Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

What's So Special About Getting Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Getting Married? (23063 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Kokaine(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Imagine the daily routine of a woman. Especially those who are not working.

Wake up early ( when youre not ready)
Prep the children for school.
Prepare their food breakfast.
If hubby is nice, he'll help drop them off otherwise, you do the school runs.

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Get ready to prepare lunch.
Then before you know it, it's time to go pick the kids.
Come back, freshen them up.
Serve them
Attend to their home work.

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Imagine if you're a working Mom and now have to combine all these with work...

Now tell me what will make a single viewing all these want to get married?

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!!
Forget all that fake smile they wear when they come out. They are not happy

Even the men are not 100% fulfilled. Responsibility wan break their neck.

Let's tell ourselves the truth. Even if you're rich, it's still not that easy.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Man: ori e ko pe. why did you come? You should have remained at work"

Hmmm... So much hype about marriage. Abegi!

but you will marry right? Because all this una debate nobody for understand am. Na women full shiloh
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by yahmohy27: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

In fact all these things you listed are lacking in most marriages I know.

Ive heard some complain that since they got married and started having children, theyve never had a good sleep. So where's the peace?

Some are married but the company level they offer each other is zero.

Not all married couples enjoy good food always or even have the luxury or skills to provide that for their spouses. I know of a man that his wife will be cooking at home and he'll carry plate to mama Togo to buy food. The woman has cried, fought and complained, still the man no send. Still does it till today.

Anybody can live in a healthy environment both singles. I wonder why anyone would wait until they are married before living in a healthy environment though.

As for public display of love. If that is the reason why anyone wants to get married, then that's childish and the person doesn't understand the essence of marriage because when the nitti-gritti of marriage starts hitting them left right and center, they won't even remember to move as a couple any longer.

So??...
So because some people lack those things means no body can have them or enjoy them even more than that?
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Alldew: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=Mercychen post=107540941]To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Serve them

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Even if you don't want to get married,you should try having a child. The stress of raising a child is worth it I tell you. Nothing makes me more happy than seeing my boy grow. Like you can't just describe the feeling. And you have someone to be there for you at old age.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?
that's what they do. Nowadays except you have money or you're just famous, the only time people will give 2 figs about you, especially on social media, is when you post that you're getting married.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Mariangeles(f): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Toks2008:

You are Clueless.

With polygamy a man will have undisturbed companionship... If one lady starts acting up, he will simply find succour with another..

And if the wives are cooperative, he will have sweet 3some at will... Abeg which Companionship sweet pass this type?

Hey gawd! cheesy

No offense, but you’re the clueless one.
You don’t know the meaning of true companionship.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:
To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Serve them

honestly. The stress is 10 much. Maybe I'd just adopt a girl child once I'm approaching my 40s.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Arieljay(f): 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

You that is married, how far?
Are you any happier?
Uchu!

it's the uchu!!!for me cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by kay29000(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Serve them

Lol! I feel like turning this your post to a short story... I could see everything in my mind's eye as I read.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by MoneyTrees(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
pocohantas:

Well, except we are talking of Nairaland guys. grin

I agree with everything you said.

Lol @ found love. cheesy
Are you in any way related to doggedfighter (f)
You bear some resemblance
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Toks2008(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

Hey gawd! cheesy

No offense, but you’re the clueless one.
You don’t know the meaning of true companionship.

Make we rest the matter.

Believe what you want of that will make you sleep well at night.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Miarose: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
You have to default to insults due to your very low IQ. Learn to communicate better, its a very valuable skill for success. Dont let poverty tighten its hold on you.

Love and light.
Amos1423:

Universal Ode. What's the economic advantage of kids you all keep encouraging. Your mates be thinking innovation, you'd be in a dungeon as Nigeria thinking about counting kids as blessings. Asshole!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by RealPMer(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
[Thank you o]

Haba na!!!
You can get all this things even without getting married ...

