Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine (75671 Views)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by jaxxy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You mean it is OK to use God's money - money that you claim belongs to God - for renting of Limousines, buidling of private homes,
buying of Jets etc. This so long as you can pretend to be seen as a genuine man of God? undecided

Na God tell you that one or na for your mind you make that one up? undecided

There’s nothing wrong with renting or even borrowing like Jesus and paul did. Sofar is for the lords work. Also sometimes they don’t ask for these fancy things they are given to use or to keep.

As for buying private jets im concerned about the intent and purpose behind it than anything else. it shouldn’t also be ur private property bt belonging to the church if at all needed.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Sep 24, 2021
Indelibleage:
1. To all who have blindly commented against the Man of God using limousine, here's the real fact. Take an excursion to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, then beg the people there to allow you enter the VIP lounge, you will see that the limo in question belongs to Airpeace which is being used to carry VIPs who disembarked from perhaps, a chartered flight. Then, they use the limo to take them from the tarmac to the terminal where they will then trek out to where their vehicles are parked outside. None of the members of DL in Abuja owns the limo. Kumuyi did not use it outside the Airport too. And for those disturbing their minds on doctrines, DL has no written doctrines except the ones we called 22 cardinal doctrines which were all coined out of the Holy Bible, except you don't have one. Or better put, you are such that it's only the stories of the Bible you were told. Read and internalise the Bible stories and instructions, if you can live by all of them, surely you can't miss heaven.

2. Nevertheless, men set up traditions (remember Matthew 15:2, 8?). A lecturer take for example, may say, if you make noise in my class, I'll send you out. He said that to maintain orderliness in his class of which the school management may know nothing about. But that doesn't make the lecturer an offender to the university's laws. If such is achieving the purpose for which such traditions were made, no problem. But, where the problem will be is when such traditions have replaced the very BIBLICAL DOCTRINES set up by God Himself, then, it is a big problem.

3. Read your Bible, not with arrogance or pride or intellectualism, come at it with humility by first reading Job 34:32. If since you've been reading it, it has not pointed you to the Saviour of your soul from sin which can take you to hell, you have not started yet. If you've not repented from your sins and turn a new life in Christ Jesus, you are still playing. Take the step, even now!
1. So Kumuyi who preached for the longest against these luxuries now condones them when airpeace offers them as complimentary transportation, is that what you are saying? undecided

2. When Jesus Christ warned us of the doctrines and traditions of men, He did so against such pursued in the name of God. The doctrines and traditions preached by Kumuyi are all preached by him in the name of the same God who warned against such in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 , explaining that these lies eclipse the Truth of God and are hence an abomination to God. undecided

For example, Kumuyi taught his people that the using of luxury items and such are of the devil and this world. Well, the Truth of God is that God is not against such things and God never taught us that such things are of the devil or sin - they are not - neither do they cause sin. In Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20, Jesus Christ clearly explained that instead the bad things , lies included, stored up in one's heart that causes one to sin. undecided

So you see how Kumuyi's traditions are nothing but lies that eclipse the Truth of God,just as Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Truth and Law, taught us over 2000 years ago. undecided

3. Pick up your Bible and read the Gospels without blindfolds on and then maybe then you will cease to be blind to the 2000 year old Truth that has been right in front of you. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Elsueno: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
If you think God doesn't exist, that is your own cup of tea. God who changed my life from a sinner to a saint of God exists. The God for who Pastor William Kumuyi a first class Mathematics graduate has left the world to suffer and labour in His vineyard for more than 50 years exists. The God that made a broken finger to grow back in Zambia on the prayers of pastor Kumuyi exists. The God that made a short leg to grow to match the other at Lagos State University at the prayers of His servant surely exists . The God that healed an entire family of 6 of COVID-19 in the United States after the prayers of pastor Kumuyi exists. The God that raised a dead man back to life at Abakiliki, Ebonyi State as pastor Kumuyi prayed exists. It is not about pastor Kumuyi. It is about God Who has been using him these decades. You are free not to believe. You are also free to believe, repent and make Jesus Christ your Lord and personal Saviour for your own eternal wellbeing today. Thanks.

