Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

A Strange Love - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Strange Love (36425 Views)

A Strange Love / Have You Ever Been Seduced By A Strange Female??? / My Experience With A Strange Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Strange Love by FairCritic(m): 5:34am On Feb 14, 2022
Carry on.
Re: A Strange Love by BigBasher: 11:52am On Feb 14, 2022
kweensheba:

I went to sleep that night wondering what the hell Jimi would do when he got home and Tinu was gone. Tinu was going to catch hell tomorrow. The last thing I remembered before falling asleep was I hope Tinu arrived at her parents safely.

New Year’s Day came and went, I heard nothing from Tinu. The following Monday morning arrived quickly and I left for work. As I passed the front of Tinu and Jimi’s home, I noticed his car was there, hers was not. Tinu never left for work this early. Was she still at her Mom’s?

The entire next week was strange. I finally saw Tinu’s car home on Thursday evening when I returned home. I figured to my self, she had made Jimi sweat a bit before coming back home. I had not heard a word from her in almost a week. Soon another weekend had passed, it was late Sunday night when I got into bed. All I could think about was Tinu and how my private little world all alone had suddenly become so complicated. I simply had to get her out of mind once and for all.

A few days later at work, I received a call from my mother-in-law. She asked me if I could stop by on my way home, she wanted to talk to me. I agreed and a few hours later we were seated in her kitchen. My father in law was in the back yard working.

She asked if I had spoken to Tinu lately? I told her no, not for about two weeks. She told me that Tinu and Jimi were having problems and that Tinu was thinking of getting a separation. She went on to tell me about New Year’s Eve night and the next few days Tinu had stayed with her. She asked me if I would keep an eye out around their house and let her know if I saw anything out of place. I agreed and left shortly after.

That Sunday I was watching the football game when the doorbell rang. I got up and went to the door, surprised to see who standing there.

“Can I talk to you for minute?" Jimi asked.

I let Jimi in and we walked back to sofa and sat down. I could tell this was awkward for him, he was not his usual self. He told me that he had decided to leave Tinu. He went on to say that things had been cold and distant between them for years now. I was glad to hear him say that the problems went back that far. It somewhat made me feel better that I had not been the sole cause of the split up. I asked him if they had both thought this out and this was what they both wanted. He told me that this had been coming for some time now. He admitted that most of this was his fault, especially the drinking. He told me he was miserable and drank to ease the pain. He also said that he had found someone else and it was depressing not to be with her. Funny, I thought, I can relate to that. It was unusual to see Jimi like this.

He was normal, no arrogance. I actually felt bad for him. I told him that anything either of them needed, all they had to do was ask. He got up, shook my hand and apologized to me for his behavior the past few years. He thanked me and asked me to keep an eye on the house and Tinu. I smiled, thinking you don’t have to ask me that twice. He thanked me once again and left quickly. I sat there the rest of that day debating on whether to call Tinu.

I decided against it, it was too soon. Then I began thinking, what if Tinu’s advances to me had been out of the same depression that Jimi had been feeling? Maybe now that she was out of her relationship, she would have a change of heart. Perhaps now, Tinu would want to start a new life. I decided right then and there that I would let Tinu make the next move, I would not pressure her one bit.

A Strange Love: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a-strange-love/44750
Re: A Strange Love by Zamar: 1:39am On Feb 15, 2022
Next
Re: A Strange Love by BigBasher: 1:55am On Feb 16, 2022
Ride on.
Re: A Strange Love by Zamar: 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Next please.
Re: A Strange Love by donkelz(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2022
This story seems similar to a foreign story I read somewhere...hmmmmmm
Re: A Strange Love by ThrillPlus: 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
Waiting for more.
Re: A Strange Love by kweensheba: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2022
I decided against it, it was too soon. Then I began thinking, what if Tinu’s advances to me had been out of the same depression that Jimi had been feeling? Maybe now that she was out of her relationship, she would have a change of heart. Perhaps now, Tinu would want to start a new life. I decided right then and there that I would let Tinu make the next move, I would not pressure her one bit.

