Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Is Smoking A Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking A Sin? (27358 Views)

Is SMOKING A SIN / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Jones4190(m): 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
awesonjr:

where in the Bible pls
Many places

Proverbs 15:17 - Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Psalms 104:14-15 - He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Rapture4real(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
: Follow this link to register and get your free 1000FMC cryptocurrency
https://fmcpay.com/auth/register?ref=195796855

*HOW TO CHECK YOUR 1000FMC TOKEN IN YOUR WALLET AFTER REGISTERING.*

� After registering go to/click on �
- Menu,
- Wallet and
- click on *fiat and spot* to check your balance of 1000 fmcpay coin��

�Fmcpay, founded by Fuinre Inc is the world’s most trusted platform for trading cryptocurrency, digital securities registered in the USA.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by dotedote: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tales By Daylight

Answer the question. SIMPLE.

IS SMOKING A SIN ?

haddeylium:

Firstly, Smoking is a degrading action that harms and defiles a person’s body. Paul reminded the Corinthian that Christians must cleanse themselves of ‘every defilement of the flesh’.

“2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God”

It's a common knowledge that smoking is very addicting. It contains nicotine acts as a stimulant as well as a depressant. Smoking delivers nicotine to the brain quickly and repeatedly.

Smoking is lethal and being enslaved to any lethal habit that enslaves someone is not the best way to give your ‘all’ to almighty God.
Smoking kills at a faster rate than coronavirus. Averagely, 6millons people die every year because of this habit.

God teaches us to have a proper view of our life, our body, and our faculties. His Son, Jesus, pointed to this when he said:

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” Matthew 22:37

Clearly, God wants us to make good use of our life and body and to treat them with respect.

If you want to learn about the true God and his promises and what he has done for us. Even, tips on how to overcome the addiction (if any). Visit JW.ORG

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Jones4190(m): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
How can you explain this

Genesis 1:29-31 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:30 - And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Genesis 1:11 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was s

Sunnybabe:
the way some people reason heeen... Even federal ministry of health warns that smokers are liable to die young, go and check the statistics of people give up the ghost annually due to smoking.

Smokes damage ur body. And according to 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Also
1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Now check this

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So therefore

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Shalom

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Bamzyriches451: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Damn
Smoking is never a sin, it's only here in nigeria that they sees smoking as a sin because of their oversabi.
Go to the US they normally smoke inside the church
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Bmaster(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Op you couldn't add naira marley among the pics you posted tongue
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Bmaster(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bamzyriches451:
Damn
Smoking is never a sin, it's only here in nigeria that they sees smoking as a sin because of their oversabi.
Go to the US they normally smoke inside the church
Church of satan,you meant?

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Jones4190(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So murdering yourself is healthy? Kai, nna men!
You means God didn't have reason for creating herbs?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by dotedote: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Have you also been told how much of a sinner you are cos of your addiction to Pepsi and Coke. Cola addiction in some quarters is more of a son than smoking.
Una never see anytin.
Sin kôh, Gin ni.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Sterope(f): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
In Islam, you are not supposed to do things that harm your body for example eating too much won't be islamic. On that basis, smoking would be a sin so is Shisha (even though it is popular amongst Arabs) because of the harm they cause.

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Is this question a joke? undecided
Is smoking carbohydrates,protein or minerals
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by cooooooks(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Smoking isn't good for your health.
Itiaba007:
Please I want to be convinced wether smoking is a sin or not. Please back up your opinion with bible verses thanks.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jones4190:

You means God didn't have reason for creating herbs?
Did God create any of the herbs to destroy your body?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Prettychild(f): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Itiaba007:
Please I want to be convinced wether smoking is a sin or not. Please back up your opinion with bible verses thanks.
Yes, smoking is a sin. The Bible in Exodus 20 , said thou shall not kill, the Bible didn’t specify whether it’s yourself or another person, so it’s all encompassing; by smoking you are gradually killing yourself which invariably means you have disobeyed the commandment of God
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Jones4190(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Did God create any of the herbs to destroy your body?
Where in the bible did it written herbs will destroy your boy?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jones4190:

Where in the bible did it written herbs will destroy your boy?
Does Smoking cure the body?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Lamasta(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Itiaba007:
Be more concerned about your health bro the federal ministry of health warns that smokers are liable to die young
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
haddeylium:

All these beer parlour fact wink
[/b]A stick of to tobacco is enough to damage the blood vessels and make your blood more likely to clot and cause or related heart attack and disease.[b]
There's no safe level of exposure to tobacco and its component.

Show me where you saw this
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Origin(f): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Not sure.

Though the mere concept that you are drawing fire into your lungs like an incinerator which blackens your lungs health and future....

