Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92102 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by FarahAideed: 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.

How did he ruin his life ..He will be ok if he wants to

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by OriOko88(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
I really support that guy..let him damn d consequences.most of tgose female lecturers always think life starts and ends at d four walls of universities. Atleast this kind of scenario will teach som of them lessons. You dont add to d frustration of being a nigerian. Make dem rusticate am make him enter street go bombing or learn skills. Na money all of us dey find. Who certi hep this days..owo ni evrrybody nwa undecided

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
fineboynl:
The guy will come back for that lecturer. Someone has to pay for the demage to his career and someone already have the blame.

If I am the guy that lecturer will pay for it.

What is I have learnt in life. Always avoid be the problem to anyone's career or choice to life. When you are the blame and that thought come to the victim even in years your matter will be remembered.

So, if the guy gets a job and people treat him like the lecturer treat him...he is going to go and beat all of them up?

Plus the lecturer was not terminating his career...all she wanted him to do was to do the SIWES which means he repeats a year...you know like lots of Nigerian graduates who have since gone on to greater things. She was not having him rusticated, or anything...just repeat a measly year.

Plus if she waived him, and he graduated, and then years later there was an investigation and it was found out she allowed a student to graduate without doing SIWES....ie she let a student graduate without fulfilling all the requirements for graduation....do you think the university would let her keep her job? No matter how much she shouts 'mitigating circumstances"? Lecturers have been sacked for less.

Please let us not excuse wrong things abeg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Springboot: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Nice one from that student

The way some of our lecturers behave ehnnnn

They don't want to give you a listening ear at all

Our university are filled with lecturers and professors of hard life

They will torment you...
Project supervisor own na im worse...

Atleast you give the niggarrrr a listening ear first...even if you can't help the situation but just listen first and talk to him like your son....

..moda fuckkking professor hard life and lecturer hard life everywhere......derive pleasure to see students failing and spilling....
You and the other cows that liked your comment definately don't have mothers at home.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jaxxy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Simran94:

She asked him out of her office several times only for him to start threatening her on what she would do if he doesn't leave, "He dealt with it the thug way", now "he's going to suffer the consequences the thug way"

The female psycho mug thrower lecturer should be arrested immediately and suspended if not sacked by the university.

It is clear the violence started from her.

OriOko88:
I really support that guy..let him damn d consequences.most of tgose female lecturers always think life starts and ends at d four walls of universities. Atleast this kind of scenario will teach som of them lessons. You dont add to d frustration of being a nigerian. Make dem rusticate am make him enter street go bombing or learn skills. Na money all of us dey find. Who certi hep this days..owo ni evrrybody nwa undecided

A lecturer has no right to throw anything talkless of a mug at a student. She is definitely not normal.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
GauRanTor:

Because we have a larger percentage of imbeciles like you in this country that is why Nigeria is messed up.

If you still have an atom of brain left you will know that what this guy did to that woman will serve as a reminder to her or other lecturers that students under their care are human being not animals.

RUBBISH!!!
His actions only proved that his arrest by the police previously was actually warranted, this is how that agbero would have beat his boss at his work place if he had ended up going for that SIWES. Who are you to threaten your lecturer by asking what he/she would do if you didn't leave their office? Isn't that a sign of a criminal behavior already? In your years of living, how many times have you heard a student attack his lecturer?

3 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Komu1048(m): 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
sammy329:

https://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/why-i-beat-female-lecturer-to-coma-unilorin-400l-student-speaks

Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat

Some lecturer can frustrate your life, unknown to them that the certificate they issue is valueless. Yet they behave as a demigod, remembered how one stupid lecturer make me stand more than an hour just to sign course form. I suppose beat am sef n I for graduate in time n start my painting business earlier

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by kenzysmith: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away
your lie feel kill goat
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Jman06(m): 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
I wonder what he expected the lecturer to do about the missed SIWES, A 6 credit load course at that. Not even the HOD has the power to waive such course.

I understand that some lecturers can be mean to students sometimes, but in this very case, the lecturer has no blame.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
jaxxy:

The female psycho mug thrower lecturer should be arrested immediately and suspended if not sacked by the university.

It is clear the violence started from her.
Your lecturer asked you to leave their office several times but the next thing you could do was threaten her on what she would do if you didn't leave?

What would you do next if you were the lecturer?

5 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by OriOko88(m): 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
temmythorpee:
Ileya!!! 4 years wasted. Person wey no do reach this one sef, Unilorin send am go im mama house.... Oma se o
Gbagbe bo se sele.. Most of unilorin graduates are half baked. There' was a lady who studied biology from that school ,but could not teach senior classes biology.. Na yoruba she dey teach for that School rt now. Her spoken English too is one of the most incoherent have heard a so called graduate speaks. So who unilorin hep cry

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Okudiover(m): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
backbencher:

So, if the guy gets a job and people treat him like the lecturer treat him...he is going to go and beat all of them up?