Days passed into weeks with no contact. The only news I received was from my in laws. Jimi had gotten an apartment in town, Tinu was working a lot trying to keep her mind off things. They seemed relieved that they had split up. They thought it was a long time coming.

I would pass Tinu’s everyday hoping to see her outside and give me an excuse to stop and chat. But lately she seemed to be keeping longer hours than I did. My mother-in-law called constantly asking me if everything looked normal around there. I told her I had not heard or seen Tinu in well over a month. She told me they talked on the phone every other night or so. Then she told me something that made my heart sink.

“I think Tinu has met someone new, Mike," my mother-in-law said.

“What makes you think that?” I responded in my bravest voice.

“Last night she asked if it was too soon for her to be interested in another man?” was her reply.

She went on to tell me Tinu had told her nothing specific, but from the conversation, she had figured that she had recently met someone. My heart sank and I felt sick to my stomach. I quickly made up an excuse and ended the conversation. I sat there stunned. I had no idea what to do. I thought about going over to Tinu’s and confronting her, telling her how much I loved her and asking her to be with me.

But the more I thought about it, I was sure that was so unfair to Tinu. If she had indeed met someone else, what a terrible position I would put her in. No matter how much it hurt, I had to back off. I decided to take a shower and go to bed. I really did not feel well.

I skipped the next two Sundays at the in laws keeping to myself. The last thing I needed to do was run into Tinu . I tried to keep myself busy with work and errands, doing my best to stay pre-occupied. Soon it was the weekend again and I headed home Friday evening. I drove passed Tinu’s and saw her taking packages out of her car. She waved at me and motioned for me to stop. I pulled to the curb and lowered the window. She came over with a smile and leaned in th upe passenger window.

“Hey, Mike, how are you?” she asked brightly.

“I am ok, how have you been?" was my response.

1 Like

Re: A Strange Love by ThrillPlus: 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Nice update.
Re: A Strange Love by Saturn101: 6:04am On Feb 21, 2022
Cool
Re: A Strange Love by Awesome05: 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
ThrillPlus:
Waiting for more.
Re: A Strange Love by ThrillPlus: 5:44am On Feb 23, 2022
Next please.
Re: A Strange Love by tonysunkan: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nice story.
Re: A Strange Love by kweensheba: 8:05am On Feb 26, 2022
“Hey, Mike, how are you?” she asked brightly.

“I am ok, how have you been?" was my response.

“Things have been rough, but they are getting better," she replied.

She went on to tell me that things had quieted down between her and Jimi. In fact they had dinner the night before and managed to work out most of the financial arrangements of their divorce. She told me that they actually got along much better now then when they were together. I just smiled and shook my head as if I understood. She then asked me why I hadn’t been to her parents house in almost a month. I responded I just had not been feeling well lately and wanted to be alone. She frowned at me and told me she understood, for the past few years, even though her and Jimi lived together, she in fact felt alone.

“Mike, I have to discuss the building with you. We are either going to have to sell it or we have to buy Jimi out," she informed me.

I had not thought of this. I still owned half of the building that Tinu’s business was in. Jimi owned half of Tinu’s share. I started to ask price, amounts, things like that.

“Tell you what," she said, “I am going to clean up, I will go out and get dinner, meet you back at your place about eight o’clock. We can come up with a plan.”

“That’s fine," I replied, “See you then.”

Tinu arrived about ten minutes after eight carrying bags of take out from Kentucky Fried Chicken. I was glad to see Tinu wearing long jeans, and a button up blouse. The last thing I needed was anything to make me feel even worst about what had happened. We went into kitchen, sat at the table and began to eat. I really was not that hungry, my stomach was in a knot.

Tinu began to explain the arrangement that her and Jimi had agreed upon. Tinu wanted to keep the house but could not afford to buy Jimi out of it. She agreed to giving him half of their savings and buy him out of the building in exchange for him signing over the equity in their home to her. So basically what it amounted to was having to come up with about 175,000.00 to buy him out of the business.

