Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54560 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Klass99(f): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2021

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Afamcy: 10:55am On Oct 25, 2021
Ye de mumu well well...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by zedegit: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2021
Ynix:

Cancel the wedding for your life sake. On the day of the wedding travel to a friend's place and stay, or call off the wedding mentioning the area of being beaten. If it is true then you are going into self murder

If she calls it off now, will there be a wedding?

Put yourself in the man's shoes and know how you will feel if your bride calls off the wedding on the D- day. It can lead to depression.

It's better she gets out of Nairaland and call it off NOW if she must.

Las las they might even convince her that he'll change but that's a BIG lie.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by KosyJerry(m): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2021
RUN NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.. YOUR HAPPINESS MATTERS AND DONT DISPLEASE YOURSELF, TO PLEASE OTHERS.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by olasquare: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2021
Shame is far better than the grave.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by NtiObaEneke(f): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

https://www.nairaland.com/6409718/domestic-violence-survivor

You are not serious.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by bonnyhope: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2021
It is wrong of him to lay his hand on you.

Another side of it, examine yourself

What's that thing you will always do that warrant this beating
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Valuc: 11:01am On Oct 25, 2021
Why am I having this feeling that after eaten the man money which made you endure all his tantrums... You are now afraid of commitment.... Anyway .. you better find somewhere and hid else you might just be caged against your will for long that's if not forever
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by abadiru: 11:02am On Oct 25, 2021
That will be life bondage for you because you don't want to cutoff a union you already regretting before entering it.
It's not too late to cutoff such relationship unless you are in for biggest risk of your life that may result to death if care is not taken.
Follow you mind to quit such relationship now and let everybody with contrary view go to hell.
It's better to be a single than married to wrong person. Be in a wrong relationship is like be in hell on earth.
I'm re oooo
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Acidosis(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Brother man, hold on a little. Have you asked why she had stayed with the "bad man" for so long now and still went ahead to fix the date of their wedding? Wedding is a process which must have started from the villages long time ago but it is not until few weeks to the wedding that she is realizing that she is getting married to a monster. She is not ready to tell us the whole story yet.

There's more to the story. Sadly, she seems uninterested in getting help.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Kobicove(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2021
You need to abort this mission
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by PDinteriors(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2021
Then don’t do it
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2021
omoharry:
ouch!! that was harsh.Try and advice her with love a little na!

That's what I would say to a sister or anyone I care about o. It is too late to sugarcoat anything.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by olowo1930: 11:04am On Oct 25, 2021
Marriage is met to be enjoying but enduring. When a man beats you, during courtship their is tendency that he will kill you during marriage. To me untimely death is certained , kindly call it off and pray for better man rather than turning your body to punching bags.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by lomprico(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

who said 'yes' on your behalf?

is he rich?

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by adebwalex(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Pls how can I locate you so as to give you fire slaaaaaap not hot slaaaaap oooo so that your brain go reset well to think properly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Florenzo222(f): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2021
babe am advising u like a sister, cancel that marriage to avoid had i known
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by TeraHawks: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2021
As you cant stand common shame of calling off wedding; then you must be able and willing to stand the shame of being battered and divorced with young children to cater for.

A woman calling off a wedding is not shameful by any standard. Please do the needful and ruuuuuun. If its family pressure, tell them to marry him themselves; you are not a sacrificial lamb.

quote author=Warrior14 post=107031934]I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy

[/quote]
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2021
I dunno how you people do it but I can never marry a man that beats me. You want to carry on with the wedding to impress your friends and family so that the society will see you as a married woman whereas you are dying inside.

I reject such for you...

Cancel that wedding, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Please talk to your parents about it and insist on it and give them logical reasons, let them know this is your life
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by edunaragold(f): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Is she the one.
My New Girlfriend Went Back To Her Abusive Ex Boyfriend by 22o62021: 7:48am
We bonded so well together, she is an NYSC member. She told me that she has a boyfriend but she has called off their relationship because the guy has beaten her twice. The first time , the guy did it in front of his mother to the extent that she lost a tooth. And spent days in the hospital

The second time the guy slapped her because she told him that he comes home late.
She said the guy is a serial cheat, she has caught him on different occasions.