U where making sense till u missed road with d magically grown broken finger, short leg, raising the dead....dude come on, Pastor Kumuyi ain't Jesus , do not loose ur way due God of men. Any man of God dat claims such miracles Na scammer!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
jaxxy:
1. There’s nothing wrong with renting or even borrowing like Jesus and paul did. Sofar is for the lords work. Also sometimes they don’t ask for these fancy things they are given to use or to keep.

As for buying private jets im concerned about the intent and purpose behind it than anything else. it shouldn’t also be ur private property bt belonging to the church if at all needed.
Did you understand the message in the comment you responded there to at all?
What is "God's" money in this case? In the case of these churches, it is money collected from God's sheep , in the name of God. undecided
Now what do we know of what God says of collecting from his sheep? Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16. undecided

Jesus Christ called them thieves who come to steal, kill, and destroy, in his name. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Workch: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bayyajidda:

Check my above post, I omitted 'can not' in the first line, which I had modified to include.

Now, a Christian is not someone that goes to Church, a Christian is not someone bearing a supposedly Christian name, A Christian is not someone that is born in a Christian home. A Christian is not someone that his parents told "my son, you're a Christian".

The followers of Christ were first called Christians at Antioch. They were called Christians because the were behaving like Christ. They saw Christlike attributes in them, so they were like "these are Christians!"

You can't call yourself a Christian if you're a scammer, thief, fornication, liar or committing any kind of sin. Given the definition of Christian as coined by peeps at Antioch, how can you be a Christian if you're an habitual sinner? The question is, can Christ Jesus be living the kind of life you live if He's still here on earth? If the answer is no, then you're not a Christian.

Christ living on earth was a personality that lived a holy life. Little wonder the Bible says "Be ye holy, for I'm holy" and "Without holiness no man shall see the Lord"

My dear brother being a good man doesn't guarantee anyone anything. You have to first of all accept Christ and believe Him to help you live a godly life.

I'm Bayyajidda, but I can assure you that Christ is the only way.
Lol, Christy doesn't exist.
Christian God is hoax. No evidence they exist
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by aluyapreston: 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God never told you to bring your wealth to his storehouse. Your pastors told you that lie. What God said is that the Israelites, who are abound to the Old Covenant agreement with God - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - bring in their tithes(harvest from their farms) into the storehouse where the food will be stored to be later shared to those who have need of food in the land. undecided

2. God is against anyone who fleeces His sheep in Hjs name - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 and John 10 vs 1 - 10. Anyone who collects money from His sheep in His name and uses it is against God. undecided

first of, I dont go to church. secondly, you dont know anything about the bible and you usually sound like a very bitter person. Kumuyi does not demand offering and tithes and util you have a video to prove otherwise go to your cave and research

Malachi 3: 10
New International Version
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

King James Bible
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

now for the new convenant God never condemned that his servants feed from offerings and tithes

Luke 11:42 NASB
But woe to you Pharisees! For you pay tithe of mint and rue and every kind of garden herb, and yet disregard justice and the love of God; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.”

Philippians 4:15–18

Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account. I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.”

2 Corinthians 11:8

New International Version
I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you.

now just so you know, paul was a pastor who worked yet he received supplications. then you with your flayed knowledge state that a pastor that do not work should run a church and not sustain himself and his family. i know there are fakes out there but abeg stick to your blind feminism as your narrow mindedness there is always appreciated by your fellow little brain women. the same person that support femal promiscuity wants to talk about bible

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by jaxxy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did you understand the message in the comment you responded there to at all?
What is "God's" money in this case? In the case of these churches, it is money collected from God's sheep , in the name of God. undecided
Now what do we know of what God says of collecting from his sheep? Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16. undecided

Jesus Christ called them thieves who come to steal, kill, and destroy, in his name. undecided

How do they collect from his sheep? Using Gods money for Gods work isn’t wrong. Keeping it to urself or for other purposes outside his work is wrong.

We give to God in different ways. Not just the church or a pastor. Giving to ur neighbor is giving to God also.

