Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54906 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Felabrity: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Help is what you will do if you can't face them

Travel out
1. Write a letter explaining the reason why
2. Withdraw your funds
3. Travel out
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by seyz91(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2021
okay so what the Bleep is hard in canceling a hell union called wedding
Richy4:

It is real.. the guy has been beating her since February...She created a thread about it... She refused to listen to voice of reason... I guess she was enjoying the beating sad

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by walesho(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Broken relationship is better than broken home or broken marriage
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by addexx: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

I beg you in the name of MANCHESTER UNITED, DON'T MARRY HIM. YOU'LL GET TRASHED.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by NekkyCee(f): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Babe! You still have the chance to determine your future. Do not make a regrettable decision because of family or external influence.
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Richy4(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2021
seyz91:
okay so what the Bleep is hard in canceling a hell union called wedding

Mrs... She wants to be Addressed as Mrs... grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by topiiiiiiii(f): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

if this story is true then sorry ma you are senseless.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by IamRunk(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Think about your future.
Happiness is Free
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by cedricksly: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

you can't stand the shame of calling a potential abusive marriage off... Na your burial you dey prepare for.... I hope you are aware that divorce is often considered mutual from both parties before it can be honoured, except u get better money to establish case....... There is a local adage that goes like this.. "Person wen no want make them laugh am, them go cry for am"
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by rahztafari(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2021
This is very funny.

You can't call off the marriage, then, enjoy the beating. Happy Wedded Life dear.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by adedayourt(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Read through your words at first i walk away trying not to say a word as far as relationships is concerned. I fought the urge to keep quiet but take these few words from me.

There should be peace in your heart going into a marriage, I was not experiencing that peace so I called off my 4yrs relationship with my weeding remaining just 4weeks away.

Yes, I took the backlash with grace and I am still even trying to inform people its been called off.

Most importantly is my peace of mind.

You should not consider divorce, it ll be a worse situation than this should you do.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Tohsynetita1: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

just announce that it has been postponed to further notice, simple
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by seyz91(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Bleep that shit

who mrs epp?

you see some people sha are just so annoying
who title epp?

undecided
Richy4:

Mrs... She wants to be Addressed as Mrs... grin

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Analyst7: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Sometimes I don't know why ppl talk like mumu sometimes, shey uno sabbi say e dey like this when u were dating
Beating one's partner is an almighty red flag
Common sense suppose tell u make u call it off sef before bringing it here
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by TheGreatOne90: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Don't do it dear. See, some of our parents are really not good enough. They really don't understand there responsibility. They are forcing you into this union, just to brag to there friends that there daughter is married. Most of there decisions are not really geared towards making you happy. They are more interested in how the occasion went and what people have to say. If your not sure of that man, be bold enough to cancel the marriage. If you think your getting old and needs a child. You can adopt one, if you don't want to have a child out of wedlock. It's all about what makes you happy dear.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by hahn(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

What stupid shame?

The shame of a marriage that never happened or the shame of living with someone who beats you up and doesn't respect you?

Is that the kind of environment you want your kids to grow up in?

Can you stand the shame of having your neighbors settling your fights every time?

Can you stand the shame of visiting the hospital knowing your husband put you there?

Well, no one feels shame when they are dead especially when they die in the hands of someone they love undecided

Please use your head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by EmperorTolson: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I know you'll not listen to all the advice given to you and your excuse will be "we've resolved it".
The other time that your so called fiance beat you blue, black that you're begging him not to kill you.
You came here and you're adviced to leave him but did not listen. Now wedding date has been picked and you still have chance now.
But I know you'll not listen until you're trapped and later forced to divorce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by TheOrakle: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Please I am pleading with you...DO NOT GET MARRIED.....Divorce is not easy in NIgeria, it can sometimes take years.....and then,once you get married, your slavery is legallised.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Wannabenz: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Don't go ahead with the marriage,come I'll marry you by December.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Should we call this stupidity or what You are not happy with your spouse yet you want to do wedding, na until the man use punch destroy your eyeballs before you go use your brain
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Truvelisback(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
The Beast Incarnate.. grin
Who?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Yes you can call off the wedding.

It's better to have called it off than going ahead and trying to get a divorce afterwards.

Divorces are not straught forward as we think.

What led to the beatings and other complaints though?

Have you guys gone for counselling?

If you are afraid of him , please call it off. Discuss with your folks today. Let them do the needful on your behalf.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Bigpapi: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Catapult fire u
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by brightalo1010: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Until you tell us reasons why you boldly said you can't call off the wedding then I can advise because shame alone can't be the reason one should enter into a bad marriage, shame
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Missyajoke(f): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
This woman you don't love yourself at all, person they beat you you dey ask us for advice when you don already make up your mind to marry the guy. I pity you sister RIP in advance to you

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by mediainc: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Grown men don't change so easy, and you already are not happy, and kind of dislike him for the past beatings...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by jaxxy(m): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I honestly don’t know what’s hard it calling Smtn off and let everything crash and burn. undecided they Sky won’t fall. I will end any sham as quick as lightning and I won’t look at uche’s face. I don’t care who’s involved or what been spent.

If it will save a greater calamity already coming ahead. A broken relationship is far better than a broken marriage.

Bt it’s always better to avoid being in such a tight spot. Hence always make good decisions at each step.

U dated this man for a while so why didn’t u end the relationship since? It shows u also don’t have a mind of ur own. If not u wudnt be in this position.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by jerrybabasam: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2021
If you don't call off the wedding now, the next we will hear from people's posts on you will be ... May her soul rest in ...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by AfroKnight: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2021
She won’t listen
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kajaard: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I just checked your profile. This domestic violence has been going on for a very longtime.

You don't have a brain of your own? Are you so daft? Is his dick so big and the sex so good that you are willing to die? Or is it because of his money?

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by deavicky(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

why am I having the feeling that someone has seen a new boyfriend and she is now comparing the two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids / Mother-of-four Battered By Her Husband After He Took Another Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.