Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,264 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love (21244 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by DeRichard(m): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I prefer we take Jesus Christ seriously since He is after all the Word of God and our opinions are nothing but lies where the Truth of God is concerned. So when in Luke 20 vs 34 -36 He said that our marriage is of this world and not of His Kingdom, it is in our interest that we believe what He said rather than try to rationalize it in some way that diminishes His claim. After all the Kingdom belongs to Him and He knows best where it regards what belongs in it , and what does not. undecided

Jesus was explaining to some Sadducees about how men and women will be in heaven. They asked Jesus that who will be the husband of the woman in the after life since the same 7 brothers had her as wife (if you read from verse 27), and Jesus explained that in the world we are today men and women marry but in heaven there's nothing like marriage but every man and woman that makes it there will be as the angels of God.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by emmnprince(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Those are Paul's words, not God's. God's Word is Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ's instructions to all His followers is that regardless of marital status, they each love each one another just as He, Jesus Christ, loved them. undecided

That instruction was not meant for only husbands towards their wives. undecided

Funny enough, Paul's words are God's words because he was inspired to pen those words, especially areas that borders on godly living.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Ayo081(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Spirit of Truth, is Jesus Christ , and He will never reveal or speak any Truth that contradicts Jesus Christ. When you understand this, you will realize how very important it is to validate everything you hear and think against God's Truth, Jesus Christ, this as revealed to the world over 2000 years ago. undecided

Do you mean to say you don't count Paul as one with the spirit of truth? undecided

Or that he might not be speaking according to what the spirit told him? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Ayo081(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
emmnprince:

Funny enough, Paul's words are God's words because he was inspired to pen those words, especially areas that borders on godly living.
Absolutely!
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
DeRichard:
Jesus was explaining to some Sadducees about how men and women will be in heaven. They asked Jesus that who will be the husband of the woman in the after life since the same 7 brothers had her as wife (if you read from verse 27), and Jesus explained that in the world we are today men and women marry but in heaven there's nothing like marriage but every man and woman that makes it there will be as the angels of God.
sigh! undecided

So, you confirm then that as Jesus Christ clearly said, your marriages begin and end here on earth and so have nothing to do with the Kingdom of God? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayo081:
Do you mean to say you don't count Paul as one with the spirit of truth? undecided

Or that he might not be speaking according to what the spirit told him? undecided
I can't vouch for Paul, the man, since I never met him and he, like the other thousands before him is sleeping in his grave awaiting judgment like the rest of us. undecided

What I can speak of is what the Spirit of Truths says of what Paul's views as expressed in his epistles. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by emmnprince(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Bible(the book) never told you it is God's Word. The only one who laid claim to that title is Jesus Christ referring to Himself as the very Word out of God's own mouth. undecided

The view expressed in Ephesians is clearly indicated as that of Paul, not God or Jesus Christ. And submission as written of in Ephesians is actually from a curse God placed on man in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, the same curse Jesus Christ came to redeem those who will believe in Him from. undecided

Paul's view is not God's Word, instead you are meant to validate his claims against the Word of God, Jesus Christ - validate all opinions and views against the Truth of God Himself - the Word out of God's own mouth. undecided

1 Corinthians 14 vs 37 says it all.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
emmnprince:
All knowledge is inspired! Even the words of Satan as written of in scripture are all inspired. So be careful of the special meanings to attach to words. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Ayo081(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
As to what is stated in 2 Peter 1 vs 20 - 21, as quoted by you, am I to take it then that you also consider that which is written in scriptural texts such as the infact Gospel of Jesus, the Gospel of Jesus according to Barnabas, the apocalypse of John, the Gospel of Nicodemus, Bel and the dragon ... etc., -many of them not including in your current Bible today - as being of the Holy Spirit? undecided

Or is it only prophesy and scripture and of the Holy Spirit if currently included in the book you call your Bible? undecided

If some books were removed from the early Bibles, I believe God permitted that undecided

They didn't change the fact that Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. undecided

The ones available now wether from John, Mark , Luke or Paul didn't obscure the true message of Christ undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
emmnprince:
1 Corinthians 14 vs 37 says it all.
About what? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Ayo081(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I can't vouch for Paul, the man, since I never met him and he, like the other thousands before him is sleeping in his grave awaiting judgment like the rest of us. undecided

What I can speak of is what the Spirit of Truths says of what Paul's views as expressed in his epistles. undecided

You obviously don't believe in the power of the Holy Ghost and the event of the day of pentecost then undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by DeRichard(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
sigh! undecided

So, you confirm then that as Jesus Christ clearly said, your marriages begin and end here on earth and so have nothing to do with the Kingdom of God? undecided

Okay, let's look at it from this perspective. God created marriage, he said the man and the woman shall become one flesh, from the days of Abraham he had his hands in the marriage of the people who trusted in him, he blessed them with the fruit of child/children. That's why I believe if one wants a perfect marriage it has to be rooted in God.

Meanwhile, Jesus was just saying there's not going to be marriage of man and woman in heaven not that he doesn't have hands in the marriages of people that seek him truly here on earth.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hathor5:

I can't ask her. She hasn't explained.

For me the difference is clear. I can show up the best I can but I can still formulate conditions under which I will do that, e.g. faithfulness.

Christianity, Islam, Buddism, Ifa worshippers etc. already have a set of principles expected from their followers.

Using Christianity as an example, adultery is a sin (sex outside marriage) so ideally, a Christian husband or wife shouldn't commit adultery. Same with lying, stealing, abuse of all forms, jealousy, laziness etc etc etc.

Therefore, if you are marrying someone of a particular sect, there are already expectations which I assume you call conditions.

