Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (27511 Views)

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Oluhills007: 7:41am On Sep 29, 2021
Rtk5:
I spent about 1.2m on my last visit to Nigeria that was in April and i didnt stay for up to 2months. I just advised myself to go back. Thanks to my friends who are all doing well so no much expectation. I wish people could be enlightened to know that abroad is not as they think it is. You go suffer ooo.

Why you lying
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 8:11am On Sep 29, 2021
mfm04622:

Freedom? Nigeria is one of the freest countries in the world presently! One of the freest!
Which particular freedom do you think Nigeria Govt is suppressing?
Nigerians can say whatever they want, even when they incite others (which is a crime) without any consequences.
Our press can write any rubbish they want without consequences. In fact, our level of insecurities is partly due to the unchecked freedom Nigerians enjoy. Politicians and political parties can do as they like! What freedom is being curtailed by the govt?
A house help kidnapping children in her charge is a crime. There is no country without crime. None!
What is the use of the stable electricity when it is not available in all part of the country? And many can't afford it? Some switch off their fridge part of the day to reduce consumption. We see Nigerians leave on light bulbs even in afternoon!
We think food is expensive in Nigeria because we rely on imports. The weaker Naira led to that. A weak currency is a boon to exports. We should take advantage of this weaker Naira and dominate the West African market. Food will be expensive as long as we can't produce enough of the following. In order if importance. Rice, maize, soya, beans and yam. The FG is supporting the production of all the 5. Govt (at least the FG) has done her part, let citizens do their part!
Lol, ok.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Frenzy01(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2021
No matter how hard people try to discourage others from traveling outside this country... I'd definitely leave one day

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by JIREN01: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You'll get labelled as an enemy of progress grin
you read my mind

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Valuc: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

I never discouraged anyone from travelling. I am only pointing out what one should equip him or herself before making the move. Alot came with little or no preparation and the obvious is happening to them now. If you have all it takes to travel and you are willing to, you wouldn't come and be frustrated.
u didn't sound like this before
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by MisterKennedy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Chuky7:
A female friend on mine said she burnt through 1m she's says Nigeria is expensive from houses data etc and that you have to keep spending she prefers the one time payments for services( i.e. in some cases)

Sir please connect me with this your friend

I'm looking for people that live oversees maybe they could assist me somehow with a job or something

Please give me her contact Sir

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Those of you abroad, who want to keep in touch with Naija, bbnaija, gulder ultimate Search, local stations in every African country and Naija
Hit me up, Whatsapp in my Signature.

DStv now 1 year ãccount available
ÏPtV 1yr accoun̄t, also available
Since data is next to free, e go pay una well well!

All the cable Stations in your country too also available.
Movies, series also available.
Save money on cable bill, Amazon prime membership, Netflix etc.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
pseudonomer:

Tell me how you do this?

How, cut my coat according to my side. I adapted to Nigeria, simple as abc.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by juman(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
With six hundred euros, it can covers my ticket and expenses at home.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Loveknitting: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
omoyankee3:
So ordinary visit is that expensive. What if a person decides to relocate to naija permanently?

Lol
Probably 10million amonth..
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by viktohmarkz(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

God will see you through. Amen �

Thank you,
You can check out my space
https://www.nairaland.com/6773257/8ball-apparel

Thats 8Ball Apparel on the fashion Section
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 12:26am On Oct 01, 2021
viktohmarkz:

Thank you,
You can check out my space
https://www.nairaland.com/6773257/8ball-apparel

Thats 8Ball Apparel on the fashion Section

What s beautiful products. I like them but the issue is how do I get them

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by viktohmarkz(m): 6:54am On Oct 01, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

What s beautiful products. I like them but the issue is how do I get them

You can get them via DHL, UPS or GIGM
Which ever that you can find around you
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
viktohmarkz:

You can get them via DHL, UPS or GIGM
Which ever that you can find around you

Please, DM your number
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by viktohmarkz(m): 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

Please, DM your number

+2347016991027

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by lordally(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

I am in Austria. Every country has it's pros and cons. I came as a student. I have €13,000 as prove of fund before anything. I advise you to check yourself very well before make a journey in any country. No country is easy bro. If Nigeria is better tomorrow, 99% of guys outside will chose to come back. You will not understand until you come. Don't allow any agent to decive you. To survive in Nigeria is not easy likewise abroad. If you are not financially efficient, I will advise you to hold on to what you are doing in Nigeria

You will advice him to hold on to what he's doing in Nigeria but you leave Nigeria run go Austria!!! Okay ooo make I no talk sha!!!

