Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

What's So Special About Getting Married? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Getting Married? (23056 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by doggedfighter(f): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
MoneyTrees:

Are you in any way related to doggedfighter (f)
You bear some resemblance

MoneyTrees, why are you mentioning me?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

I don't know why everyone misunderstood my comment to mean that marriage is bad or that people should not get married.

That's not what I meant.

Op asked what's special about marriage and I cited those instances and reasons to buttress my point that there's nothing special about marriage. That It's just the same everyday normal stressful ( if not worst) life you'll still be living when you get married.
So no difference

I never said no one should get married.

Any woman who didn't get a ring,commitment and the last name of the man she respects, admires and loves... LOST IN LIFE AND SHE'S A FAILURE
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Perilsofmankind:
Stop confusing marriage and raising children

Raising kids is a choice

Are children not part of the marriage? Isn't it what makes marriage a total package?

Mind you, only a few see it as a choice. Majority will eat shit just to have children.

Children are a blessing and a must have in marriage. Especially African marriages.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

Any woman who didn't get a ring,commitment and the last name of the man she respects, admires and loves... LOST IN LIFE AND SHE'S A FAILURE

Your warped opinion.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Hathor5(f): 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
ImaIma1:

Very apt.

And people will view marriage differently. Some will see it as stress, some as an achievement, some as satisfaction, etc.

There are pessimist that will see only the stressful parts and fail to see the joy and fulfillment it gives.

As you said marrying the right person makes it all better.

There is something called confirmation bias meaning that we get to see what we believe. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Raalsalghul: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

You don come again: you and this your extremism.

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by seyz91(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nice write up!
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Imagine the daily routine of a woman. Especially those who are not working.

Wake up early ( when youre not ready)
Prep the children for school.
Prepare their food breakfast.
If hubby is nice, he'll help drop them off otherwise, you do the school runs.

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Get ready to prepare lunch.
Then before you know it, it's time to go pick the kids.
Come back, freshen them up.
Serve them
Attend to their home work.

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Imagine if you're a working Mom and now have to combine all these with work...

Now tell me what will make a single viewing all these want to get married?

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!!
Forget all that fake smile they wear when they come out. They are not happy

Even the men are not 100% fulfilled. Responsibility wan break their neck.

Let's tell ourselves the truth. Even if you're rich, it's still not that easy.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Man: ori e ko pe. why did you come? You should have remained at work"

Hmmm... So much hype about marriage. Abegi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by qtguru(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

For western societies?, u must be very delusional

Why would it be harder there ? , when there's good job prospect and health care and Govt that uses tax well, seems you don't know much about about families outside the country. Expand more

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by qtguru(m): 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

For western societies?, u must be very delusional

I know alot of families in Canada and other countries school fees is handled by the Government till university, you can own your house and work, so how is that society a problem compared to Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by mastermaestro(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

You that is married, how far?
Are you any happier?
Uchu!

I pity whoever is going to end up with you like this. You have a damaged mind already. You need to fix it by undergoing serious counselling if any man is going to live you with at all, and or for long. sad
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Miarose: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage is not for everyone. Some people crave it, some don't. The problem is that our society expects marriage from everyone. Just dont go into it if you are not convinced to avoid frustration.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
mastermaestro:

I pity whoever is going to end up with you like this. You have a damaged mind already. You need to fix it by undergoing serious counselling if any man is going to live you with at all, and or for long. sad

It doesn't change the fact that most married people are not happy and have discovered ( late) that there's nothing special about marriage.

Lamenting won't change anything. Once you're in, no escape. Be you who!
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
qtguru:

I know alot of families in Canada and other countries school fees is handled by the Government till university, you can own your house and work, so how is that society a problem compared to Nigeria ?

How's the divorce rates in Canada please?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Munzy14(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
It's worth it if you find the right person and you have also worked on yourself to be the right person, too.
Full stop.

No addition, no subtraction.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
qtguru:

Why would it be harder there ? , when there's good job prospect and health care and Govt that uses tax well, seems you don't know much about about families outside the country. Expand more

Societies where women are first class citizens and men are second class citizens
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Raalsalghul:

You don come again: you and this your extremism.

