Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century (28251 Views)

The Ordeal Of A Headmaster / “This Lady Inside The Bus Was Rubbing My Leg” – Man Narrates His Ordeal / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Victerica(m): 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN

WTF man

Where the weed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Angelfrost(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
nenyewrites:

Yes na. Almost a decade of hardship. Someone that was 8 years when Buhari came into power is now almost 16, someone that was 20 is now almost 28. It's all Buhari's fault. Bringing a generation of poverty, hate and instability.

Okay... But, wealthy guys still have these same relationship ordeals.
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by mirexxx(f): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you yourself a maiden worthy of this knight you speak of? Or are you simply looking here for a knight to bear what is your wait and burdens without demanding the same from you? undecided
lol I am worthy maiden o
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Dear Muse,

You never asked about my hustle, your daily meal was the attention you thirst for and as a young soldier up north fighting for his life daily it was difficult for me.
Now you had the perfect excuse to serve the already weak relationship 'breakfast' because you and the family are at loggerheads. Right now, the battle and the busyness is over but I don't have the loads of attention to give again.

Regards,
A wounded soldier.

Something tells me that I'm a bit umemotional when it comes to matters that touch the heart.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by yinkbell: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Tajbol4splend:

These holy holy people actually think they know who God is, they know absolutely nothing about him

They know Him through the Bible pages. He's a spirit being; you can Know Him by His words. He exalt His Words even more than His name!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Alexis11: 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
pansophist:

Exactly, hence I hammered on the concept of "deregulation of the sexual marketplace". What we have is purely romantic capitalism that is brutal, with no democratic elements to it. Its basically sexual oligarchy, survival of the richest, where you have to be rich first, and she wish you'll be a good person, and to be beautiful and hot first, then he wish she will make a good wife.

We never see anything yet. To guess what is yet to come, take a look at relationships in the African American communities, they are the first in this journey of decadence. To predict the future, the past is a good place go start.

You are deep.
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Boogyman557: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
Victerica:

WTF man

Where the weed?
Holly Gram cool LoLz

OGA u want make I RUN MAD!

Na Everytime PESIN go de BLA WEED!

I de ASHAWOO house..

Na CIGARETTE we de BLA 4 here...

LITE UP my CIGARETTE in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by musicwriter(m): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2022
Moz22:
my entire text wrong or which part of my statement?

Don't let anyone misdirect you.

You're perfectly right choosing what works for you and leaving what doesn't. What works for me may not work for you. And what works for you may not work for me.

Your approach is actually one of the best philosophy of life anyone should adopt if they want to find peace of mind in this chaotic world.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Victerica(m): 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool LoLz

OGA u want make I RUN MAD!

Na Everytime PESIN I go de BLA WEED!

I de ASHAWOO house..

Na CIGARETTE we de BLA 4 here...

LITE UP my CIGARETTE in peace

WTF MAN!

LoL....

Abeg ooo, no run mad...

Enjoy your Ashawo and your cigarette

WTF man

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Angelfrost:

Okay... But, wealthy guys still have these same relationship ordeals.

In Nigeria or outside Nigeria?
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Boogyman557: 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Victerica:

LoL....
Abeg ooo, no run mad...
Enjoy your Ashawo and your cigarette
WTF man
Holly Gram cool thanks my Gee..

OYA COME carry ur own ASHAWOO..

Dem plenty 4 here..

WTF MAN!
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by pansophist(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
Alexis11:

You are deep.

I'm pansophist cool
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by martinmiller: 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

I'm very careful with long term consequences of relationships too. If i will marry, i think of the belief systems and ideologies of the lady's society i'm marrying from. Trust me bro, I won't marry a lady from some countries even if an angel appeared and tells me she's my wife, i'd rather marry a pig. There are some annoying tendencies in the German, Russian society. No disrespect, the society can be rich and industrious, but if i go marry o, it comes with Nigerian ladies first, after that West. Anything asides the main west, I nor do. In fact, i'm tired.

Make all of us dey careful dey go

Lol, marrying a lady from some countries is loving especially if you find love in them. These species are one of a kind, kill the tendencies and the annoying part with love and understanding. I would prefer them to Nigeria ladies 5 times in a week.

