Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (27516 Views)

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by BunmiBie: 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
HustlePro:
What do you want to talk? So, this twitter strategy is now on nairaland? e no go pass to tell one lie and ask for money... na Twitter strategy. U just saw someone and ask them to contact you like say u put juju for mouth.. my friend get out of here.

Wow! It's better to keep mute than to reply you.
I guess you have earned the attention you are seeking for.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
donhils:

What is with you people abroad always trying to discourage others from coming? It's better to stay in Nigeria yet any time they come back, they'll still rush back to where they came from. The guy wants to japa, if you can help him, do it. When Nigeria is better tomorrow let him be among those guys who may decide to come back, but for now Nigeria is not good!

Point anywhere in my post i discouraged anyone from travelling. I said that people should weigh their options before travelling. If you are not financially viable, you better stay back in Nigeria and hold onto what you have been doing.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
viktohmarkz:

Thank you so much,
I'll really love to experience abroad and be a Nigerian in the abroad, am very tired of being a Nigerian in Nigeria i swear

God will see you through. Amen �

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by shaybebaby(f): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
My only contribution is to ask those mentioning $ , to clarify which dollar they are referring to.
CAD, USD, or AUD etc etc.

On my part, I don't visit often, last time I did was 7 years ago, for 6 days and spent £1000. And that is precisely why I don't visit.

Remember fancying a Chinese meal and got some poxy rice dish with two sauces for like 12,500 naira or thereabout. Or trying to buy a bottle of wine and it was like 20k for cheap nasty South African plonk. So doing the conversion, it costs more for less value.

That £ 1000 would get me about 7-9 days, all inclusive holiday, flights, hotel, food and drinks in many other places. So for me that is better value and probably more relaxing.

4 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by TNORWAY: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
WUdec:

If you like.. call am Negative Remix. Na you sabi.

DJ Bomber aka "Fiki fiki one two. Tasting the Microfoam"
retardedd sperm.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by swedbase(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
Three weeks to one month, Each time i try to exceed one month
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by kabukabu50(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
There are lots of diasporans with horror stories of having to use up their entire savings accounts and end up having to use credit cards to fly back.

Personally I would not consider coming to Naija with anything less than 5m Naira just to be on the safe side...enough for transport,hotel,dash money for friends and family,dash money for small runs,food,mobile data.

Emergency cash too for anything that may come up.

It may seem like a lot to non diaspora but in the context of things it's more or less a years worth of savings or less.

Dont contact me for anything,I dont reply....just giving my honest opinion..as a diasporan

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
shaybebaby:
My only contribution is to ask those mentioning $ , to clarify which dollar they are referring to.
CAD, USD, or AUD etc etc.

On my part, I don't visit often, last time I did was 7 years ago, for 6 days and spent £1000. And that is precisely why I don't visit.

Remember fancying a Chinese meal and got some poxy rice dish with two sauces for like 12,500 naira or thereabout. Or trying to buy a bottle of wine and it was like 20k for cheap nasty South African plonk. So doing the conversion, it costs more for less value.

That £ 1000 would get me about 7-9 days, all inclusive holiday, flights, hotel, food and drinks in many other places. So for me that is better value and probably more relaxing.

Well said
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
retardedd sperm.

Uncle, 'ret*rded' na one 'D' at the end.

You're killing it today though. Drop some more!

Lol. Just messing with ya. Fix up
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by TNORWAY: 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
WUdec:

Uncle, 'ret*rded' na one 'D' at the end.

You're killing it today though. Drop some more!

Lol. Just messing with ya. Fix up

lol....

You just joined nairaland today.......you should know the bot would correct it or the mods would ban me ......oya see. Retarded sperm....... Changes to slow.....fool.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by TimeTraveller: 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

How less condescending would you prefer he dished out this fact??! Pray, tell!!! tongue

At least, we both agree it is condescending grin grin
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by shaybebaby(f): 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

Well said
Ta hun. It's all about relative value and whether or not you have or are willing to spend x amount to obtain whatever it is you want.

I work too bloody hard for my money to fritter the little I have. For those who can afford those millions enriching the pockets of hotels, air b n b etc and feel their money is better spent there, good for them. I'm not going to judge, we all have our preferences and our weaknesses.

Whilst I might be sane where naij holidays are concerned, I'm a heavy smoker and definitely waste the same hard earned money on the filthy habit. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Jyde89: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ask me how much I want to get out of it.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by HitRun(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
Missy89:

I did travel to few places thou. I haven’t visited in 12 years so I wanted to see a lot of people

Okay. 12 years is a lot of time. I don't think I can manage that.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Oyin2212(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
WaffenSS:

Weren't you the person chasing after a 40k job from your 25k job back in July? Suddenly in April you visited Nigeria and spent 1.2m?

