Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) (63543 Views)

Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by daddytime(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2021
azraeljaheel:

chief i can do with friends now! Thanks so much again
No family no foes no friends!

i find myself talking to myself atimes.

permit to pm you?

Sure, go ahead.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2021
Conversation with the bricklayer this morning

me: ekaro(good morning) sir

bricklayer: karo shey o su dada(morning hope you slept well)
Rontolo
me: yes i did ese(thank you)

bricklayer: oya go dey cari block put inside

<giving the baba a tiring face>

me: baba i need to simi dier(rest a little)
<baba gave me the disgust look>

bricklayer: eyin omode insi ti ya ole ju(you kids of now are so lazy)

me: baba ko ribe gbogbo ara lo romi as i dey like this(am not lazy am just having serious body pain)

baba: o mo pe excercise lonshey bayi(dont you know this is an excercise)<in my mind-god punish you sir nonesense>
<starts tellin me about the story of his life that he has told me over million times>
oya mofe lo si ibi kan jho kin tode ko ti ko blocks wole ati iyepe(going out now please take the blocks inside and measure sand too)

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 19, 2021
The mad man is going to drink his daily early morning ogogoro..

when he gets back na that energy him go dey use ginger me!!

<<i will be going to the church this afternoon to see the woman who is suppose to collect her contribution>>

#ikantfitkarigun

Dutycalls

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 19, 2021
daddytime:

Sure, go ahead.
sent you a pm now!! Good morning
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by daddytime(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2021
azraeljaheel:

sent you a pm now!! Good morning

Good morning.

Do me a WhatsApp from my signature.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
daddytime:

Good morning.

Do me a WhatsApp from my signature.

good afternoon

ayah, currently not on whatsapp now. but ba adamu, we could stil connect on here.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by daddytime(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
azraeljaheel:

good afternoon

ayah, currently not on whatsapp now. but ba adamu, we could stil connect on here.

No wahala...didnt get your dm though.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Happy jumat to all the muslims out there

am headed back to the church, we currently on break at the site(food break).. The bricklayer aka baba came back smelling like the factory where they produce dry gin.

baba can talk for africa and he has this thing he says all the time after every sentence "shey you understand"<in my mind am like-dude how am i supose to understand when i wasnt there, abeg free me>

good news is the crazy situation i got myself into am half way out. Baba helped me with lil cash plus my labourer fee and remaining 10k i can give the woman her contribution money but bad news na say i go drink the garri tire lol

#ikantfitkarigun

5 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
About to resume evening session. If i say i no taya am lying.

gave the woman her money, meaning i would be sleeping at the church tonight rather than that cold site

had lil time to go to the bins around to pick up plastic bottles for the engine oil. Although the biz is crawling but thank god that engine oil for now has no ex date.

as you prepare for weekend please reach out to people.

#ikanfitkarigun

dutycalls

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
Fridays

vigil things, body pain is killing me but will man do?

the devil throwing me back to last year by this time how friday nights were crazy fun(could it be a sin to reminisce about the past?)

young man you just have to stop dwelling in regrets...

should really rest my head.. Have to wake up by 12am for prayer(but what is the dif btw god and your fams? It feels like they never listen*convo with my mind*)

to everyone out there i pray for that flick of light when you are in your darkess moment

tomorrow is another day

#ikantfitkarigun

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 20, 2021

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2021
Had a very long walk this morning, just to clear my mind.

what am i not doing right?
am i stupid chasing after God?
am i actually doing the right thing?
can my sins ever be forgiven?
too many questions with limited or no answers.

on my way back from my endurance trek found a pawpaw tree lo and behold a ripe one was there staring at me

breakfast is served

(i no steal the pawpaw o, i ask person for the place if i fit pluck and a go ahead was given)

