Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? (35645 Views)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2021
lipsrsealed
Some of una stories dey make me dey fear to marry sad

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by efficiencie(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

I just want to ask this simple question !

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

I stay and work on the island while I go home three times a week (mainland)

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

Is there something I don't understand ?

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?

You need to have a chat with her. If you are confident she is not wayward and she is generally a good wife, schedule a chat with her. Let her know you are not averse to sacrificing and providing for the family and that she has to stop lying and always come clean if she is to continually earn your trust. Tell her to arrive at a verbal covenant with you that both you will never lie to each other and that both of you will use your resources towards the betterment of your family (both nuclear and extended). Create a family business in your name and have your wife manage the business. You too, oga, be open to your wife. Don't do what you don't want her to do. Lead by example. May the LORD GOD of marriages keep your marriage as sweet as fresh wine!

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Karleb(m): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2021
Oga just forgive your wife abeg.

Seriously, why do you married people have so much problems? angry

6 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Karleb(m): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some of una stories dey make me dey fear to marry sad

As in. grin

Why can't he just say, babe I know you're lying, I have proof but your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by DenreleDave(m): 7:46am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:

I am not cheating on her and she never caught me cheating .That's not the story here sa

Bros I don't think the little incident Dt happen shud cause an issue.... Call her to order and give her a stern warning

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by grafixdon: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2021
That woman disrespected you by lying to you, you must let her pay for it. After Toiling day and night to provide for your family, this is how she want to pay you back. Some women are so ungrateful. Majority of people castigasting op are so ignorant and unmarried hence they can stew nonsense....

If I were you, I'll make sure she send the money back to the account with proof. What nonsense even when you've never benefitted anything from her.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by AmazingELixir: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2021
undecided

Op the concluding paragraph of your writeup contradicts this quoted paragraph in the body of your post;

" Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding ."

How do we The judges begin to rationalise this conundrum.

As for women and money Op forget matter...
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Bloomfrancs5(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2021
Shuku Shuku bam bam

Buy your mtn data for as low as
300 = 1gb
600 = 2gb
900 = 3gb
1200 = 4gb
1400 = 5gb

Valid for 30 days!
Call/whatsapp: 0 8 1 6 2 5 8 9 8 7 1
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Kobicove(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2021
It must be terrible to have a wife who's a thief angry

I pity guys in this situation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by MansoryMX(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?

You are a very foolish and weakling man for bringing your marital issues to Nairaland of all places!

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by 9japride(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2021
Why asking us, were we in the bedroom when you guys were enjoying the consummation of the marriage? Didn't you noticed any funny character while courting? Abeg go and settle with your wife, when things goes well most of you guys don't do give away to those who ask for one favour or the other here on nairaland.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Innobee99(m): 9:37am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?
She didn't do well but u shouldn't have included that u don't benefit anything from her.

Ur son alone is a huge benefit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Saao(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2021
Just small lie u came here to complain, other wives did it everyday. Money and women are five and six. Let it be and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by tafabaloo(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2021
Stealing is bad ! Abeg post your family picture here so that we can shame her.

Anyone bringing his family issues to nairaland for judgment is assumed to be unserious !

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Qatar2022: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2021
ststyreal:
Just ask her bros.... She will be in a better position to answer you.
Because woman is involved you will not spill trash if it's the other way round you would have talk trash the man

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by nokspos: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2021
70 years old man !! because of 5k

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by highchief1: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?
divorce her.she’s giving money to a bf if not what’s d point lieing.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Amaechi2023(m): 9:41am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:

Thanks .

All these slay queens we married don't joke with money and funniest thing is that my wife is so stingy with her money but wetin man go do.

I will not even get my salary into that account again.Why I am using my son account is that most time,I don't even know how I spend the money and I believe she will do better than me in expenses but since she is indirectly telling me she is broke after getting #35,000 in just five days ,I shouldn't try that again
you've been married for years now and you claim she's loyal. Thing is no matter how strong relationship are, there are things people don't tell their partners. I'll advise you forgive her, she's your wife and she deserves a second chance. You can react when it persist. God bless your marriage.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:41am On Oct 09, 2021
Must you have to bring your personal issue here? something you can settle amicably with her. smh

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Corporate2020: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2021
5,000 shouldn't cause issues nah. My guy, drop that thing. Secondly, stop saying you never benefitted anything from your wife. It's belittling.

Women will always be women. My mothers too did the same thing and our fathers did not go about telling the whole world.

But you and your wife should stop locking your phone from each other. Women have higher probability of cheating than men. Open your phone for your wife and let her open hers. Even if you have one or two side chicks, clear your phone before you go home everyday. Also check you wife's phone at least once in a month. Don't be blinded by love, those that did before you are regretting in their graves now.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Omicron007: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2021
grin

OP, what advice do you want from your online in-laws now?

You want us to advice you to go for a divorce because of 5K or what?

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by hpogana: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2021
Chai
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Scottz: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
She didn't forget .she just lied but we will be fine tomorrow morning .We don't let our dispute go beyond a day but I still don't know why she said that .

I will not even ask her again .Bygone is bygone .That's the kind of man I am.i will just let it slide
so when you knew this why the hell did you bring it here. Imagine say ur wife go open nairaland see this one now. All these marital issues una de carry come online de do more damage than good o. Better be wise

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by chelseamann(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2021
See how you just de expose your family like bread and butter

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Twoclans(f): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2021
Hian.

Maybe she cant do simple mathematics undecided
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by aikyg(m): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2021
You could be accusing your wife wrongly. Sometimes ATM can debit you without dispensing.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Burgerlomo: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2021
But why husband and wife go dey use heavy military grade app lock to lock their phones or is there something that am missing grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by emmeyen: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
Why this sudden bitterness over this? Yes she lied but I'm sure right now she feels stupid for doing that. Then you now saying you have never benefitted anything from her is too shallow abeg. She made a mistake, forgive her and move on. Have you never offended her before? I don't know why she lied anyway but sit her down and talk to her. You married a human being na. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
She didn't forget .she just lied but we will be fine tomorrow morning .We don't let our dispute go beyond a day but I still don't know why she said that .

I will not even ask her again .Bygone is bygone .That's the kind of man I am.i will just let it slide
This issue is so unnecessary Na! You could have called her immediately to resolve it instead of getting worked up over it .
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by oshoke4real: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
From your brief it seems you both love urselves and should not allow mere issues distract ur goals.
I suspect she needed the money to settle her own family issues which when she tells you.you might to render help.
It's wrong for her not to have tell you so I opined that you put her down and talk to her on the issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral / How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.