Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) (63726 Views)

Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:53am On Dec 08, 2021
Guy I feel your pain...
I want to go homeless and go and hustle but I'm scared as shit.

Why not find the nearest car wash and wash at least 2 cars a day... Na 2k be that...

Omo I swear you dey try

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 2:03am On Dec 08, 2021
tnerro1:
Bros just concentrate, work smart not hard. I used to do car wash in Benin then, but now I am doing fine. When I tell people now say no look me cause I wear suit, I go pull this suit now begin hustle for you, dem go think say na lie grin

I dey reason this car wash for a minute.

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Guy I feel your pain...
I want to go homeless and go and hustle but I'm scared as shit.

Why not find the nearest car wash and wash at least 2 cars a day... Na 2k be that...

Omo I swear you dey try

chief location matters asper the carwash moreover na dry season we dey now, most individuals just dust their mobility.,

if you still with famz or have any! please this road nobi easy movement. I wish i had a familia i could run to... But Jah knows better!

{at the end we go all get the reward for our faithfulnes. If not on earth, e go b for heaven}

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
DAY 102

Today was fine sha... Regular chores and hustle, got to the market helped convey goods to designated area cheesy

got myself toothpaste, garri and bathing soap

and someone i helped carried "load" to her vehicle gifted me a top grin
Larry1960

{no strength to really document more today,. Just grateful for life} {my regrets! please god let it let me be}

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Panda7(m): 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
na buhari cause am sad,
no worry na still gym
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
DAY 103

{FLESH}

Weren't THEY there to help FLESH say NO to that tempting YES... Two they say is better than one but THEY let only FLESH decide.....

FLESH get the boots from father because FLESH and FAITH dont really agree much.

FAITH is a sterotype who only dwells with SPIRIT and SOUL... Even when FLESH needs FAITH, FAITH definately failed him..
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
DAY 104

today is just there nothing special!! Got this friend he should be around 12-15yrz old. From benue state, he really wants to learn how to read and write. Doing the best i can for him sha{very funny individual}

we worked on a - j, he wont stop asking me the difference between s and x {guy calm down, first crawl before you walk}

this whole town no atm point to even check my acct bal.. Money sent to me since thursday morning no alert, the lady at the pos stand sef don tire for my matats{god punish ecobank}<god forgive me na inside church i dey> grin

we will be having vigil today{i don tire}

6 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
DAY 106

Happy sunday from this part of the world

couldnt post yesterday nepa for here dont have joy.. The sun sef aint helping mattats

i must work on my yoruba just to prove to them this people say me sef belong

again yesterday was just there..{was happy sha say people no turn up for vigil}cheesy

am allowed to fall but God forbid i remain on the floor. Am allowed to have the thought of giving up, just that am not allowed to put it to action

miracle! is walking on this ocean of life and not drowning, hope without faith is useles. Stay positive, dont dwell in the past but hold on to something that elevates you

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
Sunday service we were taught forgiveness again!

forgiveness is deep, how can i forgive who i dont know. When they were homeless i was their shelter but now they treat me like a project{abandond buildings}

they couldnt walk i gave them my legs. Two head they say is better than one i gave them mine. Billions of humans are currently walking the earth and you still feel like you are all alone.

walked in the rain just so the umbrella will cover them real good. Went hungry so they'd be full. Was ready to give my life so they'd live.

FORGIVENESS easy to say. Pastor says FORGIVE THEM.