And besides sef, a lot of married couples lack one or more of what you listed on their homes...

How many couples do you see kissing in public and how frequent ((public display of love))??[/quote]
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Saintinoo(m): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?
Not trying to look down on you, and I believe you might be older than I am but when you grow to a certain age you will understand why marriage is important. though one should get married to the right person.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Newboss(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Loxleyy:
1. You get a companion...sha e get some wey na thugs.

2. Free Sex till you tire grin

Which sex? Na rape you go dey rape her ni?
Marriage is the last place you can find good sex.

All you'll get is blackmail any time you talk about sex. The matter go even reach Nairaland.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Raalsalghul: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
HBB1:

Bullshit!

Absolute bullshit!
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by InvertedHammer: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:

/

Imagine having goods in the shop and nobody come price your market.

That's how single ladies feel. It is like total rejection from humanity.

/
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Raalsalghul: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Amos1423:

Thunder fire your head there! You go come count children wey dem dey born for Nigeria as blessings when you dey struggle on how much salary? It's no blessing but you bringing another soul to this traphole called Nigeria.

Weting dey do Nigerians sef abeg!

Lol!

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
truthsayer009:
Wahala be like Mercychen and marriage grin grin grin

Don't marry, don't marry, don't marry! cheesy

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!! grin

I dom tire for Mercychen on this nairaland grin

Kokaine:
but you will marry right? Because all this una debate nobody for understand am. Na women full shiloh

emsco:

If you like say this negative side of marriages forever, I will still marry and mine will work out.

Bosch10:
that is the sacrifice that comes with marriage.i tell you,if you marry the right person,you will discover that it's worth the stress.

As a single lady,you need companionship for several reasons

I don't know why everyone misunderstood my comment to mean that marriage is bad or that people should not get married.

That's not what I meant.

Op asked what's special about marriage and I cited those instances and reasons to buttress my point that there's nothing special about marriage. That It's just the same everyday normal stressful ( if not worst) life you'll still be living when you get married.
So no difference

I never said no one should get married.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by wordapostle(m): 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
For some of you quoting me, you need to know that you don't have to agree with me. I wrote my reality.

Every body's reason for getting married must not be same, I have lots of reason for marrying when I did

Outside the fact my wife possess must of my desire in a woman.

Some of you that quoted me said until the issues marriage kicks in than I will understand marriage and probably know that most of the things I listed can be gotten as a second man. Lol this is my 8 years in marriage.

What I will say is that if you want a reason to settle down in marriage you will find and if you also want a reason to be single for life you will also get them plenty, so leave my reason alone, it may not be reasonable for you but thats my reality.
RealPMer:
[Thank you o]

Haba na!!!
You can get all this things even without getting married ...

And besides sef, a lot of married couples lack one or more of what you listed on their homes...

How many couples do you see kissing in public and how frequent ((public display of love))??

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Ayomivic(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:

What is special about marriage?

Marriage is special because it was ordained by God.

Any man without woman he married is not completed. He is half of himself but when he married he became full

You can't call yourself man when you don't have woman as wife because having wife made us know good you are . If you can leave with woman without curreling, feeding her and make her happy always tell much about you. It shows you can be leader in society

Marriage is special because having children who are your biological children gave you pictures of yourself. If you don't know much about your infant day . Seen your own biological son speaking, running around makes you happy.

Marriage is special because you have someone who is ready , who can't deceive you that will share your happiness and pains.

Seen your wife and children happy makes you untop of the world.

If God give you and your partner good health and both of you are sincere and God gives you money , you can have all you want to send your children to school you want, eat whatever you wants, they leave healthy that you see them and you are happy and you are able to train them on the part of God. My friends marriage is sweet.

If you don't have money to feed your mouth not to talk of another person. Life not marriage alone is difficult and agony.

