Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,046 members, 7,835,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria (6110 Views)

WHY IGBOS MAY NEVER LEAVE LAGOS.( MY OPINION) / Why The Igbos May Never Progress In Politics With Their Bitter Style Of Politics / 2023: Why Igbos May Never Produce President Of Nigeria – Bishop Azubuike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
In International law, such a thing won't be allowed. This kind of thing would have been allowed before 1939, but not again.

Biafra will be more worried about setting her economy on the right part than all this shout of Opobo and Bonny you dey scream for here.

Igbos can't decide for Ibanis. If the Ibanis are not talking of referendum, you can't be talking of it on thier behalf
Biafra is not worried about any economy and our economy can not be a priority when our people are enslaved, laws are made by men to be broken by men, if Nigeria breaks AlaIgbo shall be a sovereign state and we have the capacity to jettison international laws, worst that can happen is UN lands here and conduct a Refendum themselves or you go to court when we had already occupied Opobo, UN would only be talking peace
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:20am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
You're one of the most dumbest person on Nairaland bro.

I doubt you're up to 26 years you said you're.

You reason like a kid.

Ibanis are not in any Igbo organization, they are not living close to Igbo land, and you just feel you go just occupy this people land for no sane reason... Do you even have sense at all

Reason wetin you dey talk boy.

Igbo land is not mighty in Nigeria, but you feel it will be mighty because of one Biafra grin

You are just wasting your typing, I had told you, if you don't accept peace and compromise we run it in our terms, why are you wasting your time if I don't sound 26, who cares, we shall reclaim Opobo, or at most Opobo shall be independent protectorate, no one is negotiating with you here, the choice fo turn their land to a war zone is theirs
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
AlexBells:

You are just wasting your typing, I had told you, if you don't accept peace and compromise we run it in our terms, why are you wasting your time if I don't sound 26, who cares, [we shall reclaim Opobo, or at most Opobo shall be independent protectorate, no one is negotiating with you here, the choice fo turn their land to a war zone is theirs
I'm so right about you been a dumb kid... I can see why your Igbo brothers are ashame of yougrin
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I'm so right about you been a dumb kid... I can see why your Igbo brothers are ashame of yougrin
No one cares about shame, love is more important, I had told you take it home, when it will happen no one will be able to interfere, Opobo was an independence city state recognised by the Queen herself and that's what could happen under our protectorate and then an invasion or referendum for Bonny, it simple
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
AlexBells:

You have no know will to go extreme, and I have all I need is the slightest justification, I'm not a keyboard warrior, I have every desire to launch an invasion and I should assume their ego a vital ingredient yet I shall engage
Do you know how many years people here have been in this game? decades, listen to them and stop wasting your time.

I believe you are clueless and living in a parralel world.. You CAN'T talk sense with these guys. Stop disgracing us.

I would have thought that you would have gone on forums on Facebook, communities and mine data and information analyse where the problem lies before coming to have discussions with these guys.

You don't even have a single clue and you are forming peace. You don't even know where the problem is. Go and explore information first.

For meantime please, stop disgracing us.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
kmcutez:

I don’t think anyone hates you guys because of jealousy. No one is jealous of you guys. If you search harder I’m sure you will find out the reason.
No one is jealous? So, what is your problem?

You know, I watched a video on Instagram where one man from Edo tried to scam a woman by asking for her bank account... in summary the woman didn't fall and the man cursed the woman with his obvious Edo accent and dialect, the Yoruba woman screamed, "omo Igbo".
By default, she had assumed and pushed her hate on Igbos when it was not even necessary.
We see it, we know it.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ekealterego:

Do you know how many years people here have been in this game? decades, listen to them and stop wasting your time.

I believe you are clueless and living in a parralel world.. You CAN'T talk sense with these guys. Stop disgracing us.

I would have thought that you would have gone on forums on Facebook, communities and mine data and information analyse where the problem lies before coming to have discussions with these guys.