DEAR LORD IN A WORLD FULL OF HATE GIVE ME THE GRACE AND STRENGTH TO SHOW LOVE

5 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
To those on street. To those wey don waka sote their feet sore. To all those going to bed with an empty stomach with no hope of what to eat.

to those with no shelter like we, steady praying that night comes and goes quick, because they got no where to sleep.

i urge you to find strength in your weaknes. Find love in their hate, find peace in war, find life in death, find good in bad. Stay grinding, even when it feels impossible, say to yourself it is posible

do that dirty job as far it is legit. Drop pride pick up humility. Work hard but work smarter. When life throws that block at you, use it to build a wall.

couple of push up every morning just to strengthen the body soul and spirit. Keep your mind and thoughts guarded. Trust me so many sickening things will fly pas the mind. Do not noture it. Garbage in garbage out, dont let that evil thought have a dwelling place.

words cut deeper than knives but grow a tough skin because they wil surely talk.

stay focus! Believe! Work! Pray! Guard your reputation

10 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by EmmaJnr1: 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
azraeljaheel

what is ur qualifications bross? u can find a small job and manage then save a little and do something.

even if na teaching job with accommodation u fit manage add lesson join money go come up small, then u use d savings reason ur life well. Haba over 100 days of this kind hustle nobi am o. abeg

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 13, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
azraeljaheel

what is ur qualifications bross? u can find a small job and manage then save a little and do something.

even if na teaching job with accommodation u fit manage add lesson join money go come up small, then u use d savings reason ur life well. Haba over 100 days of this kind hustle nobi am o. abeg

good morning

i have really considered teaching but the pay is just terrible{make i no go take out frustration on them poor pupils}

pos spots they want sales girl{seems they trust girls more to handle their money}

block industry no vacancy

no carwash around this place

stupid hotel i went to use scope give me terms and conditions wey fit make a man run mad

thanks for your Concern
{i no at the end of this diary ama come out victorious}

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 13, 2021
DAY 107

50 push up a day chase the negative demons away!

theres this hen i need to kill. Not killing it for xmas neither am killing it cause i wanna sell it. The rubbish hen crows all the time. Demonic fowl

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by EmmaJnr1: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2021
azraeljaheel:

good morning

i have really considered teaching but the pay is just terrible{make i no go take out frustration on them poor pupils}

pos spots they want sales girl{seems they trust girls more to handle their money}

block industry no vacancy

no carwash around this place

stupid hotel i went to use scope give me terms and conditions wey fit make a man run mad

thanks for your Concern
{i no at the end of this diary ama come out victorious}
you can relocate Na...just add lesson to the teaching job and money go de smoil to hustle well. I saw one ad on nairaland where it is stated that a teacher is needed for 20k sal with accommodation. If u search well u can see another job with accommodation that pays more than the 20k on still nairaland. You are over 30 and u have done this for more than 3 months. I no support u at all....anyways everybody get him life to live....if u feel it's good for u and u will triumph at the end, fine... Na ur choice.... OK wish u well.

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
you can relocate Na...just add lesson to the teaching job and money go de smoil to hustle well. I saw one ad on nairaland where it is stated that a teacher is needed for 20k sal with accommodation. If u search well u can see another job with accommodation that pays more than the 20k on still nairaland. You are over 30 and u have done this for more than 3 months. I no support u at all....anyways everybody get him life to live....if u feel it's good for u and u will triumph at the end, fine... Na ur choice.... OK wish u well.

yeah of kos i can relocate... My current location is ifo... I dey tour job/section everyday.

i get engine oil i sell on the low. The market for this hood just dey do anyhow!

thanks again for your concern
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by EmmaJnr1: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2021
azraeljaheel:

yeah of kos i can relocate... My current location is ifo... I dey tour job/section everyday.

i get engine oil i sell on the low. The market for this hood just dey do anyhow!

thanks again for your concern

https://www.nairaland.com/6890484/teacher-needed-starting-school-accommodation

That's where I saw the 20k job...link up with them and ask if they can link u up with lessons. u fit from there search for hotel job that pays better even with daily feeding.. or look for another job. with the teaching job u can get a laptop, phone and learn One or two things online and hustle then pray....u didn't tell me ur qualifications make I know opportunities I fit push to u when I see any. Remember u must not follow my suggestions, it's still your choice to follow or not.

