Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

The Bible Is Overrated - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is Overrated (2986 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
xproducer:

-----------

If you truly knew what the Holy Bible is,

Does he sound to you like one who can slog through a big fat Holy Bible?
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2021
budaatum:

Does he sound to you like one who can slog through a big fat Holy Bible?

Bread and butter remain your biggest achievement
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2021
xproducer:

-----------

If you truly knew what the Holy Bible is, and the power of GOD... I doubt you would make the above statements!

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18

+++

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:21

"Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel: “The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue." - 2 Samuel 23:1-2

There are billionaires that don't care about the Bible

Budaatum is not a billionaire!

Go back to your vomit!!!
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Bread and butter remain your biggest achievement

Not only bread, Hell, but butter too? Trust me, nothing brings me more joy than that you can at least see how big an achievement that is!

It is rather unfortunate however that you can not read yet, but when you learn to read, which mark my words you will someday, you'd say, "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%206%3A25-59&version=NIV]Please give us this bread[/url]".

But you can't yet and you instead wail that you need to be saved.

The [understanding of the Word of the] Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased. If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it . [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+9%3A10-12&version=KJV]Proverbs 9:10-12[/url] bEV
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
budaatum:

Not only bread, Hell, but butter too? Trust me, nothing brings me more joy than that you can at least see how big an achievement that is!

It is rather unfortunate however that you can not read yet, but when you learn to read, which mark my words you will someday, you'd say, "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%206%3A25-59&version=NIV]Please give us this bread[/url]".

But you can't yet and you instead.wail that you need to be saved.

The [understanding of the Word of the] Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased. If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it . [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+9%3A10-12&version=KJV]Proverbs 9:10-12[/url] bEV

Another vomit

KnownUnknown has summarized you
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
budaatum:

Your wisdom is not needed
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
budaatum:

Off course

Budaatum says I can't read

Since it's budaatum saying it

It doesn't matter

You can turn, divert,spin and go zig-zag

I will rather die Hell Victorinho
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Since it's budaatum saying it
It doesn't matter

You can turn, divert, spin and go zig-zag
I will rather die Hell Victorinho

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=budaatum post=106648440][/quote]

I don't need you to see me as wise
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I don't need you to see me as wise

Your "need" is irrelevant, Hell. You reap what you sow.

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
budaatum:

Your "need" is irrelevant, Hell. You reap what you sow.

Your vomit is irrelevant

Keep feeling special in vain

You are not the first person to be quoted
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Your vomit is irrelevant

Keep feeling special in vain

You are not the first person to be quoted

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Empiree: 4:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 12, 2021
[quote author=budaatum post=106659282][/quote]

Same for you
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by jamesid29(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2021
1I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?

2My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Tamaratonye1(f): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
Depends on what you mean by overrated. What I know is, it is a heaping, steaming pile of contradictions.

Christians skew things such that some verses are allegorical and others aren't. Some things imply this, while others imply that. That way, if the bible makes mistakes, you can interprete it to mean whatever the hell you want it to mean and still believe in this mythical nonsense. This is a book on which not all Christians can agree, and the Jews and Muslims have their own religion based on its mythical god.

This is why the bible is a useless, pointless piece of nonsense. Aesop's Fables and Confucianism provide more practical counsel, and you don't have to believe in an angry ass deity that murders children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by KnownUnknown: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Christians skew things such that some verses are allegorical and others aren't.

KnownUnknown:
Christianity: One of the most thoroughly depraved religious ideologies the world has ever known.

Mythology: Stolen
Theology: Morally Depraved
Leaders: Avaricious, unscrupulous, utterly corrupt
Followers: Gullible, ignorant, self-righteous

History: Theft, misery, bloodshed

Results: Slave/Master relationships, Human Exploitation, Economic Exploitation, Degeneracy

A proper tragicomedy!

The most ironic part of it is that they don't understand the allegories. Even the ones who claim to "understand" and are devoid of "belief" don't understand the allegories. Atheists and some theists also have literal interpretations of the allegories and it follows that atheists find the stories absurd. To make matters worse, the few who understand the allegories but who are in positions of power in Christian or Judaic institutions will not explain the allegories because that will be tantamount to killing the goose that has been laying golden eggs for centuries.

Can I by justice or by crooked ways of deceit ascend a loftier tower which may be a fortress to me all my days?
-Pindar

I am almost certain that the principals of the Catholic Church (the MOTHER church of all you Christians) have asked themselves the above question multiple times over the centuries and their answer is always "why kill the sheep when you can continue fleecing the flock.

When you understand the allegories, they won't be able to sell you the cure for a disease that doesn't exist and you might even view them as the epitome of immorality.

The Bible is not overrated nor underrated. It’s a collection of impressive literature composed by some of the finest minds of those times.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Pastafari: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Yes you are correct and that’s why you need to read the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the truth
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
Depends on what you mean by overrated. What I know is, it is a heaping, steaming pile of contradictions.

Christians skew things such that some verses are allegorical and others aren't. Some things imply this, while others imply that. That way, if the bible makes mistakes, you can interprete it to mean whatever the hell you want it to mean and still believe in this mythical nonsense. This is a book on which not all Christians can agree, and the Jews and Muslims have their own religion based on its mythical god.

This is why the bible is a useless, pointless piece of nonsense. Aesop's Fables and Confucianism provide more practical counsel, and you don't have to believe in an angry ass deity that murders children.

