Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

What's So Special About Getting Married? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Getting Married? (23050 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Hahahaha hahahaha Lwkmd. Everything you said is true. I am a married man and I must tell u quickly that what u described is a family that's a little comfortable and has some money to sort things. If not that am busy I would have created time to discribe a typical Nigerian home with little or no finance, it's even worst for those that lacks money.

That's why till today I admired the igbos so much, although most Igbo men marry late, when they do, they make sure there's enough money to carter for the family, and by extension, thier wife's relations. All these things u mention, whether u want to believe it or not, can be made easier with money, u agree with me right? Conclusively, marriage is sweet, sweeter and sweetest when there's money.

Yeah i agree with you that to some extent it's sweet when there's money.

Thanks for understanding.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Mexyz(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
odogwunaija:
Absolutely nothing special about it bro.
Nothing special at all. How I wish marriage comes with expiry date
Sorry for this question Sir,
Are you married?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Lightway: 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

You that is married, how far?
Are you any happier?
Uchu!

That story you told is a lie
Please don't die single

Marriage is beautiful.

Invite me for your wedding Abeg
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by FX(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

Are you any happier?
Uchu!

Omo you're on point. I always frown at people getting married even though I'm married.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lightway:

That story you told is a lie
Please don't die single

Marriage is beautiful.

Invite me for your wedding Abeg

Where did I state I will remain single in my comments?

Story!
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?
baby Mama is the way
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Amos1423(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

You are a suffering soul. You're not happy.
Free yourself from all negativity so that you can be happy.

Count your blessings and not kids dullard!

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
FX:
Omo you're on point. I always frown at people getting married even though I'm married.

Don't mind them. Lots of pretenders here.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Mexyz(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
edunaragold:
No marry stay there ,when u begin sending another woman pikin message ,and she worns u never to send her child again ,and u feel bad,that's when u will discover there is joy in marriage
Hian, so your own orientation about marriage is so that you have your own children to send on errands?
Wonders shocked
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Rolly22(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Are you any happier?
Uchu!

You no get single Joy ohh,Lmao
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Amos1423(m): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Miarose:
She may not be as wretched as you are. Frustration is eating up your soul. Chill out bros.
Love and light..

Universal Ode. What's the economic advantage of kids you all keep encouraging. Your mates be thinking innovation, you'd be in a dungeon as Nigeria thinking about counting kids as blessings. Asshole!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?

In Africa you are considered irresponsible if you are not married. No matter how successful you could be, your success is not complete till you have a family of your own. Even on my birthday people will call me and tell me: don't you think it's better someone celebrate it with you? Let someone celebrate your birthday with you.

People will not take you serious on some issues till you are married.

Spiritually, there is a blessing in marriage and fulfilment(marrying the wrong person you are on your own o).
But biblically, it's no a must that we all should be married. But if you must remain single, also stop fornicating.
You can't tell me that you hate marriage and you don't want to marry but you are going around sleeping with women up and down and producing children.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Asour: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
dchem:
You have not married before and therefore not really in a position to speak about the specialty of marriage. Allow the married or divorced ones answer. All you are saying are either what you perceive, heard or watched, and not what you experienced.

Marriage for me is special as it gives me a sense of purpose. Also when I am down I have someone I can confide in and she listens to me. Marriage is special for those of us who are not selfish. Truly its not a compulsory affair as not everyone can stay married. Like everything in life marriage also has its challenges but that does not in anyway invalidate its specialty.

The major thing Op should be concerned about is to marry for the right reasons. Then it becomes special. My first requirement for marriage is marry him or her if she possess something no other person can give you. Sex, food, beauty can be gotten from so many a place but you see "peace, purpose, companionship etc. They are rare. Once you marry for the right reason and also understand what marriage truly is I am sure it will remain special for ever.

I have been married for 5 years now with 2 kids and truly I would marry my wife over and over again.

Even the "marriage" don't necessarily have a greater edge here (they have a slight edge but not much). Why? Because their experiences, good or bad is a single data point. In statistics, that hardly enough to make useful decisions.

Marriage is great, God instituted it but I am afraid it involves sacrifices & responsibilities to have it great. And even that's no guarantee with an uncompromising partner!

No choice is bad. Everyone can make theirs without discounting others' choices.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Mariangeles(f): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Amos1423:

Count your blessings and not kids dullard!

You're not happy.
Try to be happy.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Lightway: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Where did I state I will remain single in my comments?

Story!

Then why are you discouraging other people.

You're a wicked soul
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Wahala be like Mercychen and marriage grin grin grin

Don't marry, don't marry, don't marry! cheesy

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!! grin

I dom tire for Mercychen on this nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by ogomilekan: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Amos1423(m): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

You're not happy.
Try to be happy.