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6890484/teacher-needed-starting-school-accommodation

That's where I saw the 20k job...link up with them and ask if they can link u up with lessons. u fit from there search for hotel job that pays better even with daily feeding.. or look for another job. with the teaching job u can get a laptop, phone and learn One or two things online and hustle then pray....u didn't tell me ur qualifications make I know opportunities I fit push to u when I see any. Remember u must not follow my suggestions, it's still your choice to follow or not.

chief thanks i have gone through the link. I will ring them later in the afternoon when i top up

all your points are valid! Am trying to get my drivers licence!

my qualification:- school was something i didnt finish. But i got deep ideas on smoothies/juices/organic meals, basic ideas on computer
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by EmmaJnr1: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2021
azraeljaheel:

chief thanks i have gone through the link. I will ring them later in the afternoon when i top up

all your points are valid! Am trying to get my drivers licence!

my qualification:- school was something i didnt finish. But i got deep ideas on smoothies/juices/organic meals, basic ideas on computer

wish u success,

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
Solomon{the boy am teaching how to read and write} kept me company, i have a feeling he is been maltreated at home. Noticed some marks on his body.

he said his madam told him that she will open a shop for him and then he said "how i wan do shop when i no even fit read"? Dude really wanna learn.

she came around today again same dress. Had one of the shortest convo ever. I know i will still have to spill am not the pastor's kid and i will have to tell i sleep in the church not the house lol. Abi make i just bone any friendship now.

sun blazing hot, waiting till evening i have got this individual who i want to help wash his car{i go carry oil of 1500 gum body make the man buy

xmas is around the corner. Good health is all i hope for during this festive period for my friends and foes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
DAY 108

Just got back to the house. Something about today, i cant really place my finger on it.

today is their market day. Missed 10am prayer meeting{had it in my mind. God go understand}

yesterday evening was crazy, the man i went to his house to wash his car, paid me and invited me in for dinner. imagine poor man wey dem give rice and chicken dey chop remain couldnt even crack the bones of the chicken. E pain me sha

we eventually had that conversation. She is a grad, studied csc, she a muslim but not a regular mosque goer, zodiac sign cancer. Things got weird when she asked about my family{this is a part i hate to talk about cause after tellin the next thing they will ask is "and what are you doing here"?} so i lied. Tried as much as possible to avoid any TURKEY that concerns my past.

6pm is another prayer session and i cant wait for 8pm got an appointment cheesy

>Pictures< empty plastic water i picked for the refil engine oil

#ikantfitkarigun

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
1 corinthians 10:13

no temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
James 1:12-15

12 blessed is the man who endures temptation, for when he has been proved, he will receive the crown of life which the lord has promised to those who love him

13 let no one say when he is tempted "i am tempted by GOD"; for GOD cannot be tempted by evil nor does he himself tempt anyone.

14 but each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed

15 then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and sin when full-grown brings forth death

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 15, 2021

i like this person i am becoming but some others dont approve, i feel like i am getting smarter and more aware of what i do.

time heals all wound and reveals some true colours. Most friends we make in life aint as tight as sisters and brothers.

though in times of despair, we all thrive to be optimistic. Some hide their pains and struggles, while others choose to deal with it.

my life is a movie, critics everywhere sit and enjoy it. When the curtains close the truh is exposed behind the scenes.

lack of support from those i thought would ride for me. But it isnt my loss, i have seen many turn people away, from those they envy only because they just fear being replaced.

i do find it crazy being a target or the topic of discussions to get the excitement started in the heart of those who make me feel like i have been exploited

DAY 109
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 15, 2021

early morning brainstorming i cant sleep. Most times i wish i could turn back the hands of time but the pains just worsens

i'd only see my goals as a problem. When i get denied, i'd feel low and unworthy. I am try hard to keep my sanity like christains with bibles.

{rejection manifest when in desperation}

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2021
DAY 113

Happy sunday

really sad and angry with myself. I will create a new thread on what i went through from day 109-113

https://www.nairaland.com/6902294/devastated-helper-wants-get-intimate

how much is your soul worth?
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by ThatsONYI: 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
... smiley ...