I would say what's the use why not give it up.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Lovenorth: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
;
Kobojunkie:
And you are right that because I believe it won't... just as Jesus Christ said. undecided
grin
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Is smoking carbohydrates,protein or minerals
God back and read that passage and then ask Jesus Christ your question- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 20 undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lovenorth:
grin
I am serious! undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Lovenorth: 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am serious! undecided
I know that you are serious grin
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Jones4190(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Does Smoking cure the body?
Yes

Proverbs 15:17 - Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Psalms 104:14-15 - He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
Is it not written in your bible
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
As street and exposed as I am, I no dey smoke.
Smoking is not even something I would ever consider cos I term it (to myself) an unhealthy act. Weed or cigarettes, I do none.

This doesn't make it a sin to me, it's just my choice.

Btw, I have plenty friends who are big time paper burners. I mean, real smokers - both weed and cigarettes, plus shisha.

Thank you, Almighty God.

❤❤❤❤

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Benwallt(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
haddeylium:

You need not to worry yourself about the bible principles that condemns smoking if you're not a Christian.
Medically speaking, you and I know that smoking is not for people that want to live long. Of course, you're familiar with the label '
Smokers are liable to die young'.
In that light, JWs cherish life because it's a gift from our God. We would not willingly do anything that would shorten or end our life.
Just think about six million people that die needlessly annually from diseases that could have been prevented by simply not smoking..
na person write an not any of the apostles. All is down to immune system. Some smokes for 70yrs only death took them away from it while some takes a drag and goes nuts. Anything done moderate is ok for the gospel but the ones done recklessly is a sin

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God back and read that passage and then ask Jesus Christ your question- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 20 undecided
This is a very simple something.you brought scripture to explain yourself(fine)

Now the question remains that is smoking food that can give you carbohydrates,protein and minerals? of which when the body processes it you will have faeces that the body excretes

Or in layman man's If you smoke #1500 cigar which kain shit you go excrete
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Crunchyg2: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
haddeylium:

Firstly, Smoking is a degrading action that harms and defiles a person’s body. Paul reminded the Corinthian that Christians must cleanse themselves of ‘every defilement of the flesh’.

“2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God”

It's a common knowledge that smoking is very addicting. It contains nicotine acts as a stimulant as well as a depressant. Smoking delivers nicotine to the brain quickly and repeatedly.

Smoking is lethal and being enslaved to any lethal habit that enslaves someone is not the best way to give your ‘all’ to almighty God.
Smoking kills at a faster rate than coronavirus. Averagely, 6millons people die every year because of this habit.

God teaches us to have a proper view of our life, our body, and our faculties. His Son, Jesus, pointed to this when he said:

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” Matthew 22:37

Clearly, God wants us to make good use of our life and body and to treat them with respect.

If you want to learn about the true God and his promises and what he has done for us. Even, tips on how to overcome the addiction (if any). Visit JW.ORG
Please I want to ask you. Have you seen the place that the scripture said what defiles a man is not what goes inside his body but what comes out. I asked this because of the first scripture you quoted that talked about defilement
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Walkee: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
haddeylium:

meaning consuming Fanta and Pepsi is also a sin
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

This is a very simple something.you brought scripture to explain yourself(fine)

Now the question remains that is smoking food that can give you carbohydrates,protein and minerals? of which when the body processes it you will have faeces that the body excretes

Or in layman man's If you smoke #1500 cigar which kain shit you go excrete
Again, Go back and read that passage and then ask Jesus Christ your question- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 20 undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jones4190:

Yes

Psalms 104:14-15 -He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle , and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
Is it not written in your bible

You are not getting my question
You say smoking is herbal ?
What does smoking cure in the body?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Fesline(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Smoking kills not rapidly but gradually....

You cannot kill yourself as you cannot make even a tiny hair in your body....as the Bible said

Do you know if you kill yourself you have commit a sin?

Why?

Because you can't make your body.

See brothers and sisters,
Your body is to be subjected under the power of God, present your body as a living sacrifice, Holy and acceptable to God.

Romans 12:1 said "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Present your body as a living sacrifice because it is your reasonable service..... That's you serve the father with your body.

Smoking, fornication, stealing to satisfy one's need and wants, etc are for workers of devil, those who live for the world, that the love of the father is not in them..... Children of God work in love and the love of the father dwell in their heart that they cannot sin or defile themselves anymore because their seed remain in them.

Christians are to look on to be like Christ, does Jesus smoke during his days? God forbid.

If you're his follower then, you have to leave behind those things that can take the place of God in your heart and life. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Dances Legwork To 'Unboring' Song Performed By His Choir / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband / "God Changed My Genotype To AA After I Attended A Church Program" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.