Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54562 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by macho44(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

If He Beats U, Beat Him Back after all, shebi ur name na Warrior14, pls act like a Warrior grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Acidosis(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2021
lomprico:

no mind all these ladies that really don't know what they want. he beat u up twice and when he proposed you said yes, and she is saying she can't call of the wedding but is planning for a divorce. Ha! undecided

According to the other story in one of her threads, the dude never proposed.

The first time she got beaten, it was so bad that she got a swollen face.

Another thing is that they're cohabiting, which means this lady is technically married.

Many people never got the chance to know the man or woman they were getting married to. But God has shown the OP a bit of what she needs to know and she's been adamant.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by ORIAYO70(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

You r ready for divorce even yet u r not married .

He is this
He is that

So u can't walk away until u put ur family to shame

Your shame dey shame me.

Let him kill u first
Low self esteem woman

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Bowwow11(m): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce. Devorce u said a then become a single mother? When u av the opportunity to cancel the wedding and bear the shame for a little while and then be happy for the rest of ur life, most ladies just don't know what they want in life

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by millionboi(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Bola146:
Don't ever risk it,he will never change!!!!!! Na by force ni? Let your parents know now. It's better to be alive single than be dead untimely because of marriage undecided undecided
have u died before, how do you know is better to be alive?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by nwaimoroseyaho: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Yes you can. Never too late to walk away. Don't say nobody told you.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by NickD(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. You're the one entering the marriage and will suffer the consequences if you go in feeling this way.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ayo081(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2021
What is this biko? undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by walcolm(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2021
you better call off the wedding...its a lot worse and messier calling off a marriage
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by DanielAlhassan(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2021
Is either you call it off now or you get married and continue receiving the beating anyway the choice is yours but if I were you I will call for divorce or whatever

My dear marriage is to be enjoyed not to endure pain and beating

Go to your parents and explain to them and then the family of your husband

Praying for you
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Sterope(f): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2021
@Warrior14

You or evil. You chose evil (your guy)

Yourself or the society. You are choosing the society above yourself again.

If you can't face your family, explain to them via text. Call off the wedding. Find a good friend or someone you trust. Disconnect your phone and rest. Take a well deserved break.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by wunmi590(m): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Grandmeister:

Even to beat the girl you're dating or courting is wrong. I guess the major reason OP is sticking to the man is because of money. That is one aspect she didn't complain about in her write up. There are loving and supportive men but they usually go for the one with a better house and car..women today are terrible at choosing a good mate.

You are right about the bolded part, because she has been living with him for some times now...

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by ayobaye(m): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

YOU BETTER OPT OUT FROM THE UNEQUAL YOKE. IT IS NOT TOO LATE NOW. YOU CLAIMED THAT HE BEATS YOU, HE WON'T STOP DON'T BE DECEIVED. MY LITTLE ADVICE THOUGH.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Spherical77(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2021
Who knows maybe she enjoys the beating? The beating might be a pleasure to her, do you know?

Or maybe the Monster guy derived pleasure while beating her. The beating makes him hard and possibly cum
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by AfriNotesNEWS: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2021
Well the attitude of the man in question seems bad, but why are you seeing it now,

In as much no time is late, you should have seen all this far long, but hvn you seen and ignore it and now want to quit, come to talk of it, am sure your money is not involved on the coming wedding plans. is only the guy's money wey involve ni.

Good luck
Warrior14:

Na success me and NairaLEARN Team dey wish u
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ynix(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2021
Uguruzik:
Your advice sucks, why not say cancel the wedding now? Why on the day of the wedding? Na was oo
At times some people are too bad that their ego must be brushed, so that he doesn't marry another lady and start beating her. That will be a lesson or she goes on to the wedding and tell the pastor during the oaths, can you please present another man who will not beat me to death.
If it is the area of money spent, the previous beating should be paid for then
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by calebseun2015(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2021
To be sincere you do need help, I just clicked your name and saw your former post where you complained about the man beating you.

The same man that you complained bitterly about in the post and you said nothing in you prays for him is the person you are still planning wedding with.

If you are a Christian, go and read 1 Corinthians 13 to know the meaning of love.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by temiprinciple(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2021
. Didn't you see all these before you both pick date?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by othenok(f): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2021
No need advising someone that has no value for herself. Only God can help her. She has accepted the lie that she doesn't deserve better. Low self confidence has destroyed her

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Winters23: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2021
macho44:

If He Beats U, Beat Him Back after all, shebi ur name na Warrior14, pls act like a Warrior grin

grin

I was in this situation 4yrs ago, date fixed and all, wife to be and her family decided to catch cruise on me I was like wtf...

I simply called it off

Can't come and kill myself on top my own money

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by alphaNomega: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

There is nothing we would tell you here that is going to change your mind. I wish you good luck in your marriage.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Unclesamo(m): 11:33am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

R.I.P in advance dear

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by graciamore(f): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce. You should think twice before saying I do, this description sooo fit the father mlof my kids, almost taught he is the getting marrie

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Afrikween(f): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You’re an idiot..... at this time and age you’re still yet to have sense.
So without someone telling you, common sense is it not for you to call it off? Nawa for people o
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Come to think of it. What if you don't ever have the chance devorce him? You already know what you are getting into so don't blame anyone tomorrow.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kakamorufu(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2021
NA the man dey feed your faMILY undecided

and you call yourself a warrior grin grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by graciamore(f): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2021
You should think twice before saying I do, this description sooo fit the father of my kids, almost taught he is the getting married
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2021
Acidosis:
I pity you. You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding? I hope you will be able to stand the 'shame' and pain of divorce after 3 kids?

All your threads so far on Nairaland are about this same monster that wants to kill you, yet you decided to plan your future with him. What do we call this now? Zero/dead self-esteem? Desperation? Abi na strong d**k wan make you sign your death certificate?
I think it's the power of his 3rd leg that's confusing her. How can she not know that she's going into deep shit marrying such a man? Except she's paying for her sins.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by ussv: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2021
Please and please, call off the wedding for your life sake, forget whatever material things or money you think you may gain from him and call it off. At the end of the day, all that money will not buy you the coveted happiness you deserve and frustration and depression will get a hold of you eventually. Him showing you who he is , is God`s doing. God is warning you already to run away. Most girls are not as lucky as you are, at least you are getting a preview of your future husband. Most people don`t get previews, they only get surprises after marriage. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
Hieeeh! You are trapped already and you know it; what's remaining is for you to unknot yourself and run if your life is dear to you. Chaaii!!!
instead she wants to further fortify her entrapment with a wedding.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kajaard: 11:42am On Oct 25, 2021
Klass99:
The OP hasn't even engaged back since her first post. I doubt this person really wants help or good counsel.

But, it's a sensational story - enough to generate traffic so....

Are you sure the fiance has not given her serious beating, seized her phone and locked her up since she made the post? undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Qatar2022: 11:43am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

GOD and get married you greedy fellow

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price) / Victor Ayorinde Missing: Who Has Seen Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.