies do not hold any more (120 whole days/240 half days). This means that you can work full time in every kind of job and that your own income can be used as a proof of finances. However, you do not need to prove a steady income per month (currently 659 Euros for students) any more, but instead you need to prove an amount which consists of:
379 Euros current minimum income/adult + rent + health insurance + monthly bin taxes

5. Who can help me finding a job?

You can find job advertisements for academics in trans-regional papers and periodicals, www.academics.de and on the website of the Career Service of the University Konstanz.

6. Who can help me to complete my application documents?

Applying for a job for the first time, the Career Service of the University of Konstanz is the correct contact. You can profit from the Career Service application-checkand useful tips about strategies on how to find a job.

7. Where can I file the application for the extension of a residence permit?

The foreigners’ office of the town you are registered with is responsible for the application of an extension of the residence permit for the reason of finding work. Note that you have to change and extend your residence status early, best before you get your graduation certificate. In Konstanz, the responsible office is the ‘Ausländerwesen der Stadt Konstanz’ – the immigration office of the city of Konstanz.

Ausländerwesen der Stadt Konstanz
Untere Laube 24
78459 Konstanz

Appointments can be requested here:
E-Mail: auslaenderamt(at)stadt.konstanz.de

8. Which documents do I need to bring?

For an extension of your residence permit with the reason of searching for a job it is most essential that you can prove that you can cover your living expenses and that you have a new and sufficient health insurance. Either you change to the health plan for voluntary insurance with the official health insurance companies or you insure yourself privately. Apart from this, you obviously need the application form, a valid passport, a biometrical photo and you must pay the administration fee.

RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR EMPLOYMENT

9. Is it sufficient to show an application for a job or do I need to provide a contract?

It is required to provide a contract in order to apply for a residence permit with the reason of employment. Applications for a job are not sufficient.

10. Who can get a Blue Card EU?

Third-country-citizens receive a Blue Card EU if they hold a German university degree or an approved foreign university degree. Furthermore, they need to provide evidence of a specific workplace.

11. Which requirements does the workplace have to meet?

The workplace must meet the qualifications of the foreigner. Moreover, the salary must comply with a minimum salary which is currently 44.800 Euros per year or 3.733 Euros per month.

Special arrangements hold for certain scientific professions, so-called shortage occupations in Germany, e.g. physicists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors, bio scientists: 34.944 Euros per year or 2912 Euros per month.

If the salary is below this, then a Blue Card EU cannot be issued. In this case, you can still get a residence permit with the purpose of employment, as described in No. 2.

If you are a host scientist at a German university or research institution and if you are funded by a scholarship or get any funding from your home country, then you do not get a Blue Card EU. In this case, you can arrange a so called hosting agreement for the purpose of research with your institution. You can use the hosting agreement for receiving a residence permit for research. This is possible with a minimum income of currently 1750 Euros per month (west) or resp. at lower deviation the corresponding individual minimum income as described in no.4.

At the University of Konstanz, the Welcome Center will be able to assist you in getting the hosting agreement.

12. For which period of time is the Blue Card EU being issued?

The Blue Card EU is being issued for the duration of four years if you apply for the first time. If the working contract ends before the Blue Card EU expires, then the Blue Card EU is being adjusted, and it is valid for three more months after the end of the contract.

13. What happens if you change the workplace?

During the first two years of occupation you need to get permission from the foreigners’ office to change your workplace. You still need to get the minimum salary as described in no. 11.

14. When can I get an unlimited residence permit if I already have a temporary Blue Card EU?

An unlimited residence permit, also called settlement permit, can be granted after 33 months if you hold an employment as required by the Blue Card EU and if you have paid for the pension and insurance funds.

After 21 months already, you can receive an unlimited residence permit if you can prove German language skills (level B1).

15. What happens if I leave the EU?

Principally, you can leave the European Union at any time without losing your Blue Card EU. You can spend a maximum of 12 months outside the EU without losing your residence permit. This rule also applies to your family members. Before you leave, you should still contact your local immigration office.

16. Holding the Blue Card EU, can I also work in another EU-state?

Yes. However, only after an employment of 18 months duration in one EU-country.

17. Can I also work freelance?

Graduates of a German university can be given permission to work freelance. To do so, the freelance job needs to be related to the qualifications gained by your academic studies.

As a researcher and academic, you can work freelance if you hold a residence permit for the purpose of work or research. Again, in this case the freelance work needs to be related appropriately to your research field.

18. Can I only receive an unlimited settlement permit if I have held a Blue Card EU before?

No. Graduates of a German university can be given a settlement permit if they
- hold a residence permit for reasons of work for at least two years
- the employment corresponds the qualification of the academic degree
- obligatory payments for the pension fund have been made for at least 24 months
- the basic requirements for the issuance of a settlement permit are met
19. Which regulations apply if I am from a new accession state of the EU (Bulgaria and Rumania)?