Bro, I don't know what to say to you but encourage you just like you're doing in some of your posts.

I'm actually 19, served a man for 3 years, after going through hell mentally and physically. I had to make my move. I had and still have nothing but love. I worked in a Chinese company, honestly imagine being paid 85 naira a day. I trekked a long distance to work.

Got paid for that month, my cousin got in talk with my sis, I'm swashing with him now. Bro, I don't wanna talk about what I've been through at such a young age, I haven't seen my mom for years due to the "Nwaboi".

I can't even afford it, I bought an itel phone, I use it to make songs and post on YouTube. I don't even know how to describe how that feeling and pain right now. You're a strong man.

Let's keep grinding.

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
ThatsONYI:
... smiley ...

Bro, I don't know what to say to you but encourage you just like you're doing in some of your posts.

I'm actually 19, served a man for 3 years, after going through hell mentally and physically. I had to make my move. I had and still have nothing but love. I worked in a Chinese company, honestly imagine being paid 85 naira a day. I trekked a long distance to work.

Got paid for that month, my cousin got in talk with my sis, I'm swashing with him now. Bro, I don't wanna talk about what I've been through at such a young age, I haven't seen my mom for years due to the "Nwaboi".

I can't even afford it, I bought an itel phone, I use it to make songs and post on YouTube. I don't even know how to describe how that feeling and pain right now. You're a strong man.

Let's keep grinding.

it is not easy! My 2cent for you is guard your reputation with your last breath!

eventually with grace and work things will fall in place

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
Day 114

last night was useless i was banned and even the network was crappy{what you get for using a palasa}

got up this morning around 4am thanks to the cold. During this time of the year my ribs and joints tend to act funny{sharp pains around the ribs and you could hear my joints click}

did the regular chores. Had to wet the whole compound, the dust is killing i just pray i dont start coughing

hate the fact that now am the one people ask questions like "was there light today?" "did you see a particular person today?"

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
They graded the road on saturday.. Too much dust... You cant stay out for 5mins without dustina hugging you. All the bike guys be looking like they tinted their hair and brow

anyway thanks to the dust i made sharp 1500 plus a can trophy{dont judge me am drinking for my often infirmities <bible>}.
There is this bar along the road, close to the church. At times the owner comes to get water in the church.

i helped her wet the road, the deal was every 3hrs i'd wet it. Got the holes in the church around 12pm did the first spraying! Same thing around 3pm.. For my 6pm shift i had help from a boy who just really wants to play with the holes.

i already told her to pay me whatever her mind tells her. I had my mind on 5h. When she wanted to pay one of her customers told her not to bother he pulled out 1,500 gave it to me and ask me to take a drink. Gave my assistant 5h

11 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 21, 2021
Day 115

today is their market day. Swept the compound already but this harmattan is really messing me up. The fact i will have to bathe with cold water is another issue. i I really need to get calcuim and balm.

i will first have to get to the bank. Money sent to me still hasnt dropped. Banks and their wahala..

i pray for favour

mehn few days to xmas. Hmmm na wa o

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2021
Sitted by the fence, at night that is the only place you can get strong signal. Few stars, i think the moon is on vac today.

banks and their "after 3 working days" speech. Terrible customer service

the market was crowded. People are really preparing for xmas, but the weird thing is no xmas light anywhere. Grateful i didnt come across him

got to my abode around 5pm. Nobody came for evening service.

my mood is off tonight

ever told the truth and it didnt set you free?

need to get what to eat now. be like bathing wont sup tonight. Make i no go freeze

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 22, 2021
Sleep is far from the eyes! Had to walk round the compound. My head is all over the place. Really dont know if it is anxiety or am losing focus. Rather than worry why not make plans. But it feels like the plans seem to be my worries.

i had the same dream. Read the bible psalm 109.

am not alone, i think i been monitored
it is all in my head. Talking to myself is becoming a norm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.