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by lordally(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
bjdon:
It all depends on how you to decide to live. Many Nigerians abroad, choose to live in Hotels in Lagos/PH/Abuja when they come home. That is very expensive. I live modestly when I come to Nigeria, I hardly eat out and avoid too much nightlife (Might have 2 or 3 fun nights and thats it). There is no reason why N1 million should not last a month, if you are prudent

This man just said the whole truth!! Cos so many Nigerians a devils!!! They would be abroad and would be telling you that life is better in Nigeria ...but the same people would never come back to Nigeria and stay o! I just don't know why some people just choose to evaluate their self worth on another man's Misery and suffering. Just look at Indians , they would do all they can to LEGALLY bring their fellow countrymen over to a more prosperous country!!! But some Nigerians would tell you it's not easy that they're suffering and you shouldn't come!!! Very wicked People!

You leave Abroad to come here for vacation and you choose to still maintain the same quality kind of life you live abroad and you expect it not to be expensive The joke is on you! You think good things come cheap? Some people here say they spend 2M in less than 2 months some say 6M .... So if you're matured in thinking and educated you would realise that you can definitely live on 500k naira even in 3 months vacation in Nigeria but it would certainly not be the kind of quality you're used to In abroad! Because I put it to you , when you have a taste of a good life and what it really means to live like a COMPLETE NORMAL HUMAN BEING , you would never wanna go back ... Abi no be this same Nigeria where people dey live and survive on less than $1 a day

Una go come back Una go see hotel room of 4k and 5k per day Una go shout Tufiakwa!! God forbid then run go carry hotel of 50k per day come here they shout say make we dey here say Nigeria dey expensive!!! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!! GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF YOU!! SAYING TRASH!! YES MAKACHUKWU ALL OF YOU!!

Nigeria to see work na problem , oya you go see work for them to pay you na wahala!! Oya na you won start business where the Capital?? what of health care!!! Just 2 weeks ago I saw a poster of my Secondary school mate who needs 25M for kidnap transplant Omo I swear to God she's good as dead cos where she go see that kind money!! NOW I PUT IT TO YOU , WHERE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A WHITE MAN PUT UP POSTER FOR KIDNEY TREATMENT

My uncle was doing security in Nigeria with a meager salary I think 15k per month or so then he was doing 2 security Jobs , morning here , night in another place!! Just to make 30k per month!! So some years back he was lucky to go to the US for a conference na in in no come back ooo... He applied for asylum and after the whole back and forth in court , he got it now fast forward to this period , he has a house he bought ( 5 Bedroom Duplex or so ) he rented out 4 and stays in one... He has helped the family in so many ways , in 2019 he tried bringing 7 members of the family to the US for vacation he sent money for Our passport ( 30k times 7 ) sent money for B1/B2 visa for 7 persons ( 59,200 times 7 ) and was just praying we get the visa cos he was prepared to send both flight money and BTA for 7 of us... But it didn't pull through cos them deny all of us meeeen grin ... He's still making plans though ...Uncle God bless you sha

I don't care if you believe me and I don't give a daaaam I'm here to tell you that my uncle makes $2,000 ever week.... Someone that does 2 security work year in year out in Nigeria for Peanuts and takes that same spirit to the US you think he won't make it Una go go abroad begin dey form pepper dem gang instead make Una hustle legit Una go come come back begin dey tell us trash!!! GOD WILL PUNISH YOU ALL!!! telling us to stay here!!! After , you guys will start blaming Buhari so many of you here are worst!!

TO ALL THOSE TELLING US TO STAY BACK IN NIGERIA , GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!! ALL OF YOU!!

5 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by gforce5: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
I thought that I was the only one who noticed this lie. Who spends that kind of money in a month if you don't have any business venture in the country? Are you going to tell me that they stay in a hotel for the duration of their stay in their own country?? What about family/friends? People aren't making money like that abroad. They know that this is a faceless forum so they can say anything they want and people will believe them.
pansophist:
Guys, alot of this guys are lying. Over 2.5M in a month? That's like spending about 100k everyday. Really? Why una de lie like this? I don't know where this guys find the money sef, lots of Nigerians abroad are broke. Real time. No joke. Make una de lie small small abeg.

I understand that you intend to make folks back home miserable, your sense of worth is predicated on how much other puts you on a pedestals, and them having the consciousness that you're doing fine, but it is wrong. It means you're a shitty person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by lordally(m): 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kkshanana90:

Not true, bro. Sometimes I wished I never left Nigeria! It’s not easy to explain, but you’ll know when you leave Nigeria.

Come back to Nigeria naaaaaa!!! Abi that one hard Una again!!! Abegiiiiiii!!!

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by lordally(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
dettolgel:

I don't think it is about blaming Naija per se but there are also some expenses that shouldn't be if not for naija situation. For instance if I travel to other places in Europe for holiday I just stay with friends. But in Naija I have to hide in hotel because of my security and before people turn your family house to problem solving center. Thirdly, the level of comfort you need during holiday you might not get it without staying in hotel where no one disturbs you, everything is clean and arranged like you would have it out here.

