Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,440 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) (9989 Views)

Tuoyo Cries Out About A Troubling New Trend At Nigerian Nightclubs (pic/video) / Groom Shower: Is This The New Trend Among Husbands-To-Be? (Photo) / Underaged Prostitutes Take Over Zimbabwe Bushes, Lure Passersby For Sex (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
siofra:
What is this I'm seeing about SA?

Mr TMK south aren't all south Africans richer than Dangote again grin

That's why Zuma and his corruption had to go and indeed we got rid of him. No one has ever denied this, but those same people are still able to fill trolleys at Shoprite and you can't in Nigeria. So the joke's on u tongue

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by siofra(f): 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

That's why Zuma and his corruption had to go and indeed we got rid of him. No one has ever denied this, but those same people are still able to fill trolleys at Shoprite and you can't in Nigeria. So the joke's on u tongue

Yeah, what they sell at ShopRite is not what Nigerians like to eat or use all the time.

6 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
siofra:

Yeah, what they sell at ShopRite is not what Nigerians like to eat or use all the time.

And what about Mr Price, Truworths and Woolworths? Everyone's leaving.

And yet you're bragging about alcohol. Misplaced priorities indeed. grin

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by siofra(f): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

And what about Mr Price, Truworths and Woolworths? Everyone's leaving.

And yet you're bragging about alcohol. Misplaced priorities indeed. grin

Same thing. I noticed, it's mostly white people that go there and they buy all sorts of weird things Nigerians will never want to buy.

5 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
siofra:

Same thing. I noticed, it's mostly white people that go there and they buy all sorts of weird things Nigerians will never want to buy.

But these stores are flourishing in Ghana and all over Southern Africa. Do u people not wear clothes? Are u done with your lies and excuses ma'am
Just admit u used to bargaining with market women to get things at the cheapest price possible.

I'm gonna come open a food and clothes hiring company in Nigeria - you're clearly cheapskates
grin

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
killmods:
Drinks wey small small boys dey use wash wrist watch from Wednesday to Friday night naim SA men dey use pose just to fit fvck.. weakest move i have ever heard of grin

Small small boys into yahoo And you're celebrating them undecided

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by siofra(f): 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

But these stores are flourishing in Ghana and all over Southern Africa. Do u people not wear clothes? Are u done with your lies and excuses now ma'am Or just admit u used to bargaining with market women to get things at the cheapest price possible.

I'm gonna come open a food and clothes hiring company in Nigeria - you're clearly cheapskates
grin

Did I see 'flourishing in Ghana'?

8 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
siofra:

Did I see 'flourishing in Ghana'?

Which businesses are pulling out of Ghana? Most of the big economies in Africa went through a rough time in the past few years, but u don't see businesses pulling out left right and centre like in Nigeria.

No western retail brands will be lining up to enter Nigeria following the SA mass exodus - trust me. SA will forever remain the shopping Mecca of Africa at this rate.

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TjoBATHONG(m): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why did Shoprite leave Nigeria, again grin

POVERTY

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Why did Shoprite leave Nigeria, again grin

Nigerians actually saw ShopRite as a tourism destination within the country. Funny people.

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Nigerians actually saw ShopRite as a tourism destination within the country. Funny people.

grin grin grin Sun City in Nigeria.

And some people dispute that BBC report. SMH. Nigerians and lying...

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

grin grin cheesy Sun City in Nigeria.

And some people dispute that BBC report. SMH. Nigerians and lying...

But how did ShopRite and pep manage that? It's surprising.

That's some good strategy. Perhaps the lack of any such thing made those places seem so good.

I wouldn't like to think Nigerians are poor, but the rejoicing at ShopRite... Spar is better.

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

But how did ShopRite and pep manage that? It's surprising.

That's some good strategy. Perhaps the lack of any such thing made those places seem so good.

I wouldn't like to think Nigerians are poor, but the rejoicing at ShopRite... Spar is better.

Shoprite came with escalators and some "Madiba magic". U know what that is?

Shoprite and Pep by far have to be the cheapest shops you'll find in SA for food and clothing - hence their longevity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Belafonte:

My people, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, what it is please? grin

A ram
Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by greatiyk4u(m): 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na only low self esteem go make one compare Almighty Nigeria with xenophobic SA,

We eat fresh food and that's why shoprite doesn't entice the locals, we are Africans and very proud of that, if the locals starts patronizing shoprite for common groceries, how will our village dwellers survive?

We shouldn't emulate the west in all our endeavours, we are street smart and that's our uniqueness and the reason for the GIANT STATUS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Lamanii22(f): 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded - competition is always welcome, they have it in SA & Southern Africa too from even more luxury grocery stores but they don't close shop. So your argument doesn't fly.

But your ShopRite is still operating in Ibadan, Nigeria na... I still bought coconut bread there last month.....