#ikantfitkarigun

6 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by NemoDatQuod(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
vikgreen01
Seems to me like you've set yourself up for a very successful llife. Success is not defined by the material things we posses. Don't quote me on this. I took the quote direct from the manufacturer of human beings and you'd agree He is best placed to know what success looks like. Hardwork, diligence and integrity will ensure you have food on the table twice a day, have a decent roof over your head and have a shirt on your back. Ultimately, that's all a human being needs. Everything else is the vainness of our ego driving us! I am proud of you. I hope you don't ever deviate no matter how rough things get.
I went to uni at 13. My parents were middle class with eight other kids to take care of in addition to numerous cousins and stary eyed kids they kept taking in. Life at uni was hard. All I had going for me was the blessing of an incredible mind and a determination never to give up. Today, I've got a roof over my head, can eat twice a day and have a shirt on my back. More importantly, I derive joy in "paying forward" the kindness I received from strangers as a kid. Everyting else is the vainness of our egos!

vikgreen01:

I can relate boss.
Migrating through school, this is the kind of thing I’d passed thru. Mama gonna pay school fee, house rent, feeding and other utilities. Ino fit still Dey ask her say I won buy shoes, cloths, phone, bags Nd all so I turned to this hustle.

I have worked in a block industry as a mixer Nd as a carrier. I have loaded all this long dyna truck packed with blocks Nd followed go site go offload. Also I have worked with all those local man wey Dey make blocks as a mixer. Sometimes I Dey go clear/cut grass for site for some raba.

Numerous times I have been a labor worker on building site Nd I have also follow tillers go work as laborer.

I have worked in a printing factory where high security questions are printed like waec, neco, jamb(during those olden ppt days) where dem go lock person up for 3months or more depending on the type of exams going on with constant working day Nd night.

I have worked in a rental services loading chairs, tents and other equipment go locations set it up Nd pack it back after usage.

I have also worked in the farm during those days wey my parent b farmers. We Dey grow crops to eat and also sell so I can tell u it’s somewhat a large scale stuff.

I have worked in a cassava processing factory. Sometime I peel cassava for little doe or work in sieving cassava for someone that will fry it.

Brother don’t get yourself worried or depressed keep pushing, it’s just only rough but things go make sense. I applaud your effort not indulging in fraudulent act. All the best.!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by vikgreen01(m): 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
vikgreen01
Seems to me like you've set yourself up for a very successful llife. Success is not defined by the material things we posses. Don't quote me on this. I took the quote direct from the manufacturer of human beings and you'd agree He is best placed to know what success looks like. Hardwork, diligence and integrity will ensure you have food on the table twice a day, have a decent roof over your head and have a shirt on your back. Ultimately, that's all a human being needs. Everything else is the vainness of our ego driving us! I am proud of you. I hope you don't ever deviate no matter how rough things get.
I went to uni at 13. My parents were middle class with eight other kids to take care of in addition to numerous cousins and stary eyed kids they kept taking in. Life at uni was hard. All I had going for me was the blessing of an incredible mind and a determination never to give up. Today, I've got a roof over my head, can eat twice a day and have a shirt on my back. More importantly, I derive joy in "paying forward" the kindness I received from strangers as a kid. Everyting else is the vainness of our egos!

I came from a family of 7, average class with 5kids so I know what you passed through. Thank you for this piece and I won’t forget it.!!!
There are millions out there who has gone thru thin and tough. I just want to make sure the op doesn’t feel like he’s the only one in that situation. I had few friends whom we grew up that way Nd we will never give up.!!!

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2021
Day 85 in the wilderness

{down spiritually and physically}

kept waking up at intervals thanks to stomach pain and body aches. Finally decided to get out of bed(mat).

swept the church premises. Arranged and cleaned the chairs.

today will be a very long boring day

happy sunday

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
At the market, today is their market day(arigbajo ifo). Am nat here to sell goods neither am i here to buy things.

am here because i needed to make small change. By helping market women convey their market goods from the bought spot to the busstop or from busstop to their selling point.
Anonymous1900:
i use to be fair but now i'd be dragging complexion with baba suwe on set

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 22, 2021
Day 86

I just rang the bell.,

i forgive those that has ever offended me and i hope those that i have offended forgives me

Sleep is something i hardly get these days. The mosquitos will not stop singing, the mat upon which i lay is not comfy. But i thank god i have where i could hide my head

today the hustle continues

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Tired much, the sun is high here, anyways it made the car washing easy and smooth

i was given breakfast, very nice family. Yeah the mans daughter is pretty{but am broke and homeles plus i look like shiiit}, man just gast admire and move on

{pictures}the money i found in the car [ino listen to the devil o]. Small temptation na im dey make man lose im blessing

#ikantfitkarigun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
They have brought their daily contribution
these women want to sha get me in trouble.