I only question what they use these monies for. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
Adesamogun:

Have you laid your hand or read the 22 doctrine on which the church and every Christian church should be founded.
Make I even shock you. We were one of the few deeperlife that had TV then cos my Dad always watches TV new and we watch tales by moonlight and other cartoons TV issue was like an advice not doctrine so that member won’t compromise based on corrupt things been shone those year. Oga I be badt boy ooo. Those years certain times dey for night wey dem Dey show romantic movies that can corrupt pikin for TV stations at night those years. So if dem advice members not to watch it. I reason am. Then superstore was on Thursday. Make I tell you my personal distraction once 7:30 nak for church I we never finish revival hours. Make I no lie my mind no dey día again all these was because we were exposed and surely it affected our Christian life cos kids wey día papa no get dem no know why we Dey vex if service dey tey. Please just get your fact right before condemning. If pastor cruise again for limo and I hear say Na my tithe I go even Dey happy. And for the record. My obligation to God as commanded by Malachi is drop my tithe. What they do with it. Like the Levites are answerable to God and not to the people of Israel. They too are answerable. As a Senior accountant in a Firm. I know organizations need cash flow for their operations (and church is not excepted) even when you spend your own money it’s not every time you like how you spent it, but do you now kill yourself. Do your part. I tell people If Salvation is the basis to get to heaven. Oga 1st get it. If you con reach their and they say no requirement then you are safe but if it is then you are also safe (as a logic student you know what am saying)
I know of all the 22 doctrines and I know majority of them are not biblical but based on the teachings of men whose ideas Kumuyi subscribes to.
https://www.nairaland.com/3909632/22-doctrinal-beliefs-deeper-life#105655410

As for TV back in the 80s/90s,it was not advise at all but doctrine. So also was the doctrine on modest dressing and all back then too. I remember I was kicked out of the children's quite because I refused to conform. undecided

When you resort of telling lies on behalf of men, it is a clear sign that you are far away from God, did you know that? Jesus Christ warned in Matthew 15 vs 14 of the Blind leading the blind- they all end up in the same ditch. Be careful that you don't end up where any man does. Instead choose your own destination fot yourself and work towards it. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Ajens1991: 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

There is nothing wrong with Wealth and Riches.
There is Everything Wrong with Wealth and Riches without Having a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.
What will it Profit to Have the Whole Earth and lose Your Soul in Hell?

Righteousness22 has spoken
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
jaxxy:
1. How do they collect from his sheep? Using Gods money for Gods work isn’t wrong. Keeping it to urself or for other purposes outside his work is wrong.

2. We give to God in different ways. Not just the church or a pastor. Giving to ur neighbor is giving to God also.

I only question what they use these monies for. undecided
1. God never asked anyone to build churches or gather the same people to teach them year after year in His name. He never asked anyone to collect money from anyone else in His name. So what God's work do you refer to? undecided

2. God never asked you to give Him your money. He instead commanded you to give to your neighbor, those who have less than you. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Johel(m): 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
pakirisuitesphc:
This is a picture of pastor Kumuyi coming down from luxurious limousine, there is nothing wrong if you have worked for God genuinely like Baba Kumuyi, but some of his members with their doctrine will condemn this as affluence and worldliness. Looking good is not a sin.

My dream car!!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by BassReeves: 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
Workch:
I don't just believe in your God.
I also do not believe in Odin, superman, sango, Krishna, Satan, Amadioha etc.

Deal with it
You dont believe in God, Odin, superman, sango, Krishna, Satan, Amadioha because you are a rebel and thats especially in the case of God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by iupac120: 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
Elsueno:

U where making sense till u missed road with d magically grown broken finger, short leg, raising the dead....dude come on, Pastor Kumuyi ain't Jesus , do not loose ur way due God of men. Any man of God dat claims such miracles Na scammer!

I believe you have not met God or you do not know God. God can do all things. Those miracles are little of what God we do our in lives if we truly believe.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by iupac120: 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2021
Elsueno:

I believe you have not met God or you do not know God. God can do all things. Those miracles are little of what God we do in our lives if we truly believe.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by jaxxy(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You made a little point. Where you got it wrong is your wrong assumption that rich Christians stole from the masses to be rich. Who did Abraham steal from? Who did Isaac steal from? Who did Job steal from? Who did Joseph of Arimathea steal from? Point of correction: Pastor William Kumuyi is not a religious title chief. He is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry known for preaching and teaching genuine repentance and faith in Christ for salvation from sin, restitution, scriptural lifestyle, holiness of life and character and preparing hundreds of millions if not billions for eternal life in heaven. Thanks.

