Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (27556 Views)

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
joshuaidibia:
I spent 26m in one month. I shut down all the joints in Port Harcourt. Casablanca, Mr sweet, Autograph, Boss Lounge, SOK, Grendale’s, Night box. They had to take a picture of me with my face blurred and place it in each of the VIP Spots. And oh, na bathroom slippers I use dey go cos them know me well as a baller.

Keep the lies coming
Carry your inferiority complex go show your babe.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by pansophist(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
Boss13:

Yes that's possible.

A 4 star - 5 star hotel room (standard) if you beg and negotiate very well is from N65,000 - N120,000. That's just for one night. Though it comes with breakfast.

An average price for lunch in good restaurants and Lounges could cost from N5,000.00 - N15,000.00 and dependent on what you eat, your drink and the number of people with you. So you could spend N35,000.00 for lunch and dinner. If you add other activities, your total cost per day could be within N100,000 and over.

I spent more than N2.5m so I don't doubt that and like I said it is based on the individual.

If I want to spend one million naira in a day, it's possible. The issue here is me making it seems like it's Nigeria's fault for making me spend such, instead of my financial recklessness. Looking at your numbers, if you can afford it, more power to you. But see that money, if you divide it by three, I'll still enjoy myself in naija pass you sef. No joke.

What happened to Airbnb and eating at places like tasty fried chicken or a good street restaurant or cook even? Why pay 120k for a night when that amount can rent a place for a week at least on Airbnb. Even there are cheaper hotels. I was in enugu in February and didn't spend more than 10k per night in a good hotel with ac, breakfast and every. Why waste money?

My point remains. The problem is not Nigeria or Buhari, it is you who choose to spend and dine an expensive lifestyle. Nothing wrong with it, but don't complain or blame naija. I use God beg you.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Davidganna10:
The amount of lies flying in here is pulsating, most of you are just throwing in figures carelessly 2.5million(4,5k) $15k, $10k. a family of 3 can live comfortably in every county, neighborhood, downtowns in the world and I mean everyone. Central London uk, Manhattan, new York, USA, San Francisco, CA, USA, you name it.

Except you came back for a burial ceremony, chieftaincy title, e.t.c or you have a business, or building projects gulping those sums. If it is casual visit you guys are not saying the truth. Geez!

You are reviewing the comment of people using your own lens
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
mfm04622:

Lol!!!

So when a country have steady power supply, it is automatically better than Nigeria? And when food their is cheaper than Nigeria, it is automatically better than Nigeria? As bad as Nigeria is, it is a lot better than Togo!
You were given an intelligent response with proof, your response on the other hand was based on your belief. This is the reason talking to some of you is a waste of time, you should be left to idle in your ignorance.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by logan2(m): 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
BunmiBie:

Hi please let's talk. It's urgent. Thanks
inbox me
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
HustlePro:
What do you want to talk? So, this twitter strategy is now on nairaland? e no go pass to tell one lie and ask for money... na Twitter strategy. U just saw someone and ask them to contact you like say u put juju for mouth.. my friend get out of here.
Na crase e dey so but e no know.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by juman(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cut your cloth according to your coat.

Even two hundred dollars is enough for you.
I have seen somebody that said he went home with just that amount in his pocket.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Just as it's not easy making #1m in 4 weeks in Nigeria, it's also not easy making $2k in 4 weeks abroad.
If you look am well everybody dey equal only living experiences in terms of infrastructure different.

Most Nigerians back home don't understand the logic and reality you just stated above.

They just look at the exchange rate differences but completely forgot that you still have to work to earn a living and pay up your recurring monthly bills which also doesn't exist in Nigeria apart from paying up NEPA abi PHCN monthly scam bills for services used and unused.

Imagine if Nigeria as it is at the moment was a country were rents are paid monthly, phone bills, medical insurance, car note, car insurance, mortgage, power, sewage, water, daycare, and still get taxed on every purchased items? Most will carry placard and start orubebeing - NO WE CAN'T TAKE IT.

This is the reality of so many people in diaspora which majority of people back come have zero clue about and can't relate to it but are always running amok with their imaginations that are in sharp contrast with the realities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Parrot69: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
Coming this December. $1,000 on my budget. Max!
For 2weeks.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
juman:
Cut your cloth according to your coat.

Even two hundred dollars is enough for you.
I have seen somebody that said he went home with just that amount in his pocket.

Very possible if you are a kid traveling to Nigeria in the company of your parent's or an adult that has money saved up in his or her Nigerian bank account back home then this scenario makes it very possibly okay to visit Nigeria with just $200.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by dettolgel: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:

If I want to spend one million naira in a day, it's possible. The issue here is me making it seems like it's Nigeria's fault for making me spend such, instead of my financial recklessness. Looking at your numbers, if you can afford it, more power to you. But see that money, if you divide it by three, I'll still enjoy myself in naija pass you sef. No joke.

What happened to Airbnb and eating at places like tasty fried chicken or a good street restaurant or cook even? Why pay 120k for a night when that amount can rent a place for a week at least on Airbnb. Even there are cheaper hotels. I was in enugu in February and didn't spend more than 10k per night in a good hotel with ac, breakfast and every. Why waste money?