The good news is that love is so sweet if you find one, I experienced true love many times over but due to some factors I can't open here I would remain in the pool of knowing it to myself.

However, we all need to be careful of everything called women, and besides I won't support your position of staying single forever, love will surely find you and suprise you someday. Cheers.
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Angelfrost(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
nenyewrites:

In Nigeria or outside Nigeria?

Everywhere, even here in Nigeria!
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by bepositive11: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
dhiqson:
grin
Story
Thanking God for my last relationship
The person that I thought I was gan spend the rest of my life with, taught me how to let toxicity go cheesy
I mean, she's the reason I'm redpilled
Rn I no even too dey send
If it ain't about me, you're just playing yourself
And maybe I have a problem, I dunno don't care I'm all to myself
Got great friends I could kill for
I go hard for them, they go harder for me
Life's Good
God's good

You date a mature lady
She feels she's always right
Younger one, just plain st*****
Omo abeg grin

So you allowed her to make you toxic - a redpiller

You people need to learn how to heal and let go

Don't let toxic people have as much power over you to the point of making you a toxic person too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by dhiqson(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
bepositive11:

So you allowed her to make you toxic - a redpiller

You people need to learn how to heal and let go

Don't let toxic people have as much power over you to the point of making you a toxic person too

I wanted to reply you
But you think being a red piller equals toxicity
Aii bro
God keep us all alive

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Mrlouis: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE, NOT WHAT YOU WANT.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Loveknitting: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Moz22:
it took me a while contemplating whether I should comment on this or not.. however I'm gonna drop my token..

Ever since I saw a post saying "you've been unlucky with relationships, why not channel your energy into taking you and your family out of poverty and leave love alone" I had a mind shift... I maybe wrong but the truth of the matter is that true love doesn't exist no more.. the love u see people exhibit these days comes with expectations and when those expectations aren't met, that's when they'll say they fell out of love etc.. True love is a beautiful thing and I sincerely hope that I get to experience it before I exit this world, However I'm not looking for it.. this world is just too bleeped up, unbalanced and full of fuckery, but apparently there isn't much u can do about it. I have a thing that works for me anytime I feel some sorta affection for any girl which I don't wanna entertain.. I'm gonna be very single for a long time to come. Selah

Whoa!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by bepositive11: 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
dhiqson:

I wanted to reply you
But you think being a red piller equals toxicity
Aii bro
God keep us all alive

I don't think. I know

Go and see how so called red pillers talk about women on this forum. So damn disgusting

Those guys will never attract healthy women. Only toxic women will be attracted to them like flies
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by georgemarcus(m): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
Its so unfortunate your generation has used English; Social media and envy to kill what is known as ''True Love". My dear no one and i mean no in this country would tell you the truth that they are experiencing Love in True Love in their Relationship cum marriage. Why because; a lot ladies nowadays would tell you ''Love'' is Money and upon that some social media influenceers who are not even married or has tasted anything called Marriage would turn to be a Relationship Coach and Marriage Councillors and be talking rubbish. It could be he or she has had heart brake or even failed marriage would come online and be preaching rubbish about if you as a man don't have money you don't have to talk to a woman. As if when their fathers married their mothers they even have penny back then in their pocket. What has happened to ''True Love among Africans? Why did we allow the Westerners blind us with this alienated lifestyle. If you try to even emulate the medieval way of life you will be ridiculed and thrown muds at for not acting the trendy lifestyle of 'you must love money as a woman before you show love to a man. That is killing the decent system in choosing a wife. No young woman want to pay attention you as a young man who is struggling to meet uo with life. You will be regarded as a lazy fellow. You will be pushed to live a life you didnt bargained. You will be forced into a lifestyle your parents didnt introduced you into. You will have to start looking for a means of fast money to impress a girl or a young lady whom you dont want another man who is a bit better than you because he drives a car and you dont to take your woman from you. While the ones who are married into a home will be cajoled into seeking the attention of another man whom they think is richer or has properties than their husbands and can perform better financially not in the other room. What is wrong with Women? Why the pressure on men this days? Where is this blessings and favour that comes from ''he who findetth a good wife findeth a treasure and obtain favour from God''? Where is the Love we were once told of while growing up? There is so much decadence amongst men and women that need to be eschewed

3 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by GeneralPula: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
NOwazobia:
I really enjoyed this topic and the conversations that follow.