For Bulgaria and Rumania, the freedom for the employee only comes into effect by 01.01.2014. However, already now exceptions apply to Rumanian and Bulgarian graduates of a German university: You do not need a work permit if you can prove an employment which suits your academic qualifications or if you want to start a vocational education or a seasonal employment.

20. Can I add former time periods of residences to the requirements of the settlement permit?

Yes. Former residence periods count for the settlement permit, e.g. the period of studies up to a maximum of half of it. For a holder of a Blue Card EU, the following special condition applies: also residence periods in other European countries count for the settlement permit.

21. Are family members of a holder of the Blue Card EU allowed to follow and to work in Germany?

The policy of the family reunion applies: Family members (spouse, children) get a residence permit. It also entitles the spouse to work in Germany without any restrictions.

22. Does the spouse need to prove any knowledge of the German language before the arrival in Germany?

No. The spouse of the holder of a Blue Card EU does not need to provide any German language skills.

23. Can my university degree from abroad be officially approved in Germany?

Yes. Since April 2012, persons with professional or academic qualifications from abroad have the legal right to get information on the equivalency of their qualifications with corresponding German qualifications. You can also apply for recognition from abroad. A legal entitlement exists to have your documents assessed. Further information can be found here.

Link: http://www.international.uni-konstanz.de/en/international-students/studying-in-konstanz/working-in-germany-after-graduation/students-of-non-eueeu-countries-switzeland/legal-issues/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hello guys, i need several contribution and experienced information + expectation. Thanks as you reply.
My question:
After opening your blocked account, is it possible to fund your German account using western union. (They will only charge you 4.90 euros equivalent in Naira) without going through the MALLAM. Without doing the black market Naira to Euro exchange i mean.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
hello house please anybody applying or have a knowledge about Flensburg university should help me out, I don't have a test of English certificate, I only have a letter of English proficiency from my school, am applying for MSC in biotechnology....can I go ahead with my application with my proficiency letter from my school? .......,pls help!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hello house! I forgot to update you on my case. I got my passport back from the Nigerian Immigration Service through a God-sent acquaintance from my barber's shop who took me to meet a senior immigration official who walked down to the office where they usually send passports with fake visa and/or stamps. She collected it from the officer in charge of entering the list on their computer before forwarding the list and the passports to Abuja where the names of such individuals are blacklisted from getting another International Passport unless they change their names or so she said. Though I parted with about 40k to achieve that and I have also declared the old passport missing, filed a report at the Police station and swore to an affidavit declaring same to be missing.

Documents had been forwarded to Abuja for processing. I am now expecting the directive to come over to capture. My school will be sending another admission letter by next month for summer semester 2015 hopefully as per our agreement but in all these, I will not hesitate to say God has really been so merciful. He simplified the whole process and also gave me the strength to handle the issue so lightly, afterall my existence is dependent on Him and nothing and no one else.

Please, lets keep this thread alive,active and very informative as we all have and are still benefiting from the wealth of information going around here.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
Plss house i read ds requirement on Hamburg university of applied science and i dnt understand

*Secondary school certificate
(twelve school years minimum)
equivalent to the German
"Abitur" or "Fachhochschulreife" *

uni-assist:
Students who completed their
school education outside
Germany must have their
certificates approved by uni-
assist ( http://www.uni-assist.de)
BEFORE applying to the HAW
Hamburg. The pre-registration
documentation from uni-assist
must be sent with the application
forms, etc., when applying to the
HAW Hamburg. Please be advised
that this process can take six to
eight weeks, so please apply
early
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
Eke40seven:

As I stated earlier, your GRADUATE job prospect is greatly tied to/enhanced by your German Language proficiency and how good your degree is. Note that you have much more to prove than a native so I will advise you to work to finish among the first 20% of your class. And nobody will force you to stay back in Dresden after studies, you can always migrate to greener pastures. Nevertheless, you cannot label Dresden as a bad place, it is one of the better cities in the East and relatively industrialised and vibrant....the silicon valley of Germany or will I say eastern Europe. Czech republic is just a stone throw in case you want to add one more country to the profile of the places you have visited and no one will know you just literally trekked to the country.
By law, you are allowed to spend 18 months to 2 years legally in Germany after graduation to search for a Graduate level job.. If you have admission then you should rejoice rather than being skeptical, you could however, seek for other places in order to widen your choice.
I hope other more experienced ogas can help you out.

My 2 cowries!

P.S. TU Dresden is one of the best schools in Germany

@Dolpaz Amen o! long time

@pricelessmr, I hail you sir

Brother, I Just Loyal ooo...
How far with processing? will hit you up shortly thru our regular means.

