Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? (35641 Views)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Dcoy: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2021
Your answer is in her well secured phone...
Two happily married couples with locked phones....hmmmmm
Me can't even take any relationship serious if I don't have access to her phone... period..
Since I gat nothing to hide
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by WaffenSS(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2021
It's your money. She owes you an explanation. Don't let this slide else she'll pilfer your entire wealth away.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by walozanga(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2021
A family man like u, imagine the type of issue u bring up here. 30k dis 35k that.
Do u want us to call the wife that u claim u love so much a thief or a liar.

So as matured as u think You are, u cant sit ur wife down and talk to her.
Shame on u!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Blackdisciple(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by IamAsiri: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:
Op, you have every right to be angry at your wife's behavior because it's your hard earned money and the fact that you entrusted her with the money but she still had to lie to you.

She should be able to give accurate and detailed account of every money spent since she has been given the responsibility of keeping and managing your salary. failure to do so will be seen as gross mismanagement of funds on her part. Hence she should be relieved of that duty. I don't know why some women like to abuse privilege when they manage to get one ( including me).

Secondly, she has no right to ask you to return the 13,000 naira you collected. For crying out loud, it's your money!!!! And even if it was a joint account, she has no right to be spending from it and tell you not to spend or return whatever you spend. Oga, abi you Don chop efor? Snap out of it abeg!

Set a new rule.
Let her get a ledger and open an account record for your salary. Every Income and expenditure must be duly recorded and updated to the last kobo if she must continue keeping your money. And Transparency and honesty must be adhered to.

He should employ her as a full time accountant? grin Hope you know he has to pay her though. This your government go serious pass Buhari own o cheesy.
But on a serious note, I think it might be an oversight, a miscalculation or that even a dispense error of 5k occurred.
@OP, please note that it could be any of the above. It might even be that madam borrowed it for a small business which she knew you might object to but which she believes in. Please take this matter with a pinch of salt. We all know marriage is not a bed of roses. Don't allow some as 'trivial' (yes trivial) as this to affect your mindset about your marriage in any way. As for not being totally helpful since you got married, please don't say that. You might be surprised how helpful she can be to you in the future. God bless you both and God bless your home.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2021
CSTRR:

No mind am.

Ordinary 5k, he dey shout.

Some men dey pay double school fees every term unknowingly.

Lets not give OP unnecessary BP o ! grin i read the post n was just laughing, well if he did not say it out how will he know he is luck, it is well
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Irishrena1(f): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Is it 5k you are reacting to like this? What if it was 100k? You'd have sent her to her father's house by now.

Did she spend the money on anything outside the upkeep of the home? Did she spend it on a sugar boy? Those are the kind of questions to ask. Then if all is fine, you just admonish her.

You know sometimes a woman gets tired if mizing money and just wants to spoil herself a little
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by RichAbujaGuy: 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
I don't know how married simps can be in love with a dishonest, untrustworthy lying wife?
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
IamAsiri:

He should employ her as a full time accountant? grin Hope you know he has to pay her though. This your government go serious pass Buhari own o cheesy.
But on a serious note, I think it might be an oversight, a miscalculation or that even a dispense error of 5k occurred.
@OP, please note that it could be any of the above. It might even be that madam borrowed it for a small business which she knew you might object to but which she believes in. Please take this matter with a pinch of salt. We all know marriage is not a bed of roses. Don't allow some as 'trivial' (yes trivial) as this to affect your mindset about your marriage in any way. As for not being totally helpful since you got married, please don't say that. You might be surprised how helpful she can be to you in the future. God bless you both and God bless your home.

I'm not saying he should employ her as a full time account but just suggesting that method to instil dicipline and curtail the habit of wisful in her.

By the way, Why are majority holding brief for this woman as if, if it were them they'll handle it with levity. This is somebody's salary we are talking about here.

Ok, how many of you hand your salary to your woman like the op? Let's be sincere here.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by ecclize: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
she might think of returning the 5k before you know of it.
which ever way just talk to her, let her see reasons she should be straight foward with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Babinski: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
She didn't forget .she just lied but we will be fine tomorrow morning .We don't let our dispute go beyond a day but I still don't know why she said that .

I will not even ask her again .Bygone is bygone .That's the kind of man I am.i will just let it slide

Ask her and get the matter trashed out instead of letting in become a buried time bomb in the name of letting it slide. You are obviously bothered by it and should hear her side of the story before any conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by NoToPile: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
She even blocked me right now .

I am done with her ..

She said she didn't see the alert of #5,000 as if she doesn't know how much she took.

It is fine anyway

Okay now that you are done with her what do you want us to do?

This matter pass the 5k honestly

If this is how people claim 'I am done with her' for every issue, most marriages will be divorced OK.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Rhozabeth(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bros why are u complaining? The time will come when u will needto get her approval to spen your own money! Nonsense!
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by phenylalanine(m): 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

I just want to ask this simple question !

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

I stay and work on the island while I go home three times a week (mainland)

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

Is there something I don't understand ?