My point remains. The problem is not Nigeria or Buhari, it is you who choose to spend and dine an expensive lifestyle. Nothing wrong with it, but don't complain or blame naija. I use God beg you.

I don't think it is about blaming Naija per se but there are also some expenses that shouldn't be if not for naija situation. For instance if I travel to other places in Europe for holiday I just stay with friends. But in Naija I have to hide in hotel because of my security and before people turn your family house to problem solving center. Thirdly, the level of comfort you need during holiday you might not get it without staying in hotel where no one disturbs you, everything is clean and arranged like you would have it out here.

I also agree with you that you could chose to spend more or less but then people view their security differently. Bros when I show town with my oyibo I dey carry mopol join body ooh. It costs money ooh I would rather pay than someone asking me for ransom. I can't shout ooh bro.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by BigDawsNet: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
I'm yet to visit ...

But I think 5grand will cover transport and living expenses + gifts

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
viktohmarkz:

Good day, you said quite a lot even with few words

But right here right now, this geographcial location called Nigeria is a total mess, we here would love to fix it but the guys at the top are best dead before positivity gets working
Our hopes are tied to 2023

But for the time being its best to be a NIGERIAN but Outside NIGERIA then here

Personally i got a very good skill as a fashion designer, I've got someone who's in Denmark and keeps telling me i can make it best outside this shit hole, i pray i do move soon

But till i do

You have said it all brother and all I can say is goodluck in your path to a better life. Whichever way you think I can be of help, don't hesitate to let me know. I will continue to give our brothers back home the raw truth on life abroad. Abroad is best experienced than been told. Nigeria is really a shit Hole and one needs to be prepared for any eventualities while he make ways for his exit. I wish you goodluck once more brother and see you in a better part of life existence

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Loveknitting: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
WaffenSS:

Weren't you the person chasing after a 40k job from your 25k job back in July? Suddenly in April you visited Nigeria and spent 1.2m?

You're in Jos, not abroad, liar.

Lol
Allow some of them to lie in peace abeg.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:

Again like I said it is dependent on the lifestyle the individual is accustomed to. I can understand our individual experiences would be different and I don't doubt you enjoying your stay for less the amount I spent. However, enjoyment is relative. What you enjoy may not be what I find enticing.

When I visit Nigeria I restrict myself to two cities (Lagos and Abuja). In Lagos, I restrict myself to the Island and will never visit the mainland except I'm going to the airport. I can understand Enugu would be cheaper, I get it but I won't visit Enugu. I don't find the city appealing and I have been there on several occasions.

I will not do Airbnb because I consider my safety top priority. I will also not stay in a hotel lower than a 4 star because I love to enjoy my comfort and know the services offered to me will be unquestionable. I also don't eat in the fast-food restaurants you mentioned including those here. I only get coffee from fast-food restaurants. Even when I lived in Nigeria, I don't patronized such places. I don't look down on people who do because it maybe down to preference or affordability.

Would someone spend less to have a good time in Nigeria, yes. Have the prices of food and commodities gone up in Nigeria, yes. If I actually reveal how much I spent, your jaw would drop. You may disbelief me and that's fine. I choose not to because everyone's experience cannot be the same. I may prefer to stay at the George and you may prefer to stay at an Inn, but that doesn't exclude the fact that we both visited Nigeria.

Have a good one.

5 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
babakb:

Advise people to travel legally that's all, with Valid residence in a developed country, you will have something to do, we all know that you have to earn a living anywhere in the world.

The most important is that people should travel legally.

When you advised someone to travel legally without equipping him with the knowledge of what he will face, what is the need of the advice. Alot of people are being deceived by so called agents. Our people needs to be told the truth before they make a decision. We should refrain from giving people half baked advice.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by UTALINATION: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
1Alex:
are you the real Utalinator or a rep?

Na Me oo
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by joshuaidibia(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
SocialJustice:
Carry your inferiority complex go show your babe.

Grow up pig. You must be stupid,silly or dumb as hell to not have understood the sarcasm behind my comment. In case u don't know what sarcasm is, please use Google so you won't reply me like an underage school kid with a phone. I wonder how my comment take concern you. Bad belle olodo wey dey jobless.

Have a nice day.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
dettolgel:

I don't think it is about blaming Naija per se but there are also some expenses that should be if not for naija situation. For instance if I travel to other place in Europe for holiday I just stay with friends. But in Naija I have to hide in hotel because of your security and before people turn your family house in problem solving center. Thirdly, the level of comfort you need during holiday you might not get it without staying in hotel where no one disturbs you, everything is clean and arranged like you would have it out here.

I also agree with you that you could chose to spend more or less but then people view there security differently. Bros when I show town with my oyibo I dey carry mopol join body ooh. That cost money ooh I would rather pay than someone asking me for ransom. I can't shout ooh bro.

I completely agree with you except that using security when visiting Nigeria shouldn't only be limited to when you're in the company of your oyibo friend.