Just to add to what Eke40Seven has stressed out, you will be needing a bit of german knowledge to integrate well into the system. According to information i got from peeps over there, learning, studying the german language and working can be extremely stressful. if you have the opportunity to learn at least A1 here in Nigeria, do just that.. hope this helps !
My little observation grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
oluwaniyin:
Hello guys, i need several contribution and experienced information + expectation. Thanks as you reply.
My question:
After opening your blocked account, is it possible to fund your German account using western union. (They will only charge you 4.90 euros equivalent in Naira) without going through the MALLAM. Without doing the black market Naira to Euro exchange i mean.

No way Sir ! The only acceptable means of transferring money into your block account is through the bank. I think Deutsch bank will be interested in verifying the source. also, you need to fill in some information which the bank will need to ascertain your transaction.. Western Union/ Aboki is a NO-NO please be wise with your hard earned cash. though i stand corrected !

Meine zwei Loffel (My Two spoons)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house please anybody applying or have a knowledge about Flensburg university should help me out, I don't have a test of English certificate, I only have a letter of English proficiency from my school, am applying for MSC in biotechnology....can I go ahead with my application with my proficiency letter from my school? .......,pls help!!!!!!!!

Send a mail to the international student center/your department/course adviser and explain to them about your situation.
Tell them about your ability to tender a letter of proficiency from your department here in Nigeria. if its accepted, they will give you the go ahead. Some schools dont accept letter of proficiency (e.g Rhine Waal) even if you be President Goodluck Jonathan Pikin grin grin

Some schools set standards and adhere to it, while others tend to bend their rules. wink wink

Best Regards !

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
Mickyboiz:
Plss house i read ds requirement on Hamburg university of applied science and i dnt understand

*Secondary school certificate
(twelve school years minimum)
equivalent to the German
"Abitur" or "Fachhochschulreife" *

uni-assist:
Students who completed their
school education outside
Germany must have their
certificates approved by uni-
assist ( http://www.uni-assist.de)
BEFORE applying to the HAW
Hamburg. The pre-registration
documentation from uni-assist
must be sent with the application
forms, etc., when applying to the
HAW Hamburg. Please be advised
that this process can take six to
eight weeks, so please apply
early

Oga, Its very simple.. shows you dont read. and am afraid after answering your question, another question will develop.. anyway, To apply for B.sc Course in Germany, you will be needing either your 100level university result, or HND result/transcripts, or even your B.sc result as the case may be. those results stated earlier amounts to "The German Arbitur".... stand corrected shocked

To simplify the definition: Uni-assist is a service which handles intending foreign student, wishing to apply for a study place in a german educational institution. there are some fees charged for this service.

Visit this page to read more http://www.uni-assist.de/index_en.html

Alles Gute !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by necz: 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Please i need anyone to respond to my question if you are sure........

Please i need to know how much should be in my Bank Account Statement when applying for Schengen Visa and can i also use a Sponsors/Guardian Bank Account Statement from my own country (Nigeria)? I applied for a Visa to study in a university in Europe

Because i am very sure they will verify it is not my own account. So please how do i do this?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
Evening all, I just wanna say am live in germany..glory be to God almighty.And may God bless bissiejoe kayusboss for accommodating me

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by necz: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
damsamty16:
Evening all, I just wanna say am live in germany..glory be to God almighty.And may God bless bissiejoe kayusboss for accommodating me

Am happy for you

But please i need your help as regards Schengen Visa application. Can i use my guardian Bank Account Statement as proof and mentioning him as my guardian & sponsor? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
dolpaz:

Send a mail to the international student center/your department/course adviser and explain to them about your situation.
Tell them about your ability to tender a letter of proficiency from your department here in Nigeria. if its accepted, they will give you the go ahead. Some schools dont accept letter of proficiency (e.g Rhine Waal) even if you be President Goodluck Jonathan Pikin grin grin

Some schools set standards and adhere to it, while others tend to bend their rules. wink wink

Best Regards !

thanks bro.....will mail them
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
damsamty16:

congrats bro, am very happy for you.....I part I join you fellow in Germany in summer...... enjoy d cold weather
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
necz:

Please i need to know how much should be in my Bank Account Statement when applying for Schengen Visa and can i also use a Sponsors/Guardian Bank Account Statement from my own country (Nigeria)? I applied for a Visa to study in a university in Europe

Because i am very sure they will verify it is not my own account. So please how do i do this?
Brother, "a university in Europe" is not specific enough even if its Shengen......the procedures in the Netherland is quite different from that in Denmark and Denmark different from Italy, France and Germany..
Be specific and if its not GERMANY, you can to yourself a favour and locate the appropriate thread because you may not get the right response in the wrong thread or even get a response at all.
My 2 cowries!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
dolpaz:

Oga, Its very simple.. shows you dont read. and am afraid after answering your question, another question will develop.. anyway, To apply for B.sc Course in Germany, you will be needing either your 100level university result, or HND result/transcripts, or even your B.sc result as the case may be. those results stated earlier amounts to "The German Arbitur".... stand corrected shocked

To simplify the definition: Uni-assist is a service which handles intending foreign student, wishing to apply for a study place in a german educational institution. there are some fees charged for this service.