You don't even have a single clue and you are forming peace. You don't even know where the problem is. Go and explore information first.

For meantime please, stop disgracing us.
What have you achieved with your years of approaching the issue that way, I can't base my judgement on the account of others, I need my own version of the story, I had gotten the answers I need and I had formed my own opinion, In case you think I'm a noise maker at least I had already created an exhibit that at one point I wanted peace, even if you hate people you just don't go and tell the whole world that you hate them.

They had shown me their own color and I now have personal justification for my view towards them, know it that I can't take your advice and I can't take it so that you should stop wasting it, since you had been approaching the issue for over a year why not keep the advice for yourself, please speak for ourselves, stop saying "us" I have my name and you have yours and every other Igbo have theirs.

Everybody MUST not follow your approach, know this and know peace,
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
AlexBells:

What have you achieved with your years of approaching the issue that way, I can't base my judgement on the account of others, I need my own version of the story, I had gotten the answers I need and I had formed my own opinion, In case you think I'm a noise maker at least I had already created an exhibit that at one point I wanted peace, even if you hate people you just don't go and tell the whole world that you hate them.

They had shown me their own color and I now have personal justification for my view towards them, know it that I can't take your advice and I can't take it so that you should stop wasting it, since you had been approaching the issue for over a year why not keep the advice for yourself, please speak for ourselves, stop saying "us" I have my name and you have yours and every other Igbo have theirs.

Approaching what? People I have no business with? Guy. I wish you Goodluck.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Igboid: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Nnaa things stand on things.
Ife kwuru, ife akwudobe ya!

You can't just come and be reinventing the wheel.
You are taking us back to a stage we have all passed through and it's not cool.
The Hallmark of scholarship is ability to stand on the progress or knowledge of predecessors to advance and not to go and start afresh. This is why we have "literature review" and all during research.

There is no peaceful coexistence with these lots, some of us have been on this issue since 2006 and we know a lot of things you don't know.
You are getting angry about Ijaws imposing dead Ibani-Ijaw language on Opobo Igbo speakers, which means you didn't have knowledge of this before now, but this is what some of us have always known since 2006 and beyond.
Your approach reminds me of those of IPOB who for years were impervious to reasoning and made alot of mess for us in the process.

Please listen to wise counsel and stop already.
The Ijaws are on expansionist mission towards Igbo speaking regions of deep South and to landlock and tax the Igbo post NIGERIA for sea access. This is a matter of survival for them. And a matter of economic sabotage to us.

There is no reaching middle point with them on this. Knowledgeable ones know how this issue will be eventually settled, the only thing delaying it is the existence of NIGERIA and the meddling influence of Hausa-Fulani and Muslim Yorubas who many Igbos are not aware that Ijaws are in alliance with, hence Making Igbos talking of Biafra with minorities appear like total dummies.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ekealterego:

Approaching what? People I have no business with? Guy. I wish you Goodluck.
How do you say you have no business with people sharing boundaries and even towns with you? Do you think diplomatic relationships is so simple
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Ekealterego: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
AlexBells:

How do you say you have no business with people sharing boundaries and even towns with you? Do you think diplomatic relationships is so simple
Nna Goodluck O!
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Igboid:

Nnaa things stand on things.
Ife kwuru, ife akwudobe ya!

You can't just come and be reinventing the wheel.
You are taking us back to a stage we have all passed through and it's not cool.
The Hallmark of scholarship is ability to stand on the progress or knowledge of predecessors to advance and not to go and start afresh. This is why we have "literature review" and all during research.

There is no peaceful coexistence with these lots, some of us have been on this issue since 2006 and we know a lot of things you don't know.
You are getting angry about Ijaws imposing dead Ibani-Ijaw language on Opobo Igbo speakers, which means you didn't have knowledge of this before now, but this is what some of us have always known since 2006 and beyond.
Your approach reminds me of those of IPOB who for years were impervious to reasoning and made alot of mess for us in the process.

