Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria (5987 Views)

WHY IGBOS MAY NEVER LEAVE LAGOS.( MY OPINION) / Why The Igbos May Never Progress In Politics With Their Bitter Style Of Politics / 2023: Why Igbos May Never Produce President Of Nigeria – Bishop Azubuike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
There had been serious bitterness between the Igbos and the Ijaws in a deeper looking, I figured out that the Ijaws are the closest related tribe to us.

When we keep trading the war rhetoric, it could all end up dangerously and I don't see the need for us to resort to hurting ourselves, personally some of my best friends and advisers are Ijaws.

In the olden days, the Ijaws loved marrying Igbo women and more than every other tribe the Ijaws as a result of earlier contact to the British kidnapped and sold Igbos into slavery at other times they had enculturated many other Igbos.

The reality here is that honestly if we don't get on in an agreeable ways despite our connections things can escalate.

We should remember that The English are also Germanic but the two nations of UK and Germany would fight the world wars at opposing sides. Igbo and Ijaws maybe related but if not well managed can escalate.

There are three options for Igbos and Ijaw post Nigeria either we all join together in Biafra, we all join together in Niger Delta Republic, whichever country we chose being purely autonomous or we shall both form separate countries while deciding on how to deal with common interest.

Opobo and Bonny, could both be independent city state while Opobo can be Igbo pritectorate, Bonny can be Ijaw Protectorate but if we love these common interest grounds so much we can both forget our pride and form a country together with ensured autonomy or continue staying in Nigeria together.

I believe in Confederate States of AlaIgbo also Igbo Province of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by BigSarah(f): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nigeria is going nowhere, there's no formidable agitation

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
BigSarah:
Nigeria is going nowhere, there's no formidable agitation
I personally prefer Nigeria everything needed for greatness is here, however a little autonomy would be appreciated but I prefer the unitary system to Regional governments, regional governments is grossly volatile, confrontational and does not take accounts of minority plights

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by sageb: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Tutudesz, come and see your unknown "�man that claims to use an aircraft carrier to fight Ijaws. Another story today.
Delusion of grandeur
So hilarious
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
sageb:
Tutudesz, come and see your unknown "�man that claims to use an aircraft carrier to fight Ijaws. Another story today.
Delusion of grandeur
So hilarious
When you have compassion it does not make you weak, human life is precious, whether it is Ijaw life or Igbo life we don't have to resort to spilling blood when peace is an option, I honestly don't see the need for going confrontational but if it is what you prefer, then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by bomb24: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
God this ipob dunce again! why do u like posting trash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
sageb:
Delusion of grandeur
So hilarious
My brother I don tire for this guy matter O! Everyday Ijaw this Ijaw that undecided Honestly Alexbells na small pikin, so don't take him serioiously

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

My brother I don tire for this guy matter O! Everyday Ijaw this Ijaw that undecided Honestly Alexbells na small pikin, so don't take him serioiously
I would honestly wish to engage your young minds, on how to move the region foward but if all you see is a small boy, I thank God for blessings of youth for youth itself is a very slight privilege of time, the child is the father of the man, this is our generation and if all you could trade is ego,

I'm sorry but when the chips are down I tried but we keep praying to God to preserve us, I have no shame, that's the different between people, I can't make decisions that I see dangers ahead, and not try the least costly options, but take note there is a thin line between a humanist and the devil himself
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
bomb24:
God this ipob dunce again! why do u like posting trash.
People who can see far could already see me in 3 years from today and in 9 years from today and God willing, much more, before I became brutal I was a man who believed we can all pause and think before we slid to that point of no return, leave IPOB out of this
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

People who can see far could already see me in 3 years from today and in 9 years from today and God willing, much more, before I became brutal I was a man who believed we can all pause and think before we slid to that point of no return, leave IPOB out of this
Leave Ijaws out of Biafra... Please.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

Leave Ijaws out of Biafra... Please.
I'm not saying Ijaws MUST be in Biafra but how do we settle common ground, because We shall mount the Flag of AlaIgbo in Bonny and Opobo and if they mount the Flag of Izon nation there, it would eventually go down to chaos and the bigger losers shall be the indigenous Opobo and Bonny people, so these are crucial areas of concern
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

I'm not saying Ijaws MUST be in Biafra but how do we settle common ground, because We shall not the Flag of AlaIgbo in Bonny and Opobo and if the mount the Flag of Izon nation there, it would eventually go down to chaos and the bigger losers shall be the indigenous Opobo and Bonny people, so these are crucial areas of concern
Ijaw land ends in Bayelsa. We don't have any business with them.

We want progress and not retrogression.

