Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) (63741 Views)

Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2021
Carbonated:

Hello are you on WhatsApp?
good afternoon
i sent you a pm
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
PattyMike:

Omo sapa fit make man go mental. Nah small remain I for run mad that year asking why? Where did it go wrong? How can I change this? I go just dey talk to myself for road.

lol i can so relate. While walking if am not talking to myself na so so hiss i go dey hiss

tnerro1:
Bros just concentrate, work smart not hard. I used to do car wash in Benin then, but now I am doing fine. When I tell people now say no look me cause I wear suit, I go pull this suit now begin hustle for you, dem go think say na lie grin

happy for you chief. Me i just hope the universe smiles on me
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Carbonated: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
azraeljaheel:

good afternoon

am currently not on whatsapp sir but you can send me a pm. Or reach me via the number on my signature

okay noted. I will reach you when i'm less busy okay.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 27, 2021
Day 91

made a list <reasons i need to leave and reasons why i shouldnt> quite unfortunate that, reason to leave outweighs why i shouldnt

a journey i wouldnt want to walk alone. Take the egoistic ones with me, it has nothing to do with envy, am just trying to cleanse the world. Or maybe take the faithful ones who are like me, for they deserve an island made out of paradise
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2021
Done my regular chores!

^i shall be the karma to their actions and inactions, to the faithful paradise to the unfaithful liberation^

for my mind shall be engineered in a way that happiness and joy will be found in what they see as bad and the guilt of being good shall engulf me, until a bad is done

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2021
Walking about just to distract my mind from this evil agenda
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by PattyMike(m): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2021
.:
Walking about just to distract my mind from this evil agenda

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2021
PattyMike:

Where u Dey? I’m around Sango ota right now make I try come block you before u bomb church o.

lmao

dude you just made me laugh omg

at ifo arigbajo

cant stop laughing
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Shout out to this chief pattymike

was really nice to have you around. Thanks for the gifts and meal.

family dont necessarily mean blood a total stranger could connect way deeper than family. Good bless you chief, may it be well with you and your family.

again joy full my belle to have someone to talk to

14 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by PattyMike(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
All good bruh, no problem. Just buzz me anytime u like bro. God go help us

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
DAY 92

{was finally able to charge the phone}

got out of bed early today, sunday things had to sweep the church premises and clean inside the church.. Chairs, drums, pulpit, arrange chairs, take my clothes to the back of the church etc.

service felt different today.. Sis maggi abi na maggret wouldnt stop staring at me.. Even christy sef dey look me funny..

not until after service when one of the brothers walked up to me and said "this your dress fine o" that was when it dawned on me say na my new dresscode those "wayray" dey look.

thanks to pattymike who came through, na one clothe i bin dey wear for like 12 sundays now cheesy

Although am not touching my hair yet maybe i'd go back to my "dada" sef

7 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 29, 2021
DAY 93

Woke up cold and tired.. But werin man go do?

same ol same ol... A new week, less than 28 days to xmas and 35 days to a new year! Hmmm what a year
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 29, 2021
DAY 92

things to get
*andriod phone
*complete payment for my drivers licence
*get new wears
*get a job at a school as a driver
*get an apartment

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mondays... Could it be the harmattan or what, everywhere is quiet and dry.,.

did my normal routine walk.. To scout for job and clear my head

got back, got two fufu from the buka{i think the girl there likes me}could it be because of my new dress

helped the mama that comes to the church to fetch water with the "fetching"{very jovial old lady} love the way she would fuse english when voicing about nigeria

waiting for 6pm to ring the bell and sweep again...

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by PattyMike(m): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Boss man. Long time we no see update hope all is well?
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
PattyMike:
Boss man. Long time we no see update hope all is well?

good evening boss man

na day 99 be dis.. Couldnt update because sickness bin tie me down.. I just got lil strength today! Na grace i use text you that happy new month text.. Hope your folks are good?

really appreciate.. Wrote somethings down i go update am soon

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
DAY 99

Sickness is a disease..{whatever that means}lol..

happy sunday to everyone... Body nobi firewood... Trust me stress will eat you up especially when you work and dont fuel your engine!!

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
FLESH

just take soul and spirit away.. I FLESH just wanna rest.. FLESH got his own beliefs but spirit and soul will always counter them!

the battle is much, how FLESH wrestles spirit and soul,. FLESH is exhausted from carrying spirit and soul... FLESH is about to try it again but spirit and soul keeps playing thug of war with FLESH

FLESH is on the outside, spirit and soul be chilling on the inside. Na me "FLESH" all eyes dey see.. FLESH will be the one to sleep in the cold,!

me FLESH needs the concrete to survive, but my siblings spirit and soul feeds only on the abstract. FLESH need foods and drugs when he is sick.. Spirit and soul dont run thesame diet with FLESH

whenever FLESH says yes THEY{spirit&soul} will always object. THEY think THEY know it all. FLESH was disconnected from the father because of his ancestors..

