Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? (35667 Views)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by gbemishile: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2021
Its your money.who is in good position to flex with ur money? Abeg park well jooooor

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by ifeayo300: 10:14am On Oct 09, 2021
That is woman for you bros. In the first place , you shouldn't have had your company send the money to your son's account when you know she has access to it instead why not have them deposited to your bank account. I'm not saying she's a bad woman. Like my daddy use to say , if you have 15K , tell her you had 5K reason is if a woman knows your total worth , she will want to finish everything that is when she will know she had something to do with money. Cos she believes another money is coming . I'll advice you use your account to receive whatever funds from your work place instead of your son's.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 09, 2021
PLEASE come and take 5K,
Let me save your Marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by boogie2: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

I just want to ask this simple question !

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

I stay and work on the island while I go home three times a week (mainland)

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

Is there something I don't understand ?

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?

You too stingy. 5k carry you nairaland. You no mature.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Starz825(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2021
sisisioge:
Doesnt she work? 150k is too small for a family in Nigeria now o.....hian, and shes the one appropriately your whole salary? It is well.

1. Leave the 5k matter alone biko.
2. Look into broadening your income as a family
3. Work out how she becomes financially able too
4. Agree on shared contributions

There is no way you can grow if shes the one appropriating your whole salary. You need to have savings, flex money and emergency money apart from the family recurring expense money. Maybe school fees drained this one but you really need to relook your income.

I wish you and yours financial growth o cos it's a major constraint for families.
God bless you for this ...
That lady has to financially stable/independent herself....
Cos if not , she will continue to be the accountant general and auditor general of the husband's finances...
On top how much undecided
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2021
There are what we called White Lies. Obviously, we do it everyday with no long term repercussions.

She told a white lie, just as you tell people you're on your way whereas you're snoring on your cozy bed.

This is not something that should cause dispute, especially going by the fact that the said woman have been an oversize wife material.

If there's anyone with a problem, is the op. What the hell is 5k? For her to lie about such insignificant amount means you have been failing in your role as a loving husband.

When last did you took your wife outing and spoil her a little bit?

Next please...
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

grin grin grin grin
COUNTRY hard for some people.
After all, everyone was touching JESUS until the lady with the issue of blood touched him and JESUS felt power leaving him. He had to ask who touched me.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. You're funny.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Cassetteman: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2021
First and foremost lying to you is not call for but still she remain your wife ,so u just have to forgive and forget but still let her no u dislike lie and forget about it all
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by nairabacks(f): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2021
Answer your father's name...you no gree con go marry. Now you'll be disturbing the peace on nairaland.

To Both men and women.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Lol. You're funny.
NAIRALAND sweet die.
See Topic..
Sometimes when I read things/ stories here, I have no choice than to love and cherish my wife more. Our own wahala be say I don't have time for her.
Attention 30%.
Affection almost 30%.
Appreciation 70%
But comfortability na berekete.....
Kids account stuffed with cash grin grin
We just dey chase money grin grin grin grin.
She dey chase..
I dey chase...
We don't have time.
She celebrated my birthday with $2000..
That meant nothing to her at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Paulianfa(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2021
Women with lies sha, maybe she was afraid of telling you or she wasn't aware of the email notification in ur device. From ur point of view, ur wife is a good woman anyway, u know women are like old motor, one needs to drive with care. Just follow her bit by bit, I mean always correct her in every time u noticed crack but in a peaceful and mature manner. Don't take things personal or argue too much just bring back the trust u about letting it go. Simple issue like this really may help someone out there, don't mind weed smoking niggas always post anything that bothered u, who knows u might save someone with the same problem.
Also prayer can move mountains especially in the marriage setup, I just like u bro. U sound very simple in dealing with things like this, kudos.
I wish u peace of mind and sweet loving home, I strongly knew ur home is Bless already.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by dontai(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2021
MansoryMX:

You are a very foolish and weakling man for bringing your marital issues to Nairaland of all places!
Tah!
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Paulianfa(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2021
You too stingy. 5k carry you nairaland. You no mature.

5k is whole lot of money, can change life ooo
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:33am On Oct 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

NAIRALAND sweet die.
See Topic..
Sometimes when I read things/ stories here, I have no choice than to love and cherish my wife more. Our own wahala be say I don't have time for her.
Attention 30%.
Affection almost 30%.
Appreciation 70%
But comfortability na berekete.....
Kids account stuffed with cash grin grin
We just dey chase money grin grin grin grin.
She dey chase..
I dey chase...
We don't have time.
She celebrated my birthday with $2000..
That meant nothing to her at all.

Good for y'all. cheesy
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by grafixdon: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2021
Klass99:

But, he said he has benefitted a child/son from her or doesn't that count for something, these days?

