Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria (6122 Views)

WHY IGBOS MAY NEVER LEAVE LAGOS.( MY OPINION) / Why The Igbos May Never Progress In Politics With Their Bitter Style Of Politics / 2023: Why Igbos May Never Produce President Of Nigeria – Bishop Azubuike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
nku5:

The ijaws want one nigeria. They and Igbos have no aims in common
The way Nigeria is going, Division is not exactly about what anybody want, it can just happen or it may not happen anytime soon but we need to start sensible discussions because whether Nigeria divides or not national cohesion should be a thing
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by ScamHunter: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Are you sure you're Igbo? I believe that most of your posts are targeted at opprobrium and disrespect on Ndigbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
ScamHunter:
Are you sure you're Igbo? I believe that most of your posts are targeted at opprobrium and disrespect on Ndigbo.
You don't need to be sure and I have absolutely nothing to prove, if you think I'm anti Igbo then defend Igbo by countering my post intelligently, we all have different motivations and approach
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Youngmaster0(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

That's what I'm doing did you read the thread, all options should be on ground without Opobo and Bonny, what business do we have with the Ijaws?

When the time is right, all matters will be settled. For now stop dragging igbos and ijaw in same sentence, or somehow even think of forming a country, or a confederation with those blokes. This thread bleeds insult on igbos
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Youngmaster0:

When the time is right, all matters will be settled. For now stop dragging igbos and ijaw in same sentence, or somehow even think of forming a country, or a confederation with those blokes. This thread bleeds insult on igbos
Young man, when is the right time? Or I should wait for you to give the go ahead before I start debating what I believe, who says when is the right time or not, when considering doing the right thing
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by orisa37: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Show us The Map of Area covered.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
orisa37:
Show us The Map of Area covered.
That's my map of The Confederate States of AlaIgbo, I deliberately left out Bonny But Opobo is the Town on the Outskirts, Bonny is the Island Nearby then Ijawland extended further towards the ocean now, Opobo and Bonny both have connection between Igbos and Ijaw so that's my concern

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Kinematics: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:
[s]There had been serious bitterness between the Igbos and the Ijaws in a deeper looking, I figured out that the Ijaws are the closest related tribe to us.

When we keep trading the war rhetoric, it could all end up dangerously and I don't see the need for us to resort to hurting ourselves, personally some of my best friends and advisers are Ijaws.

In the olden days, the Ijaws loved marrying Igbo women and more than every other tribe the Ijaws as a result of earlier contact to the British kidnapped and sold Igbos into slavery at other times they had enculturated many other Igbos.

The reality here is that honestly if we don't get on in an agreeable ways despite our connections things can escalate.

We should remember that The English are also Germanic but the two nations of UK and Germany would fight the world wars at opposing sides. Igbo and Ijaws maybe related but if not well managed can escalate.

There are three options for Igbos and Ijaw post Nigeria either we all join together in Biafra, we all join together in Niger Delta Republic, whichever country we chose being purely autonomous or we shall both form separate countries while deciding on how to deal with common interest.

Opobo and Bonny, could both be independent city state while Opobo can be Igbo pritectorate, Bonny can be Ijaw Protectorate but if we love these common interest grounds so much we can both forget our pride and form a country together with ensured autonomy or continue staying in Nigeria together.

I believe in Confederate States of AlaIgbo also Igbo Province of Nigeria[/s]

Pile of shit!

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kinematics:

Pile of shit!
You had always been that way and I know you already and you were not the one I'm looking to engage,
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

That's my map of The Confederate States of AlaIgbo, I deliberately left out Bonny But Opobo is the Town on the Outskirts, Bonny is the Island Nearby then Ijawland extended further towards the ocean now, Opobo and Bonny both have connection between Igbos and Ijaw so that's my concern

I’m not Igbo, but you have my village in Delta state inside your Alaigbo map.

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
kmcutez:

I’m not Igbo, but you have my village in Delta state inside your Alaigbo map.
Your Village would be considered and carved out once the real things take shape, however if it an Igbo dominated area and the mix up is too complex your village shall get a Refendum
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Correct map.

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by OreMI22: 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
[s]
AlexBells:
There had been serious bitterness between the Igbos and the Ijaws in a deeper looking, I figured out that the Ijaws are the closest related tribe to us.

When we keep trading the war rhetoric, it could all end up dangerously and I don't see the need for us to resort to hurting ourselves, personally some of my best friends and advisers are Ijaws.

In the olden days, the Ijaws loved marrying Igbo women and more than every other tribe the Ijaws as a result of earlier contact to the British kidnapped and sold Igbos into slavery at other times they had enculturated many other Igbos.

