Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria (6131 Views)

WHY IGBOS MAY NEVER LEAVE LAGOS.( MY OPINION) / Why The Igbos May Never Progress In Politics With Their Bitter Style Of Politics / 2023: Why Igbos May Never Produce President Of Nigeria – Bishop Azubuike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

Ijaws and Igbo fought before and they were quenched in less than a week. Or you haven't read about the fight between Thief Adaka Boro and Ojukwu.

This is why I said you are disgracing us...quit this disgrace. They are a minority and should be the one coming to you.
Eastern Region under Ojukwu fought Ijaw undecided We all know the result of the real battle between Boro Men and Biafra troops grin

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Run along little rat undecided

Ok, big rat.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
grin
kmcutez:

Ok, big rat.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ijoh(m): 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Eastern Region under Ojukwu fought Ijaw undecided We all know the result of the real battle between Boro Men and Biafra troops grin

Ojukwu only fought with Boro and his village youths.
Other Ijaws didn't even join hands, and despite the so many tribes under his useless Eastern Region he was using to fight Boro, and despite all federal government support coming, he still couldn't hold Boro and his village youths alone until after 12 days of serious fighting.
Other Ijaws didn't even join hands.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by tutudesz: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ijoh:

Other Ijaws didn't even join hands, and despite the do many tribes under his useless Eastern Region he was using to fight Boro, and despite all federal government support coming, he still couldn't hold Boro and his village youths alone until after 12 days of serious fighting.
Imagine if all the Ijaw clans joined shocked If they want peace they will get peace,

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ekealterego:

Ijaws and Igbo fought before and they were quenched in less than a week. Or you haven't read about the fight between Thief Adaka Boro and Ojukwu.

This is why I said you are disgracing us...quit this disgrace. They are a minority and should be the one coming to you.
Ijaw and Igbos never fought that Ojukwu used the Nigerian army to stop a rebellious Adakar Borro with his group does not mean Ijaw and Igbo fought,
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ijoh(m): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
God bless the Ijaw Republic.
God bless my hero General Ditari.
Ijaw Republic or nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ijoh(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ijoh:

Other Ijaws didn't even join hands, and despite the so many tribes under his useless Eastern Region he was using to fight Boro, and despite all federal government support coming, he still couldn't hold Boro and his village youths alone until after 12 days of serious fighting.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Eastern Region did not fight Ijaw, Ojukwu just used a dispatch of Nigerian army to stop Borro's insurrection
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Youngmaster0(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Your family and Ijaw may end up forming a country. Don't bring igbo into this discourse. Is either a homogeneous igbo nation. Or we stay back in Nigeria and fight for our place

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
Youngmaster0:
Your family and Ijaw may end up forming a country. Don't bring igbo into this discourse. Is either a homogeneous igbo nation. Or we stay back in Nigeria and fight for our place
What you said didn't you see it in the option that we can all stay in Nigeria cuase if Nigeria eventually divide we would have to sit in a table with them to discussed common interest unless you prefer the war approach and we are not taking about Ants here, it is human we are talking about
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by horsepower102: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:
There had been serious bitterness between the Igbos and the Ijaws in a deeper looking, I figured out that the Ijaws are the closest related tribe to us.

When we keep trading the war rhetoric, it could all end up dangerously and I don't see the need for us to resort to hurting ourselves, personally some of my best friends and advisers are Ijaws.

In the olden days, the Ijaws loved marrying Igbo women and more than every other tribe the Ijaws as a result of earlier contact to the British kidnapped and sold Igbos into slavery at other times they had enculturated many other Igbos.

The reality here is that honestly if we don't get on in an agreeable ways despite our connections things can escalate.

We should remember that The English are also Germanic but the two nations of UK and Germany would fight the world wars at opposing sides. Igbo and Ijaws maybe related but if not well managed can escalate.

There are three options for Igbos and Ijaw post Nigeria either we all join together in Biafra, we all join together in Niger Delta Republic, whichever country we chose being purely autonomous or we shall both form separate countries while deciding on how to deal with common interest.