Cut the crap bro. They both benefited from each other, you'd be surprised that boy will grow loving his mother most.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by samdaisi: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2021
But why do you people lock your phones with heavy security? As I am speaking now my 4 years old baby can draw pattern to unlock my phone. I just use it against the third party that are not my family member
Please you and your madam still need counseling concerning how to handle privacy in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by jimter44(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2021
This is not the platform to table such issues. Call your wife and sit her down, then iron out the issue. Simple as ABC. Don't wash your dirty linen in the public.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Paulianfa(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
PLEASE come and take 5K,
Let me save your Marriage

Pls I need it
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Emmanuel909090: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2021
Op, be calming down.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Kemetals: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2021
I just want to ask this simple question !

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

I stay and work on the island while I go home three times a week (mainland)

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

Is there something I don't understand ?

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?[/quote]

You are not matured enough to handle a family issue, taking it outside to resolve makes you immature. Mr. Man you have to be a man enough to handle your privacy. People like you allow outsiders to come in between their marriage. please let not mother, father, brother, sister, friends, pastors, etc. come in between your marriage. All of them have their own issue they are not discussing with you. Your wife is part of you. If you have issue with her call her and resolve it and move ahead. it is a shame to come to a platform like this to discuss such an issue otherwise you become irresponsible.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Good for y'all. cheesy
But Attention and Affection dey suffer naa

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Blessing185(f): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2021
obi4eze:
Oga this is not the right place to bring family issues. You should be a man and solve your family issues instead of washing your dirty linen in public.
If you truly love your wife as you claim you should be able to ask her why she lied and sort out the issue with her instead of coming to expose her here.

We are not your wife and neither is she us.
abeg make we hear word,if stuffs like this are not brought online how will young couples learn. No man is an island of wisdom that's why people learn from others. It's so appalling how you people always blast people who bring issues online..if he didn't bring it online,will you get the chance to tell him not to bring it online??

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by jeff1607(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2021
My own is , how can a man earn 150k and borrow? Or owe anyone when one isn’t nursing any health challenge?
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by harmargedon: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2021
Women lie a lot, so it's not a new thing.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2021
jeff1607:
My own is , how can a man earn 150k and borrow? Or owe anyone when one isn’t nursing any health challenge?
.....150k na small money naaa
People with 500 million still dey Borrow naa
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by defcon4: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2021
Are you a woman

".This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together"

Caution yourself!!!
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by jeff1607(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

.....150k na small money naaa
People with 500 million still dey Borrow naa

Still it’s not enough to borrow, living within one’s means is essential,even the same person earns 1mil a month they will still borrow and it’s not like one is servicing mortgages.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Maobichek: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:

I am not cheating on her and she never caught me cheating .That's not the story here sa

Good morning, what caught my attention is that you lock your phone with password but she lock her own with heavy password; now you want to know why she lied, you guys have not been open to each other from day one. You must know her password and she must know yours. Any secrecy in relationship or marriage is a high way to unfaithfulness. Forgive her and let her know your password and know her own, thank you.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Pataricatering(f): 10:45am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
She didn't forget .she just lied but we will be fine tomorrow morning .We don't let our dispute go beyond a day but I still don't know why she said that .

I will not even ask her again .Bygone is bygone .That's the kind of man I am.i will just let it slide
this is so silly . Unless it is a trend and she lies about stuff a lot . This is not a big deal . Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, abeg
You might love your wife but you obviously don't respect her . Even the tone of your writeup shows you don't respect her . Go and work on yourself , sir

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by armstrongadeola: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2021
[b]Funniest thing is that till this moment ,she is still claiming she took #10,000,#5,000,#15,000 and that she got alert of #15,000 ,#15,000 while I actually got #5,000,#15,000 ,#15,000 from this same ATM close to our house .

I don't know why she is still lying to cover up but it is fine sa .Those of you saying it is childish to bring this issue here doesn't know how hurt I am .I don't know why withdrawal of #10,000 and #5,000 will come with sms alert of #15,000 in a single message .

You don't know how I feel now for that excuse .I mean a cooked-up excuse when she definitely know I am not an illiterate .The fact remains she was caught red-handed and instead of her to say SORRY still baffle me .Anyway, ain't surprised .She hates saying that .

Why will a bank add up #5,000 and #10,000 to send #15,000 debit alert while I got mail notification for 3 withdrawal .

Those of you who are saying I don't take care of her .For your information ,she have a shop where she sell things and last Sunday was my off .Even before I was paid in the night ,we went out to have a nice time in a close-by restaurant .

I even promised to give her #100,000 to buy stuff for her shop when I get my october salary .What more can I do as a loving husband ??

You don't even know I feel now .I called her some minutes ago to send me the remaining #2,000 in the account and imagine she was telling me she can't that she need to withdraw #1,000 to buy food for my son .Imagine !!

So ,she spent #7,000 per day for 5 days because today is just Saturday the sixth day .

For your information ,it is not about the money but about the lie .It is not issue of poverty at all ..

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2021
See what poverty has reduced Nigeria to... u are not doing ur manly work,not giving the woman anything and she was afraid to ask you, so only way she feels she can get is to withdraw more than expected... oga forget the 5k and leave the poor woman alone

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Ten06(m): 10:49am On Oct 09, 2021
If every man on this tread tells you how their wives lie at home you will know women are very dangerous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him, I Need Help / How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.