Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? (35643 Views)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by nedekid: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
Op, first rule of the game, never do joint account.
As per the lie over 5k, maybe she was fearful of what your reaction will be.
Since na just 5k, that could be considered a 'minor' daily lie, which we all tear everyday. grin
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by UltimateStarman: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

I just want to ask this simple question !

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

I stay and work on the island while I go home three times a week (mainland)

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

Is there something I don't understand ?

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?
women of virtues are special creatures
ask her in a calm way why
her reason will surprise you and you'll definitely love her more
If she's truly a woman of virtue
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Aug28th(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2021
youngblaq:

E ma binu
Lolz grin
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by rawe45: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

What will you do if for the first week you get your salary paid into your son account and your wife withdrew #35,000 but lied she withdrew #30,000 ?

This is what happened .She gets the SMS notification from our son account and she also keep the ATM card but all I do is to get the mail notification.

Tonight ,she was indirectly complaining she doesn't have money and I asked her how much she withdrew in the last five days and she said #30,000 but the mail notification I got showed she withdrew #5,000,#15,000 and #15,000 on Monday and Tuesday (this week ).

The amount that dropped in the account was #150,000 and she was the one that even started doing transfer for those we needed to settle last sunday when my salary dropped .

We paid our son school fee ,sent little amount to my sister and little amount to her mum and her elder sister and I borrowed #13,000 from the money for transportation.We paid debt of #20,000 .

In all these,she was able to withdrew #35,000 and I was surprised she was telling me this night to get the money someone was owing me so that I can return the #13,000 I got because all what we have as balance in the account is #2,000 .

I was like is she trying to tell me she have finished the #35,000 with her and jokingly I said how much did you even withdraw from the salary and she said #30,000 !

I asked her if she was sure and she said that's what she withdrew .I now sent the notification I got to her and she was shocked and refused to reply me since 8pm .

My question is why did she lie ? Definitely ,she know she took #35,000 (#5,000 &#15,000 on Monday&another #15,000 on tuesday )but I am still shocked why she lied and why she is insisting on getting the #13,000 she transferred to me from my own sweat !!

Seriously ,I have lost my trust in her .This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

I love her so much and we have been together since 2013 .I have never seen any trace of infidelity in her but she locks her phone with heavy security just because I lock mine and that have never cause an issue but I still don't know why she had to lie this night !

She have definitely been a good wife since we settled down( with prayer and moral support )and she always stand by me in term of better and worse and she is not wayward despite how pretty she is .

But why did she lie ?

The denial might be out of fear/respect for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Romanoff(f): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2021
Marriage no be by age o. Na by maturity.
See what someone's husband is bringing to social media, this is what marriage has been reduced to.

Issues that should be discussed between man and wife gets brought to social media for children and skeptics of marriage to analyze and criticize.

If you dey pray for husband, your first requirement should be man wey get sense.

E get why.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Coly2012(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2021
It's the same thing that made both of you to chain your phone that also made her lied to you, oga if you are not open to a woman totally, she will not be open to you totally, don't be surprised that the 5k was spent on you,son, relative on even on the family.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Johel(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

Sort your marital issues outside NL and SM at large.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

She needs money. No vex my brother. I believe if she has something doing, she wouldn't need to lie that unnecessary lie.

Na small thing my brother.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Lanretoye(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2021
Who is this idiot?,you have never benefited anything from her but she married you,gave u a child,supports you with prayer and morals...what else do u want her to do?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Makib2020(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2021
She use the 5k carry 5 odd she go return am this weekend pray make arsenal win...owo de
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by bolousadex: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2021
This is not a problem..5k issues here & there is not a problem....Your wife is not a bad woman if this is all she does....my wife has access to my atm cards, spends without my consent. This is no issue in as much as she doesnt spend on frivolous things...Things are tight but God will continue to provide

5 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2021
You ve been training a pyton, now its begining to come out gradually...
I think you did some mistakes,
there are some men codes your re yet to know... Thats what makes a man a man...
Im sorry i cant reveal it online,
buh i can share it with you privately...
You need to put those things in place otherwise, you ll be surprised at the next thing she will do....
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by OvisFranko: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

Bros, be a MAN.
Why must bring your family issue here, what happened to a heart- to- heart discussion with your wife.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by marsup: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2021
You are not a serious person. One, for bringing this to the forum. Two, for stating, you haven’t benefitted anything from her. You can call her and express your displeasure. Even if you have to talk to someone, how about family?
Do you ridicule someone you love?
Don’t let stupidity molest your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Pimine: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2021
obi4eze:
Oga this is not the right place to bring family issues. You should be a man and solve your family issues instead of washing your dirty linen in public.
If you truly love your wife as you claim you should be able to ask her why she lied and sort out the issue with her instead of coming to expose her here.

We are not your wife and neither is she us.
Aswearugaaad

He's not washing any dirty linen oga. Did he reveal any info with which you'd identify him or his family? If you don't have any advice for him Waka pass.
Una go just dey do copy and paste without understanding the meaning of the words you're using.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by joshuaidibia(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

Go and open your own account. Avoid upcoming situations cos e go happen again. Maybe she miscalculated,I don't know. But OPEN YOUR OWN ACCOUNT
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Validated: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2021
Op, my own is which organisation pays salary to an unknown staff? Your son is not an employee of your company or whoever you work for, how on earth are they paying into a minor's account? Lets address that first.
OP, the money is not salary but corruption, that is why you are using your son's account.
Now to your point, your wife is helping you spend the money as she likes because it is fraudelent.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by yusluvad(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2021
Fact! I like your points, he shouldn't have come to the public in the first place...
emmyN:

This is not the way to settle dispute. You need to communicate else you build subconscious resentment which overtime can spiral into something else.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Justbehave(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2021
Romanoff:
Marriage no be by age o. Na by maturity.
See what someone's husband is bringing to social media, this is what marriage has been reduced to.