The reality here is that honestly if we don't get on in an agreeable ways despite our connections things can escalate.

We should remember that The English are also Germanic but the two nations of UK and Germany would fight the world wars at opposing sides. Igbo and Ijaws maybe related but if not well managed can escalate.

There are three options for Igbos and Ijaw post Nigeria either we all join together in Biafra, we all join together in Niger Delta Republic, whichever country we chose being purely autonomous or we shall both form separate countries while deciding on how to deal with common interest.

Opobo and Bonny, could both be independent city state while Opobo can be Igbo pritectorate, Bonny can be Ijaw Protectorate but if we love these common interest grounds so much we can both forget our pride and form a country together with ensured autonomy or continue staying in Nigeria together.

I believe in Confederate States of AlaIgbo also Igbo Province of Nigeria.
[/s]

Total Trash from an Ijaw boy trying to masquerade as Igbo.

Go and tell them that nobody in his right senses will want to leave Nigeria and enter a worse miniature Nigeria with Ijaw laziness fuelling corruption and daily senseless killings. We don't want your confederal arrangement. Go outright and form your own Ijaw country and quit trying to use Igbos to achieve your Ijaw banana pipe dream. It will never work.

We'd rather work with the north to fix Nigeria than form a failed banana republic with Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
kmcutez:

Correct map.
The Map is Gross, it is the Biafran map, where is Anioma, no Igbo clan shall be left Behind, it is non negotiable unless they chose to stay back,
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

The Map is Gross, it is the Biafran map, where is Anioma, no Igbo clan shall be left Behind, it is non negotiable unless they chose to stay back,

Well, that is the official map. All that territory belongs to Benin.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
OreMI22:
[s][/s]

Total Trash from an Ijaw boy trying to masquerade as Igbo.

Go and tell them that nobody in his right senses will want to leave Nigeria and enter a worse miniature Nigeria with Ijaw laziness fuelling corruption and daily senseless killings.

We'd rather work with the north to fix Nigeria than form a failed banana republic with Ijaw.
You are Missing the Gist here, I'm not advocating for an outright country with the Ijaws, I'm asking perhaps we Nigeria breaks up, we need a round table talk on the way foward for Opobo and Bonny, if we go out rightly and annex them, odds are in our favour to win but at what cost, isn't it better we chose talks and compromise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
kmcutez:

Well, that is the official map. All that territory belongs to Benin.
It was the official map up until 1970, I the only place I know about Benin is in Edo State, I don't remember Benin ever crossing Edo
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
kmcutez:

Even Ahaoda in Rivers state is part of Benin.
Next time we shall discuss our boundaries with Benin, Today is Ijaw, Anioma is Igbo and we are not negotiating it,
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Why don't you get that I'm not asking to form a country with them, I'm asking how do we settle common ground most specifically Opobo and Bonny, are they ready to make it a matter of militarization or are they ready for both sides to make compromises it is that simple. We don't have a common ground with any other people.
There is nothing to settle about Opobo and Bonny, they have never been part of any Igbo kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
There is nothing to settle about Opobo and Bonny, they have never been part of any Igbo kingdom.
Then, we may agree to disagree becuase the closest you can get is a peaceful Refendum in both towns, or you risk losing both if it becomes a matter of invasive context
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Which kin useless map is this. What is the name of the Igbo towns in that long line over there in your map? I've been to Bonny and Opobo before, is only on Nairaland I do hear Igbos claiming those two places

If you have been to those places before, you won't be opening this kin thread

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Which kin useless map is this. What is the name of the Igbo towns in that long line over there in your map? I've been to Bonny and Opobo before, is only on Nairaland I do hear Igbos claiming those two places

If you have been to those places before, you won't be opening this kin thread
Fortunately I have opened it, the long line is Imo River, and apparently no one asked your opinion on that, you can't be a judge in your own case, you still have them in your own map and we have them in our own, if you are not confident enough to go the options of a peaceful Refendum or compromise then we run it in our terms
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Then, we may agree to disagree becuase the closest you can get is a peaceful Refendum in both towns, or you risk losing both if it becomes a matter of invasive context
Lol

I'm talking to you base on facts on ground, you dey write rubbish.

I've been to Bonny and Opobo, no be internet talk be this wey I dey talk. There is never a time have seen the people of those places claiming to be Igbos.

There are no Igbo towns within Bonny and Opobo sef. If you know of Igbo towns located within Bonny and Opobo, you can give us the names of this igbo towns.