I am not surprised you have comprehension issues neither am I the cause of your half baked education, try and learn how the world works outside thinking of sex, kids and all f*ckery
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by AvalonSpace(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
That thing na big stress! The only advantage is that, it's a way of continuing your lineage, that's all..

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by emsco(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Imagine the daily routine of a woman. Especially those who are not working.

Wake up early ( when youre not ready)
Prep the children for school.
Prepare their food breakfast.
If hubby is nice, he'll help drop them off otherwise, you do the school runs.

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Get ready to prepare lunch.
Then before you know it, it's time to go pick the kids.
Come back, freshen them up.
Serve them
Attend to their home work.

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Imagine if you're a working Mom and now have to combine all these with work...

Now tell me what will make a single viewing all these want to get married?

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!!
Forget all that fake smile they wear when they come out. They are not happy

Even the men are not 100% fulfilled. Responsibility wan break their neck.

Let's tell ourselves the truth. Even if you're rich, it's still not that easy.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Man: ori e ko pe. why did you come? You should have remained at work"

Hmmm... So much hype about marriage. Abegi!

If you like say this negative side of marriages forever, I will still marry and mine will work out.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by godofuck231: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
A boy of 18 will tell you publicly to sit down and you would have to because at 50 you are still single , in age you are senior but socially especially in marriage you have no experience
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Acesexcell(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Acesexcell:
the most accurate comment so far. It will come a stage in a life of every human being, living alone without partner would become a nightmare you wouldn't want to experience anymore.
Mariangeles:
The most special thing about marriage is true companionship. It transcends having regular sex and eating homemade food.

One thing humans fear the most is being and dying alone.
the most accurate comment so far. It will come a stage in a life of every human being, living alone without partner would become a nightmare you wouldn't want to experience anymore.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by almarthins(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
wordapostle:
Peace
Companion
Access to good food
Healthy environment
Unconditional love
Public display of love

Oga let me ask you one question: what is chasing you ?

The list u make get as e be.
Companion: na tree u fall from so d person no get beta family.

Access to good food: haba! Na hunger go make person go marry ni? Abi food no dey there house b4?

Public display of love: i don't know what u meant by this. But I don see person wey go love him wife publicly but privately na torment him dey give d woman.

Unconditional love: may God not test you, na dat time we go wether ur lovey dovey na true. Pray make devil no catch you.

Healthy environment: you funny, I no go lie. You still dey home econs for school grin
U too funny
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by AROMA1975: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Because is ordained by God
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Toks2008(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
There's no true companionship in polygamy.

You are Clueless.

With polygamy a man will have undisturbed companionship... If one lady starts acting up, he will simply find succour with another..

And if the wives are cooperative, he will have sweet 3some at will... Abeg which Companionship sweet pass this type?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Bosch10(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Serve them

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

that is the sacrifice that comes with marriage.i tell you,if you marry the right person,you will discover that it's worth the stress.

As a single lady,you need companionship for several reasons
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Bamzyriches451: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage!!
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by favy19(f): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Serve them

lol e choke them
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by orijo1980: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage is some thing special for special people but my dear is u mistakenly marry a halord ur life will be full of regret
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Almunjid(m): 7:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Are you any happier?
Uchu!

Every thing seems to be wrong with the way we reason in this generation.
Virtue is being ridiculed while vice is rewarded.
If marriage is hyped to u, I'm sure u will believe or agree with the pastor that said that Adultery/fornication is not a sin.
Same way people don't longer see any use in acquiring wealth legally. They give flimsy and Ill reasoning to justify prostituting, defrauding or killing people including their parents just for money.

You're enumerating challenges faced by married people as if single men and women are without any challenge. Some guys refused to marry but got killed by their girlfriends or prostitutes.
Marriage simply legalizes the relationship between u and ur partner. Marriage means that a man/woman finds u worthy and needs u beyond sex and procreation.

I understand how u feel. You're only trying to apply a defense mechanism to justify ur marital status. U sound like a lady who's been through a lot and yet to find any guy that finds her worthy. U may keep writing whatever makes u happy. Many single and frustrated people use social media to blow off some steams, you're no different either. Lol

By the way, did u know that you and other anti marriage Nairalanders are also hyping "singleness" through ur submissions?

Peace!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Broveens42(m): 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Who invented the word marriage ?
I think humans were programmed to mate anybody they are attracted to(going into the world to multiply) but powerful humans reprogrammed it as an institution(marriage)

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Exczz: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'How My Husband Stripped Me Unclad Before Herbalist' / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat / Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.