Everybody in church is not a saint. That’s what he means by that I think.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by almarthins(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2021
Iyaebe:
Deeper life doctrines are for the downtrodden

Can you xplain?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
ccollins:
what do you say of apostle Joshua selman,you know him
I don't know him that much to form an opinion of him, although I have heard some good things about him.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by jaxxy(m): 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. God never asked anyone to build churches or gather the same people to teach them year after year in His name. He never asked anyone to collect money from anyone else in His name. So what God's work do you refer to? undecided

2. God never asked you to give Him your money. He instead commanded you to give to your neighbor, those who have less than you. undecided

Read about the early church or early Christians.

There is a church and It’s very symbolic. Bt the current format being used is very selfish, self centered, corrupt and faulty.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
jaxxy:
Read about the early church or early Christians.

There is a church and It’s very symbolic. Bt the current format being used is very selfish, self centered, corrupt and faulty.
What about the early church? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Epeegee(m): 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
See as Christians dey disgrace themselves in the comments section
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
pakirisuitesphc:
This is a picture of pastor Kumuyi coming down from luxurious limousine, there is nothing wrong if you have worked for God genuinely like Baba Kumuyi, but some of his members with their doctrine will condemn this as affluence and worldliness. Looking good is not a sin.

"Op, You only saw the Limousine and not the Private Jet at the background, Your headline should have read " Kumuyi just highlighted from his Private Jet" Instead...Abeg, Which is more expensive, A Limousine or a Private Jet?". - Village People spokesperson
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by jaxxy(m): 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What about the early church? undecided

There were gathering of Christians, worshiping, learning, teaching and helping one another etc.,,
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2021
pakirisuitesphc:
U be big idiot. U dey try find trouble. Dem tell you say na him get am? Na D moto wey dem go use pick am for airport be that. I no be Deeper life member but 2 min Google show weytin sup. Illiterate!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
He's one of those few Nigerians church leaders I have some respect for.

The point is not about having or coming down from limousine, but bragging about having a limousine or such material possessions and making it seem as though a man's life consisted of such things which is Antichrist.

That's where many Nigerian church leaders get it wrong and need to correct.

God bless.

Modified:

For those wondering why I would still respect him, despite knowing that he had condemned such things in the past, the reason I respect him is because it's in the process of trying to get things right that he got some wrong. At least he tried, he did what he could, which is what God expects of us. But the same can't be said of many other church leaders who don't seem to really care.

God bless.
Dem be mumu... Na D moto wey dem take pick am for airport in Abuja. Shey make D man say E no enter? Why una mumu like this?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You mean it is OK to use God's money - money that you claim belongs to God - for renting of Limousines, buidling of private homes,
buying of Jets etc. This so long as you can pretend to be seen as a genuine man of God? undecided

Na God tell you that one or na for your mind you make that one up? undecided
Idiot, how u take know say na church money dem take rent am. Even me fit single handedly rent Limousine for my Papa Oyedepo.

Una just be correct idioot
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not supporting the religious title chief but in some cases most of this material things do come as gifts from their admirers who believe they're seeking God's favor, blessings or forgiveness by dashing God's servants part of the things they stole from the masses! undecided
U be idiot. No wonder poverty dey eat una up. Do, if U see me cruising for my car now... Na ur generation money I dey spend? Idiot, come collect am na
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
Workch:
Tithe and offering money that he scammed from gullible Christians
U wey no dey pay tithe money. How far? How ur life be?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Cowbell521:
Idiot, how u take know say na church money dem take rent am. Even me fit single handedly rent Limousine for my Papa Oyedepo.

Una just be correct idioot
The problem with eejits such as yourself is you don't even know how to read at all. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
jaxxy:
There were gathering of Christians, worshiping, learning, teaching and helping one another etc.,,
What about them? Why did you bring them up in this? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The problem with eejits such as yourself is you don't even know how to read at all. undecided
If U get D privilege to C me in person. Make sure u tell me that
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2021
Cowbell521:
If U get D privilege to C me in person. Make sure u tell me that
Why in the world would I want to meet a person who is lacking in basic language comprehension skills? undecided
I don't get it ! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath / Apostle Okpe And His Mercedes SLK Convertible Worth N7 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.