Please, stop opening this type of threads. it breeds insults.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

I would honestly wish to engage your young minds, on how to move the region foward but if all you see is a small boy, I thank God for blessings of youth for youth itself is a very slight privilege of time, the child is the father of the man, this is our generation and if all you could trade is ego,

I'm sorry but when the chips are down I tried but we keep praying to God to preserve us, I have no shame, that's the different between people, I can't make decisions that I see dangers ahead, and not try the least costly options, but take note there is a thin line between a humanist and the devil himself
Social media battle is different from the actually battlefield undecided unfortunately you are a failure trying to cash out like Kanu/IPOB undecided you are not the 1st madman on Nairaland looking for a fight with Ijaw, neither will you be the last undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by bigpriik: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
God forbid
Igbo nation is all want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

Ijaw land ends in Bayelsa. We don't have any business with them.

We want progress and not retrogression.
I just don't want us to go as bully, but if the make it a matter of confrontation and ego, it won't be funny, truthfully AlaIgbo have more right to the city of Opobo especially and Bonny can and shall be contested but if you are in position and you have no compassion for others irrespective of their numbers there are Ijaws who had known only Opobo as their only home,

If we dont put these people in Consideration because it could bring evacuation and it could be a little inhumane but if they make that the only options, we don't mind at all.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Social media battle is different from the actually battlefield undecided unfortunately you are a failure trying to cash out like Kanu/IPOB undecided you are not the 1st madman on Nairaland looking for a fight with Ijaw, neither will you be the last undecided
At 26, how would you call me a failure, I'm not even up to 40, I have food to eat, I keep learning everyday and I'm blessed with talents and more, how could you possibly call me a failure, on what grounds
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

I just don't want us to go as bully, but if the make it a matter of confrontation and ego, it won't be funny, truthfully AlaIgbo have more right to the city of Opobo especially and Bonny can and shall be contested but if you are in position and you have no compassion for others irrespective of their numbers there are Ijaws who had known only Opobo as their only home,

If we dont put these people in Consideration because it could bring evacuation and it could be a little inhumane but if they make that the only options, we don't mind at all.

Free these discussions. Even in Bayelsa, Ijaws occupy only 4 LGAs. don't let them deceive you IYC where dey recruit any drunk to join.
There is no point discussing that thing here... It seems you don't know how the Ijaw minorities behave. Do they look like someone you can have a civil discussion with? especially on this platform? They have nothing but jealousy and hate for you.
Free these people and stop disgracing the Igbo race.

10 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

At 26, how would you call me a failure, I'm not even up to 40, I have food to eat, I keep learning everyday and I'm blessed with talents and more, how could you possibly call me a failure, on what grounds
You are blessed with stupidity undecided unfortunately we heard that crystal meth usage is very high among SouthEast youths, so i won't be surprised if you using undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

Free these discussions. Even in Bayelsa, Ijaws occupy only 4 LGAs. don't let them deceive you IYC where dey recruit any drunk to join.
There is no point discussing that thing here... It seems you don't know how the Ijaw minorities behave. Do they look like someone you can have a civil discussion with? especially on this platform? They have nothing but jealousy and hate for you.

Igbo majority how far grin you better advise the Ops O! No be who start fight dey finish am O

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

These are things I want to devote lots of my youth pursuing, I'm not in the census bureau but love and respect is very important, I'm not going to start my journey with prejudice and bitterness, at least this platform had given me an opportunity to engage these people, I shall engage them, they may be insulting and agitated

It is always that way especially when you are introducing a new idea, we got keep talking, all of them cant be rude it is your job to find the reasonable ones and continue engaging them, war create deserts called peace and every achievements I make with peace is worth many folds what I achieved with war, however not excluding war as an option but it should be on the last resort
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

You are blessed with stupidity undecided unfortunately we heard that crystal meth usage is very high among SouthEast youths, so i won't be surprised if you using undecided
Far from that I don't use crystal meth, why would you prefer to continue with the Prejudice and the bitterness, you know that if I'm talking compete garbage it could have been stupid of you engaging me, and if I see no concern it could have been silly of me engaging you either, most of you had not met majority of us, so we are a different people suspicious of one another, we are both capable of a Naturally Assured Destruction (MAD) but it will only get to that when we don't put a Consideration on our will as different people
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Igbo majority how far grin you better advise the Ops O! No be who start fight dey finish am O
If we all become sensible, numbers don't actually win wars neither do determination, it boils down to a lot of things at the end, I believe it worthy to try peace before choosing war
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

These are things I want to devote lots of my youth pursuing, I'm not in the census bureau but love and respect is very important, I'm not going to start my journey with prejudice and bitterness, at least this platform had given me an opportunity to engage these people, I shall engage them, they may be insulting and agitated

It is always that way especially when you are introducing a new idea, we got keep talking, all of them cant be rude it is your job to find the reasonable ones and continue engaging them, war create deserts called peace and every achievements I make with peace is worth many folds what I achieved with war, however not excluding war as an option but it should be on the last resort
You can do all that but don't do it in the name of Igbos. You and your likes seem not to know the people you are partnering with.