Opobo and Bonny, could both be independent city state while Opobo can be Igbo pritectorate, Bonny can be Ijaw Protectorate but if we love these common interest grounds so much we can both forget our pride and form a country together with ensured autonomy or continue staying in Nigeria together.

I believe in Confederate States of AlaIgbo also Igbo Province of Nigeria

After reading through this thread, I just concluded that you are here for attention seeking. You don’t form a nation with people who wish you dead and contained.

Please go and rest.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
horsepower102:

After reading through this thread, I just concluded that you are here for attention seeking. You don’t form a nation with people who wish you dead and contained.

Please go and rest.
The key focus is not forming a nation, the key focus is how do we deal with common interest explicitly Opobo and Bonny, should we have a peaceful discussion or go for all out invasion ?
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Youngmaster0(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

What you said didn't you see it in the option that we can all stay in Nigeria cuase if Nigeria eventually divide we would have to sit in a table with them to discussed common interest unless you prefer the war approach and we are not taking about Ants here, it is human we are talking about

What do you want to sit with the ijaw for or go to war with them again. Igbos to igbo nation, ijaw to ijaw nation, who is going to war here.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
Youngmaster0:

What do you want to sit with the ijaw for or go to war with them again. Igbos to igbo nation, ijaw to ijaw nation, who is going to war here.
Opobo and Bonny to where?
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Youngmaster0(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Opobo and Bonny to where?

Opobo and Bonny decides for themselves. As simple as that, we never be in same nation with those blokes after Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by horsepower102: 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

The key focus is not forming a nation, the key focus is how do we deal with common interest explicitly Opobo and Bonny, should we have a peaceful discussion or go for all out invasion ?

You don’t negotiate over what you own. It’s like asking to negotiate over the ownership of Enugu just because some Fulanis settled there.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
Youngmaster0:

Opobo and Bonny decides for themselves. As simple as that, we never be in same nation with those blokes after Nigeria
How do they decide for themselves when the two contesting parties had not accepted peace and as such no Refendum and the two interested parties are far bigger and mightier than the two towns in question, if the Ijaws and Igbos fail to reach peace in this situation don't you think that the option for them to decide for themselves may not be available.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Cjrane2: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igbos and Ijaws in one country is DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

For instance, why would I break away from Igalas that Anioma people have more in common with and go to merge with Ijaw immigrants from Sierra Leone that we have nothing in common with?

Why would anyone want to leave Nigeria just to create a worse and deadlier country with Ijaws?? It is the height of idiocy to propose such a preposterous thing!

We should instead propose how the rest of West, Central, East, and Southern African countries can join together as one-pan African country than stay with only Ijaws in one tiny Ijaw-Igbo country. Tufikwa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
horsepower102:

You don’t negotiate over what you own. It’s like asking to negotiate over the ownership of Enugu just because some Fulanis settled there.
So you are saying in this regards that you shall evacuate the Fulanis or conduct an Ethnic cleansing when their people are close by in the other side, do you think that if you are going to certainly kill a rat that it would not fight back or you are saying we shall forcefully include those Fulanis that settled there into Our Igbo Country?
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by ayomide69: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
You dey Bleep up oo Alex bells i no understand your paroles ooo leave these minority ijaws wey dey chest beat say dem be this dem strong no be for online dey boast if na fight dem want dem go give dem beta fight, e go smell everybody body wella ndi nzuzu, sometimes i dey read their rubbish thread base trolls on igbo, ijaw people that wahala you dey look for you go see am one day i pray God make i live up to that moments, make i assess how strong una be cause Igbo people dey like calm down you think say dem be fool una Neva see madness abi, instead of you guys to find solutions on problems encountering your region na fight you dey find thunder scatter your papa una Neva see werey wey pass werey. we no dey like too dey talk na that day una want the fight una go see how e dey be. Ndi ara!!! Ana ezuzu
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Youngmaster0(m): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

How do they decide for themselves when the two contesting parties had not accepted peace and as such no Refendum and the two interested parties are far bigger and mightier than the two towns in question, if the Ijaws and Igbos fail to reach peace in this situation don't you think that the option for them to decide for themselves may not be available.