Is so funny the way some of you that have not been to this two locations open your mouth and talk on thier behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Fortunately I have opened it, the long line is Imo River, and apparently no one asked your opinion on that, you can't be a judge in your own case, you still have them in your own map and we have them in our own, if you are not confident enough to go the options of a peaceful Refendum or compromise then we run it in our terms
I'm not an Ijaw boy. I've worked in Rivers state before. So you dey claim imo rivers abi? Is just like Niger Republic claiming River Niger in Nigeria grin

Under international law, no country can invade another country, sanctions will be unleash on such a country.

This talk of referendum sef, it can be decided by Igbos from the South East, or are the people of Bonny and Opobo asking for referendum?
Some of you people are just daft.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Lol

I'm talking to you base on facts on ground, you dey write rubbish.

I've been to Bonny and Opobo, no be internet talk be this wey I dey talk. There is never a time have seen the people of those places claiming to be Igbos.

There are no Igbo towns within Bonny and Opobo sef. If you know of Igbo towns located within Bonny and Opobo, you can give us the names of this igbo towns.

Is so funny the way some of you that have not been to this two locations open your mouth and talk on thier behalf.

Oga who asked you for all these epistles, you said there are no Igbos there and I said there are Igbos there, why not go to court when the time is right if you want peace, well if you don't want peace then we shall be more than happy to run it in our terms
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I'm not an Ijaw boy. I've worked in Rivers state before. So you dey claim imo rivers abi? Is just like Niger Republic claiming River Niger in Nigeria grin

Under international law, no country can invade another country, sanctions will be unleash on such a country.

This talk of referendum sef, it can be decided by Igbos from the South East, or are the people of Bonny and Opobo asking for referendum?
Some of you people are just daft.
If the Igbos in the South East invade Opobo for instance then You Ijaws come to defend her, it will be chaotic, no one takes a permission before invasion, that would not be the first time in history that an invasion or annexation took place, the question is are they going to fight to stop such invasion or they will just give in, are the Ijaws also willing to defend Opobo? That's the question no one cares apparently you can have your wish but the might shall have the way
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Your Village would be considered and carved out once the real things take shape, however if it an Igbo dominated area and the mix up is too complex your village shall get a Refendum

No Igbo speaking people in my village. All land is owned by my family.
Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

Oga who asked you for all these epistles, you said there are no Igbos there and I said there are Igbos there, why not go to court when the time is right if you want peace, well if you don't want peace then we shall be more than happy to run it in our terms
You're one of the most dullest and dumb Nairaland I have ever come across grin

You are claiming parts of imo river that pass through ijaws and other clans territory as Igbo land, is it because is called Imo river? grin

Before you get to Opobo, you will pass through Ijaw territory, after you leave Opobo, you will only see Ijaw territories. There is no single Igbo village within Opobo not to talk of Bonny.

I'm talking to you base on facts, make you stop all this your ignorance talk on top Nairaland, you fit go dey talk this your propaganda with fellow Igbos for Alaigbo not here on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
AlexBells:

If the Igbos in the South East invade Opobo for instance then You Ijaws come to defend her, it will be chaotic, no one takes a permission before invasion, that would not be the first time in history that an invasion or annexation took place, the question is are they going to fight to stop such invasion or they will just give in, are the Ijaws also willing to defend Opobo? That's the question no one cares apparently you can have your wish but the might shall have the way
You keep talking like an ignorant person. How will the Igbos get to Opobo to successfully invade it? Do you even know how far Opobo is to PH sef?

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
You're one of the most dullest and dumb Nairaland I have ever come across grin

You are claiming parts of imo river that pass through ijaws and other clans territory as Igbo land, is it because is called Imo river? grin

Before you get to Opobo, you will pass through Ijaw territory, after you leave Opobo, you will only see Ijaw territories. There is no single Igbo village within Opobo not to talk of Bonny.

I'm talking to you base on facts, make you stop all this your ignorance talk on top Nairaland, you fit go dey talk this your propaganda with fellow Igbos for Alaigbo not here on Nairaland

All I’m seeing is Ogoni territory. Are the Ogonis Ijaw?

1 Like

Re: Ijaws and Igbos May End Up forming a Country Together Post Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
kmcutez:

All I’m seeing is Ogoni territory. Are the Ogonis Ijaw?
Are the Ogonis Igbos? Is Kalabiama Ijaw or Ogoni territory? Your map no dey show names of lots of towns between Ogoni land and Opobo.

See, I lived and work around those axis for some months. There is no talk of them been an Igbo, I'm always so shock when I see all this kin useless and baseless talk on Nairaland.

Go to Opobo yourself, and stop showing your ignorance on Nairaland.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mega Mansion And Estate Video:Emefiele Mansion Vs Oshiomhole Mansion / Gbenga Daniel Names Spotted In Buhari Ministerial List / IPOB Denies Killing, Kidnapping Monarchs In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.