Issues that should be discussed between man and wife gets brought to social media for children and skeptics of marriage to analyze and criticize.

If you dey pray for husband, your first requirement should be man wey get sense.

E get why.
You are very correct but add AND A WOMAN WEY NO DEY THIEF AND LIE. E get why.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by davo90tico(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?
My brother if u ask me na who I go ask? This is between u and ur wife na. How is the mostly single youth on this forum supposed to know why she lied and advice u that is married accordingly? Haba na u sef check am
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

Most likely because she knows you would not approve of the use she put the money to so she wants you to return the 13k so she can cover up. People lie for all sorts of reasons from small to big. Get her to open up to you on what she used the money for, make her know that you won't be cross with her but you must know.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by miqos02(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
This is someone who I have never benefitted anything from her rather than the fact that we have a son together after our wedding .

two contradictory statements in one post. Are you sure you are not a liar yourself ?

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by HRMK: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2021
what are u complaining abt?u gave her ur atm card!u can only trust very few people with money!UR WIFE NOT ONE OF THEM!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?
FORGIVE her and move on.
Women have inbuilt LYING MACHINE...
The issue is that theirs shed tears while Lying.

The only issue I have with your marriage is:
You married a LEECH.
I'm so sorry to say so.
I don't know why you Guys keep settling for LADIES who have nothing to offer.
Then Later you rush to social media weeping.
MARRY LOADED LADIES.
they are out there, looking for genuine guys.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by seyz91(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2021
baba

Everything not for the media

people on socials with their opinion will only be making you think and feel you been cheated on and all but

The most important of all is you have realized and highlighted how great your wife is as to loyalty and all so every others don't matter

we all got out flaws as no one is perfect but through it all you both still love eachother so kindly get off here and ignore any public or social opinion
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Newboss(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2021
That woman dey use you dey catch cruise.

This is not the first time. It's only the first time that you're finding out.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by bebanky: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

See,i have been married for 15 years now.

Tell her you dont like the lies.

Do not drag this issues

I will advice you to forget it and let it be.

Try and create other sources of income to compliment your present income.

Do not allow 5,000 to ruin your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Psoul(m): 9:56am On Oct 09, 2021
obi4eze:
Oga this is not the right place to bring family issues. You should be a man and solve your family issues instead of washing your dirty linen in public.
If you truly love your wife as you claim you should be able to ask her why she lied and sort out the issue with her instead of coming to expose her here.

We are not your wife and neither is she us.

These days, most people tend to be so lazy that they hate to engage their brain into any job. They want people to think for them, make money for them, feed them etc.
If a married man can bring up a simple family issue like this to social media for advice, I wonder what he will do if those matters that shake marriages and tend to test a man's capability crop up.
Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by frankson1(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:
Good evenning house ,

But why did she lie ?

You've been married for about 8yrs and you couldn't call or wait to get home and ask why she withdrew more than what she was supposed to and lied about it.

You said that you've not received any benefits from her and I'm guessing It's financial benefit you're referring to, Huncle, have you asked her what she wants to do and then set her up?

I didn't see where you included her name is the sharing formular.

Instead of coming to spoil the lady's name, just do the needful by talking with her.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by Munzy14(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2021
armstrongadeola:

I am not cheating on her and she never caught me cheating .That's not the story here sa
Na so!

For you to add it to this case, it bothers you a bit, though you have not given it a deep thought..

How do you feel comfortable in eachother's arms knowing fully well you operate security codes on your cell phones?...smh two gamers sha.

And you aren't staying together like that.

Back to the bone of contention, You have to talk to your woman...To really know if she is having an issue that warranted her hiding a 5k transaction from you...Common this your wife..she must open up to you if she comfortably go naked with you, she shouldn't hide anything from you.

Don't be in a haste to throwaway the trust...If you don't trust the mother of your son, who will?

This is a private matter...Talk to her, not in a harsh manly way o, get her in her lovy-dovy feelings and bring up the matter...she go tell u A-z...

For a valid reason you let go.

For an invalid reason, she will av to apologise and you let go..This one is not deep...The only issue here is telling lies to the father of her son.

Re: Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? by bethyz(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2021
Dont take it too seriously you may begin to think otherwise.

I lied to my spouse one time . I had paid for somthing without telling so money was latter sent for it. I kept the money cause i had paid for the item already without informing my spouse.

When my spouse ask if i had paid the one that i was given i said yes. It was latter found that i didnt pay it. I felt like a liar and i felt uneasy facing my spouse about lieing about paying when i didnt.

When confrontation happened i had to explain why i lied. I had waited for the payment to come since my spouse was wasting time i went ahead and did the payment myself hoping when my spouse decide to pay i can collect the money back . That is why when the money was given i didnt pay cause i had already done it a long time i just collected back my money. My offence was that i didnt communicate as such i just said yes i have paid the one that was sent.

Anger was there but we just laughed my stupidity off our self. I was caught like a thief. Hahaaaaa. But we just laughed it off. Since then if i have paid for somthing upfront i say it. I am more transparent now. Lieing is bad. Just laugh it off. Dont take it too serious.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / Couple's Egyptian Themed Maternity Shoot Goes Viral / How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.