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
Day 87

nothing really went down today. Blackout since on sunday., not that i need the light sef.

had prayer meeting from 10am-12pm.

a "baale" in the area died. RIP{i shouldnt be envying the dead}

had food around 4pm

another prayer session 6pm-7.30pm

grateful for shelter over my head might not be what i want but atleast am not out in the cold

i just hope the universe and God rewards my faithfulnes and the work of my hands

tomorrow will be better than today

#ikantfitkarigun

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Fabulouslouie(m): 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
zexy2030:
I have been here before too. One of the days I broke my knee, I stopped and started using my brain to hustle.. I had to motivate myself with these words every morning

"If you can't use your brain, your body will suffer."

"More money is given to those who use their brains than their bodies."

Since then, I stopped and looked inwards, then with the little I earned, started self development.

Don't worry this phase shall pass.

I stopped this work last year and learned about freelance writing... I know it's not much now but I'm better than last year.

After the freelance thing, I learned crypto

Rest is history...
Body work dey kill body

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Fabulouslouie(m): 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Candidlady:
Later your type will be the one forming levels!

smh

RP indeed

Wahala... Why the bitterness madam

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 24, 2021
Fabulouslouie:

Wahala... Why the bitterness madam
kindly ignore her

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
DAY 88

Same ol same ol... No job today.

got up around 6am, said my prayers, did the regular sweeping. Stil no light, today is the third day.

most shops are closed, guess it has to do with the passing away of their baale

god am pissed now, the assistant pastor requested for 2h naira gave him 5h only for him to return 250, saying he will pay me back on sunday{making 650 now}.

staring at the engine oil, tubes and brake oil, e dey do me like make i hawk am enter street.

a man with hope but no faith!

lord have mercy on me

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Day 89
tired, if only i could sleep and not wake up again
i need strength or maybe death is the only way out to peace and victory
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Carbonated: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
azraeljaheel:
DAY 88

Same ol same ol... No job today.

got up around 6am, said my prayers, did the regular sweeping. Stil no light, today is the third day.

most shops are closed, guess it has to do with the passing away of their baale

god am pissed now, the assistant pastor requested for 2h naira gave him 5h only for him to return 250, saying he will pay me back on sunday{making 650 now}.

staring at the engine oil, tubes and brake oil, e dey do me like make i hawk am enter street.

a man with hope but no faith!

lord have mercy on me

Hello are you on WhatsApp?
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Carbonated:

Hello are you on WhatsApp?

good afternoon

am currently not on whatsapp sir but you can send me a pm. Or reach me via the number on my signature
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 26, 2021
Cant sleep

cold, hunger, body ache, anger

am losing touch with reality, i find myself hissing every minute. I talk to myself now.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 26, 2021
DAY 90
things to get *andriod phone *complete payment for my drivers licence *get new wears *get a job at a school as a driver *get an apartment

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Pacing about in the church. The sun is high
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by PattyMike(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
azraeljaheel:

chief i can do with friends now! Thanks so much again
No family no foes no friends!

i find myself talking to myself atimes.

permit to pm you?

Omo sapa fit make man go mental. Nah small remain I for run mad that year asking why? Where did it go wrong? How can I change this? I go just dey talk to myself for road.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by tnerro1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
Bros just concentrate, work smart not hard. I used to do car wash in Benin then, but now I am doing fine. When I tell people now say no look me cause I wear suit, I go pull this suit now begin hustle for you, dem go think say na lie grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant / High Paying Skills You Need To Learn In Nigeria. / Oge Kate: EBSU Graduate Does Charcoal Business For For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.