She had roughly about 40,000.00 in cash from the savings which was her share. She agreed to sign over the complete building to me in exchange for me buying Jimi out with the baJimi.

Money had never been a problem with me. Thankfully Deola and I had prepared in the event one of us had died prematurely. We had mortgage protection on our home, the business and several pieces of land we owned together.

All of the baJimi’s were paid a few months after Deola’s death, leaving me with only minor expenses. In addition we each had two large life insurances polices, so I was financially secure.

1 Like

Re: A Strange Love by FairCritic(m): 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2022
Interesting update.
Re: A Strange Love by Awesome05: 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nice.
Re: A Strange Love by Zamar: 10:11am On Feb 28, 2022
Nice work
Re: A Strange Love by FairCritic(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2022
Go on.
Re: A Strange Love by FairCritic(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2022
More.
Re: A Strange Love by BigBasher: 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
Waiting for more.
Re: A Strange Love by Awesome05: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
Waiting for more.
Re: A Strange Love by Zamar: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
FairCritic:
Carry on.
Re: A Strange Love by kweensheba: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Money had never been a problem with me. Thankfully Deola and I had prepared in the event one of us had died prematurely. We had mortgage protection on our home, the business and several pieces of land we owned together. All of the baJimi’s were paid a few months after Deola’s death, leaving me with only minor expenses. In addition we each had two large life insurances polices, so I was financially secure.

I told Tinu, I would contact my bank officer and start a mortgage on the building for the roughly 125,000.00, Jimi was owed. I told Tinu her business could pay the monthly notes and that signing over her interests in the building was not necessary. I told her anything I could do to help out during this time, I would be glad to do so. I could see her exhale a huge sigh of relief. Her eyes watered up and she tried to express herself.

“Mike, I don’t know what to say. That is so generous of you. I don’t know how I can ever repay you," she said softly.

“You don’t have to," I replied, “Your family. That is what families do, take care of each other. Besides, I know that’s what Deola would have wanted me to do. I just want you to be happy, Tinu.”

We finished eating, cleaned the kitchen quickly and moved into the great room. She sat on the sofa, I sat across from her in my chair. We continued to talk about the details of the building until we were both satisfied with how it was going to transpire. Without much warning, Tinu changed the subject quickly.

“Mike, I know this is going to be awkward, but I really need to tell you something," she said in a low voice.

“Yes, I know," I quickly replied, “Your Mummy told me, "

She looked puzzled for a moment, then asked what I meant by that.

“Your Mummy has the idea that you might have met someone recently and could be thinking of starting a relationship," I added.

Tinu look startled and confused, moving uneasy on the sofa.

“I can’t believe that my Mummy read me that well. I mean, I really did not say anything that I know of that would have given her any clue," Tinu answered.

So it was true, she had met someone. I decided as much as this was going to hurt, I had to take the noble way out. Before Tinu could say anything else, I decided to let her off the hoalright.

“Tinu, I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I do not care for you. You know I do. But all I want is for you to be happy. I know what it’s like to live with hurt and I don’t want that for you. I am glad that you met someone, you deserve to be happy," I told her.

“Anything you need from me, you just ask. I wish you all the best," I continued.

1 Like

Re: A Strange Love by Saturn101: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2022
Interesting update.
Re: A Strange Love by ThrillPlus: 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Nice update.
Re: A Strange Love by Awesome05: 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ride on.
Re: A Strange Love by kweensheba: 8:10am On Mar 09, 2022
So it was true, she had met someone. I decided as much as this was going to hurt, I had to take the noble way out. Before Tinu could say anything else, I decided to let her off alright.

“Tinu, I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I do not care for you. You know I do. But all I want is for you to be happy. I know what it’s like to live with hurt and I don’t want that for you. I am glad that you met someone, you deserve to be happy," I told her.

“Anything you need from me, you just ask. I wish you all the best," I continued.

She was just looking at me with a blank stare, like she could not believe what I was saying. I am not sure how much time passed, it seemed like an eternity, then she responded.