Just stating natural facts
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by qtguru(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

How's the divorce rates in Canada please?

Wetin concern us, we are talking about African Marriage in Foreign land not Canadian Marriage divorce rate. The country here makes marriage hard, because a man is financially responsible for a lot and there's no benefit for household from Government. Outside Nigeria you can live a stable life and get services. Nigeria is stressful for couples
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by MoneyTrees(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
doggedfighter:

MoneyTrees, why are you mentioning me?
It's good to say it if you mean it
I missed you that's why cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by mastermaestro(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

It doesn't change the fact that most married people are not happy and have discovered ( late) that there's nothing special about marriage.

Lamenting won't change anything. Once you're in, no escape. Be you who!

Rid yourself of bitterness. sad
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by qtguru(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

Societies where women are first class citizens and men are second class citizens

angry sorry but I'm talking about Marriage in a sane society not some RP Discussion. Though I agree the Government tends to side with women, but that's not enough phobia to sit out from the benefits of Western society to African Household. Divorce rate amongst Nigerians is still the lowest compared to other races. If you want to control your wife and ensure you're not financially robbed by your partner yes but I doubt most couples think about this RP Philosohpy

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by lookingfly: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Loxleyy:
1. You get a companion...sha e get some wey na thugs.

2. Free Sex till you tire grin

wetin be free sex...... Don't the man pay bills?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
qtguru:

Wetin concern us, we are talking about African Marriage in Foreign land not Canadian Marriage divorce rate. The country here makes marriage hard, because a man is financially responsible for a lot and there's no benefit for household from Government. Outside Nigeria you can live a stable life and get services. Nigeria is stressful for couples

How's the divorce rate in Canada??
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
qtguru:

angry sorry but I'm talking about Marriage in a sane society not some RP Discussion

Only fools marry and have children in western societies sha
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by qtguru(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEMZEE:

Only fools marry and have children in western societies sha

Well there are alot of fools in the world if that's the case.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
mastermaestro:

Rid yourself of bitterness. sad

I'm not bitter. If you know me in real life, I'm the happiest and most peaceful person. cheesy.

It's you who sound bitter.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by mastermaestro(m): 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

I'm not bitter. If you know me in real life, I'm the happiest and most peaceful person. cheesy.

It's you who sound bitter.

The fake mask of happiness is for the undiscerning. Rid yourself of bitterness, I repeat. sad
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by aimmoney9: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Married or not you will still die alone, nobody is going to die your die
Know this and know peace grin grin grin
Mariangeles:
The most special thing about marriage is true companionship. It transcends having regular sex and eating homemade food.

One thing humans fear the most is being and dying alone.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by aimmoney9: 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mstick:
Marriage is beautiful if you marry the right person.
Treat the right person right.
Don't let people's opinions shape your home.
Respect each other.
Take time out every week to enjoy yourselves. Don't have more kids than you can take care of.
Enjoy each other's company
No third party in anyway.
Do you have all these in yours there is no perfect marriage
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Aguiyimba(m): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Quick death
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Pharaohny: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

You that is married, how far?
Are you any happier?
Uchu!

You bust my laughter angry grin cheesy shocked embarassed cool

Anyway no one can drag us into the hell of a marriage
The question that needs to be asked why always Africa, we play so much emphasis on marriage as if our eternity depends on it , you see a man just secure a 50k job the boom the next thing is marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pharaohny:

You bust my laughter angry grin cheesy shocked embarassed cool

Anyway no one can drag us into the hell of a marriage
The question that needs to be asked why always Africa, we play so much emphasis on marriage as if our eternity depends on it , you see a man just secure a 50k job the boom the next thing is marriage

Don't mind them.

Most of them don't think about it before they jumped into it.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by zed7: 1:00am On Nov 13, 2021
Mercychen:

The same way this grammar consoles you in the trap you got yourself into a and can come out or speak out for fear of what society will tag you.

You talk too much. Classic case of low self esteem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'How My Husband Stripped Me Unclad Before Herbalist' / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat / Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.