Plus the lecturer was not terminating his career...all she wanted him to do was to do the SIWES which means he repeats a year...you know like lots of Nigerian graduates who have since gone on to greater things. She was not having him rusticated, or anything...just repeat a measly year.

Plus if she waived him, and he graduated, and then years later there was an investigation and it was found out she allowed a student to graduate without doing SIWES....ie she let a student graduate without fulfilling all the requirements for graduation....do you think the university would let her keep her job? No matter how she shouted 'mitigating circumstances"? Lecturers have been sacked for less.

Please let us not excuse wrong things abeg.

Are you talking to them?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Bestnoma: 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
AdaNri1:
She threw a mug of water on someone whom unbeknownst to her was a thug.

He dealt with it the thug way

The lady has not said her own side of the story.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by easiest(m): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Na so you waste waste four good year just because you can't control your temper abi.
You are already a lesson to everyone who may want to act like you in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by chrisvic007: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher

Who will rusticate him? Do you know the meaning of rustication?

He would be EXPELLED outrightly. That is not rustication.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Drefaithful(m): 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
The boy don face Tanke already.

You gerrit, if you don't, gbale sa gboju.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Xendre: 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
That is the work of mpkurummiri hard drug is not good at all
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lailo: 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nobody read where she threw mug at him.But will blame the boy.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by OriOko88(m): 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
backbencher:
1.I have a bad temper myself, but God knows that when I do lose it, I keep my hands to myself. Because assault is a serious crime.

2.The student is still at fault. He beat up an older adult. That's the end of his university career, and now he is going to be jailed for assault...3 more years in jail, on top of the two months he spent in Lag jail.

3.The thing is, Nigerians don't know how to control their temper. On this site, you sometimes see people threaten others with violence, and assault for a comment that somehow offended them....
Forget,that guy isnt going to any jail.. Guy wey his family don bail out already. Some of those lecturers deserve those kind of treatments occasionally

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by BigYash: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Amuluonyenaego:
John Cena, na woman body u go strong. Ewu
You no read say the woman first injure am? Just that the guy dealt with it a child way.. Stupid lecturers everywhere in Nigerian Universities. They will be acting like they are god,most especially the female.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jaxxy(m): 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
Simran94:

Your lecturer asked you to leave their office several times but the next thing you could do was threaten her on what she would do if you didn't leave?

What would you do next if you were the lecturer?

And what is wrong with the question? He asked what will she do? She she answer not throw a mug when she’s not mad?

If her co lecturer asked her what she will do in such a situation what will she do?? A student is not ur baby or child at home. Hes an adult who paid to get knowledge not to be treated like a goat.

U respect him and he respects u. Uncivilized and unprofessional lecturers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
OriOko88:

Forget,that guy isnt going to any jail.. Guy wey his family don bail out already. Some of those lecturers deserve those kind of treatments occasionally

1.Bail is not necessarily a get out of jail free card

2.If you beat up everyone that 'talked down to you' or disrespected you' or frustrated you.....you won't last long in this world

The guy was at fault. He should have kept his hands to himself. He may not go to jail...but he would be rusticated very very likely. (and he may still go to jail if the lecturer insists on pressing charges).

(And yes, I was a student once. I was yelled at, shouted at by lecturers, and even once subjected to a full shellacking by a professor on one of my clinical exams. I kept my cool smiled, and learned how to live and work under pressure).

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jrusky(m): 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
backbencher:

Nothing the lecturer could do

1.Waive the SIWES...and the guy graduates without doing it....and when the investigators come, that's when the lecturer can get into trouble for letting the guy graduate without fulfilling all the criteria(especially if she wants to go for say HOD, or higher...)

2.University policy seems to be if you miss SIWES...you repeat it the following year. Again, the lecturer does not create the policy...the university and the Ministry of education do...

3.We have all been yelled at by our lecturers and shouted at by our lecturers. The guy should have kept quiet and not responded or hit back...for reasons I'm going to explain

First, school prepares you for the workplace. In the workplace, you are going to have unreasonable bosses, and people who will look down on you. Also,if the student gets a job in a service position...and he beats up someone who abused him...you think his company will retain him. (And I speak from experience. I work in health care, and have been abused, insulted, and shouted at, and even in one case assaulted..by patients and relatives. I did not fight back or lose my cool most of the time. If I fought back, do you think anyone is going to ask if I am innocent. No. It would be me misbehaving..and going to jail). Honestly...if he cannot control himself. Infact, if I was an employer, I won't employ him because he cannot control himself.
In brief, in the workplace he is going to meet a lot of people like the lecturer. And if he cannot control himself with Madam lecturer, how is he going to control himself with people like her in real life? Where the game is different?