God please give me money, to take good care of all my love ones
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Polynek(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Na wen u reach 80yrs
Dax wen u will understand the importance of marriage not even sex bcoz sex is enjoyed during the youthful day's.
But in ur old age wat u need most is companionship
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by ImaIma1(f): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hathor5:

Who is they? The people who say marriage is not important are probably not the same people who talk down on unmarried people so I see no hypocrisy here.

Whether she is getting married in her 30s or 20s people will congratulate her because under normal circumstances an upcoming wedding is a happy occasion. It means that someone has found love which is wonderful, isn't it?

Personally, I believe that Nigerians 'hype' marriage too much but I agree that being married to the right person can be a beautiful experience.

Very apt.

And people will view marriage differently. Some will see it as stress, some as an achievement, some as satisfaction, etc.

There are pessimist that will see only the stressful parts and fail to see the joy and fulfillment it gives.

As you said marrying the right person makes it all better.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by ravensckar(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
For me, the first special thing about marriage is that you now have people who care deeply about you and whom you care for. You'll no longer act recklessly or without a second thought of the aftermath.

Secondly, companionship. I and my wife are like buddies. We share everything together; good times & bad times. Seeing her beautiful face, hearing her soft voice and touching her sexy body washes away all my troubles. wink wink

Thirdly, raising my children is a thing of great joy to me. Whenever I look at how cute and intelligent they are, I forget all my troubles. Especially when people compliment them on their appearance and good behaviour, an overflowing joy runs through my heart.

Fourtly, the lack of routine is something special. In marriage, it's not always rossy or stormy. Some days are rossy, some days are stormy. That variety alone is the spice of life. As I type, I and my wife are forming quarrel with each other. Yet, here I am speaking wonderfully about her. cheesy cheesy

Nothing is comparable to being married to the right person jare!

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by deebrownneymar: 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
OP sounds jealous
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by HajiaNotu: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage is the best if you get married to someone that appreciate and respects you..

Someone that brings out your best version and vice versa...

Someone you are happy with and also happy with you.

It's better to remain single if you haven't found the person.

Don't ever trade your Happiness or Peace of Mind for Marriage(If you won't get it there)

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by zed7: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Serve them

Lol, if all these grammar consoles you about being single and makes you sleep at night, then fine. Marriage is bliss for those who know why they married.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by qtguru(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Serve them

Marriage in Nigeria is stressful, outside Nigeria e sweet die,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
zed7:

Lol, if all these grammar consoles you about being single and makes you sleep at night, then fine. Marriage is bliss for those who know why they married.

The same way this grammar consoles you in the trap you got yourself into a and can come out or speak out for fear of what society will tag you.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arieljay:
it's the uchu!!!for me cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

grin tongue grin
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Perilsofmankind: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Stop confusing marriage and raising children

Raising kids is a choice
Mercychen:

The same way this grammar consoles you in the trap you got yourself into a and can come out or speak out for fear of what society will tag you.

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Kokaine(m): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

I don't know why everyone misunderstood my comment to mean that marriage is bad or that people should not get married.

That's not what I meant.

Op asked what's special about marriage and I cited those instances and reasons to buttress my point that there's nothing special about marriage. That It's just the same everyday normal stressful ( if not worst) life you'll still be living when you get married.
So no difference

I never said no one should get married.

Don't let em fool ya.

There are many things special about marriage to the right person. We often underrate companionship until we start ageing. So when ever I see comments from people who don't appreciate marriage, I conclude that the person either never got it right, or the person is still very young and playing around. Stop sitting examples of bad marriages to explain the relevance or not of it. There are many bad cars and bad phones. Many people die in car accidents and many cheat with phones. But we do not try to argue that there is nothing special about telecommunications or transportation. These are very mutually exclusive events and should not even feature in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by DEMZEE(m): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
qtguru:

Marriage in Nigeria is stressful, outside Nigeria e sweet die,

For western societies?, u must be very delusional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? / Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! / 9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.