“Well, in fact, I have met someone," she finally replied, “And I am not positive but I think I may be in love with him.”

My heart sank, I felt my stomach tighten, but I tried my best not to let on I was dying inside. I smiled at her and she continued to tell me how confused she had been for the past few months, so unsure of the right thing to do. She told me she was hesitate to start another relationship so soon after separating from Jimi. She was moving slow to be absolutely sure this was real, not perhaps just a rebound relationship.

“I understand," I told her, “But if you truly have fallen in love, don’t waste any more time. Be happy. Anytime you need to talk or need a shoulder to lean on, I am here for you.”

“Mike, I always admired you, and in a lot of ways, I have always been extremely jealous of Deola. I saw how the two of you got along. You both were always so happy, always kidding each other, always laughing. Not only were you lovers, you were best friends. Now, I can see why Deola was so in love with you.”

I didn’t know what to say or how to say it. Here was my sister in law telling me she had fallen in love with another man, while my heart was crying out to tell her how much I loved her. I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her. But what good would that do. I was unhappy, why burden her with this.

“You know it takes a special man to tell me what you just did. After what we shared together, you’re only concerned about my happiness, my chance tobe in love again, "she said softly.

“Yes, Mike," she said looking down at her feet, “ I am pretty sure I have fallen in love again and it scares me.”

There it was the final blow. My heart was pounding so hard, I was pretty sure she could hear it. My stomach was twisted in knots, I felt like I had suddenly developed a high fever. Once again, I was alone.

Chapter Six

I was trying my best to be supportive but all I could think of was someone else would be holding Tinu at night. After Deola’s death, I had battled with just about every emotion one can have. I blamed goodness, blamed him for not giving me a fair shake in life. We had been successful, had a beautiful home, money, we were happy. It just was not fair. For a long time I was bitter at everything and everyone. But as time passed, I realized that no one knows what life will throw at them. Just when you think you have been dealt a cruel blow, you look around and see someone much worst off than yourself.

“Does Jimi know about your new love interest?" I asked Tinu.

“No," she replied, “But it should not matter to him. He has been seeing someone for years behind my back. So to be honest, I really am not worried about what he thinks.”

“I have seen it happen a lot though Tinu. Guys leave their wife for someone else, they think they don’t care, until their wife finds someone who shows interest, then the jealousy starts," I told her.

Tinu, tilted her head in a puzzled look and paused a moment.

“Mike, you have no clue do you?" she asked “You never asked who I think I am in love with.”

“ I really don’t think I want to know, Tinu," I responded.

Suddenly Tinu gave me the most pitiful loalright. Her eyes filled with water and a tear ran down one cheek. She moved over to the end of the sofa and took my hand.

“Mike, I am so sorry. I was not thinking right. I think you misunderstood me. Yes, I do think I am in love, but it’s with you silly, "she said softly.

It felt that the weight of the entire world had just been lifted off of my shoulders. I can’t describe the feeling, but for the first time in a very long time, I felt a sudden peace.

“You thought I was talking about someone else?”. she asked.

I nodded dumbfounded. The lump in my throat stopped me from talking.

“Even though you thought I was talking about another man, you supported me. No Mike, its you. I have been fighting this since that day here in this room, when we…., " she stopped.

I got up and moved next to her on the sofa. My hand brushed the hair from her cheek. Once again my heart was pounding, but for a much different reason.

“This is going to be very difficult at first, when people find out. Its not going to be pleasant," I warned her.

1 Like

Re: A Strange Love by tonysunkan: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nice work
Re: A Strange Love by Zamar: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2022
Interesting.
Re: A Strange Love by ThrillPlus: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good one.
Re: A Strange Love by Nyenatetan(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
Beautiful pics grin grin
Re: A Strange Love by ThrillPlus: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
More

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Men Dance To Naira Marley 'Soapy' Wearing Only Pants / Nigerian Man Shocked As His Date Suggested She Paid The Bills On Their First Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.