Nah people wey mature dey talk..

As in monikers wey I never see before..

E con dey gimme Joy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Xmen149(m): 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
How many times have you gone out with a lady and she opted to pay. Or dating your heart desire and she thinks of you when she walks past a men's clothing shop(my guy will look good on this).

But see them: "do you know that since I started dating this guy he has never bought...for me".

Even the loveliest of girl will change if she enter certain environment(our recent generation of girls learnt not thing from mama so men continue playing the games they never stopped inventing).

Your girl will give excuses of going out and doing love things with you but will be willing to do it with a new random guy(weda na adrenaline rush I don't know).

My First girlfriend fkd my lil causin that was still in secondary school and still they pressure me for marriage.

Another one I dated was telling me her ex paid her school fees bcs I didn't want to pay it.

I was on the way with one to my family house to introduce to my fam and her ex she reconciled with won't stop calling and she refused to pick I diverted our movement to a bar follow her Play her game till e scatter.

I have noticed that alot of guys started as good guys till they are turned to beast me for instance..girls on the other hand has a very high percentage that started straight up as bad girls the remaining ones learnt from friends and sometimes siblings and mothers that won't stop telling them how they should bring the best man home(rich) .

In all I have learnt one thing "there is no good girl,girls move to satisfy their needs at that given time" and everyone should take responsibility for what they do and stop passing blame

9 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Raalsalghul: 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
martinmiller:

Lol, marrying a lady from some countries is loving especially if you find love in them. These species are one of a kind, kill the tendencies and the annoying part with love and understanding. I would prefer them to Nigeria ladies 5 times in a week.

The good news is that love is so sweet if you find one, I experienced true love many times over but due to some factors I can't open here I would remain in the pool of knowing it to myself.

However, we all need to be careful of everything called women, and besides I won't support your position of staying single forever, love will surely find you and suprise you someday. Cheers.

Optimist!

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Angelfrost:

Everywhere, even here in Nigeria!

It's only in Nigeria o
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kingosytex(m): 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
pansophist:
Two words here, hypergamy and polygamy, the two vices of that have captivate most people, and they don't want to heal themselves from of it. Our selfishness and "whats in for me?", instead of "what can I give?", is what has brough us to this mess.

For women, it's hypergamy on steriods. They may have boyfriend, even a husband, but his validity ends when a better (understand it as richer) dude shows up, she will dump the boyfriend, or cheat if she is married. Her loyalty, commitment is conditional, for better for stay, for worse for astray. It's exactly what Naira Marley meant when he said "she is not your girlfriend, it's just your turn".

For men, its destructive polygamy. For example, traditional polygamy holds such polygamous men to husbandry responsibilities and by law, he has to fulfil legal, parental, and paternal duties to the children/wives. But now, a man may even be married to one, but have unlimited mistress and no responsibility towards them either, basically ejaculate and evacuate, the women are merely a tool.

Although no matter how we mourn about the cesspit romantic marketplace, its as a result of our own doing, and this has been well explained in the doctrines of "the deregulation of the sexual marketplace". Quote me if you want me to write about it, to explain why its a mess. The bad news is that it will only get worse, not better, worse. Its common sense. When you throw away old cultures that works (your parent's relationship is an evidence), then you'll arrive at one that doesn't work.

Relationships by its very definition should be regulated in a societal level, then the individuals participating in it will abide by ordained protocols and traditions that are passed down from past generations who have tested all models and arrived at one that works. Not now where a kid of 13 that is not just naive and naturally inexperienced, is expected to make decisions as lifelong as Relationship, navigating the sea of toxic people all in the name of freedom and liberalism. It has a price, and its called decadence.

Very apt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
Worse of all is that in this dating poll abi site as u call it more of Married men are there.. even more than single guys...

So what does that tell u about their marriages?? some self go and showcase romantic pictures, videos of them and their spouses on social media handles.. and still go back to the dating sites... Seriously Men ehee una matter no dey finish at all...!!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Xmen149(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
IJEYdiamond:
Worse of all is that in this dating poll abi site as u call it more of Married men are there.. even more than single guys...