They made sales in Nigeria in my opinion... They just felt like closing.... Nigerians buy things a lot.... Just tag it at a price, they don't mind....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by Transcriber: 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
greatiyk4u:
Na only low self esteem go make one compare Almighty Nigeria with xenophobic SA,

We eat fresh food and that's why shoprite doesn't entice the locals, we are Africans and very proud of that, if the locals starts patronizing shoprite for common groceries, how will our village dwellers survive?

We shouldn't emulate the west in all our endeavours, we are street smart and that's our uniqueness and the reason for the GIANT STATUS

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lamanii22:

But your ShopRite is still operating in Ibadan, Nigeria na... I still bought coconut bread there last month.....

They made sales in Nigeria in my opinion... They just felt like closing.... Nigerians buy things a lot.... Just tag it at a price, they don't mind....

Nigeria was no longer profitable for Shoprite (see attachments).

I don't know about Ibadan - maybe they've not wrapped up operations yet. I've never heard of coconut bread at Shoprite in SA. I guess that's what they meant by adapting to local tastes. Sounds delicious though.

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=Transcriber post=106628635][/quote]

U and your friend trying to save face. Shoprite also sources fresh produce from local farmers.

I'm asking myself now who else would wanna enter COWgeria after a major brand like Shoprite existed and with Ghana also eating up all your investment lunch next door grin
Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by theTranscriber: 12:29am On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

U and your friend trying to save face. Shoprite also sources fresh produce from local farmers.

I'm asking myself now who else would wanna enter COWgeria after a major brand like Shoprite existed and with Ghana also eating up all your investment lunch next door grin
Nigerians don't really buy into the idea of malls
Get that into your cranium undecided
Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by theTranscriber: 12:31am On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

Nigeria was no longer profitable for Shoprite (see attachments).

I don't know about Ibadan - maybe they've not wrapped up operations yet. I've never heard of coconut bread at Shoprite in SA. I guess that's what they meant by adapting to local tastes. Sounds delicious though.

ShopRite is still very functional in Nigeria,I have one about 20 mins from my house
A Nigerian company just bought the franchise lipsrsealed

I can't remember when last I bought stuff from a mall undecided
Maybe January undecided lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:44am On Oct 11, 2021
theTranscriber:

Nigerians don't really buy into the idea of malls
Get that into your cranium undecided

The first thing Nigerians do when they get to SA is hit the malls - checkout YouTube. Even Zicloma just did a skit in a mall (his only SA video). So I don't buy your argument.

Or are u saying they wanna visit malls but not buy?

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by theTranscriber: 12:47am On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

The first thing Nigerians do when they get to SA is hit the malls - checkout YouTube. Even Zicloma just did a skit in a mall (his only SA video). So I don't buy your argument.

Or are u saying they wanna visit malls but not buy?
SA is not Nigeria

If you go to Rome you do like the Romans do
Normal logic undecided
Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:50am On Oct 11, 2021
theTranscriber:
ShopRite is still very functional in Nigeria,I have one about 20 mins from my house
A Nigerian company just bought the franchise lipsrsealed

I can't remember when last I bought stuff from a mall undecided
Maybe January undecided lipsrsealed

Yeah I know a Nigerian company bought them out - I saw the thread. Everyone was complaining the standards are gonna be very low. But are they still trading as Shoprite? I thought they would change the name.

You were last in a mall 9 months ago shocked shocked? Dude, malls are a culture in SA. I even vaccinated in a mall on Wednesday. Been sick since, that's why I haven't been back yet.

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by theTranscriber: 12:54am On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah I know a Nigerian company bought them out - I saw the thread. Everyone was complaining the standards are gonna be very low. But are they still trading as Shoprite? I thought they would change the name.

You were last in a mall 9 months ago shocked shocked? Dude, malls are a culture in SA. I even vaccinated in a mall on Wednesday. Been sick since, that's why I haven't been back yet.

they bought the franchise, everything plus names, catchphrases,employees even influencers, everything.

Yeah
I can count the number of times I've gone in my lifetime
Mostly in my tweens for Supa strikes comics grin

Malls are not the thing here at all
Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:03am On Oct 11, 2021
theTranscriber:
they bought the franchise, everything plus names, catchphrases,employees even influencers, everything.

Yeah
I can count the number of times I've gone in my lifetime
Mostly in my tweens for Supa strikes comics grin

Oh ok, I thought they would use their own branding. Let me know how it's going a year from now if I'm not on the new Mxit by then.

So u went to the mall to buy SA comics? U guys been looking up to us since 900 BC cool

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:20am On Oct 11, 2021
theTranscriber:

Walk with a Kenyan inside an SA mall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE9i2SLcrXg

1 Like

Re: SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) by ruggedtimi(m): 5:13am On Oct 11, 2021
This na normal na...for club Dem go do dorime tire na only one bottle we open and we go tip the club waitress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / Let's Be Truthful... "Photo" / I Pay Your Bills, What Do You Offer Aside Sex? Guy Asks His GF (SCREENSHOTS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.