Please listen to wise counsel and stop already.
The Ijaws are on expansionist mission towards Igbo speaking regions of deep South and to landlock and tax the Igbo post NIGERIA for sea access. This is a matter of survival for them. And a matter of economic sabotage to us.

There is no reaching middle point with them on this. Knowledgeable ones know how this issue will be eventually end, the only thing delaying it is the existence of NIGERIA and the meddling influence of Hausa-Fulani and Muslim Yorubas who many Igbos are not aware that Ijaws are in alliance with, hence Making Igbos talking of Biafra with minorities appear like total dummies.
I have no business with Fulanis you know why becuase we have no common boundaries, same is applicable to Yorubas but the Ijaws have common boundary with us are you really thinking that we can have a sovereign state if we don't talk with our neighbours at all, yes that's possible but is it the best.

We are definitely going to have ambassador from their Republic, we are going to agree on the ways to police the waters in the Eastern coastlines, I'm not about Biafra and you know that I'm for a country of only Igbos and we can't inherit enmity.

Apparently there shall be misunderstanding but mutual respect shall be endured, it is not reinventing the wheel, what is the real issues we had with them, we have real situation that may require us to talk with them, the city of PH is there, while most part is Igboland a great chunk of the other side is Ijaw, yes we can erect a wall but then why build walls if mutual respect is possible.

We don't have to approach this new ideas from the angle of hate, we should maintain a diplomatic relationship if we are a sovereigns then we don't have to give these people so much relevance, I don't think in the sense of Nigeria anymore, even if we stay in Nigeria, I think in the sense of a distinct Igbo province then if we part we go with other Igbos and form a country what do we have in common with them that we shall ruin our current chances with hates
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ekealterego:

Nna Goodluck O!
Thanks a lot, I honestly wish you luck in your endeavours too
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by isokomarine: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
AlexBells:

Look I'm honestly not out to drag what is not ours so be rest assured that you would get all your territories and for the ones that has huge mix up they shall get a referendum, we don't want to cheat anyone and we don't want anyone cheating us either
both the Isoko people and the aboh people know their territory in ndokwa
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
isokomarine:
We shall settle everything peacefully, I believe peace is the best, elders and youth from both side would witness things
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by isokomarine: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2021
AlexBells:

We shall settle everything peacefully, I believe peace is the best, elders and youth from both side would witness things
that is the best way to go about it
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2021
isokomarine:
I have told you time without number that no Isoko land in ndokwa east better respect yourself or we will take your useless forsaken two local government away from you.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2021
AlexBells:

Are you ok ? What are you talking about? We have nothing to settle with useless forsaken Isoko people in ndokwa east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2021
isokomarine:
that is the best way to go about it
Keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2021
Any useless forsaken minorities group from Isoko land that try nonsense in ndokwa east will be dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

Are you ok ? What are you talking about? We have nothing to settle with useless forsaken Isoko people in ndokwa east.
The most dangerous of us, are more veiled and courteous with words, eventually things would be settled, settled doesn't mean giving them what is not theirs, settled doesn't mean a plea for peace, settled doesn't mean a compromise, settled means settled it all boils down to the means and manner of settlement, if both parties would respect each side, there shall be no need to trade rhetoric nor even beyond but eventually settle is the proper word to use when you can't ascribe a futuristic event.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Idafire: 9:14am On Nov 14, 2021
AlexBells:
There had been serious bitterness between the Igbos and the Ijaws in a deeper looking, I figured out that the Ijaws are the closest related tribe to us.

When we keep trading the war rhetoric, it could all end up dangerously and I don't see the need for us to resort to hurting ourselves, personally some of my best friends and advisers are Ijaws.

In the olden days, the Ijaws loved marrying Igbo women and more than every other tribe the Ijaws as a result of earlier contact to the British kidnapped and sold Igbos into slavery at other times they had enculturated many other Igbos.

The reality here is that honestly if we don't get on in an agreeable ways despite our connections things can escalate.