I also agree with you that you could chose to spend more or less but then people view their security differently. Bros when I show town with my oyibo I dey carry mopol join body ooh. It costs money ooh I would rather pay than someone asking me for ransom. I can't shout ooh bro.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by lordally(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Valuc:
a country will make you or break you.. it all depend on you.. it's better you are in a country where it's hard but there are opportunities than this shitty hole call Nigeria... U had as much as 13000 yet u left..

God bless you!!!
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by AutoChick4U(f): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
PresidentBuhari:

I budget N50k per day, this includes acknowledging pleasantries with drinks, cash, meet ups, hotel, restaurants, clubs, fuelling car.

You may even exceed this if you carry along friends with loud mouth or have female friends who will take you to hotels where it costs N40k per night.

Plan yourself, book Airbnbs in good locations, they are at least 20 percent cheaper.

This year, my budget for 3 weeks visit is already on N4 million.

presido please help me o, times are hard and you not making things easy for the masses. Do you know a bag of water is now 250naira and its not like we have potable water.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
WaffenSS:

Weren't you the person chasing after a 40k job from your 25k job back in July? Suddenly in April you visited Nigeria and spent 1.2m?

You're in Jos, not abroad, liar.

Habba no be so nau. Allow the guy to shine on the thread, so that babes can rush his PMs grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Konquest: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
SocialJustice:
You people should come and talk o. I hope this thread grows like tribal and religious war threads.
C'mon, LMAO... grin

@"Grow like tribal and
religious war threads"
cracked me up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by bukitt: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
A plot of land with german floor of 4 units of 3 bedroom flats in Royal Garden City Estate at mowe/ofada for sale.

It is along new Lagos-Abeokuta expressway with massive development and a newly tarred road.

NEIGHBORHOOD:
Nestle Plc
International Breweries
Olam Oil
Gold Refinery

Documents:
Estate C Of O
Letter of Allocation
Deed of Contract
Deed of Assignment
Survey Plan
Easy Change Of Ownership

The land is well situated and not rocky. It is rather very plane and not water lodged.

Other estates nearby are:
Arch View Estate
Queens Garden Estate
Queens Park Estate
Royal Park Estate
Treasure Island Estate

There are already occupants in these estates.

Price: 9 million naira
Negotiable.

For inquiry/inspection:
Al
Tel: 0 NINE 0 6610 0469
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Changeofscene(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
lordally:

This man just said the whole truth!! Cos so many Nigerians a devils!!! They would be abroad and would be telling you that life is better in Nigeria ...but the same people would never come back to Nigeria and stay o! I just don't know why some people just choose to evaluate their self worth on another man's Misery and suffering. Just look at Indians , they would do all they can to LEGALLY bring their fellow countrymen over to a more prosperous country!!! But some Nigerians would tell you it's not easy that they're suffering and you shouldn't come!!! Very wicked People!

You leave Abroad to come here for vacation and you choose to still maintain the same quality kind of life you live abroad and you expect it not to be expensive The joke is on you! You think good things come cheap? Some people here say they spend 2M in less than 2 months some say 6M .... So if you're matured in thinking and educated you would realise that you can definitely live on 500k naira even in 3 months vacation in Nigeria but it would certainly not be the kind of quality you're used to In abroad! Because I put it to you , when you have a taste of a good life and what it really means to live like a COMPLETE NORMAL HUMAN BEING , you would never wanna go back ... Abi no be this same Nigeria where people dey live and survive on less than $1 a day

Una go come back Una go see hotel room of 4k and 5k per day Una go shout Tufiakwa!! God forbid then run go carry hotel of 50k per day come here they shout say make we dey here say Nigeria dey expensive!!! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!! GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF YOU!! SAYING TRASH!! YES MAKACHUKWU ALL OF YOU!!

Nigeria to see work na problem , oya you go see work for them to pay you na wahala!! Oya na you won start business where the Capital?? what of health care!!! Just 2 weeks ago I saw a poster of my Secondary school mate who needs 25M for kidnap transplant Omo I swear to God she's good as dead cos where she go see that kind money!! NOW I PUT IT TO YOU , WHERE HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A WHITE MAN PUT UP POSTER FOR KIDNEY TREATMENT