So what does that tell u about their marriages?? some self go and showcase romantic pictures, videos of them and their spouses on social media handles.. and still coming back to dating sites... Seriously Men ehee una matter no dey finish at all...!!

Duh they are in high demand by the single and young ladies..Lol supply is limited though so girls rush them mostly if they provide what she needs
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by DoctorOlasDesk: 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
martinmiller:

You uplifted my spirits brov. Thanks and Cheers. Cheers to true love in the midst of love famine grin
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
hmmmm... Wish some men can be straight with their intentions,like ' babe let's be hitting ourselves' but instead some men will promise you marriage and waste your time at the end of the day, they will leave, same applies to some ladies
So now it is MEN and SOME ladies...
Feminists like you should stay out of relationship to avoid damaging good men like us.
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Xmen149(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
Xmen149:
How many times have you gone out with a lady and she opted to pay. Or dating your heart desire and she thinks of you when she walks past a men's clothing shop(my guy will look good on this).

But see them: "do you know that since I started dating this guy he has never bought...for me".

Even the loveliest of girl will change if she enter certain environment(our recent generation of girls learnt not thing from mama so men continue playing the games they never stopped inventing).

Your girl will give excuses of going out and doing love things with you but will be willing to do it with a new random guy(weda na adrenaline rush I don't know).

My First girlfriend fkd my lil causin that was still in secondary school and still they pressure me for marriage.

Another one I dated was telling me her ex paid her school fees bcs I didn't want to pay it.

I was on the way with one to my family house to introduce to my fam and her ex she reconciled with won't stop calling and she refused to pick I diverted our movement to a bar follow her Play her game till e scatter.

I have noticed that alot of guys started as good guys till they are turned to beast me for instance..girls on the other hand has a very high percentage that started straight up as bad girls the remaining ones learnt from friends and sometimes siblings and mothers that won't stop telling them how they should bring the best man home(rich) .

In all I have learnt one thing "there is no good girl,girls move to satisfy their needs at that given time" and everyone should take responsibility for what they do and stop passing blame

The worst is the working class ladies the "what can he get me that I can't get my self" you dey earn 150k dey hope to see miracle money from time to time. Something you paid for nodey your man house you are in serious relationship.

As I was typing one done send me message that I should take her to get cold stone tomorrow lol.

And all this "I love my sister I will give her the best "crew dey follow up with real life talk to her too,cos the moment she get over comfortable she raise her bars and target in men and women time no dey,one day na you or your parents go frustrate am comot for house or start match making her.

On Friday at clients house the wife's causin see me lose guard we talked to an extent the boyfriend was calling and she was busying the call and told me clearly it's her boyfriend.i was advising her to never get too comfortable(my client is rich) because she will always get the best to enjoy on so long she serves a purpose to that house(take care of kids,cook,clean or company).she was even telling me they want to teach her driving next week(it's clear this girl didn't even finish secondary school).And was talking on how she will marry a good rich man etc...

Well since my advice wasn't yielding any fruit I joined her game and the rest is history,all this while the boyfriend calls are busied.

I think I will write about my experience and sexcapad on a seperate thread.proberly when am married though..Lol.

Forget true love,.we all joined hand and killed that helpless lady though the she gender should collect the highest blame biko

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Muzikluva(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess. If you are already married, God has saved you. If you are in a serious relationship with someone who's goin to marry you, you are very luck lucky.

A lot of us are in relationships but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you. I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become, how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish?

"I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?

Our generation is just too selfish.
It is always about 'you'

You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside, you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when you are not even ready to change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return. Isn't that selfishness?

No sincerity, No commitment, No honesty, No love, just expectations without reciprocation.

We keep blaming our partners for our mistakes..

There's no day we won't hear about divorce, domestic violence, bf killing gf, gf stabbing bf ,

How long will this continue?

It's tiring

#Lalasticla
I could give you a thousand kisses for this post! Very sensible and it’s actually the sad reality!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat / UK Based Nigerian Lady Gushes About Her Man After Marriage Proposal. Photos / 8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.