Before you start these type of journey, you need to first name research. What do they think about you? positive? Negative? How do they engage in discussions. What is their opinion.

Again, here is not the place to gain that knowledge. Stop disgracing us in the face of minorities.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Far from that I don't use crystal meth, why would you prefer to continue with the Prejudice and the bitterness, you know that if I'm talking compete garbage it could have been stupid of you engaging me, and if I see no concern it could have been silly of me engaging you either, most of you had not met majority of us, so we are a different people suspicious of one another, we are both capable of a Naturally Assured Destruction (MAD) but it will only get to that when we don't put a Consideration on our will as different people
Don't forget Every single information about you is with me, from your NIN, BVN, address, etc undecided so I know who you are undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

You can do all that but don't do it in the name of Igbos. You and your likes seem not to know the people you are partnering with.

Before you start these type of journey, you need to first name research. What do they think about you? positive? Negative? How do they engage in discussions. What is their opinion.

Again, here is not the place to gain that knowledge. Stop disgracing us in the face of minorities.
You are not exactly in position to tell me where and how I shall engage them and again, my group are Igbos and ofcourse, I'm working to institute a Confederate State of AlaIgbo, I shall do things in the name of Igbos beciase I'm one.

I don't see minority or majority I see a people, I'm not saying we must form a country with them but at least something closer to European Union, every party shall be free and focus on their territories.

But I see a potential chaos that could jeopardize my dreams and you expect me to let it slid until I have the capacity to do it at greater cost, there is no greater place to study these people than here,

No assault is done here and we can learn from one another, AlaIgbo is big enough to be an independent country but still you got to engage people where you have common interest.

If you think you will just wake up one day and everything is fixed then I ask who shall fix it if no one is devoted,

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Don't forget Every single information about you is with me, from your NIN, BVN, address, etc undecided so I know who you are undecided
Why are you jittery, does it look like I'm hiding, I had told you I'm old enough to make my decisions and no price is too big so what are you saying lol, please find something else and talk if you have nothing to say let those that have things to say speak
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

You are not exactly in position to tell me where and how I shall engage them and again, my group are Igbos and ofcourse, I'm working to institute a Confederate State of AlaIgbo, I shall do things in the name of Igbos beciase I'm one.

I don't see minority or majority I see a people, I'm not saying we must form a country with them but at least something closer to European Union, every party shall be free and focus on their territories.

But I see a potential chaos that could jeopardize my dreams and you expect me to let it slid until I have the capacity to do it at greater cost, there is no greater place to study these people than here,

No assault is done here and we can learn from one another, AlaIgbo is big enough to be an independent country but still you got to engage people where you have common interest.

If you think you will just wake up one day and everything is fixed then I ask who shall fix it if no one is devoted,

And in your mind, the serial betraying ijaw minority is your go-to people?

You are not serious at all.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Please don’t spoil this beautiful thread with your immaturity and insults. Everyone here is discussing the issue so maturely, except you. I was enjoying the thread until you came along.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Why are you jittery, does it look like I'm hiding, I had told you I'm old enough to make my decisions and no price is too big so what are you saying lol, please find something else and talk if you have nothing to say let those that have things to say speak
grin just a friendly reminder that I can find you anytime anyday
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
kmcutez:

Please don’t spoil this beautiful thread with your immaturity and insults. Everyone here is discussing the issue so maturely, except you. I was enjoying the thread until you came along.
Run along little rat undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

And in your mind, the serial betraying ijaw minority is your go-to people?

You are not serious at all.
Why don't you get that I'm not asking to form a country with them, I'm asking how do we settle common ground most specifically Opobo and Bonny, are they ready to make it a matter of militarization or are they ready for both sides to make compromises it is that simple. We don't have a common ground with any other people.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Why don't you get that I'm not asking to form a country with them, I'm asking how do we settle common ground most specifically Opobo and Bonny, are they ready to make it a matter of militarization or are they ready for both sides to make compromises it is that simple. We don't have a common ground with any other people.
Ijaws and Igbo fought before and they were quenched in less than a week. Or you haven't read about the fight between Thief Adaka Boro and Ojukwu.

This is why I said you are disgracing us...quit this disgrace. They are a minority and should be the one coming to you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FEC Approves ₦75.78 Billion Contracts For FCT, Others / Ugwuanyi Glad Future Enugu Governments Won't Have Funding Problems / Hamas, Hezbollah Are Freedom Fighters You Hypocrites—Tinubu’s Aide Blasts US, UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.