You're in Jos, not abroad, liar.
Nairaland detectives grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by obyrich(m): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
ufotty2001:

Despite naira is useless .. you guys can't spend freely then why are you guys in abroad
This is what I have been wondering.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Anywhere??!...

Northern Cyprus
Venezuela
Afghanistan
Somalia
Haiti
Etc...

Please, what exactly do you mean by "Anywhere outside Nigeria"??! undecided
Northern cyprus is better than Nigeria,atleast from a citizen perspective.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
mfm04622:

Lol!!!

So when a country have steady power supply, it is automatically better than Nigeria? And when food their is cheaper than Nigeria, it is automatically better than Nigeria? As bad as Nigeria is, it is a lot better than Togo!
Better in what aspect?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
viktohmarkz:

Good day, you said quite a lot even with few words

But right here right now, this geographcial location called Nigeria is a total mess, we here would love to fix it but the guys at the top are best dead before positivity gets working
Our hopes are tied to 2023

But for the time being its best to be a NIGERIAN but Outside NIGERIA then here

Personally i got a very good skill as a fashion designer, I've got someone who's in Denmark and keeps telling me i can make it best outside this shit hole, i pray i do move soon

But till i do
Denmark makes lotta sense bro.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by kabukabu50(m): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
Limassol:
Better in what aspect?

I feel ashamed to tell people that Nigeria doesn't have constant electricity,its humiliating.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
Kkshanana90:

Not true, bro. Sometimes I wished I never left Nigeria! It’s not easy to explain, but you’ll know when you leave Nigeria.
Which country are you in?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
kabukabu50:

I feel ashamed to tell people that Nigeria doesn't have constant electricity,its humiliating.

you are right. You made a smart decision leaving the country.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Localordinary: 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Omo,I spent over 1m when I last visited in December 2020. God no go shame us
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

Most Nigerians back home don't understand the logic and reality you just stated above.

They just look at the exchange rate differences but completely forgot that you still have to work to earn a living and pay up your recurring monthly bills which also doesn't exist in Nigeria apart from paying up NEPA abi PHCN monthly scam bills for services used and unused.

Imagine if Nigeria as it is at the moment was a country were rents are paid monthly, phone bills, medical insurance, car note, car insurance, mortgage, power, sewage, water, daycare, and still get taxed on every purchased items? Most will carry placard and start orubebeing - NO WE CAN'T TAKE IT.

This is the reality of so many people in diaspora which majority of people back come have zero clue about and can't relate to it but are always running amok with their imaginations that are in sharp contrast with the realities.
What is wrong with paying for one's health insurance?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Limassol:
What is wrong with paying for one's health insurance?

What's so difficult with comprehension?
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Limassol(m): 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

What's so difficult with comprehension?
i perfectly understood your comment. And i ask what is wrong in paying for all the services you mentioned when you get good value for your money?

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Limassol:
i perfectly understood your comment. And i ask what is wrong in paying for all the services you mentioned when you get good value for your money?

Read it again and you will understand that you are reading out of context because I never insinuated that it is wrong to pay for services rendered except if that is what you deduced from what you read which isn't what my comment was all about. I'm glad you said you understood my comment which is all that matters.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Valuc: 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
Vietnaminfo:

I am in Austria. Every country has it's pros and cons. I came as a student. I have €13,000 as prove of fund before anything. I advise you to check yourself very well before make a journey in any country. No country is easy bro. If Nigeria is better tomorrow, 99% of guys outside will chose to come back. You will not understand until you come. Don't allow any agent to decive you. To survive in Nigeria is not easy likewise abroad. If you are not financially efficient, I will advise you to hold on to what you are doing in Nigeria
a country will make you or break you.. it all depend on you.. it's better you are in a country where it's hard but there are opportunities than this shitty hole call Nigeria... U had as much as 13000 yet u left..
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by kenton(m): 1:37am On Sep 29, 2021
I’d check him out. All the best in your endeavours.
SocialJustice:
You live in an HMO. Try to attend any of Samuel Leeds crash course or watch his videos about HMOs online. Men, no dull yourself. That's the business I'm coming to UK to do once I can raise school fees and living expenses for 2 years. Blood money.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by cooltola(m): 4:22am On Sep 29, 2021
ExtraVioment:
Back in the day, my sister give me Nick name, send me money, because I thought everything was easy in Yankee.

Don't get me wrong, America is very beautiful and over mature than Nigeria in many ways, no be small thing. Seeing most parts of America, will make you know that serious mathematicians put their theories to practice there. But America is also more gangsta than Nigeria, that part I been no know. It is a struggle to survive there.