@unconditional love: I don't think there can be unconditional love else we would 'fall in love' with anyone. I am more of strategically selecting your mate and giving them your all thereafter.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayo081:
If some books were removed from the early Bibles, I believe God permitted that undecided

They didn't change the fact that Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. undecided

The ones available now wether from John, Mark , Luke or Paul didn't obscure the true message of Christ undecided
God permitted this or men deliberated and decided this of their own? So are the decisions of men now of God? undecided

I believe you need to become more informed about the history of scripture and that which you call your Bible today in order to get a better understanding of why your first statement somehow brings God under men. For more than 1000 years, what was known as scripture was more than just the 99 books in your Bible today. Did God change His mind or did man? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayo081:
You obviously don't believe in the power of the Holy Ghost and the event of the day of pentecost then undecided
I don't believe in the power of the Holy Ghost and what is written to have happened on the day of Pentecost, why? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Ayo081(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God permitted this or men deliberated and decided this of their own? So are the decisions of men now of God? undecided

I believe you need to become more informed about the history of scripture and that which you call your Bible today in order to get a better understanding of why your first statement somehow brings God under men. For more than 1000 years, what was known as scripture was more than just the 99 books in your Bible today. Did God change His mind or did man? undecided

He definitely didn't change undecided

I ask again, does it obscure the message of Christ?

God is not under man. He isn't.

If I decide to do anything today, it still depends on if God will permit me.

God permitted many false prophets today. If they're are no false people, how will you believe Mathew 7? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Ayo081(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't believe in the power of the Holy Ghost and what is written to have happened on the day of Pentecost, why? undecided

Why?

Because you would believe the disciples received power and will result in you believing their letters to the early gatherings.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
LordReed:

No its conditional, I have to believe or else I go to hell.

You don't escape hell because God loves you; you escape hell because you love God and do His will.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by bukatyne(f): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Iyaebe:
It fades my dear,people in an abusive marriage will tell better

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
DeRichard:
Okay, let's look at it from this perspective. God created marriage, he said the man and the woman shall become one flesh, from the days of Abraham he had his hands in the marriage of the people who trusted in him, he blessed them with the fruit of child/children. That's why I believe if one wants a perfect marriage it has to be rooted in God.

Meanwhile, Jesus was just saying there's not going to be marriage of man and woman in heaven not that he doesn't have hands in the marriages of people that seek him truly here on earth.
You need to stop trying to make scripture ,even Jesus Christ, say what you want Him to say. Instead, let Him speak His Truth to you.... that way you can infact be a Hearer of His Word to you. undecided

You can't truly be a follower of the Truth if His very Words seem to offend you, right? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by LordReed(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
bukatyne:

You don't escape hell because God loves you.

Yeah you escape because you meet a condition.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah you escape because you meet a condition.

I have edited my post.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by charlsecy(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
linearity:
Only God is capable of loving unconditionally.
ogawisdom:
Only God can love unconditionally
How?
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayo081:
He definitely didn't change undecided
I ask again, does it obscure the message of Christ?
God is not under man. He isn't.
If I decide to do anything today, it still depends on if God will permit me.
God permitted many false prophets today. If they're are no false people, how will you believe Mathew 7? undecided
We were just moments ago considering how own of the entries in Paul's letters obscures the Truth as given by Jesus Christ and here you are asking me this? undecided

That God permits a thing does then mean it is of God, does it? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by DeRichard(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You need to stop trying to make scripture ,even Jesus Christ, say what you want Him to say. Instead, let Him speak His Truth to you.... that way you can infact be a Hearer of His Word to you. undecided

You can't truly be a follower of the Truth if His very Words seem to offend you, right? undecided

His words only offend people who are not willing to accept him as Lord and saviour.

I don't see how I'm making the scriptures here. My basic point is if someone wants a good marriage it should be deeply rooted in Christ and that's a biblical fact.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by emmnprince(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All knowledge is inspired! Even the words of Satan as written of in scripture are all inspired. So be careful of the special meanings to attach to words. undecided

You tried to marry all written words in the Scripture as inspired. But doesn't work that way.

Words of Satan written of in the Scripture aren't inspired. The authors are the ones inspired. This might look unclear to you. But that's how inspiration is.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by bukatyne(f): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
truthsayer009:

Okay but you are not being realistic sorry, let's just agree to disagree.

I have to be in a very high level of selective ignorance for me to admit that I love my family the same way I love my friends. I mean I can die for my family, but i can never die for any of my friends talk less of nonsense neighbors.

The last line of my post says:

The passage I quoted applies to my family, neighbors, friends etc. within the scope of my relationship/role with them.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by emmnprince(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
About what? undecided

When you read it you will know what it says.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by kunlesehan(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Love is blind but marriage is an eye-opener
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by bukatyne(f): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Love, the brain-chemical induced feeling, fades over time but love, the desire, we can hold on to for as long as we want to. undecided

@bold:

What I was referring to.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by LordReed(m): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
bukatyne:

I have edited my post.

Answer still stands.
Re: Marriage Is Not About Unconditional Love by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ayo081:
Why?
Because you would believe the disciples received power and will result in you believing their letters to the early gatherings.
You are wrong! Receiving the power of the Spirit of God will never elevate elevate the mightiest of us all to the status of Jesus Christ, the only one we are called to believe and trust and Obey. undecided

All the disciples are waiting in their graves for Jesus Christ to raise them and judge their works. So why do you believe you are right to put your trust in even that written in their letters? undecided

Jesus Christ, the one who gave them the Spirit of God, decreed that He alone is Head, Teacher, Master...Over each one who belongs to Him so why do you set His servants instead as god Over you in anyway? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter / What Do Men Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.