They dated for 6 years. But the guy will not accept the break up. Their families knows each other.

I have her the love she deserved, pampered her so well. I told her that I know she will go back to the guy one day, she said nooo I can’t do that.

One week after I said that to her. The guy was calling and pleading. She stopped picking my calls. I stopped calling her.

I sent her a text to know what is going on. She said it’s not what I think.

I said fine. I deleted her numbers and move on.

This is to say that most girls are confused.
I think they prefer abusive men but on the internet They rebuke them.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by lomprico(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Acidosis:
I pity you. You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding? I hope you will be able to stand the 'shame' and pain of divorce after 3 kids?

All your threads so far on Nairaland are about this same monster that wants to kill you, yet you decided to plan your future with him. What do we call this now? Zero/dead self-esteem? Desperation? Abi na strong d**k wan make you sign your death certificate?

no mind all these ladies that really don't know what they want. he beat u up twice and when he proposed you said yes, and she is saying she can't call of the wedding but is planning for a divorce. Ha! undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Daniluv1(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
In all these she has mentioned I think she hasn't mentioned other benefits that she gets from this same man

Or maybe he might be a wealthy man, guy or nigga

And that's why she's finding it hard to decide whether to call off the wedding or not because of the fear of she might not find another wealthy guy or man like him

I Know women fully well na

Like they say there is no smoke without fire and vice versa

Cause I see not even 1% reason of why she's finding it difficult to call off this suicidal mission if she actually doesn't have other things she feels is more important in that relationship than this death trap she's going into

Cause it's obvious she doesn't even love him first of all

Case closed

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Jacku: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

i want to empathize with you first and then see from your perspective, of which I feel most people.commenting aren't doing.

What I feel you should.first is speak to your mom or Dad(any of them you have a closer bond with), hear what your parent has to say first then that would help you decide. Then let this parent act on your behalf by calling it off. Sometimes, we aren't strong enough to.take some rash decisions and we need someone to help us in that regard. Good luck shawty.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Teerach: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2021
I feel there's more to the story.
But my one cent is this. Whether he financed you and your entire family, you don't owe a man that's capable of murder such commitment as marriage. Don't feel guilty bout anything. Take the bull by the horns and call the wedding off. No one deserves to be beaten blue black when they've not posed as a threat to our life or when they're not a thief
Except of cos you threatened with him a knife bla bla bla.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by lomprico(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Florenzo222:
babe am advising u like a sister, cancel that marriage to avoid had i known

she will not, she wan oppress her unmarried friends.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by naijachix(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2021
you are a fool. you're not ashamed to come here and tell us this nonsense but you are ashamed to call off a wedding you already know won't work. shame on you!!!!!!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by BluelightHotel: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Better call it off now or regret the rest of your life.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by umykal: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

A broken engagement is better than a broken marriage.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by omoalaafin: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2021
Don't go ahead. Call it off. If not, you may regret it forever and ever.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Daniluv1(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Teerach:
I feel there's more to the story.
But my one cent is this. Whether he financed you and your entire family, you don't owe a man that's capable of murder such commitment as marriage. Don't feel guilty bout anything. Take the bull by the horns and call the wedding off. No one deserves to be beaten blue black when they've not posed as a threat to our life or when they're not a thief
Except of cos you threatened with him a knife bla bla bla.

Gbam exactly my point

You are a wise man

Exactly what I was explaining in my comment
It's obvious there are some financial benefits attached to all these

Fear women

She actually values those financial benefits than her life and happiness
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Truvelisback(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Lol..
I thought you are a WWE Fan..
My Bad.. grin
I'm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price) / Victor Ayorinde Missing: Who Has Seen Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.