I used to call my sisters, my aunties, or my bros when they travel, na so me and my younger bro, go just dey mark them without reason. It took me to go spend 2 years there, for my perspective to reset.

Is not like there are jobs everywhere, but there are jobs. Imagine you get a job, but it cant pay for your rent (room in a house, not even the whole apartment); immigrants from places like Europe, and rich middle east places, can just pick up their small bag and go back to their country when they feel overwhelmed. But Africans cannot try that, and the multitude of beggars back home no go gree you live and survive.

I also blame some people over there(abroad), they like to show off and front because that is their only way of showing gratitude. Another thing is that, home based people are so disillusioned that they see how fresh or see your skin looking more tender, then they assume success; but the truth is that, when you go to any place with electricity and running water, your skin will improve than when in Nigeria. Even people that go to Gabon, have nice skin.

Bottom line is that Nigerians back home need to be educated and be sensitive to people abroad, it is not easy, many sleepless nights, too much pressure to help when you haven't helped yourself or your family, hence, the criminality that people embrace. It is a struggle. People in Nigeria need to understand the struggle, these working countries, don't plan for you to come and be taking all their money back to your country. It is set up to have you work, make just enough, then turn around and pay them taxes and other bills.

I remember a friend of mine that went to Yankee, died one day immediately he got to work. He was doing any job he can find, so that he could pay some bills and try to help people back home. After he died, the people he was always giving money, started looking for who to leach on.

The moral of the experience, are numerous. But remember, everybody wey dey live for lekki, no dey enjoy. Some people dey struggle for real, and am not even talking gateman and cleaners there.

All that glitters is not gold.

It is all true. But a man needs to learn to say no especially when they are abroad working hard to survive. Avoid looking on Facebook, avoid answering peeps on whatsapp when they ask for money all the time, ignore their texts or get busy. Be weary around holiday time and stop being a father Christmas to everyone. Nigerians do not care if one almost died making money overseas,, all they care is for the money to be send. The sad stories will never end and the takers do not have limit. It is good to give but give with sense. The only one that a man or woman owes an obligation are his or her parents or guardians, his wife/ her husband and his kids . Bros, sisters , uncles , aunties , neices , nephew, cousins , bestfriends or girlfriend do not count

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 5:03am On Sep 29, 2021
Valuc:
a country will make you or break you.. it all depend on you.. it's better you are in a country where it's hard but there are opportunities than this shitty hole call Nigeria... U had as much as 13000 yet u left..

I never discouraged anyone from travelling. I am only pointing out what one should equip him or herself before making the move. Alot came with little or no preparation and the obvious is happening to them now. If you have all it takes to travel and you are willing to, you wouldn't come and be frustrated.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by mfm04622: 6:10am On Sep 29, 2021
SocialJustice:
Security, stable electricity and cheap food. It goes a very long way, believe me. You should know I'm not the guy hyping Togo in the original post but Togo is better. I've been indirect victim of kidnap twice, you feel it can not happen to you until it does, when you become aware it can happen to you, you live with that burden daily. I remember when my 2 nephews were kidnapped by house help. It wasn't fun. Men, Nigeria cast o, we need to be honest and see the country for what it is.

The place Nigeria fails woefully is the suppression of freedom. Things are unhealthy on many aspects.

Freedom? Nigeria is one of the freest countries in the world presently! One of the freest!
Which particular freedom do you think Nigeria Govt is suppressing?
Nigerians can say whatever they want, even when they incite others (which is a crime) without any consequences.
Our press can write any rubbish they want without consequences. In fact, our level of insecurities is partly due to the unchecked freedom Nigerians enjoy. Politicians and political parties can do as they like! What freedom is being curtailed by the govt?
A house help kidnapping children in her charge is a crime. There is no country without crime. None!
What is the use of the stable electricity when it is not available in all part of the country? And many can't afford it? Some switch off their fridge part of the day to reduce consumption. We see Nigerians leave on light bulbs even in afternoon!
We think food is expensive in Nigeria because we rely on imports. The weaker Naira led to that. A weak currency is a boon to exports. We should take advantage of this weaker Naira and dominate the West African market. Food will be expensive as long as we can't produce enough of the following. In order if importance. Rice, maize, soya, beans and yam. The FG is supporting the production of all the 5. Govt (at least the FG) has done her part, let citizens do their part!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Asphalting Of Iweka Road Onitsha (pictures) / Long Queues At The Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Early Today / Heavy Tanker Explosion At Army Checkpoint In Anambra State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.