You don't need to be a Christian nor believe the Bible if you can read for yourself instead of letting others tell and interpret the book to you. And if you read it like a child with no preconceived indoctrination blinding you, which is how you read Aesop's Fables and Confucianism, with fresh eyes and no one preaching to you, you'd have gained understanding of your own instead of stumbling on interpretations and beliefs of the ignorant, because that "heaping, steaming pile of contradictions" is intended to provoke your brain into action.

Best thing is, it can do it without you knowing, if you read it that is, or if you're lazy like me, pay to have it read to you for free.

budaatum:
Download free copy of ESV in audio

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11514526_notable02251_jpeg9644633f25fabfb7cc4599eb3e433e47
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:
Yes you are correct and that’s why you need to read the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the truth

I have not come across any with the literary finesse worthy of consideration.

You got copy, please?
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2021
KnownUnknown:

The Bible is not overrated nor underrated. It’s a collection of impressive literature composed by some of the finest minds of those times.

Thank you. Now, if only we can be bothered to understand what we read in it then the unknown might just become the known and we might become the finest minds of our time.

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Pastafari: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
budaatum:

I have not come across any with the literary finesse worthy of consideration.

You got copy, please?
Yes I do.

Download the gospel from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IgE91pfTlla6WF2J7Z1CtgAPul5_ThmE/view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:
Yes I do.

Download the gospel from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IgE91pfTlla6WF2J7Z1CtgAPul5_ThmE/view

Thanks for this. I got this far:

What if it is He, pushing us down with His Noodly Appendages, that causes this force? He is invisible, remember, and is undetectable by current instruments, so in theory it is possible. And the fact that the gravitational powers of the Spaghetti Monster haven't been disproven makes it all the more likely to be true. We can only guess as to His mo-tives, but it's logical to assume that if He is going to such trouble, there is a good reason. It could be that He doesn't want us floating off earth into space, or maybe just that He enjoys touching us—we may never know.

That last sentence is nonsense. The paragraphs starts with "if", thereby asking me to not use my brain; then he tries to convince me I am blind with "invisible, remember, and is undetectable", and tells me to "guess" while crap is cooked in my head; and he then concludes "we may never know", when I knew it was crap all along, and he likely does too since his work is a parody, as in, 'an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect'.

I think it would be a good read again - yes I've gotten much further in the past" - but I likely would not have the time I fear. A must read though. Lol. As is the Bible and Quran, not for belief however, but for anyone wanting to understand Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Pastafari: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
budaatum:

Thanks for this. I got this far:

That last sentence is nonsense. The paragraphs starts with "if", thereby asking me to not use my brain; then he tries to convince me I am blind with "invisible, remember, and is undetectable", and tells me to "guess" while crap is cooked in my head; and he then concludes "we may never know", when I knew it was crap all along, and he likely does too since his work is a parody, as in, 'an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect'.

I think it would be a good read again - yes I've gotten much further in the past" - but I likely would not have the time I fear. A must read though. Lol. As is the Bible and Quran, not for belief however, but for anyone wanting to understand Nigeria and Nigerians.
Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a parody.
The Spaghetti monster is more than 13.8billion years old, we just happened to discover this truth in 2005.
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by sonmvayina(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Since you people loved to do evil one to another the world did not have peace even before the Bible was given.

Peace is the goal..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:
Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a parody.
The Spaghetti monster is more than 13.8billion years old, we just happened to discover this truth in 2005.

Forgive me. I was very ignorant that "Spaghetti monster is more than 13.8billion years old, fact".

Could you provide factual evidence please, so I don't need to merely believe you but can know for myself.
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
sonmvayina:

Peace is the goal..

Of all of the God books.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Pastafari: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
budaatum:

Forgive me. I was very ignorant that "Spaghetti monster is more than 13.8billion years old, fact".

Could you provide factual evidence please, so I don't need to merely believe you but can know for myself.
Well, If scientist say that the universe is 13.8billiom years old according to various extrapolation from the CMB and redshift of the expanding universe, who do you think made those? It couldn’t have started on his own, this explanation is more plausible than any other from other religions who claim the universe is less than 10,000year old.

There’s has to be a cause for the universe and the evidence we have says that cause has to be older than 13.8billion years and only The Flying Spaghetti Monster fits that description. If you think otherwise then you may have to disprove it.
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:
Well, If scientist say that the universe is 13.8billiom years old according to various extrapolation from the CMB and redshift of the expanding universe, who do you think made those? It couldn’t have started on his own, ....

This is a problem with you humans. You struggle to accurately describe what happened just 10000 years ago but you expect buda to believe anything you have to say about 13.8billiom years. I mean, do I really seem that gullible? If so, someone please sell me antigullible cream. I'm willing to go up to ₦100k.

Why do you think the universe "couldn't have started on its own", pasta?
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by Pastafari: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
budaatum:

This is a problem with you humans. You struggle to accurately describe what happened just 10000 years ago but you expect buda to believe anything you have to say about 13.8billiom years. I mean, do I really seem that gullible? If so, someone please sell me antigullible cream. I'm willing to go up to ₦100k.

Why do you think the universe "couldn't have started on its own", pasta?

And what makes you think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn’t create the universe?
Re: The Bible Is Overrated by budaatum: 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:

And what makes you think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn’t create the universe?

To be honest with you, I don't think anything created the universe, or at least no one put forward sounds credible to me.

As I said, 13.8billion years is far too long ago for me to ignorantly 'think' anything credible about the start of the universe and I refuse to be that ignorant.

Don't forget to provide the evidence I asked for please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is the Bible, the words of God or the words of men about God? / Iranian Pastor Hanged For Refusing To Embrace Islam / It Takes A Fool To Be An Atheist-a Special kind of Fool!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.