Second, he is not the first person to have an extra year added to his course (I know a guy who ended up with an extra year in university because of unforeseen circumstances. He is now a big time professional and administrator). He should have just knuckled down, done his extra year, and who knows, might have gotten an opportunity then self. But no...he wants to graduate on time. Honestly...this graduate on time things...it is like a fetish or something.... The guy missed a lot of chances by not just saying 'yes ma, I'll take the extra year' He missed the chance to learn something that is very important...patience and more patience. And perseverance, and getting up from disappointment

Third, if he cannot keep his cool under a simple academic issue...then how would he behave in the outside world? Is he going to lose his temper and beat up people every time he feels disrespected? You know how such people end up...and jail is the least worst of the endings.

Why wasting your data these much? Read and understand my post bro. The 2 of them I blamed and will still blame them. Either Uni commission pegged no alternatives to missing SIWES or not a smart lecture would have sense danger when this guy is getting wilder and smartly refer him to the HoD to save herself and divert the tension already building up but she kept forming authority she is just lucky to still be alive. Next time she would use her brain.

Go back to my post pls. Failure for you or anyone to realise anger is on the land will send such person to his or her early grave. Someone just came back from prison and as a Nigerian you should know such person is already boilling better avoid him before its too late.

Good night.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Temptee101(m): 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
GauRanTor:

Because we have a larger percentage of imbeciles like you in this country that is why Nigeria is messed up.

If you still have an atom of brain left you will know that what this guy did to that woman will serve as a reminder to her or other lecturers that students under their care are human being not animals.

RUBBISH!!!

A chronic fraudster spotted.

Don't worry, nemesis will soon catch up with you.

BTW, there are many civil ways he could have employed to serve as a deterrent other than dehumanizing her.

Why didn't you advice him to kill her, i guess that would have sent a stronger warning to her colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by 9gerian: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Safyqueen: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad offsprings of MuhamMAD sad. sad.That All Dey sabi TERRORIST sad.God will deliver us from Ala undecided sad

The stupidity in you knows no boundaries. If Islam and the holy prophet is your problem, then you are sitting on the edge of a Cliff.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by after4: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Whatever, he will leave school and start all over if he is ever going to graduate. Am sure it won't be uni cal again

chrisvic007:

Who will rusticate him? Do you know the meaning of rustication?

He would be EXPELLED outrightly. That is not rustication.

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by cardoctor(m): 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
His father must be a wife beater.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by shadrach77: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that some nigerian lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?
Don't mind them. Many choose to ignore the fact that she threw a mug at him cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
jrusky:

Why wasting your data these much? Read and understand my post bro. The 2 of them I blamed and will still blame them. Either Uni commission pegged no alternatives to missing SIWES or not a smart lecture would have sense danger when this guy is getting wilde and smartly refer him to the HoD to save herself and divert the tension already building up but she kept forming authority she is just lucky to still alive. Next time she would use her brain.

Go back to my post pls. Failure for you or anyone to realise anger is on the land will send such person to his or her early grave. Someone just came back from prison and as a Nigerian you should know such person is already boilling better avoid him before its too late.

Good night.

I've read your post, and I fully understand you.

But the fact is, I am going to still come down on the student hard because the guy has demonstrated he lacks self control.

The lecturer was just telling him that he had to repeat a year. He wanted her to in essence lie on his behalf to the university about NOT doing his SIWES....which is a very very important part of his course. And he lost his temper...over a measly year.

Note, he was not being frustrated out of campus, he was not being told he would have to leave his course, he was being told he just had to fulfil the SIWES part of his course. What is so hard about that?

Plus SIWES was made mandatory by the Ministry of Education years ago. Nothing even the University could do in this matter.(They even made it mandatory for courses like Biology self)

If he cannot keep his cool under pressure, then he deserves all that happened to him.

Plus, we have heard only his side of the story...and you are assuming that he is truthful.For all we know he is probably trying to paint himself in a good light.

Modifed

Again I have read your post...and the fact is, there was nothing the lecturer could do. SIWES is mandatory. She did the only thing she could do...tell him to do his SIWES meaning he repeats a year. And he lost his temper over a policy that the lecturer or the University has no control over...and you are calling the lecturer wicked for telling him the truth.?

Modifed 2

You better read the SIWES requirements

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Lekison(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Op you didn't report exactly how he told his side of the story.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Gee64: 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
Irresponsible youth on campus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.