My uncle was doing security in Nigeria with a meager salary I think 15k per month or so then he was doing 2 security Jobs , morning here , night in another place!! Just to make 30k per month!! So some years back he was lucky to go to the US for a conference na in in no come back ooo... He applied for asylum and after the whole back and forth in court , he got it now fast forward to this period , he has a house he bought ( 5 Bedroom Duplex or so ) he rented out 4 and stays in one... He has helped the family in so many ways , in 2019 he tried bringing 7 members of the family to the US for vacation he sent money for Our passport ( 30k times 7 ) sent money for B1/B2 visa for 7 persons ( 59,200 times 7 ) and was just praying we get the visa cos he was prepared to send both flight money and BTA for 7 of us... But it didn't pull through cos them deny all of us meeeen grin ... He's still making plans though ...Uncle God bless you sha

I don't care if you believe me and I don't give a daaaam I'm here to tell you that my uncle makes $2,000 ever week.... Someone that does 2 security work year in year out in Nigeria for Peanuts and takes that same spirit to the US you think he won't make it Una go go abroad begin dey form pepper dem gang instead make Una hustle legit Una go come come back begin dey tell us trash!!! GOD WILL PUNISH YOU ALL!!! telling us to stay here!!! After , you guys will start blaming Buhari so many of you here are worst!!

TO ALL THOSE TELLING US TO STAY BACK IN NIGERIA , GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!! ALL OF YOU!!

Hahaha.You hit the nail on the head.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2021
mfm04622:

Freedom? Nigeria is one of the freest countries in the world presently! One of the freest!
Which particular freedom do you think Nigeria Govt is suppressing?
Nigerians can say whatever they want, even when they incite others (which is a crime) without any consequences.
Our press can write any rubbish they want without consequences. In fact, our level of insecurities is partly due to the unchecked freedom Nigerians enjoy. Politicians and political parties can do as they like! What freedom is being curtailed by the govt?
A house help kidnapping children in her charge is a crime. There is no country without crime. None!
What is the use of the stable electricity when it is not available in all part of the country? And many can't afford it? Some switch off their fridge part of the day to reduce consumption. We see Nigerians leave on light bulbs even in afternoon!
We think food is expensive in Nigeria because we rely on imports. The weaker Naira led to that. A weak currency is a boon to exports. We should take advantage of this weaker Naira and dominate the West African market. Food will be expensive as long as we can't produce enough of the following. In order if importance. Rice, maize, soya, beans and yam. The FG is supporting the production of all the 5. Govt (at least the FG) has done her part, let citizens do their part!
You know one place Togo destroys Nigeria is inflation rate. I am sure this one factor is currently biting hard on you. This one factor combined with currency devaluation is pushing more Nigerians into extreme poverty daily.

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2021
SocialJustice:
You know one place Togo destroys Nigeria is inflation rate. I am sure this one factor is currently biting hard on you. This one factor combined with currency devaluation is pushing more Nigerians into extreme poverty daily.

Please know why Togo has low inflation rate and why their currency is stable.
Togo's currency, like that of all other Francophone West African countries (Also Francophone Central countries) are linked to the Euro. Fixed to the Euro. The currency does not depend on how productive the country is! So of course, the currency is stable and they have low inflation rate.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2021
mfm04622:

Please know why Togo has low inflation rate and why their currency is stable.
Togo's currency, like that of all other Francophone West African countries (Also Francophone Central countries) are linked to the Euro. Fixed to the Euro. The currency does not depend on how productive the country is! So of course, the currency is stable and they have low inflation rate.
Wow, never knew this, I was looking at their inflation rates and it was like magic, even -28 in 2008. Why can't Nigeria peg to the GBP? This country is falling into oblivion.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by hurryup123(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2021
lordally:

THE WANT YOU TO BE AN ERRAN BOY TO THEM WHEN EVER THE VISIT HOME.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 11:57am On Oct 11, 2021
SocialJustice:
Wow, never knew this, I was looking at their inflation rates and it was like magic, even -28 in 2008. Why can't Nigeria peg to the GBP? This country is falling into oblivion.

There have been talk to link the Naira to USD, not GBP. However, there is nothing that has advantages that won't have disadvantages.
In fact, we are where we are today because when we were exporting, our currency was too strong, making imports cheap and our export expensive, leading us to discard production.
If the Naira is linked to USD, it has it's own disadvantage, the chief of which is CBN becomes useless. They won't be able to intervene in our economy.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
mfm04622:

There have been talk to link the Naira to USD, not GBP. However, there is nothing that has advantages that won't have disadvantages.
In fact, we are where we are today because when we were exporting, our currency was too strong, making imports cheap and our export expensive, leading us to discard production.
If the Naira is linked to USD, it has it's own disadvantage, the chief of which is CBN becomes useless. They won't be able to intervene in our economy.
Like this, is the CBN not useless, they should turn into a government backed single digit interest rate loan bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Advise To Commuters This Yuletide Season- Harrysterol / Asphalting Of Iweka Road Onitsha (pictures) / Long Queues At The Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Early Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.