Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (1534 Views)

7 Most Important Bro Code Every Guy Should Never Break! / The "Bro Code" Every Guy Should Know And Hide From Ladies! / Was I Wrong For Upholding The Bro Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Magnoliaa(f): 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
So, The Bro Code, just like The Male Ego, has been a bandied term for ages, especially as some sort of colloquial in the 'brotherhood'.

My own view is that it doesn't exist, but of course I'm just one person, and it seem somewhat a muddled term, with no clear cut definition or specific acts that qualify as such 'codes.'

It's mostly used when it comes to relationships - and dating girls. But should it be limited to that?

So I'm throwing this question out to you guys to share your experiences and understanding of the term.

How has a bro hurt you? How has a bro helped you? How has a bro totally fked your life/things up for you? What is the greatest thing a 'guy man' has done for you? Is the bro code a myth? Or it's truly some binding 'spirit' amongst guys that cut through flesh, blood and bone?

How would you really, honestly define the relationship men have with themselves? And for you as a male, how would you describe your friendship with other guys?

P.S.: Plis, I'm nursing one very big koko on my head, so, ejoor, take it easy with any dragging or missiles. embarassed You can spoon-feed it to me sha o. I'll accept that one. Teinz.

1 Like

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
We don't owe you any explanation ... call ur boyfriend make he shalaye on extra cool its almost 12am.

8 Likes

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by chatinent: 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Does any “bro code” really exist or isn't it another who's-ox-is-gored stereotype of watching backs?

Like watching out for a diabetic gorging on chocolate? Yeah? You are protecting him?

I am more interested in the I-word than the We-validation.

I think wise people understand the world is better off not following the crowd.

If it is not making sense, it isn't making sense...it doesn't mean all genders must queue up according to their gender to wage war on the opposite gender...so that voices are heard!

Can you not become a million in one? Must you be one in a million?

Some things are supposed to be fun. Some people rather took it to the “black gown and wigs” department, signed wills, and began writing I-vow inscriptions with a no-one-to-read-later encomium on them!

Of late I realized there are many sub-groups of feminism and redpillism with each group having different forewords, even if they share some similarities at the peripheral.

Lol.

Corporate tomfoolery. No unity. No culture...filled with people who had the rumour of the group and joined.

Esteem is a big issue in our world. A pandemic per se.

The hunger for speaking in a group. Lol

After all, the wisdom of this world is total foolishness! No oxymoron intended.

Drops pen..

3 Likes

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Davash222(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Go and ask your brothers and boyfriends. We owe you no explanations!

4 Likes

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Magnoliaa(f): 11:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
chatinent:
Does any “bro code” really exist or isn't it another who's-ox-is-gored stereotype of watching backs?

Drops pen..

LOL. Is plenty. All of this is not even entering my head. Maybe tomorrow morning sha, I'll be able to digest it better.

1 Like

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by lilvicky68(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
chatinent:

Like watching out for a diabetic gorging on chocolate? Yeah? You are protecting him?

If it is not making sense, it isn't making sense...it doesn't mean all genders must queue up according to their gender to wage war on the opposite gender...so that voices are heard!

Some things are supposed to be fun. Some people rather took it to the “black gown and wigs” department, signed wills, and began writing I-vow inscriptions with a no-one-to-read-later encomium on them!

Of late I realized there are many sub-groups of feminism and redpillism with each group having different forewords, even if they share some similarities at the peripheral.

Lol.

Corporate tomfoolery. No unity. No culture...filled with people who had the rumour of the group and joined.

Drops pen..
Omo grin
I don't think I can stress my brain trying to understand this..lemme not go hungry..

1 Like

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by chatinent: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
lilvicky68:

Omo grin
I don't think I can stress my brain trying to understand this..lemme not go hungry..

Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by whitecement: 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
WHO BE THIS ONE NOW?
Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
..r
Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Blessing0305(f): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
How has a bro hurt you? How has a bro helped you? How has a bro totally fked your life/things up for you? What is the greatest thing a 'guy man' has done for you? Is the bro code a myth? Or it's truly some binding 'spirit' amongst guys that cut through flesh, blood and bone?

Or the part that their guys envy their wealth, success, famale partners (girlfrnds or wives), amongst others, secretly rejoicing when things go wrong and they will still b aware.
Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Godada(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
cool
Re: The Bro Code: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by SarutobiEky(m): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
chatinent:

Lol.

Drops pen..
I like how you construct your sentence.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is That Thing That You Cannot Do Without In A Day / Asking A Girl For Money - Loose Their Respect / Rate The Haircut I Gave Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.