Visit this page to read more http://www.uni-assist.de/index_en.html

Alles Gute !
bro sorry for disturbin u, requirements for hamburg university ar ielts, senior secondary school and dey didnt mention transcript/bsc is it all german uni that request for 100lv transcript?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 12:06am On Nov 15, 2014
Belly213:
Wooooowww.......thanks be to God.......Glory Glory Glory.......I got the sweet mail on Tuesday......I collected on Wednesday and travelled that Wednesday and arrived on Thursday.

All be praise be to God.........
I really want to thank all those God used in this forum to touch my life n that of others.....u were wonderful........

My story in summary.....
I found daad around July n found this forum around August after intense googling n research. Before that I have googled almost 260 schools using Wikipedia n the process was so slow because there was no search criteria for streamlining your search like Daad. So the search was vague. I found about my school in this forum and I must confess the application was kinda easy, compared to most schools I applied for...initially I was looking for summer semester 2015 but due to the application extension of my school it was possible for me to get admission.....my interview was kinda late and the visa was granted quickly....probably due to my quick enrollment deadline.
I also had an issue of variation of age of my WAEC certificate and WAec refused to change it because I don't have a well registered birth certificate...even though I show them d first waec certificate I wrote from my alma mater and secondary school documents with my correct date of birth. ( when I didn't make english from my alma mater waec, I re registered for waec in a state government school and everything about my date of birth was wrong, day, month and year and since I made all the subjects in this waec that is what I used....but if I had seen my certificate earlier on I would have re written waec but I saw it about 10 years later...I was using my statement all this while)....but with a simple affidavit,....the embassy accepted....I really thank God.....d questions were the same thing u have read in this forum....
To the newbies in this forum please try n read....I have read all the pages in this forum...interesting ones, boring ones, intelligent, repeated ones etc it was a great experience.
To others especially those that has been a major inspiration I wish you all the best and Gods mercies....you r all interesting....
All the best.
now that you are in Germany, don't forget the source I mean this thread.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2014
necz:

empty question.
1.)U applied for a visa to study in Europe
2.)you are also applying for a shengen visa.
Instead of you to cool down and read this thread in and out, you are here asking these kind of questions. Nawa for some people oo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 7:11am On Nov 15, 2014
Is there any medical student here or anyone applying for medicine in Germany. My friend needs some clarifications. Do you get a first degree before going to medical school? Or you can start medicine straight up? Daad is not so clear on this. And one can't really find medicine straight up as a course, rather you find variations.
Please anyone with knowledge should fill me in, thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
naijadove:
Is there any medical student here or anyone applying for medicine in Germany. My friend needs some clarifications. Do you get a first degree before going to medical school? Or you can start medicine straight up? Daad is not so clear on this. And one can't really find medicine straight up as a course, rather you find variations.
Please anyone with knowledge should fill me in, thanks!

Studying medicine here in Germany is not easy, your German skills need to be at least C1 and must have a minimum of 1.3 in your Abitur. For foreign students you have to pass through Studienkolleg. And Studienkolleg is another topic for another day.
You cant study medicine in English.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
beebee5000:

Studying medicine here in Germany is not easy, your German skills need to be at least C1 and must have a minimum of 1.3 in your Abitur. For foreign students you have to pass through Studienkolleg. And Studienkolleg is another topic for another day.
You cant study medicine in English.

I also noticed that working in hospitals, labs, or areas with hazardous substances/ tools require good German atleast B2.

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever be fluent in German and how long it'll take. I know a lady who didn't understand a word in German on arrival in Germany, learnt d language, did her masters in Medical Physics in German. Amazingly, her written and spoken German is top class. She's now married to a native.

beebee, the way u split German even b4 traveling to Germany is a morale booster for Nigerians to learn d language. But e bi like say age is telling on me. lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
pricelessmr:

I also noticed that working in hospitals, labs, or areas with hazardous substances/ tools require good German atleast B2.

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever be fluent in German and how long it'll take. I know a lady who didn't understand a word in German on arrival in Germany, learnt d language, did her masters in Medical Physics in German. Amazingly, her written and spoken German is top class. She's now married to a native.

beebee, the way u split German even b4 traveling to Germany is a morale booster for Nigerians to learn d language. But e bi like say age is telling on me. lol

Remember that as a child no one had to teach you how to speak before you started speaking words. The human mind has the natural tendency to pickup words

I'd rather suggest you enroll for an intensive language course. Learn the language , gain the confidence required.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.