We should remember that The English are also Germanic but the two nations of UK and Germany would fight the world wars at opposing sides. Igbo and Ijaws maybe related but if not well managed can escalate.

There are three options for Igbos and Ijaw post Nigeria either we all join together in Biafra, we all join together in Niger Delta Republic, whichever country we chose being purely autonomous or we shall both form separate countries while deciding on how to deal with common interest.

Opobo and Bonny, could both be independent city state while Opobo can be Igbo pritectorate, Bonny can be Ijaw Protectorate but if we love these common interest grounds so much we can both forget our pride and form a country together with ensured autonomy or continue staying in Nigeria together.

I believe in Confederate States of AlaIgbo also Igbo Province of Nigeria.

My name is idawari and I stand to tell you that the Ijaws want nothing to do with you.
First you tried to annex our land and call it yours, you failed. Now you are talking of forming a country together with you that don't regard the sovereignty of other tribes.

Believe me, nothing can come out of that union.
In Niger Delta we trust.
Say no to Biafra
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2021
Idafire:

My name is idawari and I stand to tell you that the Ijaws want nothing to do with you.
First you tried to annex our land and call it yours, you failed. Now you are talking of forming a country together with you that don't regard the sovereignty of other tribes.

Believe me, nothing can come out of that union.
In Niger Delta we trust.
Say no to Biafra
First of all, no one is talking about Biafra and I don't see your Niger Delta, we have issues with Ijaw so we settle it like Igbos and Ijaws, I had told you what I had told you, if you so much desire Igbo territories in the Niger Delta then be prepared to be annexed, that's the best way to put it for your I understanding
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Idafire: 9:21am On Nov 14, 2021
AlexBells:

I'm not saying Ijaws MUST be in Biafra but how do we settle common ground, because We shall mount the Flag of AlaIgbo in Bonny and Opobo and if they mount the Flag of Izon nation there, it would eventually go down to chaos and the bigger losers shall be the indigenous Opobo and Bonny people, so these are crucial areas of concern

This is the problem with you people from the East.
You stay afar and claim bonny n Opobo are alaigbo wen in the real sense there is nothing suggesting that fact. I am currently in Opobo and I am yet to see any sign that says this land is Ibo land. Nothing.
Stop dreaming and adding my beloved Ibani lands into your Biafra, it won't work.

I tot this your thread is about fostering peace but alas,your real motive has been laid bare.
I don't know how you will do with the water cos I know most of you are stone wen it comes to that.

Opobo n Bonny are Ibani-Ijaws, all your noise will surely end here
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2021
Idafire:

This is the problem with you people from the East.
You stay afar and claim bonny n Opobo are alaigbo web in the real sense there is nothing suggesting that fact. I am currently in Opobo and I am yet to see any sign that says this land is Ibo land. Nothing.
Stop dreaming and adding my beloved Ibani lands into your Biafra, it won't work.

I tot this your thread is about fostering peace but alas,your real motive has been laid bare.
I don't know how you will do with the water cos I know most of you are stone web it comes to that.

Opobo n Bonny are Ibani-Ijaws, all your noise will surely end here
It was not about fostering peace, no one want to form a country with anyone post Nigeria if not for things we seem to have in common but since you pretending ignorant of it, we shall be more than glad to teach you how it is done, AlaIgbo won't be the first nor the last to hold a detached territory from the mainland
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Idafire: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Ekealterego:

Ijaws and Igbo fought before and they were quenched in less than a week. Or you haven't read about the fight between Thief Adaka Boro and Ojukwu.

This is why I said you are disgracing us...quit this disgrace. They are a minority and should be the one coming to you.

Just imagine wat you are celebrating as victory.
Shame suppose catch you.
Boro and his few youth fought a general for 12 days with the military might of a country and you celebrate that. Shame.

It really pains that all you and your likes can do in this forum is claim territories online.
It pains that you and the OP are powerless to come close to our territory.
It's really pains that everyday only miscreants here know what you guys are mastubating on just because of a tribe you call minority yet you guys are only interested in the do called minority.

