Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

What's So Special About Getting Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Getting Married? (23051 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Gotmeplaii(m): 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Not being lonely
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by LesbianBoy(m): 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Stupid question angry
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
sad
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by MarveworldG: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
K
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by tivhador: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Absolutely Nothing

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by ayo2008: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?

He that find a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour from the Lord.

Two are better one!

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by BigBashiru: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?

Being stuck with one woman for the rest of ur life? Nah il pass.

Marriage is crap even with the "right woman".

Each person should decide/ define what marriage means to them - it doesn't hv to be church marriage. It could just be an agreement

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
I don't see anything special in it..
it's special to "some" cos it's the beginning of starting a family..
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by SenecaTheYonger: 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Legal sex for one
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by lexy2014: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

You that is married, how far?
Are you any happier?
Uchu!

its the same thing...dwelling on the negatives

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Hayee(f): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
You can never know until you get married it varies for everyone wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by femi4: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:

It's worth it. When you know that people look up to you, you LL live and act more responsibly.

2. It remains the best platform to raise, shape and mould responsible children

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by lastchild: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
it's only in this part of the world that marriage is a big deal. I've lived in Spain (Madrid) a white woman crave for a dick to service her and a companion more than a marriage.

If she's happy in that relationship, no need for marriage

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by bluefilm: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage is bullshît.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Amjos: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage comes with a fulfillment and purpose. Two people coming together should know that they have a purpose for doing this. So marriage is not all about romance, good food or whatever but all about fulfilling a specific purpose (achieving the same goal). A purpose driven marriage is all I am talking about here. Just my opinion.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
For men: Nothing special !!! marriage reduces life span !!!

Headache

Prostrate cancer

Low sperm count

Waist pain

Body ache

High blood pressure

Then stroke and then six feet

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Prenonjebose: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:

It's special if you find the special person who puts a smile on your face
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by spiritedtete: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
It not just a fulfillment... but an ordained destiny by the Universe... for every living thing on earth... it is one of the most complete achievement in every living thing circle.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Noshitboi(m): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
redcliff:
free nacks, cuddles and companionship. outside this three, nothing else for men
Lies! The knacking wey go tire u sef
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Mvena(f): 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Talk go plenty here, make I moveeee
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by B2Bmen: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Imagine the daily routine of a woman. Especially those who are not working.

Wake up early ( when youre not ready)
Prep the children for school.
Prepare their food breakfast.
If hubby is nice, he'll help drop them off otherwise, you do the school runs.

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Get ready to prepare lunch.
Then before you know it, it's time to go pick the kids.
Come back, freshen them up.
Serve them
Attend to their home work.

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Imagine if you're a working Mom and now have to combine all these with work...

Now tell me what will make a single viewing all these want to get married?

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!!
Forget all that fake smile they wear when they come out. They are not happy

Even the men are not 100% fulfilled. Responsibility wan break their neck.

Let's tell ourselves the truth. Even if you're rich, it's still not that easy.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Man: ori e ko pe. why did you come? You should have remained at work"

Hmmm... So much hype about marriage. Abegi!

oya no marry na, u know they is no benefit you still dey ask us.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Bigredmachine: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
marriage no be by force
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by rickyrex(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Favfables1:

Haba na!!!
You can get all this things even without getting married ...

And besides sef, a lot of married couples lack one or more of what you listed on their homes...

How many couples do you see kissing in public and how frequent ((public display of love))??
you can't not get it all... Been single that's the fact. And talking about kissing in public we have culture and that must be respected
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Etuagievin(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=Mercychen post=107540941]To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Serve them

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Marriage is a choice. Those who chose to marry gave tribulations according to the scriptures. But amidst the trouble lies joy beyond measure
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Don't mind all these fuckers. Life is more enjoyable when u are single than married. I know a of people that are married but in bondage

so u dont no anyone who is in marriage but not in bondage?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Get married and get out of this country with your wife. If you have a lucrative or government job settle down. Cost of living here is something else. Prices of this and that are just increasing like mad.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Legendoo: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Itsrm(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nothing. You guys should stop asking stupid questions. If you don't want to get married, stay single
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by NarcissistKing(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage? Not worth it.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Tomahawk99(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Free fvck is definitely one.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by 8stargeneral: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Serve them

That's d nature of life..life routine..if ur single u will still do some of those things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'How My Husband Stripped Me Unclad Before Herbalist' / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat / Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.