Open thread on how to settle the opobo Bonny issue, not how igbos and ijaw may end up in same nation. That is never happening

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by horsepower102: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Cjrane2:

Why would anyone want to leave Nigeria just to create a worse and deadlier country with Ijaws?? It is the height of idiocy to propose such a preposterous thing!

We should instead propose how the rest of West, Central, East, and Southern African countries can join together as one-pan African country than stay with only Ijaws in one tiny Ijaw-Igbo country. Tufikwa!

The OP is just bored and looking for attention.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by horsepower102: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Youngmaster0:

Open thread on how to settle the opobo Bonny issue, not how igbos and ijaw may end up in same nation. That is never happening

Exactly!
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Svlla: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
horsepower102:

Thank you for this...

I don't know what this Alex person is trying to achieve opening a thread like this. This is insulting to Igbos

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by ayomide69: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
i be Yoruba but i get Igbo bad blood from my mama, i no be weak person make you grab am now for you wey dey find trouble anyhow
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Cjrane2:

Country is not about what you feel, as crazy as it seems it is still an option but that's not my worries, perhaps we happen to go for our own country, which mostly should include Opobo and Bonny as Igbo territories, are we just going to annex them knowing fully that they have had contacts with the Ijaws over the years, they could as well have affinity towards them, how do you hope to deal with such situation
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by horsepower102: 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

So you are saying in this regards that you shall evacuate the Fulanis or conduct an Ethnic cleansing when their people are close by in the other side, do you think that if you are going to certainly kill a rat that it would not fight back or you are saying we shall forcefully include those Fulanis that settled there into Our Igbo Country?

Who mentioned anything about ethnic cleansing?

Just find something else to do with your time.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
Svlla:

Thank you for this...

I don't know what this Alex person is trying to achieve opening a thread like this. This is insulting to Igbos
What I'm trying to achieve is solution and peace you can pretend to be ignorant of the situation and I'm not contesting Enugu, I'm contesting Opobo and Bonny which any sensible person should know the history of the two towns
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
horsepower102:

Who mentioned anything about ethnic cleansing?

Just find something else to do with your time.

This is what I chose to do, you don't know exactly the weight and meaning of your statements and suggestion
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
Youngmaster0:

That's what I'm doing did you read the thread, all options should be on ground without Opobo and Bonny, what business do we have with the Ijaws?
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by nku5: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:
There had been serious bitterness between the Igbos and the Ijaws in a deeper looking, I figured out that the Ijaws are the closest related tribe to us.

When we keep trading the war rhetoric, it could all end up dangerously and I don't see the need for us to resort to hurting ourselves, personally some of my best friends and advisers are Ijaws.

In the olden days, the Ijaws loved marrying Igbo women and more than every other tribe the Ijaws as a result of earlier contact to the British kidnapped and sold Igbos into slavery at other times they had enculturated many other Igbos.

The reality here is that honestly if we don't get on in an agreeable ways despite our connections things can escalate.

We should remember that The English are also Germanic but the two nations of UK and Germany would fight the world wars at opposing sides. Igbo and Ijaws maybe related but if not well managed can escalate.

There are three options for Igbos and Ijaw post Nigeria either we all join together in Biafra, we all join together in Niger Delta Republic, whichever country we chose being purely autonomous or we shall both form separate countries while deciding on how to deal with common interest.

Opobo and Bonny, could both be independent city state while Opobo can be Igbo pritectorate, Bonny can be Ijaw Protectorate but if we love these common interest grounds so much we can both forget our pride and form a country together with ensured autonomy or continue staying in Nigeria together.

I believe in Confederate States of AlaIgbo also Igbo Province of Nigeria

The ijaws want one nigeria. They and Igbos have no aims in common

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“The Wooden Bridge Cost 800K” – Desmond Elliot / JUST IN: Severe, Irreparable Harm Will Be Done To Me If CSU Release my records / An Assessment On The State Of The STATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.