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?
Just tell her you don't like what she did, and move on, women will always be women... No go used 5k scattered ur home, all the best
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by toujurs: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bro see ehh, women have wahala oh. Don't take this too personal. To avoid a break up. And take responsibility of the money, you worked for. Since you can't trust her with your money
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?

Women tell lies naturally.

I learnt this as a new employee. Women lie for convenience. If a situation doesn't suit them, they just LIE.

Learn that today.

I learnt it from my colleagues. Don't you have sisters ??

They are manipulative. You have to be insincere and a lier to manipulate others to do your bidding without their approval.

Give a woman N1m today, she won't pay you and nobody will hear it

But the day a woman lends you N50k, the whole world will hear it and you will pay.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by pickatyoubackup: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

U be mumu man. Woman wrapper. Abeg getat
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by rottennaija(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

Trust is a dangerous thing, especially when a woman locks her phone. I know of a lady who is cheating on her husband constantly with someone the husband likely knows and probably visits their family. Sometimes, when I look at her, I just do not understand how things are the way they are.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by DesChyko: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
Somebody who earns six-digit salary is bringing a #5000 deficit in his wife's account to him to social media cry

May the Almighty grant us the wisdom to respect the sanctity of our marriages. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by miksonics(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
The bank will return the balance be patient
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by StanislausWeCan(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
She lied because the 5K is for her personal use. She does not intend to account for it,just small money for her use off the family need. Did u allocate any money for her personal use and upkeep? I guess No! So she needed it,and doesn't want to be asked what she used it for. Chairman,u don't have a problem atal . .if she is good wife apart from this singular act,try and know how best to convince her not to lie next time she needs money and uses any. GOD bless your home,take care.
First comment and remark from this handle. #WeCan
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by phenom666(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:

Thanks .

All these slay queens we married don't joke with money and funniest thing is that my wife is so stingy with her money but wetin man go do.

I will not even get my salary into that account again.Why I am using my son account is that most time,I don't even know how I spend the money and I believe she will do better than me in expenses but since she is indirectly telling me she is broke after getting #35,000 in just five days ,I shouldn't try that again

Your wife is cheating on you bro, make sure you find a way to check her phone and also check her movement serrectly or assign someone to, a fellow woman will be better.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding ..

But why did she lie ?

grin grin grin grin grin before watin you been the reason... my man , we don't stand to gain anything except for the offspring, anything you are doing , you do because of God and because it is morally right.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Testimony1988(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
She should have just apologize that erase all doubt.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Regex: 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

Don't you have your own account?
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by onyxo76(m): 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
all these wives sha
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

But Attention and Affection dey suffer naa

She's probably decided to put up with it. Perhaps they aren't deal breakers for her.

I couldn't possibly thrive where there's no attention and affection. Those are top on the list for me.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Irishrena1(f): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
Irishrena1:
Is it 5k you are reacting to like this? What if it was 100k? You'd have sent her to her father's house by now.

Did she spend the money on anything outside the upkeep of the home? Did she spend it on a sugar boy? Those are the kind of questions to ask. Then if all is fine, you just admonish her.

You know sometimes a woman gets tired if mizing money and just wants to spoil herself a little

If I was the one eh, after all these your shenanigans because of money I spent on the upkeep of the home, I'd collect the amount of money that will warrant all the insults you have insulted that poor lady.

When I collect that amount, it will then suffice for the old insult plus jara. So that I'll see what I gained from enduring your insults. I'll bear the insult with all joy.

Oluku man! Don't go and provide for her. Lock up everywhere ehn, so that the only money you spend is the one you use to pay bills and give outsiders.

Your kind of person ehn, I'm sure you can't remember when last you bought her panties. Even to make her hair will be every Christmas. Easter hair will be if you are in a good mood. The only money of yours you want her to feel is the one she uses to buy edibles and eat. Beyond that you'll feel she no deserve am because according to you, it's just child bearing you benefit from her so why does she want to live a life of affluence on your pocket. Foolish man.

If you were not mature enough to have someone that close to you why didn't you just look for desperate women to do baby mama for you. There are even some that will take Care of the children with their own monies...all they need is a sperm donor and a father figure.

Foolish man!
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Afor321: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
Nobody is perfect. U have been able to tell us like 5 qualities in your wife. So if she lied to u once, u should be able to sit her down, tell her how much u hate what she did. I believe 2 of u can reason together and it will be settled.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by cooooooks(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Don't make it an accusation, and please have these conversations in person.

Explain that you were not trying to 'catch' her but you do not appreciate any 'small' lie.

Use religion to buttress your point.

Good luck.

There are more fundamental questions:
- how many children
- is she working, going to school?
- Could she work from home? (Fiverr, Youtube, writing)

armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by MummyD2020(f): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
obi4eze:
Oga this is not the right place to bring family issues. You should be a man and solve your family issues instead of washing your dirty linen in public.
If you truly love your wife as you claim you should be able to ask her why she lied and sort out the issue with her instead of coming to expose her here.

We are not your wife and neither is she us.

U be correct person. Bia op, go meet ur wife for house biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Intentionally Shuts Down Wife In Front Of Their Kids Changes / PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.