What about you as an individual and in the company of no one, won't you prioritize your personal well-being and safety considering the unpleasant insecurity news emanating from Nigeria on a daily basis?

Thanks.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
TNORWAY:
I totally dislike people like you............is like you do t want anybody to travel out of Nigeria and join you abroad.......look at a contradicting advice you just have......why did you leave in the first place Why don't you come back and also look for what to hold unto??

It seems you don't understand English language. Why not re-read my post again and again and have a better comprehension. Am I holding you down not to travel? I am in possession of your international passport? Am I the one holding your visa to abroad. I just stipulated what people should equip themselves with before making the journey. If you know you are financially well to do and you feel abroad is where is your survival, brother you are welcome to abroad. There is no place in my post I discourage anyone from coming abroad. Mind you, I have been to Asia country and now I am in Europe for Studies. If you have means to be in any country, the air is open to fly. I will always repeat, don't travel unprepared and that is just the summary of my write up.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
Loveknitting:

Lol
Allow some of them to lie in peace abeg.

grin grin grin

I still don't understand what exactly is the end goal for lying in a faceless forum where your existence is only by typed words and no one knows you yet they derive maximum satisfaction fooling around?

That's some mental health issues that needs the evaluation of a psychologist.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You'll get labelled as an enemy of progress grin

I have already seen that bro...� � �...you know some people don't want to hear the raw truth. When they travel unprepared, na body go tell them. Anyone who has the capacity to travel can do so and that is the summary of my advice

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
Charmingrascal:

"If Nigeria better tommorow" is a future impossible tense

Hahahahahha......� � � � it is really Terible
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

If you want to help someone, HELP HIM! Nigeria is a mess.
Anywhere outside Nigeria is 10x better.

If you need my advice, I can give it to you free of charge. I know how many people on Nairaland I have counselled and they are happy today.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by cliqtips: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
Incase you are based abroad and you need a husband to join you over there, That's me you are loving for.
I'm AS, 0+, I can cook, I can sweep, I'm caring, loving, I can pray and I can knack too.

We will also give birth to cute children you know grin grin.

Send me a PM if you come across this hun, we would start from there.

my wife might be in your neighborhood or on your SM TL.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by SocialJustice: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
joshuaidibia:

Grow up pig. You must be stupid,silly or dumb as hell to not have understood the sarcasm behind my comment. In case u don't know what sarcasm is, please use Google so you won't reply me like an underage school kid with a phone. I wonder how my comment take concern you. Bad belle olodo wey dey jobless.

Have a nice day.
Show your babe, na only her go understand. Because you no better no mean say others no dey ball. Na your type dey poison niggers Henessey.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Yankee101: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ordinary flights self 1m Dom det finish
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by BabylonCruise(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Rubbish talk. Did he ask you for money? Tell him how you traveled and that's all.

If you're not ready, to help... Just keep quiet. All these Nigerians are so wicked. Once they climb a ladder, they pull it down, so others won't climb and compete with them.

The Earlier you realise that nobody owes you anything...The Better.
He is wicked because he is not in Nigeria with you. This is someone you don't even know.
Incase you didn't notice....He answered the question honestly.
It is not easy anywhere, the edge most of this countries have over Nigeria is just basic amenities.
People still sleep under bridge in America!
There is not country that has Zero poverty rate.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by dettolgel: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
byrron:

I completely agree with you except that using security when visiting Nigeria shouldn't only be limited to when you're in the company of your oyibo friend.

What about you as an individual and in the company of no one, won't you prioritize your personal well-being and safety considering the unpleasant insecurity news emanating from Nigeria on a daily basis?

Thanks.

You are right because of my nature and the way I dress and disguise only people that know me on personal level know that I just came into the country. Simple car ( but most have ac 247) unless I am going to village event in that case I have to dress flashy and go with flashy so as to show them village people say their juju no work grin grin

I am on simple short most times and pans slippers. No bling bling but once oyibo join body you don cast be that na security dey follow body. I no trust boys ooh.

But guy Naija sweet ooh when you hold bar to burn. I pity boys wey get uni girl friend una girl friend don suffer for obodo oyibo guys hand ooh grin if you know you know grin grin
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Boss13: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
cliqtips:
Incase you are based abroad and you need a husband to join you over there, That's me you are loving for.
I'm AS, 0+, I can cook, I can sweep, I'm caring, loving, I can pray and I can knack too.

We will also give birth to cute children you know grin grin.

Send me a PM if you come across this hun, we would start from there.

my wife might be in your neighborhood or on your SM TL.

Don't be desperate.
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
Mandela887:
Please I wish to relocate, which country are u?...is life better in d country u are?...how much can bring me there?

Your best bet is to come as a student. Any country in Sheghen is cool. Canada, Australia, USA and other good countries are great place to migrate to , if you have the Financial capacity
Re: Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? by RPG2020(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
SavageResponse:

Be lying there, how many of you diasporeans even have up to Euro3,000 of personal money in your account?! angry

Send me your account make i bless you

Stupid boy angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Peace Mass Paid ₦500,000 Over No Refund Policy / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.