Do you guys sleep at all.
Leave Ijaws out if your discourse. We don't go about opening threads looking for e-wars.
We just want to go about our biz in this shit country.
We the Ijaws don't look for trouble but are always ready to give in folds needed.

Enof is enof
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Idafire: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2021
AlexBells:

What I'm trying to achieve is solution and peace you can pretend to be ignorant of the situation and I'm not contesting Enugu, I'm contesting Opobo and Bonny which any sensible person should know the history of the two towns

There is no contest anywhere go and ask your forefathers.

Bonny n Opobo are Ijaw lands. That can't be changed with opening useless threads that even your brothers are angry about.

Channel your time n energy to something profitable.
Enof of the fuss about us the minority. We gree but make una stay una side.
Shame no dey catch you
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by GreatBoss: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Idafire:

Bonny n Opobo are Ijaw lands. That can't be changed with opening useless threads that even your brothers are angry about.

Shame no dey catch you

Stop being childish.
Ijaws are far larger than Ibo in population.
You think it's empty space Ijaw use and spread into 6 big States, without other tribes entering our centre
Kogi state alone is 308 km² bigger than the 5 South East States put together.
And Enugu have Idoma and Wawa people in it.
Anambra have Igala people in it.
Ebonyi have Cross River tribes in it
Etc.
Why can't Ibo use their false population figure and swallow Nigeria up aleet.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Idafire: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Lol

I'm talking to you base on facts on ground, you dey write rubbish.

I've been to Bonny and Opobo, no be internet talk be this wey I dey talk. There is never a time have seen the people of those places claiming to be Igbos.

There are no Igbo towns within Bonny and Opobo sef. If you know of Igbo towns located within Bonny and Opobo, you can give us the names of this igbo towns.

Is so funny the way some of you that have not been to this two locations open your mouth and talk on thier behalf.

Their wahala tire person. They can't even name one community unless they use Google yet they claim it's their territory.

Like how.
The other day slayerforever said they are coming to Opobo, I told him I am there already he changed mouth say na ohambele dem dey. Wetin concern me and other people community. I only defend my Ijaw tribe in this forum. I don't talk about other tribes once I wake up. because their wahala is noty concern.
But I will be wondering if guys like the OP sleep at all concerning we they call minority, ogogoro drinkers which I accept with my full chest.
In the morning Ijaw thread, same thing in the afternoons n evening
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 9:49am On Nov 14, 2021
Idafire:

Shame no dey catch you
Please stop wasting your time with me, no body is asking you, once we arrive your elders would vomit every truth, your concern as a young person is to go prepare to either fight for what you believe in or accept whatever reality, stop wasting your time talking, apparently no one care about your history
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Idafire: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2021
AlexBells:

If the Igbos in the South East invade Opobo for instance then You Ijaws come to defend her, it will be chaotic, no one takes a permission before invasion, that would not be the first time in history that an invasion or annexation took place, the question is are they going to fight to stop such invasion or they will just give in, are the Ijaws also willing to defend Opobo? That's the question no one cares apparently you can have your wish but the might shall have the way

I want to ask a simple question, where will you pass and invade Opobo n Bonny, is it through the road cos I know Ogoni people will resist you. Or is it theobthe sea, ah! That can't be possible cos only one wave alone, majority of you will drown. So where?? Don't say plane cos that won't be possible for you.

So stop dreaming no such thing is happening. Do you think the other Ijaw groups under IYC n INC wud sit back n watch you.
Go and read about wars fought before when your forefathers were here. The Ijaw man is very brave and nothing you bring will deter us. I dare you to come and invade

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Viral Picture Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria Olukayode Ariwoola on Wheelchair / Blashpemy !!! Tinubu, Gbaja, Fashola, Nuhu R, Hamzat Laughing While Imam Prays / Nigerians Celebrating Christmas On Empty Stomachs – LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.