{FLESH tbc}

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
I really thought i was better{or even getting better}... The shivering, the throwing up, the stomach pain and the sharp pain around the ribs

for 99days this mat has been the barrier between me and the bare floor

am out of drugs. Meaning the white blood cells better try to keep the body alive till tommorrow. Because sickness or no sickness, anything that makes me see tommorrow, the hustle continues. I rather die while working than to give up the ghost in an idle state.

if na to hawk those engine oils. Door to door marketing i dont care

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
DAY 99
things to get *andriod phone *complete payment for my drivers licence *get new wears *get a job at a school as a driver *get an apartment

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
DAY 99
things to get *andriod phone *complete payment for my drivers licence *get new wears *get a job at a school as a driver *get an apartment

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by PattyMike(m): 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
azraeljaheel:

good evening boss man

na day 99 be dis.. Couldnt update because sickness bin tie me down.. I just got lil strength today! Na grace i use text you that happy new month text.. Hope your folks are good?

really appreciate.. Wrote somethings down i go update am soon

Wow. How body now?

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nezzjnr: 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
I pray you really succeed Bro
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by stacyadams: 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
zexy2030:
I have been here before too. One of the days I broke my knee, I stopped and started using my brain to hustle.. I had to motivate myself with these words every morning

"If you can't use your brain, your body will suffer."

"More money is given to those who use their brains than their bodies."

Since then, I stopped and looked inwards, then with the little I earned, started self development.

Don't worry this phase shall pass.

Word
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
PattyMike:

Wow. How body now?
thanks chief am fine now i guess
just stepped out now sef thanks to the noise outside the church premises
i go run update now

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
DAY 100

Today wont bore you with tales of hustle or how i nearly climbed high tension just to get back on my high horse lol

i did my normal chores which is keeping the church compound clean, did some clearing too then went back to bed.. Scratch that "went back to mat" lol

had breakfast around 11.42am then back to my water bed made outta leafs lol

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Had to step out of the compound because of the noise that wont let a man rest in peace around 5pm

funny story indeed.. Now the cause of the noise abi na quarel i go call am was because there was this dude in the area who was busted by his girlfriend at a hotel with another girl.

long story short the original girlfriend beat beat the fake girlfriend and her guy to stupor.. Even as i no get strength, laugh still no gree me think about my current health status.. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
DAY 101

things to get
*andriod phone
*complete payment for my drivers licence
*get new wears
*get a job at a school as a driver
*get an apartment

hustle 101

{learn to wake up early say your prayers do your chores then head out for hustle}

today is their market day.. Got home looking burnt thanks to the sun

till evening again tired af
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
%a tale of what i ate a particular day%

theres this mama that i always help to pick snails in the morning whenever am sweeping the compound..

crazy friday like that i went to bed hungry with no hope of what to smag the next day.

next day came ie saturday. Done with sweeping and collecting snails. Around 12pm still no hope of what to eat and i have got some slimy animals staring at me lol

then i remembered a program i use to see either on natgeo or discoveryFam {cant remember}. How the dude will survive in the jungle eating warm and bs

then i thought to myself "manchie na snails be this just crack the shell and chew" {hunger na bastard} lol.. Thank God i gave it a second thought. Cant imagine how crazy and slimy it wil feel in my mouth

tbc
Larry1960
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
Contd

The second idea was to crack the shell and roast the snail.. I had no salt talkless of alum. So i felt roasting them was going to reduce the whole "draw draw" feelings {i swear i felt wrong}

cracked the snails, poured them out in a plate i had., first wash, second wash, 4th, 5th, 7th omo this wayray no stop to dey "draw" o {when no be artist} cheesy.. Maybe na better roasting to do am..

wahala no matches to lit the pieces of dry woods and leafs i gathered.. Had to ask the lady opposite the church selling pepper if she could borrow me her matches..

the good woman gave me and told me i could keep it,. Now another wahala is how to lit the leafs.. Time was already around 3pm.. Baba don dey loose stamina lol
Larry1960
almost all the paper for church baba don use just to start fire {god forgive me even some pages for hymn book follow for the campaign}

tbc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
Contd

finally the fire started, placed a zinc that i have already drilled holes into with a nail on the fire

then dropped all the snails on the zinc.. Time was almost 5pm. Crazy waste of time, kept adding more woods, plastics, nylons and leafs to the fire because the water from the snails wont stop dripping

in total the snails where 9 and guess what i really roasted them or maybe i should say fire dried them..

got the 9 pieces into my makeshift plate., took out a broomstick gave it the shape of a skewer cheesy {talk about snail desert} cheesy
Larry1960
na so i finger the snails, drink better water like two gallons. Thank baba G for the meal of the day..
{man shall not live by bread alone}

and yeah even after the whole hellish roasting it stil felt like i was chewing okra and ewedu mixed together "draw draw" grin

the end

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 08, 2021
Sleepless night
my mind wont even lemme crash in peace
stepped out counting the stars
few days more to xmas
baba G please dont forget me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.